Necro pvp

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: undead.3175

undead.3175

I see a lot of complaints here about necros.. Ive used them vrs ever class in kitten near every situation .. And have yet them shy of being a beast ..
Necros in current form seem kitten to me Sure we dont do a kitten ton of dmg highest crits in a def spec does 6k but thats with 1800 toughness and 30k hit points ..
And survive abilty is top notch .. i spend ton of time rezing my teammates successfully while the mobs or peepz beat on me ..

You cant kill whats already dead …

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jaydee.8143

Jaydee.8143

What the hell are you using that crits for 6k? Screenshots?

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

i would like to know also what gives you 1800 toughness and 30k hit points and make you able to crit for 6k sounds like a 30/30/30/30/30 build to me

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kayotik.5790

Kayotik.5790

I’ve been specifically playing around with a tanky DS build lately. About 27k hp, 1600 toughness, 37% crit damage… And I’m lucky to crit for 2.5k

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Glass cannon build with full focus on power/pres. Power is 2600, pres is 2200. Toughness is around 1000 or so. Even with the right traits, no buffs, my dagger 1 cycle only does, what like 5-6k dmg (1-2k for fire/lightning aoe proc sigil) and life siphon does 4-5k.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Kayotik.5790

I’ll definitely give it a shot, thanks. I’ve been using the same strategy to increase DS damage. Build 3-6 stacks of might in DS, pop blood is power, drop well of suffering + focus offhand with a battle sigil during the weapon swap, and then on the second DS you’ll deal some impressive damage.

Oddly enough, though… I’m hitting harder in Death Shroud than I am in Lich Form. Maybe it’s because those stacks of might are dropping within the first few nukes.

I’m not trying to call you out here, but I rarely even hit for 6k in Lich form in my PvE gear/build. This is the same gear/build I’ve used to hit 9.2k with life siphon.

(edited by Kayotik.5790)

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

Yeah, my necro is sooooo kitten bad… wish i could kill people with it. OHWAIT!

Seriously tho, people need to stop complaining about a class that can do better than most dps classes without even sacrificing that much survivability for damage. Maybe the class isn’t for you? Have you even tried another class? Even to get used to what you’ll be likely up against? Like someone said, you QQ’rs are coming on to these forums complaining about a broken class without even showing how broken it is. Until you complainers post screenshots or share your current build so that we may give advice to help you be more efficient, you are what is broken. Cheers.

~Melancholy Death

Attachments:

(edited by OreoWolf.9564)

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

I’ve tried tons of power/crit builds, and there is no way you are getting 6k plus in a defensive setup.

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: khoriltharion.4216

khoriltharion.4216

Ok i never answer theese threats but this is anoying me…

First at all, sorry for my english.

I’ve made the most cannon glass build i could with my necro:
3020 power + 13-15 stacks of might
57% of critical chance + 20% from fury
58% of critical damage.

The higest damage i could reach is 4,8k with dagger 2, wich is canalized so u can get interrupted, dodged etc…

Im NOT asking you to explain how do u get 6k from a crit (provably if u can is provably from a canalized skill so its not much usefull in real combat) i am asking you for an IMAGE that proves u are telling us the truth.

Ive never felt my necro underpowered, little buggy but not UP. And seriosly, the only mobs in Tpvp are the ones next to the lord and those dont kill much. U seem not to have much expirience with the necro or pvp. Sorry if i bothered u but show me im wrong….

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

So the plague signet and a few trait skills are bugged. Your acting like there are only a few viable builds that rely solely on those defective things. Funny thing about every single person who complains about the necro is that NOT ONE mentions themselves contributing to their poor performance. Sure, I can blame a bug every time I die too, but I guess that is what separates myself from the elitests coming here from WoW and other mmorpgs. The reality is, someone is going to kill you once in a while, it’d be luck or skill. I’m sure every time you die by a thieve, you say to yourself “kids so bad spams #2 key omg” instead of reflecting on what you did wrong/could of done. Truth is, there are decent thieves out there who don’t solely rely on spamming a key. Ignorance at best.

