Necro's Rock!

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Auum.3410

Auum.3410

So my first level 80 was a guardian, my second 80 was a warrior, and my third 80 was a ranger. I then played around with Ele, Engi, Mesmer and Thief. Keep in mind I only play PvE.

Now, I am well aware that all classes can be specced to fill various roles, but I found the guardian a little boring (for support), the warrior a little squishy if i wanted to melee dps (which was also limited in dungeons due to various AOE’s), the Ranger was OP but 1 button win boring, I wasn’t much good with the Ele and again it was squishy, the Engi also got boring due to the lack of weapons/skins, the Mesmer was also meh, and I couldn’t get the dps out of the thief that I would have liked while again also being very squishy.

The Necro on the other hand seems perfect. Only level 15 at the moment, running a D/D & Staff build and love it. Great mix of targeted AOE effects (meaning some skill required) as well as CC as well as in your face single target damage, keeping minions up also takes a bit of concentration. My mate played one early on and was constantly complaining about getting whomped by mobs in the class quest, but so far I haven’t had any trouble at all. At level 13 I solo’d a lvl 16 vet which was great fun.

Here’s to Necro’s!

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah Necro are a good classe for leveling.

Welcome!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

I am an altaholic myself, currently have Thief 60, Ranger 35 and Warrior 33 but I wanted a spell caster type and I love necros/warlocks of previous games so I am trying out the necro and it is pretty kitten good.

Currently running Scepter/Dagger and Staff and building to be a Minion Master. At level 9 I solo’d the Group Boar in Queensdale by the Hunting Lodge. It took forever and other boars kept joining the party but I got it done and that pretty much sealed the deal for me after getting an Ele and Mesmer to 17 and not enjoying their style.

It’s going to be interesting to see what I can do with this character as I level.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Auum.3410

Yeah, I’m moving toward Sheobix’s power/vit/toughness build, but even at these early stages I think the general playstyle is really fun. There’s enough movement, planning, wep switching etc to keep me interested, without it being overly ‘twitchy’. My fave move with staff is if I happen to miss a group of mobs with an AoE, so I then place a fear AoE on me, and BAM – straight back into the missed AoE they go – especially useful if it is the one that slows – gives me time to line up a few more.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

@Rustypipes Or cant do.

Have to admit i did enjoy my necro up untill 30 then i got the “watch me die golem” and i just got more and more frustrated as he again and again just stood there. After that i noticing more stuff that didnt work and how the class just didnt have any flow in its combat, how alot of traits didnt have any synergy or barely did anything, the copy/paste skills, bad ds ui and so on.

But good luck to you 2 and i really hope you can say this once you hit 80 and farmed some dungeons.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Auum.3410

Yeah, every class has it’s broken bits unfortunately…which is another reason I’m not going with the minion line.

I find there is definitely a flow to the playstyle – and I agree, I hope to able to say the same thing at 80

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

I started with a Mesmer, took him to about 25, then an Engineer and took him to about 25, then an Elementalist and took him to about 55, then a Thief and took him to about 25, and finally tried Necro and love it! I deleted the Mesmer and am not sure about the Engineer, but will definitely take the Necro, Elementalist, and Thief to 80.

The Necro’s way tougher than the Elementalist, and I feel like he spends less time casting as well. The Elementalist has a HUGE range of abilities, of course, and more finishers than a Necro, but I haven’t put any time in on my Elementalist (except to level up crafting) since starting on my Necro.

I deleted the Mesmer to try a Guardian, and they do have some nice tricks. Like casting the ring that keeps enemies from moving out of it, then smash them back with the Hammer … hilarious! (I wish it did additional damage, but don’t think it does.)

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

So my first level 80 was a guardian, my second 80 was a warrior, and my third 80 was a ranger. I then played around with Ele, Engi, Mesmer and Thief. Keep in mind I only play PvE.

Now, I am well aware that all classes can be specced to fill various roles, but I found the guardian a little boring (for support), the warrior a little squishy if i wanted to melee dps (which was also limited in dungeons due to various AOE’s), the Ranger was OP but 1 button win boring, I wasn’t much good with the Ele and again it was squishy, the Engi also got boring due to the lack of weapons/skins, the Mesmer was also meh, and I couldn’t get the dps out of the thief that I would have liked while again also being very squishy.

The Necro on the other hand seems perfect. Only level 15 at the moment, running a D/D & Staff build and love it. Great mix of targeted AOE effects (meaning some skill required) as well as CC as well as in your face single target damage, keeping minions up also takes a bit of concentration. My mate played one early on and was constantly complaining about getting whomped by mobs in the class quest, but so far I haven’t had any trouble at all. At level 13 I solo’d a lvl 16 vet which was great fun.

Here’s to Necro’s!

