Necro with a greatsword?

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flyin Space Whale.2893

Flyin Space Whale.2893

Necromancer with a greatsword.

Think about it.

Please.

I would main a necro if they added a greatsword as a weapon option, not only for the looks but also for the new skills it would allow (not completely sure as to what kind though).

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Please. I need some slashy slashy cleave action going on.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m a fiend for greatswords. I own a high-carbon steel claymore along with a realistically weighted foam claymore. Nothing makes me happier than wielding a two-handed sword in games.

That being said, I’m not so sure they will add a GS to Necros, and I’m not so sure they should.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

I would be pleased with a greatsword, but i would much prefer a 2h axe. It has more of a necro theme to it.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

I think there are already too many greatswords in the game as is. Now what I would like to see is a off hand axe or a torch in either hand (or both). Just for some variety.
I could also see a necro with a mace and shield, but that’s a lot of weapon choices.

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Obligatory: “A-net has said they are working on getting all weapons to all classes”.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Trahearne did some pretty kitten Necro kitten while using a greatsword, just saying.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Necro with a lich themed skills?

Teef master race

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

There are other games where necros have or had great-swords.

Off the top of my head…
I remember the original Dragon Age had a necro that summoned undead skeletons, wielded a great-sword and had an Aoe pull that you had to fight.

How does one Char assert his power over another?

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

IMO Lich Form should’ve used a greatsword instead of being like Death from Castlevania 2.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Trahearne in this very game is a Necro with a greatsword, and despite how many people dislike him he’s arguably a stronger Necromancer than any players can make (he summoned like 10 Flesh Golems before… wtf man).

My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Trahearne in this very game is a Necro with a greatsword, and despite how many people dislike him he’s arguably a stronger Necromancer than any players can make (he summoned like 10 Flesh Golems before… wtf man).

that’s because he’s an actual necromancer.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

Maybe a mace fit more on necro, no? They can add a block. And a torch can be great too but i’m fine with the necro atm.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Rather see Hammer, its less used Warrior, Mesmer, Ele (Elite), Guardian and Ranger all have access to greatsword.

My idea for Hammer-
Hammer:

Hammer #1:
Chain 1: Damage your foe, 130range, 1/2second cast time. 2% Life Force

Chain 2: Damage foes in range, 130 Range, 1/2second cast time. 3% Life Force

Chain 3: Smash Ground, Create Well of Blood*, 6 Second Regen, 3stack Blood 6seconds 1.5second cast time. 5% Life Force

Basically a Mark of Blood that can trigger when you are on it.

Hammer #2: Furious Bash – Damage foes with a ground attack, Inflict Weakness(5seconds) on all in range, 180 Radius, 300 Range. Combo field: Blast. 3/4second cast. 9second cool down. Gain 3% Life Force for each foe inflicted with Weakness

Hammer #3: Necrotic Wave – Send out a wave towards your target that deals damage and inflicts Torment to all foes between you and your target, Further away the targets the more stacks of Torment they are inflicted with. 1second cast time, 20second cool down 1,200range Gain Life Force based on How far away foes are

<100Range = 1stack of Torment, 2seconds 5% Life Force
100 – 250Range = 2 Stacks of Torment 5seconds 4% Life Force
250-500Range = 3Stacks of Torment 8seconds 3% Life Force
500-1000Range = 5Stacks of Torment 10seconds 2% Life Force
1000-1200Range = 6stacks of Torment 15seconds 1% Life Force

Hammer #4: Steal boons and launch your foe depending on the number of boons stolen. 1second cast time, 30second cool down.

1-3 Boons = 500 Launch
4-6 Boons = 750 Launch
7-9 Boons = 1000 Launch

Hammer #5: Ring of Decay – Creates a ring around the Necromancer that foes cant enter, they get knock back and random condition every time they touch the ring of Decay. foes inside the ring cant not escape, touching the ring will result in damage and random conditions being applied. Necromancer steals boons from all inside every 1 second. 1second cast time, 10second duration, 60second cool down

Conditions: Bleeding, Poison, Torment, Chill

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I wish they had given Necro’s Greatswords instead of Mesmers… it makes so much more sense that way.

I like playing the “Reaper of Grenth” type character, and its a little silly using daggers and axes.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Yeah because all we need are yet MORE GS’s in the game…..please NO !
Hammer, maybe. Scythe would be preferred if they did the skills on it right. But for gods sakes…no more GS!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Stx.4857

I think the number of GS users in the game has to do with aesthetics mostly. GS’s are just cool.

A GS makes much more sense for a Necro than a hammer… Reaper Smash!!! Hoooo!

