Necro/reaper balance--if i were in charge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

If I were in charge, here would be my patch notes for Tuesday, Nov. 17.

Buffs:

1) Foot in The Grave—1 extra stack of stability, duration extended by 1 second (2 stacks for 4 s, from 1 stack for 3 s).
2) Parasitic contagion—5% extra healing (15% from 10%).
3) Spiteful spirit: CD is removed, damage is normalized to the axe 3 skill. Secondary effect added which provides 5s of retal on critical hits with a 10s CD.

4) Make axe 3 instant cast.
5) Increase damage coefficient of axe 2 from 2.88 to 3.0.
6) Increase damage coefficient of axe 1 from 0.77 to 0.8.
7) Dagger 4 now provides 2% lifeforce for each condition transferred to an enemy.

8) Blighters boon: In addition to the current effects, boons from allies now provide 1/2 the healing and 1/2 the lifeforce on a 2s cooldown.
9) Soul eater: Remove life siphon from soul eater. Increases GS attack speed by 15%.
10) Relentless pursuit: Additional bonus of receive 3 s of swiftness and 1 s of quickness when critically hit, CD of 10 s.
11) Death’s charge and Grasping Darkness are now no longer buggy and working as intended.

Nerfs:

1) Deathly chill—reduce condi damage scaling from 3.0 to 2.5.
2) Rise damage reduction is reduced to 33% (from 50%).
3) Executioners scythe: CD increased to 35 s (from 30 s).
4) Soul Spiral: CD increased to 35 s (from 30 s).
5) Lingering curse: weakness duration reduced to 4 s (from 5s) on critical hits.
6) Vital persistence: Shroud skill CD reduction is removed from this trait and instead added to Unyielding Blast. (optional :P)

Quality of Life changes:
1) You may now see the cooldowns of you heal, utility, and elite skills while in Shroud. As before, you may not activate these skills in Shroud.

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

No offence, but this is why devs balance games…

It doesnt make sense to take a class which is almost good and make massive changes to 15 things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

No offence, but this is why devs balance games…

It doesnt make sense to take a class which is almost good and make massive changes to 15 things.

None taken, but could you elaborate on what’s bad? I can explain myself a bit, if that helps.

Buffs:
1) Stab on Ftg is too short. Compare this to 100% stability uptime from Bountiful Disillusionment.
2) Who uses Parasitic Contagion? Needs a buff to be viable.
3) Compare Spiteful Spirit with Lingering Curse. You can see what I’m trying to do here.
4) Here I’m dreaming, but it would be tons of fun to cast axe 3 while channeling axe 2.
5) Axe 1 has a damage coefficient of 0.77, single target.
6) Axe 2 is just a minor DPS increase to axe 1…if this is going to be a “burst” skill, it needs a damage coefficient to match.
7) There is currently no LF generation on the OH dagger. It is the only weapon that can boast this deficiency.
8) Blighters boon now requires Spite. Bye Bye build diversity.
9) The health generation on Soul Eater is useless.
10) Compare Relentless Pursuit with Druid’s Natural Stride. Underwhelmed yet?
11) Speaks for itself. These skills work 50% of the time on a good day.

Nerfs:
1) This skill is highly overtuned.
2) Rise is fairly well balanced, but after using it in both BWE’s and since Oct 23rd, I think it could use a modest shave.
3) Compare this skill and the CD to the DS equivalent.
4) Compare this skill and the CD to the DS equivalent.
5) Unimportant, but I think the near perma weakness is slightly overtuned.
6) Unimportant and possibly stupid, but VP just has so much going for it.

QoL:
1) I don’t think anyone will argue with this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

If I were in charge, here would be my patch notes for Tuesday, Nov. 17.

Buffs:

1) Foot in The Grave—1 extra stack of stability, duration extended by 1 second (2 stacks for 4 s, from 1 stack for 3 s).

The trait would be good if we have more flash based ds style for ds. So I don’t think this will help much.

It’s still a trait which is only effctive when you are winning (== doing lots of damage).

3) Spiteful spirit: CD is removed, damage is normalized to the axe 3 skill. Secondary effect added which provides 5s of retal on critical hits with a 10s CD.

I would change the criticals to just on hit.

Too strong.

4% increase in damage, I would call it meaningless.

7) Dagger 4 now provides 2% lifeforce for each condition transferred to an enemy.