I have a few tutorials that might make your necromancer experience even more enjoyable. They are on pinned on this forum, feel free to check them out.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Auum.3410

Here’s to Necro’s!

I have a few tutorials that might make your necromancer experience even more enjoyable. They are on pinned on this forum, feel free to check them out.

Cheers, will do

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Here’s to Necro’s!

Ranger is OP? Are we playing the same game???? I mean, if you stay at your level zone and use longbow…and bears..than maybe I can sorta somewhat understand… But levelign a Ranger and going to zones 5-10 levels ahead of you and in dungeons… No way is Ranger OP… barely even good. Guardian on the other hand can kill things 5 levels ahead of him easily. meh, to each his own

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

I love my Necro.
I can solo event chains in Orr.
I can maintain 20 bleeds on a Champion, then watch his minions melt away using one skill.
I do that from 900 range.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diggidy.2856

Diggidy.2856

I have an 80 Mesmer and guard, 30 ranger and 20 ele. So far the necro is the easiest/most fun. I say its easier than the ranger b/c of its nice aoe and its not as boring. I can see how any class with a clense can rock a necro in pvp though.
As far as leveling goes I am traiting for condition dmg and power, but was wonder how the pet summon was from 5 trait points into toughness?

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Necro is really fun in PvE because you can pretty easily kill Champions and large groups of anything less powerful. Necro can even clear some Dungeon Bosses solo if you know what you are doing.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: HyDraLiNsK.2470

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I have a lvl 80 necro, and every time I play one of my alts, I get bored because it’s not as fun as my necro.

Necro owns!

“This rose has thorns…. here they are!!”

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

I have an 80 ranger, 80 engineer, 80 ele, a 49 thief, and i’ve tried every class multiple times…including 3 previous tries at necro and i just couldn’t get into it, because i was trying to make it like my curses GW1 necro.

but i have to say, This current necro (Staff, Axe/Focus, wells of suffering, darkness and power) is quite a lot of fun. on 24 now and it’s been a breeze because AOE is the way to go in PvE! also fun getting used to DS- i love how quick you can go in, pop doom for an instant interrupt then go back out, or stay for the area life drain.

I miss my curses Necro but i guess this will have to do!

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I have an 80 ranger, 80 engineer, 80 ele, a 49 thief, and i’ve tried every class multiple times…including 3 previous tries at necro and i just couldn’t get into it, because i was trying to make it like my curses GW1 necro.

but i have to say, This current necro (Staff, Axe/Focus, wells of suffering, darkness and power) is quite a lot of fun. on 24 now and it’s been a breeze because AOE is the way to go in PvE! also fun getting used to DS- i love how quick you can go in, pop doom for an instant interrupt then go back out, or stay for the area life drain.

I miss my curses Necro but i guess this will have to do!

Yeah dude, I agree. I run a well/well/BiP power build and when I hit BiP, drop both wells, turn to DS and let the life force mega drain rip, not too much survives.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Last night on my necro in PvE I successfully kited 14 enemies at once, one of which was a vet, while a bunch of downed people watched. Afterwards I rezzed them as they called my character OP and said, “It is not fair that Necros can do that.” One said I was using a “permadodge” hack and should be reported.

Condition kiting and knowing when to dodge centaur knockdown = OP PvE, I guess.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I solo’d 2 vets and their mobs before. I got downed, but never died. It’s all about learning to play necro!

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

Yes! My necro is generally always the last one standing and I’m constantly in and out of melee. PvE is shine time for necromancers.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

The more I play the more amazed I am at this class. Being able to solo some group event bosses is just simply amazing. If they make some needed changes/fixes in the 12/14 patch I foresee the Necro easily becoming the first profession I take to 80+ (+ being things after end game). I have a 60 Thief which I do enjoy but it gets repetitive after a few hours, but he is awesome at exploring maps, so he will probably the the one I do the 100% with. It’s just too easy to stealth at will.

Anyway, the more time I spend pushing my Necro’s limits, the more I enjoy it.

Happy, happy, happy.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Besides our “soloability” and stuff and besides our bugs it is truly an engaging profession that really does reward good play rather than just be a “mob-faceroll” or “whach-a-mole” button presser. I am just a scrub but I really love the play style of the necro…if I go badly it is usually my own fault but if I do well I can feel the reward for good play.

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I am extremely pleased to see other players coming across the good parts of the class, I leveled Sheo up to 80 first, then played other classes.. finally got my thief to 80 two weeks ago.. haven’t played him since.

This class is just awesome. (i mean, i can expect a lot more people would be happy if minions reacted a little better and some other things were fixed from gimpdom but hey.. im not complaining, it hopefully will be done eventually)

Necro's Rock!

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I never found necromancers weak, maybe not as powerful as one of the BWE but definitely not weak either. I think the general problem is just the lack of polish the necromancer started with, way too many bugs and glitches.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.