Necromancer Bug Compilation Mk II

in Necromancer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But a thieves steal on a necromancers fear is longer then a necromancer fear. Shouldnt it also be half a second?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But a thieves steal on a necromancers fear is longer then a necromancer fear. Shouldnt it also be half a second?

… No?

The thief steal creates a skill depending on the target. Information about the one corresponding to necromancers can be found here.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alex.7364

alex.7364

Is anyone else getting the focus “out-of-range” thing with focus abilities? I haven’t really noticed this, but most of my sPvP experience is in Heart of the Mists rather than actual matches.

@alex: I’d love to see the video! Although, minions having a delay isn’t that surprising to me. I think minions require a few attacks to land from the necro before they ‘lock on’ to a target, to prevent them from randomly chasing after anything hit by a stray attack. My guess is that in the circumstances you’ve outlined, you’re having trouble landing those first few attacks, leading to the minions not engaging on your target.

1ST i use dark pact(imobalize) i get up and close start hitting like crazy the skill ends we start the dance of DEATH and the pets enjoy the show for a while then after there nap they wave at the enemy and after tea they start atacking…

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Is anyone else getting the focus “out-of-range” thing with focus abilities? I haven’t really noticed this, but most of my sPvP experience is in Heart of the Mists rather than actual matches.

@alex: I’d love to see the video! Although, minions having a delay isn’t that surprising to me. I think minions require a few attacks to land from the necro before they ‘lock on’ to a target, to prevent them from randomly chasing after anything hit by a stray attack. My guess is that in the circumstances you’ve outlined, you’re having trouble landing those first few attacks, leading to the minions not engaging on your target.

1ST i use dark pact(imobalize) i get up and close start hitting like crazy the skill ends we start the dance of DEATH and the pets enjoy the show for a while then after there nap they wave at the enemy and after tea they start atacking…

Should have bolded this:

@alex: I’d love to see the video!

Because quite frankly? That’s what I want here: a video that I can actually pick apart and analyze. Textual re-enactments don’t do well when it comes to minion issues.

Issues with minions are fairly widely reported, but tend fall into one of two categories: AI issues that affect all NPCs, or bugs that to be difficult to reproduce 100% accurately.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but some information I just found in regards to the Spiteful Talisman bug. When you hit the focus 5 ability(Spinal Shivers) and move the mouse over to focus 4 ability(Reaper’s Touch) as the cd of #5 is counting down from seconds 16-9 the range of #4 shows the shorter 900 range but after that from second 0-9, it shows the 1200 range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schwarzoid.2546

Schwarzoid.2546

Flesh Wurm: Necrotic Traversal

The Teleport function is very inconsistent. To explain I use this ability quite frequently as an escape for my necromancer in PvP.

Necrotic reversal can teleport your through floors of bridges and up onto certain ramps, but there are times where you set the wurm onto a simple ledge and all you do is teleport to the ground near the spot of its summoning.

I can post a video to highlight these inconsistencies if required.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

the way you teleport is literally just based on ‘can you get there without jumping in x distance’. If you can, such as walking around up onto the bridge, then you can shadow step up there and all that jazz, if you can’t get there at all without jumping/falling, then no luck.

in Necromancer

Schwarzoid.2546

the way you teleport is literally just based on ‘can you get there without jumping in x distance’. If you can, such as walking around up onto the bridge, then you can shadow step up there and all that jazz, if you can’t get there at all without jumping/falling, then no luck.

This isn’t what I am talking about.

You can do this with the ramps and bridges on the Siege of Kyhlo you can teleport to up ontop of the ramp that wraps around the clock tower and also onto the side ramps near both mansion and farm. Also in the clock tower when a wall is destroyed, you can teleport up onto the destroyed/outside section, which is both much higher then you.

Teleporting will also work in Legacy of Foe Fire in the Graveyard. You can both teleport up to the small ramps and the tall ramps (the ones which lead towards Waterfall and Quarry)

Where teleporting does not work is places like Forest of Nihfel at the keep. You cannot teleport up onto the two ledges that sit near the point. HOWEVER, you can teleport up to the keep from ground level near the road pathing that wraps around the sides.

In temple of the silent storm you can teleport up onto bridges which lie directly over head, but you cannot do the same thing in spirit watch.