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

We need polearms and scythes!!

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Stx.4857

We need polearms and scythes!!

A melee scythe with cleave auto attack would be the coolest weapon I could imagine for Necro’s!

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

There has been a thread about this alrdy. but yea since chiroptophobia greatsword came out i would love to hav bats flyign around me as a necro plz! im all for it. i dont really care that greatsword is overused by warriors and mesmers. i want nec to hav it anyway >.<

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Lots of people use GS on basically every class because they are fun. Its really cool to see your character swinging a gigantic sword around (why do you think Anime has a fetish for swords larger than the person’s body), unlike daggers.

I wouldn’t mind if they added Scythes, or proper polearms, but that is far into the future. The first thing they will do is open existing weapons to classes, and GS not only already exist, but have the most extensive and awesome assortment of skins.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogii.6958

Ogii.6958

Here’s an idea:

Give us torch offhand and move Dhuumfire to #4 or 5 skill.

Then give us something tasty in place of Dhuumfire…and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELVES!

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d really prefer that our Torch actually not burn, and instead be an AoE control/chill/denial option.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogii.6958

Ogii.6958

I’d really prefer that our Torch actually not burn, and instead be an AoE control/chill/denial option.

It wouldn’t be much of a torch then…

What sort of AoE control would make sense for it to have that isn’t fear, blind, or chill? Stun perhaps?

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We’re Necromancers, despite Dhuumfire, burning is the complete opposite of our nature. A torch that was the exact opposite of what it “should” be, instead dealing chill, would be very Necro-y.

There have been a lot of ideas, I forget what exactly they were. My personal idea was that the #4 ability would summon a Will o the Wisp minion, the #5 would throw an ice field out, and generating a ground-based effect that chilled and punished people the longer they stayed in it, up to when it expired.

Will o the Wisp is a melee minion, every X attacks it chills the target (like Bone Fiend does with cripple). Its active kills it, pulling everyone in a radius towards it, more chill/pull the closer they are. I’d love to see a blast finisher on this skill, to give us SOME kind of blast finisher on a weapon skill.

The #5 skill drops a well-sized Ice field. Its effects start off somewhat weak, but scale up to be fairly harsh at the end.

We really want more chill as a Necro. There are ways to get it, but opening up defensive options for more builds would make a lot of sense.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

greatsword. want. yes.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Malchior.1928

It wouldn’t be much of a torch then…

What sort of AoE control would make sense for it to have that isn’t fear, blind, or chill? Stun perhaps?

I’m with Bhawb—
although instead of a frost field, I’d appreciate a smoke field that applies chill if we were to get torch.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

I would rather a Bow. (Personal preference)

I doubt ANet would add a Bow for Necro compared to a GreatSword though

(edited by Archaeopteryx.7409)

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

I would rather a Bow.

uh.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I don’t think we’ll see new weapons anytime soon.

We’ll probably see an additional weapon slot option for existing weapons. For example:

Scepter: Blood Curse, Grasping Dead and your choice of:

• Feast of Corruption
  • NEW_SCEPTER3

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would rather have something less used like the Hammer, thats on 2 classes right now. They could easily make it work, Look at Mesmer with the Greatsword. Have as a full on defensive melee weapon.

With Boon stealing and a version of the Guardian circle skill so that we can lock people inside it, punishing them with conditions and damage when they touch the edges and same for enemies that try to go through it.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Said it countless times but greatsword or sword would make me so very happy. Aslong as they dont ruin the cleave dps.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Oh gawd.. this again.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Anyways. I would be for a GS on necro. I think we need another 2h weapon period. No more offhands or 1h weapons pls. And x2 axes? Like some kinda zerker necro? XD Interesting but no thanks.

A GS or a hammer would be awesome. I made a concept a while ago for a hammer.

I would just like a 2h weapon other than staff. :S Just for the option

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a great sword, but I would love to have a proper 2h power weapon that can aoe. I feel like I’ve lost a fight if I ever have to use the staff in it.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

I still think the Twilight would good in Necromancer or they can give us Twin Swords to that would be good but I really can’t see a Necromancer with a bow

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Malchior.1928

inb4 Anet says Necromancers wielding Twilight would be ‘overpowered’ and hands us some more staff nerfs.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Nope. Just nope. That’s not a necromancer style weapon at all. A bow would be for more like it, since necro is clearly shaman/witch doctor themed, and poison arrows etc stuff would match him far more:)

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Nope. Just nope. That’s not a necromancer style weapon at all. A bow would be for more like it, since necro is clearly shaman/witch doctor themed, and poison arrows etc stuff would match him far more:)

Mmmm, Longbow, that could be quite interesting.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I think hammer is possible. In the fractal dungeon where you use the hammer to explode the giant man, the first boss uses a hammer and uses super cool looking skills to throw down wells. Seems like it could be implemented.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Mmmm, Longbow, that could be quite interesting.

if bow was a necro thing, thief wouldn’t have exactly what you’re describing. you can’t reap souls with a bow.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

if bow was a necro thing, thief wouldn’t have exactly what you’re describing. you can’t reap souls with a bow.