And the point of my screenshot is that these “bugs” don’t affect how I play, nor do they deteriorate the fun I have while playing. And if you go on saying spvp doesn’t matter, and that only tpvp shows skill, you must obviously be ignorant to the fact that most tpvp players pick up players and form random teams and don’t use teamspeak/mumble. While you and others are QQ’ing on the forums about issues that will get fixed in time, I’ll be having a good time with a game that has already made the money I spent on it worth it. I can only hope this silly ranting may stop soon so the forums can be filled with interesting/constructive threads.

~Cheers, Melancholy Death

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Kayotik.5790

OreoWolf, you need to calm down and realize what you’re replying to. Nobody in this thread has been complaining about how underpowered we are. The OP stated the exact opposite, in fact. The people replying to him all asked for proof of him hitting for 6k in an entirely defensive build- which, let’s be honest.. probably didn’t happen.

Either you’re replying to the wrong thread, or you haven’t read a single post in here before replying.

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

So you agree that you take this game much more serious than I, as I play to have a good time. If your into the e-sport, this game really isn’t for you. Even thinking this game has a competitive level when it lacks a leader board of any kind to show for player/team skill in pvp is simply invalid. In my post, I stated bugs hardly have an impact on player skill or lack of enjoyment. If it is bugged, don’t use it. Bringing up the idea of other limitations (which i agree upon) just steers away from what point I was trying to make. Yes there are problems with the class, but why do you let it bring yourself down instead of finding ways around them and enjoying yourself? Instead of being ungrateful of what you do not have, how about being grateful of what little you do? And saying I was dismissing the fact that there are problems with the class is wrong, as I only stated that people dismiss the fact that player skill has a lot more to do with your performance than a bug does. No, I am not the best nelly out there, but I can still enjoy myself. Anet will deal with these issues in time, but while they remain, try to enjoy yourself a bit. Funny thing about you telling me that time will show me how much is wrong with the class, is that I can guarantee you that they will be long-gone before I even care about the problems haha. To put it simply, find a way to play as a necro without the need to complain over these bugs and limitations, or roll another class in the mean time. It’s rather simple

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

And before you assume I am attacking you and you decide to sum up my post to be what it is not again, I shall do it for you.

Yes there are bugs and problems. Heck, I am not even aware of most of them as we speak. I agree with you and all the other people who have concern about them. I was pointing out that when we spend time complaining about them after Anet already knows of the issues, it just takes away from our gaming experience. Personally, I will continue to have fun experimenting with a bunch of builds I come up with on the top of my head while they deal with these problems. So let’s say you make an obvious mistake at work while your co-workers witnesses it. As you continue on your way to fix it, you are constantly nagged at and overwhelmed by every single person repeating what you did wrong over and over again, even as you attempt to fix it. Just think about it through the eyes of Anet, as it can get pretty annoying. In one of your previous threads you mentioned a good point about the communication between players and Anet. I agree they should update us on how they are going about fixing it, and even asking us for our opinions or suggestions. But we need to show the same amount of cooperation/communication as them instead of repeating what is wrong constantly. I am aware there are problems with the class, but let’s try to get past them. Hope that clears up what I was trying to say

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scurra.1467

Scurra.1467

I don’t know much about WvW, and i feel like a god in 8vs8, but I play tPvP, and I can’t take it easy, I have people relying on me.
The feeling, that i can fulfill my role, any role, better with another class with even less efforts, is driving me crazy. That’s the problem with the class. I don’t want to reroll, i continue with my necromant, but the only good reason for it that comes to my mind is that i’m a masochist.
Yeah! Let’s suck it up, swallow it and enjoy playing with broken toy.

Necro pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

the only real problem ive had of late is not having enough shadow power to deathshroud and cop the thief 14k backstab and heart seeker spam so much ultily to the class but somtimes it does feel like burst damage is lacking
still easy my favorite character

(edited by Boogiepophantom.3041)