Necro should be the best in-combat class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The class with the lowest mobility and team support should be the strongest in combat class.

A class with high mobility and evasion should not be nearly as strong in actual combat as a necromancer.

Necro needs to be the strongest in combat class because this should be balanced out by a lack of ability to disengage. A thief, mesmer or engineer should always struggle when going toe to toe with a necro because they have the ability to disengage whilst a necro does now.

Thoughts on how necro could be made the strongest in-combat class, as it should be based on logical balance. I suggest some sort of siphoning buff would be a good start.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As a ranger i disagree necro being “lowest in team support”.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

Healing Spring and the Spirits utilites beats the Necro in team support, it isn’t fantastic, but it sure better than the what the Necro brings to the table.

And on to the discussion at hand, from a theoretical balance perspective that is indeed one possible way to balance it. For everything you trade away you should get some benefit from it, that much is clear. Weather or not it should be THE strongest is up to debate.

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Compare ranger warhorn to necro, get back to us with your findings…

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Al Masone.1274

Al Masone.1274

I’d like the necro to have more survivability rather than damage. We have the tools to hurt a lot right now, either through power, condis, or both. We don’t have much burst damage, and that is fine too. What we need is to be able to live longer in order to deal all the damage we can. Kinda like warriors or guardians, we’d need something that allows us to shrug of damage more consistently
And ds <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< invincibility and perma aegis (they can deal with insane heavy damage, while ds can’t, even with high health and traits)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Well necros have a ton of problems right now. People think they do good burst because they have wells and chill of death, but their actual damage outside of that huge cd burst is way lower than other classes. Similarly, condition necro builds do poor damage, but can still kill people with condition transfers. Also, necros have ok sustain right now, the problem is the complete lack of active defence that basically gimps necro, as well as our lack of serious group support. Basically, we need weapon and utility buffs.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Necros have a lot of issues? Yes!
Necro is fun to play? Yes!
Necro requires more time and effort to be played? Yes!

You’ll eventually lose to high mobility classes at some point? Yes!

I think necros could get some defensive skills, like really defensives. Maybe some instand teleport 1200 range or some invulnerability skill at cost of something … idk SOMETHING!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

A quick list of the utility changes that I think necros should get.

Well of Power: pulse a stack of stab to all allies, Make it a light field
Spectral Armor: 3 stacks of stab.
Spectral Wall: Reflects projectiles or grants 3 stacks of stab.
Minions: reduce all cast times to 3/4 second.
Flesh Wurm: either 2400 range on the port or make it instant cast
Spectral Walk: make character immune to movement impair for the duration.
Well of Darkness: Half the cd, or replace with a chilling well.
Corrosive Poison Cloud: Destroys projectiles
Spectral Grasp: Grants 5 seconds of retal.

Give us a few of these, fix corruptions, fix our heals, and fix up the poor weapon skills and necros would be in a good spot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Give us a few of these, fix corruptions, fix our heals, and fix up the poor weapon skills and necros would be in a good spot.

i can agree with a lot of these changes but the problem is when it comes to necro being ‘fixed’ is it goes from being count chocula, to Alucard from Hellsing. They seem to either want to give us the biggest stick or the smallest stick, with no in between. The sad thing is, Reaper solves a lot of the defensive problems, but it shouldn’t. they should be fixed before Reaper is even an option.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

The class with the lowest mobility and team support should be the strongest in combat class.

A class with high mobility and evasion should not be nearly as strong in actual combat as a necromancer.

Necro needs to be the strongest in combat class because this should be balanced out by a lack of ability to disengage. A thief, mesmer or engineer should always struggle when going toe to toe with a necro because they have the ability to disengage whilst a necro does now.

Thoughts on how necro could be made the strongest in-combat class, as it should be based on logical balance. I suggest some sort of siphoning buff would be a good start.

You are forgetting tankiness. Necros are tanky and as such, even if they lack mobility, will be always be below the squishies in combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Al Masone.1274

Al Masone.1274

I’m gonna try and suggest something new for the class, just because
New necro only condition:
Rot (or call it what u want)
a percentage (10% or more) of the damage you take doesn’t affect you instantly, instead it makes you rot over X seconds. Deals 33% less damage while in death shroud
Counts as a condition for related traits and abilities
Nothing brand new, I don’t know if any of the other classes already have something like that, but in other games there is something like it.
could be implemented as a trait or as an ability effect. I’d prefer the second option. Well of power or well of darkness could apply it, as could poison cloud and plague signet

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

You are forgetting tankiness. Necros are tanky and as such, even if they lack mobility, will be always be below the squishies in combat.

There are a lot of really squishy necro builds that would be viable if necros had better active defense. Especially if they introduced sinister into pvp. Anet’s goal in this game was to make as many classes fill as many roles as possible. There isn’t really a good reason not to give some buffs to the limited mobility necros can get from shroud 2, walk, and wurm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

I’m gonna try and suggest something new for the class, just because
New necro only condition:
Rot (or call it what u want)
a percentage (10% or more) of the damage you take doesn’t affect you instantly, instead it makes you rot over X seconds. Deals 33% less damage while in death shroud
Counts as a condition for related traits and abilities
Nothing brand new, I don’t know if any of the other classes already have something like that, but in other games there is something like it.
could be implemented as a trait or as an ability effect. I’d prefer the second option. Well of power or well of darkness could apply it, as could poison cloud and plague signet

This wouldn’t be a condition… it would be a boon. Conditions do not have positive effects. Unless it takes 10% of the direct damage you take and apply it again over time, it wouldn’t be a condition.

As a class effect it could be implemented but they are already very anxious about making the class too tanky. Additionally, if this effect were a trait it would become a mandatory grandmaster, cutting down on build diversity.

It’s a decent idea, I just don’t think it would be implemented.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

These are all very very good suggestions, they would go a long way . I think the devs have in their mind that necros shouldn’t reflect/dodge/block anything, they should absorb everything with their deathshroud, thats why we don’t see anything for projectile defense but we have good access to the protection boon.

Necros are tanky and as such, even if they lack mobility, will always be below the squishies in combat.

No this is absolutely not true unless you trait for tankiness through deathshroud. The tankiness outside of ds is super low, ask thieves or evisc warriors

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

lets see
warhorn&trait, pet group buffs, spirits, healing spring>vampiric prescence, wells& trait, and other condi remove/transfers from party to self.