It could work, look at Greastsword and Mesmer. That is a great way to uniquely use a weapon. So i think if done right and gets enough attention and just slackly skills it could be done and it could be done well.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

It could work, look at Greastsword and Mesmer. That is a great way to uniquely use a weapon. So i think if done right and gets enough attention and just slackly skills it could be done and it could be done well.

greatsword fits mesmer only because of the way they use it. bow on necro will be fired the same way it’s fired on ranger and warrior. greatsword on necro will work the way it works on guardian most likely. we need a ranged power weapon, however i don’t feel any current 1000+ ranged power weapons work on necromancer.(unless that’s how anet decides to give us a greatsword)

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

greatsword fits mesmer only because of the way they use it. bow on necro will be fired the same way it’s fired on ranger and warrior. greatsword on necro will work the way it works on guardian most likely. we need a ranged power weapon, however i don’t feel any current 1000+ ranged power weapons work on necromancer.(unless that’s how anet decides to give us a greatsword)

No way would we or should we get Greatsword as a ranged weapon, that is Mesmer deal thats what they get dont think we should be getting the same treatment. They could do something similar with Hammer though but it MUST not be anywhere near like the soul draining boredom that is Staff mark spamming.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Bow, just like any other weapon, can be “made” to fit our theme just fine. Its actually not that hard to make every weapon fit the spellcaster classes, because they can use magical effects that would otherwise seem strange.

For a bow, you could do things like shooting an arrow with a spectral connection, that binds the target to you, and then channels, each pulse transfering conditions to them. Shoot a spectral “bomb” that corrupts an area of the ground, chilling and draining LF from everyone inside (ice field).

The only thing they need to do to make a weapon feel really good is:
1) Make the weapon “fit” in some way. For casters, all it needs to do is be used as a “source” of the magic, like a ritual tool, and it feels okay: look at dagger OH.
2) Give some kind of consistent theme
3) Make the skills cool

I guarantee even if they gave us a flower as a weapon, if they did it right it would make an awesome weapon.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Bow, just like any other weapon, can be “made” to fit our theme just fine. Its actually not that hard to make every weapon fit the spellcaster classes, because they can use magical effects that would otherwise seem strange.

For a bow, you could do things like shooting an arrow with a spectral connection, that binds the target to you, and then channels, each pulse transfering conditions to them. Shoot a spectral “bomb” that corrupts an area of the ground, chilling and draining LF from everyone inside (ice field).

The only thing they need to do to make a weapon feel really good is:
1) Make the weapon “fit” in some way. For casters, all it needs to do is be used as a “source” of the magic, like a ritual tool, and it feels okay: look at dagger OH.
2) Give some kind of consistent theme
3) Make the skills cool

I guarantee even if they gave us a flower as a weapon, if they did it right it would make an awesome weapon.

fine, whatever. just no more ranged condition weapons.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

They could do something similar with Hammer though but it MUST not be anywhere near like the soul draining boredom that is Staff mark spamming.

If you spam Staff marks, you’re either:

1. In a mindless scenario, like a 1200-range nuker in a ZvZ that isn’t a powermancer well spec.

2. Using the staff completely wrong.

There was a period of time where I would cycle through Staff marks because it was a very simple process that would seemingly provide results. Except it’s insanely dumb to do in any real situation. Once I realized Putrid Mark was basically Plague Signet on a lower cooldown, I re-trained myself to not use it on a cycle. I also trained myself to not just throw a fear circle out like everyone I’m fighting is a wild noob.

Many Necros cycle through staff. It appears to work. It’s also really dumb if you stop and think about it.

Don’t blame the Staves for bad play. Blame players.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its still a boring weapon. Theres no other weapon in the game which has 4 slightly different versions of the same skill and a crap auto attack. Really amazing and engaging design!

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Rifle that shoots flesh golems please

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

ANET, PLZ. PLZZZZ. I NEEDS IT.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Necro with a greatsword?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

well I think all classes will get all weapons someday I still want a 2h melee power weapon that cleaves. Maybe then they could fiddle with dagger a bit and give it more life siphonm that way you choose between aoe and sustainability for melee.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!