This needs a rephrase: “Dagger 4 now provides 2% lifeforce for each stack of conditions transferred to an enemy”. If I transfer 25 vuln I would receive 50% life force with your version.

8) Blighters boon: In addition to the current effects, boons from allies now provide 1/2 the healing and 1/2 the lifeforce on a 2s cooldown.

So at best a 0.5% life force or 80 health every 2 seconds, this won’t change anything.

9) Soul eater: Remove life siphon from soul eater. Increases GS attack speed by 15%.

Goes against thematics and is too strong for a master.

10) Relentless pursuit: Additional bonus of receive 3 s of swiftness and 1 s of quickness when critically hit, CD of 10 s.

This is just plain OP.

11) Death’s charge and Grasping Darkness are now no longer buggy and working as intended.

Bugfix= bugfix.

Nerfs:

Oh come on people complaing about this. Power damage did this all the time: damage when applying a (soft) cc, now conditions do it (traited mind you) and it is a problem.

What good does this, aside making it weaker in PvE (where this is not OP)? I mean the mionion will absorb a fixed amount of damage that didn’t change at all and it won’t change minion builds because it would give more time for the minion to receive heals or siphon.

I see wher this comes from but given the cast times and range I think it is balanced.

5) Lingering curse: weakness duration reduced to 4 s (from 5s) on critical hits.

I think you meant weakening shroud? I don’t think this is necessairy, I’m not even sure if it even matters since it might be cleansed before that second is run.

6) Vital persistence: Shroud skill CD reduction is removed from this trait and instead added to Unyielding Blast. (optional :P)

It is not the cooldown reduction that this makes this (too?) strong. So I don’t think it will do much but nerf a lot of shroud based builds which really don’t need nerfing.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

If I were in charge, here

This needs a rephrase: “Dagger 4 now provides 2% lifeforce for each stack of conditions transferred to an enemy”. If I transfer 25 vuln I would receive 50% life force with your version.

I think your phrasing is even more confusing…

25 Vulnerability Stacks and 2 Bleeding stacks.

2 conditions total versus 27 stacks of condition total.

I think the original phrasing was fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Too much to ask for insta casts on necro, I think Axe#3 is almost ok, just needs a blast finisher.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

The original phrasing is certainly not fine, 25 vulns = 25 conditions. In hindsight mine is not much better (since you have both the stack as the total and the stacks as the individual condition). Perhaps something like: “2% life force for each type of condition transferred”?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

@11: Not a balance change. Sorry, but the coding on these skills is not a simple “fix it” thing.

Not the worst set of changes I’ve seen, but quite a bit I disagree with. Like making Unholy Feast instant.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

The original phrasing is certainly not fine, 25 vulns = 25 conditions. In hindsight mine is not much better (since you have both the stack as the total and the stacks as the individual condition). Perhaps something like: “2% life force for each type of condition transferred”?

But it’s the same as the consume conditions description…Heal more for each condition on you, implying each distinct condition. Having 2 stacks of bleeding on you doesn’t mean you have two conditions, it means you have two stacks of the same condition.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

But it’s the same as the consume conditions description…Heal more for each condition on you, implying each distinct condition. Having 2 stacks of bleeding on you doesn’t mean you have two conditions, it means you have two stacks of the same condition.

Well there are counter examples with bitter chill and corrupter’s fervor, which actually grant their effect per stack.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Buffs:

1) IMO, Foot in the Grave is already pretty spectacular. I don’t see a reason to buff it, at all.

2) Doesn’t fix the problem. This is a win-more trait: that is, it only really does anything you when you’re already handily winning the fight.

3) This is already a really good trait. Removing the CD might be ok, though.

4) Why? It’s already really good. This is the very last thing the Axe needs.
5) This is a 4% damage buff. A bit too modest of an increase IMO. 10% would probably make it feel better to use.
6) The autoattack doesn’t need a buff.
7) Semantics of how to word this aside, I like this change but I’d probably ask for an extra 2% added for free per hit. Our Condi builds desperately need more LF gain and they should be able to get a decent amount even if they aren’t transferring a half-dozen conditions

8) I’m not convinced Blighter’s Boon needs all that much of a buff, but if it does, this would not be the way to go. If anything, it needs to be opened up so it works better in different builds, which your suggestion wouldn’t accomplish.

