Necromancer 1v1

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: davidhoughton.2104

davidhoughton.2104

I have a guild 1v1 tournament coming up and I’m finding it difficult to find a build that would suit 1v1’s. Is there a decent 1v1 build for necromancer’s?

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

NO , there is not standard 1on1 build.
It depend vs who you are playing (class) and what build are they using.
I would recommend some hybrite build, but I never tested it agains bunker Ranger.

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I play a spectral build at yhe moment which is high burst and good survivability if played right.

20/20/0/0/30

very fun to play and the very few 1v1’s ive had with this build it performed brilliantly. I use a/f and d/wh.

knights armor with ruby orbs and everything else is zerk.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I play a spectral build at yhe moment which is high burst and good survivability if played right.

20/20/0/0/30

very fun to play and the very few 1v1’s ive had with this build it performed brilliantly. I use a/f and d/wh.

knights armor with ruby orbs and everything else is zerk.

Hmm and what about kiting class? wouldn’t you have issue with Mesmer/Ranger and DD Elem?

I have never been a fan of going full glass cannon in duel with necro. We just lack the dodge to counter some burst like thief and mesmer.

For 1on1, both 30/0/10/30/0 and 0/0/10/30/30 worked good for me. Blood trait with vampirism rune and leeching sigil aren’t bad at all for substained healing. You also still have good damage.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

like I said I have had few 1v1’s on this spec as theres SOO MANY ZERGS! though I did have a good 30second 2v1 against a thief and d/d ele (went surprisingly well untill there zerg arrived almost had the ele down) and im sure theres easier 1v1 builds but I like the burst. air sigils on axe and dagger means every 5-10 ls I get another 1k dmg. always nice.

I want to try a 0/0/10/30/30 spec but can see myself not liking the dmg and also lime the idea of 0/0/20/20/30 but not looked too much into it.

im sure more defensive gear with my build would be VERY powerful. maybe a mix of pvt and knights? I have full LF every 10s after empty due to weapon skills and utilities and traits. mix constant high LF with high toughness and vit and uve got a very sustainable build. but I like big numbers.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

(edited by Bull Zooker.1672)

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

0/30/10/10/20. Take terror, extend fear duration by traits/runes of necro/food. Laugh at them trying to survive long enough. Just wait for nice corrupt boons with D/D elems ( time they switch out of water with 9999 boons up+stability→corrupt boon→stomp), use epidemic vs. any class spawning minions/clones/pets( wave at rangers, transfering all bleedings to their pet and epidemic them all to owner). Only class which can give you problems are HGH engineers, but just try to avoid elite supply and you should be ok. Confirmed

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

How does that work? Do you join a random pvp server or is going to be in wvw?
Are you allowed to fill up your life force bar somehow before the duel?
Is the fight over if someone goes down or dies?
Are you allowed to go into Lich right away with berzerker gear? Because that would be op if the other person can’t run away from you.
So if that is not allowed you should go with a power and death shroud heavy build or with a condition build incorporating terror.

Btw this would be the perfect opportunity to use Signet of Spite: usually with a condition build you would run Epidemic, but in a 1v1 that will obviously be useless. Also if you know that you are going to fight just one person then the long cooldown doesn’t matter, but the one time it is used it hits about as hard as a really devastating Corrupt Boon.

Necromancer 1v1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So it depends on who you expect to be going up against, if you know their class before hand, if you can switch builds, and where it takes place.

Why do I say that? Because I’d suggest a soldier MM build for 90% of your fights as long as you are in sPvP. They bug out a lot less there, and also there is a good chance you’ll be fighting on flat surface (which helps). The problem is, of course, that chances are mesmers are going to use shatter builds, and that is a hard fight to win.

Other than MM, vitality/DS bunkers with spectral skills (to generate LF), WoS to burst, 50% CD on DS and some abilities to go with it (fury, ret, cond removal) is strong, or also terror. It just depends on what you are comfortable playing, but all three of those are very strong 1v1 builds, and the other 2 give you options that are probably a bit more reliable all around (if a bit weaker).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build