Necro sPvP video with commentary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diamondsky.8536

Diamondsky.8536

My first pvp vid, hope you guys like it. Feedback welcome!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

Lol, I know you are excited about your first pvp video, but you only have to post once! I promise it will be seen!

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

Sorry, was getting 502 errors but it looks like they all actually went through -_-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

Enjoyed the vid/commentary. Do you have a link to your spec?

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

Sure, here it is:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#5|0|1201|2064|3415|9243|4693|20|1215|1211|0|30|2325|1233|1238|20|1569|1566|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|6|15|1|28033|28044|53499|53499|53499|53499|53499|21023|48791|0|0|0|0|

Note that since making the vid I have changed the grandmaster spite talent to Withering Precision since Lingering Curse doesn’t stack with Hemophilia.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cls.9346

Cls.9346

Dont know why people keep insisting it doesnt stack, because it DOES stack. So better switch that one back.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

Dont know why people keep insisting it doesnt stack, because it DOES stack. So better switch that one back.

Does it? I just read that in a necro bug thread, didn’t test myself. In that case I will definitely switch back.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dorn.5867

Dorn.5867

You mention in the last post that Hemophilia doesn’t stack with Lingering Curses, but Lingering curses increases all the conditions you apply with your scepter not just your bleeds. Wouldn’t it still be worth it to apply longer duration Vulnerability/blinds etc?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

You mention in the last post that Hemophilia doesn’t stack with Lingering Curses, but Lingering curses increases all the conditions you apply with your scepter not just your bleeds. Wouldn’t it still be worth it to apply longer duration Vulnerability/blinds etc?

We don’t have Vulnerability or Blind on the Scepter, only Bleed and Cripple.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Does it? I just read that in a necro bug thread, didn’t test myself. In that case I will definitely switch back.

The first couple posts of the bug thread that are kept updated by the OP should be considered the most appropriate place to look for determining which bugs are actually real.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Dorn.5867

We don’t have Vulnerability or Blind on the Scepter, only Bleed and Cripple.

Don’t we get Weakness from one of the abilities as well?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Imix.6152

Imix.6152

Condition jewels (THE THING SOCKETED INSIDE THE AMULET) and Condition runes are an absolute waste in Spvp, you’re getting 14 dmg out of them. The amulet alone with no additional condition modifiers will give you 100 dmg ticks on bleeds. Freeing up Runes and Jewel will give u room to build tankier or more bursty

(i prefer berserkers and divinity )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Don’t we get Weakness from one of the abilities as well?

NO
Scepter is not a dagger.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

in Necromancer

Dorn.5867

Forgive my terribad memory then. Carry on.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

Condition jewels (THE THING SOCKETED INSIDE THE AMULET) and Condition runes are an absolute waste in Spvp, you’re getting 14 dmg out of them. The amulet alone with no additional condition modifiers will give you 100 dmg ticks on bleeds. Freeing up Runes and Jewel will give u room to build tankier or more bursty

(i prefer berserkers and divinity )

I have to disagree. Assuming your math is correct, 14 damage on a 100 damage tick is still a 14% damage increase, nothing to sneeze at. The jewel is a much smaller factor than the amulet so no matter what stats you put it into, it’s going to be marginal. On top of that, if you look at the total damage dealt we get a bigger bang for our buck with condition damage given that the only real use for power with this build is DS form abilities, and realistically you can’t / shouldn’t stay in DS long enough to make that worthwhile.

For the armor runes, the main reason I take those is for the 6 pc bonus. Otherwise I would probably take something with condition duration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HamsterStud.7630

HamsterStud.7630

good vid, i am going to try those endurance runes.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

good vid, i am going to try those endurance runes.

Thanks! I am collecting footage for a WvW video now. I feel like necros are the most powerful class in WvW at the moment so it should be a good watch. I might just do music though since in WvW the action is more self explanatory.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

You don’t incorporate much death shroud abilities which I feel is a mistake in sPvP.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

I use the fear and life transfer as needed when I need to defend myself, I happened to not need to much in this vid I think. As for life blast because I focus on condition dmg it is not that powerful. However I probably still should use it more to finish people off, I could definitely improve in that area.

in Necromancer

Diamondsky.8536

FYI guys, only the sigils were nerfed, adventure runes still seem to work the same (thank god because adventure runes would be totally worthless at 25%) Also, the sigils were only nerfed in WvW and PvE, in sPvP they are the same. I’m really happy to see ANet balancing like this because it totally makes sense, we really need help in sPvP but in WvW we are more than fine so it makes sense to only nerf it for WvW.