9) The current life siphon clearly needs to go (it’s another win-more trait) but I still like the idea of giving the Greatsword some life siphoning somewhere. Attack speed would be nice but not, fundamentally, what we need.

10) As it stands, the trait is serviceable but a bit bland. I’m not a huge fan of this type of change, though: it’s hard to build around a long cooldown relative to a rather minor effect.

11) They aren’t really all that “buggy” in my experience. I’ve had a few hiccups with Death’s Charge but mostly when I switch targets mid-flight. Grasping Darkness has issues with inclines, though, and it’d be nice if those were fixed. Also I’d prefer for it to be ground-targeted, but that’s not really a bug.

Nerfs:

These all strike me as arbitrary. It’s like you’re making some cuts just for the sake of making room for your buffs rather than nerfing things that are actually too strong.

Quality of Life changes:
1) You may now see the cooldowns of you heal, utility, and elite skills while in Shroud. As before, you may not activate these skills in Shroud.

Yes please.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not really sure where the OP’s coming from on a lot of these.

Chill-condi reaper is pretty dang strong, but I don’t think Spiral and Scythe need cooldowns bumped up; auto-attacking is pretty boring, and it’s not like there’s a weapon swap within shroud to keep doing things; consider playing necro with just a staff and no swaps; the high-impact skills are on high cooldowns and the rest just feels mediocre, and autoing isn’t very engaging. I can only get behind the DC reduction by 16%.

Power reaper is viable, but I’d argue power base necro running Spite/DM/SR is a better killer. Reaper’s just a lot more consistent and imho considerably more fun (but I wasn’t a fan of base necro because of its slowness to begin with) :P

Vital Persistence doesn’t really need changing like that.

To give base necro the consistency it needs to be relevant in the PvP scene, it just needs more stability access. Necromancers can deal with being focused fairly well from a damage perspective due to their durability, but suffer from being locked out of play. Reaper changes this dynamic by allowing for that durability to keep them in a fight while being able to retaliate. Reduce cooldowns on DS4 and DS5 to 35, DS4 getting a few stacks of stability at the beginning of the cast (and I do mean a few, like 3 or 4), and putting DS2 on a stunbreak would probably do wonders.

I don’t really think the reaper is overpowered so much that it’s giving the illusion it is because of its consistency and capacity to take on different targets with pretty decent success while in shroud. Boon stealing, CC-locking, and playing with disabling conditions are very solid ways to play against RS, and the greatsword, while odd, I think has a learning curve that’s fair for both the reaper and the opponent; putting too much consistency on grasping darkness would remove both the skill needed to use it properly as well as remove the ability for opponents to out-maneuver the reaper’s long-choreographed skills. I haven’t experienced a bug yet in charge unless the opponent is lagging heavily or uses a teleport skill, which is fine. Unless there’s a bug like before where it’s still causing people to go backwards (I haven’t experienced anything odd yet if there is, nor has anyone in my guild), I don’t necessarily agree this should be classified as a “bug” and/or changed.

The QoL for seeing utilities in shroud would be really, really nice, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

NO, 25 vulns =/= 25 conditions, 25 vulns = 25 stacks of 1 condition….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

3 and 10 are both too much, and the nerfs are completely unnecessary, with the possible exception of Deathly Chill.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Consume Conditions

Feast on your conditions, gaining health for each one consumed. You become vulnerable.

Healing Healing: 5,240 (1.0)?
Healing Heal per condition: 724 (0.1)?
Damage and condition damage taken are increased; stacks intensity.5 Self Vulnerability (4s): 5% Incoming Damage, 5% Incoming Condition Damage

Consuming a full stack of 25 vuln does not heal you for 23340 health. OP’s wording is exactly the same as this skill that no one seems to be hopelessly confused by.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

1)Fix bugs that have existed since launch ( Spectral Grasp for example)
2)Increase life force of Reaper Shroud, drains so quickly compared to Death Shroud.
3)Increase damage of Reaper Shroud 1, hits like a wet noodle on anything but low armor targets.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I would rather focus on improving lesser used skills and making traits/skills more complementary.

For example
Signet of Undeath – add passive Transfusion teleport range increase.

Lingering Curse – add 25 per cent duration increase on all conditions. Adjust scepter bleed and poison duration accordingly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Thx god ur not in charge!!!!!