Necro pve

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

So I heard recently Engi and Ranger are getting buffs. My question is are there any necro pve buffs coming aswell as necros are prolly the most lack luster dungeon running prof atm and d like to play my nec more.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Nothing has been said yet, we can only wait. To be honest though, I don’t have any hope for the Necro to become really viable in PvE. Sadly.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They’d have to make pretty big sweeping changes to make Necromancer worth running in PvE. We haven’t seen the balance preview for anyone else, but Necromancer is unlikely to get enough to be good in PvE, we’re just flat out missing too many mechanics and too much damage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

They’d have to make pretty big sweeping changes to make Necromancer worth running in PvE. We haven’t seen the balance preview for anyone else, but Necromancer is unlikely to get enough to be good in PvE, we’re just flat out missing too many mechanics and too much damage.

A berserker necromancer can actually dish out quite decent damage; it’s the lack of cleave and good group support we’re lacking. Give us a sword or something else that can cleave + give us traits along the lines of +150 Ferocity for each group member and we’d already be a bit better suited for PvE.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Zerker Necromancer hits around 9k DPS according to DnT’s most recent calcs, compared to around 14k from a staff ele, who also will bring far better support and AoE. For a build that brings nothing but damage that is pretty sad, regardless of whether we had cleave or some mediocre support to go along with it.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Zerker Necromancer hits around 9k DPS according to DnT’s most recent calcs, compared to around 14k from a staff ele, who also will bring far better support and AoE. For a build that brings nothing but damage that is pretty sad, regardless of whether we had cleave or some mediocre support to go along with it.

That’s why we need to step up in terms of cleave and support.
We can’t compare our DPS to those of Ele’s, we’ll never reach it for obvious reasons. However, with cleave and some good, unique support possibilities, Necromancers would be able to have a better place in PvE.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

What obvious reasons? If your build only brings DPS, it better actually bring good DPS; staff ele brings quite a bit more than just DPS, and yet even if you increase necro DPS by 50% it’d still be worse with less support. I’m talking non-FGS DPS, where Necros get beat by ele, thief, engi, guardian, and warrior, and don’t beat any profession (only a few 100% support builds) while bringing no support at all. Support isn’t going to just magically come out of nowhere, we have no mechanics currently in our profession to give support. Would it be a great thing to add? Sure, but I’m not getting my hopes up when we have nothing to build off of yet.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What obvious reasons? If your build only brings DPS, it better actually bring good DPS; staff ele brings quite a bit more than just DPS, and yet even if you increase necro DPS by 50% it’d still be worse with less support. I’m talking non-FGS DPS, where Necros get beat by ele, thief, engi, guardian, and warrior, and don’t beat any profession (only a few 100% support builds) while bringing no support at all. Support isn’t going to just magically come out of nowhere, we have no mechanics currently in our profession to give support. Would it be a great thing to add? Sure, but I’m not getting my hopes up when we have nothing to build off of yet.

Oh I think there’s a little misunderstanding. Of course, as it stands now, even more DPS wouldn’t help with anything. That is true. I meant that if we actually get a decent amount of good support which makes us desirable (however they manage to fit that in, it really is much easier said than done), we would manage.
Elementalists have conjures (even without FGS extremely strong) next to their normal skillsets and use the lowest health pool + the light armor class which makes them extremely squishy, thus if you go into full offensive you need to be rewarded for doing so, which is very high damage. Letting the necromancer compete in terms of DPS with an ele even though the necromancer shares the highest life pool with warrior und additionally has the death shroud would be quite silly imo.

I’m just saying that the there’s still hope for PvE-Necromancers

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You say the ele is squishy so that’s why you can’t compare our dps and we shouldn’t be allowed to get to that level but are you ignoring that eles can recover from being almost dead to full health extremely fast. They don’t need the high health pool if they can do that.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I agree we need support, and I don’t think its the “best” thing to just up our damage, I am only using it as a comparison between two professions with “low” support (although even full DPS staff ele brings quite a lot of support through conjures, fury, might, and constant fire fields). Also, Warriors bring far more damage than we do in DPS builds, only really losing out if they go PS.

The issue is if we keep our current level of damage, they would need to make us bring at least as much utility as phantasm mesmers, rangers (who are getting buffed according to the balance preview already), non DPS guardians, etc, and they need to do that while not touching our DPS at all, which will be extremely difficult. They need to add utility, probably with a +150 ferocity like a few have suggested, plus at least one or two other unique mechanics, all while not touching DPS, or while buffing some DPS sources to make room. Its just a lot of work to get Necro up to par, doable, but a lot.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Nothing has been said yet, we can only wait. To be honest though, I don’t have any hope for the Necro to become really viable in PvE. Sadly.

Anet only balances around tPvP because LOL ESPORTS so actual PvE balance is never going to happen. Look at ranger, they got all their useless weapons buffed in ways that don’t even matter and got no good buffs to their good weapons.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Not strictly true guang. The greatsword buffs are beneficial to pve especially against trash or bosses where you are forced to use gs. GS will be slightly less bad. Also the signet change is huge and the new grandmaster is a strong dps boost. Or did you not watch the preview?

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Not strictly true guang. The greatsword buffs are beneficial to pve especially against trash or bosses where you are forced to use gs. GS will be slightly less bad. Also the signet change is huge and the new grandmaster is a strong dps boost. Or did you not watch the preview?

At this point every time I see him post I just kind of assume its wrong and wait for someone to correct it.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

It’s a 10% boost to one skill in the auto which results in less than a 4% boost overall. It’s better than nothing but it hardly solves the ranger problem even coupled with a 10% boost from the Marksmanship grandmaster.

On the plus side, LB is slightly less bad now even at melee range, the Rapid Fire buff helps it out a lot. Still not as good as sword though.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Of course its not as good as sword. But there are places you have to use greatsword. Plus greatsword is what you should be using against trash. The increased targets on maul is pretty good for that aswell. The 10% is nothing to smirk at. And like I said the signet change is pretty huge.

Ranger has never been in a terrible state. It mostly needs some quality of life fixes and minor buffs. This patch is doing exactly that. You said recently that the group buffs ranger grants doesnt make up for the poor personal dps. This will be slightly less true after the patch. And even with that arguement holding true there are other good reasons to take a ranger.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

Has Anet said anything about giving classes new weapons?

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

yes, its planned/in the works with no promise that it will happen anytime soon.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

yes, its planned/in the works with no promise that it will happen anytime soon.

Please let this happen though. Getting a little bored with the weapons we have right now.

Necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

So I heard recently Engi and Ranger are getting buffs. My question is are there any necro pve buffs coming aswell as necros are prolly the most lack luster dungeon running prof atm and d like to play my nec more.

Necro is top notch at tag and bag in small zergs; a very good multi target farmer. Some significant changes are probably necessary to rework the PvE experience.