It is bugged. Its not some ‘jumping and falling’ mechanic.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

My current working theory with Flesh Wurm is that you need to be within 1200 geometric units of the wurm, as well as within a pathable distance that’s much greater, maybe near 4000 or so? If it will result in you being closer to the wurm, you can actually travel a path that involves you ‘shadowstepping’ away from the wurm initially. However, you can still end up teleporting to the bottom of the cliff your wurm is on top of if you’re too far. I think this is because if you followed the ‘path’ that would result in you getting to the wurm, you’d end up further away from it before you ran out of the hidden distance value than if you just teleported directly to the barrier nearest to it.

I don’t know if that comes across clearly, but that’s my guess so far.

Edit: Here’s the deal with Forest of Nihfel at the keep – the distance there to go from the keep capture area to the upper ledges by walking? Is gigantic. I’m very certain it’s out of range for the hidden shadowstep pathing distance of necrotic traversal.

Edit 2: I didn’t post these sooner, :x but regarding some earlier stuff:
Mark of Evasion triggering out of combat might be a bug, or it could be working as intended. That it doesn’t specify (Only works in combat) makes me a bit reluctant as I prefer listing explicit bugs rather than “That works in a weird way”. For contrast I’m adding the flesh wurm / necrotic traversal bit just because the range indicator for it lies to you, and it would be really nice if it didn’t. But I’m not going to call the actual teleport / shadowstep bugged, yet.
I can’t see the effect described re: spinal shiver’s and reaper’s touches recharges & tooltips being related with Spiteful Talisman. What I did just notice is that the tooltip refreshes to the correct, empowered version every time you leave combat. Maybe it’s like the opposite of the dodge roll traits: it only works out of combat, not during it. :P

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Schwarzoid.2546

My current working theory with Flesh Wurm is that you need to be within 1200 geometric units of the wurm, as well as within a pathable distance that’s much greater, maybe near 4000 or so? If it will result in you being closer to the wurm, you can actually travel a path that involves you ‘shadowstepping’ away from the wurm initially. However, you can still end up teleporting to the bottom of the cliff your wurm is on top of if you’re too far. I think this is because if you followed the ‘path’ that would result in you getting to the wurm, you’d end up further away from it before you ran out of the hidden distance value than if you just teleported directly to the barrier nearest to it.

I don’t know if that comes across clearly, but that’s my guess so far.

Edit: Here’s the deal with Forest of Nihfel at the keep – the distance there to go from the keep capture area to the upper ledges by walking? Is gigantic. I’m very certain it’s out of range for the hidden shadowstep pathing distance of necrotic traversal.

Edit 2: I didn’t post these sooner, :x but regarding some earlier stuff:
Mark of Evasion triggering out of combat might be a bug, or it could be working as intended. That it doesn’t specify (Only works in combat) makes me a bit reluctant as I prefer listing explicit bugs rather than “That works in a weird way”. For contrast I’m adding the flesh wurm / necrotic traversal bit just because the range indicator for it lies to you, and it would be really nice if it didn’t. But I’m not going to call the actual teleport / shadowstep bugged, yet.
I can’t see the effect described re: spinal shiver’s and reaper’s touches recharges & tooltips being related with Spiteful Talisman. What I did just notice is that the tooltip refreshes to the correct, empowered version every time you leave combat. Maybe it’s like the opposite of the dodge roll traits: it only works out of combat, not during it. :P

This makes more sense, I was wondering if they had some sort of pathing script in it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lowfreq.3674

lowfreq.3674

spectral grasp sometimes says obstructed or out of range when its not.

corrupt boon does nothing sometime.

please fix this

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

Lich Form skill 1 does not start out on auto-attack. You have to turn it on yourself. Every. Single. Time.

I would really love to see this change. I thought this was listed as a bug on the old thread; did it get dropped by accident or is it somehow considered not a bug any more?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Lich Form skill 1 does not start out on auto-attack. You have to turn it on yourself. Every. Single. Time.

I would really love to see this change. I thought this was listed as a bug on the old thread; did it get dropped by accident or is it somehow considered not a bug any more?

It probably got dropped by accident. Re-adding it now, since I know exactly what you’re talking about.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gaertan.4512

Gaertan.4512

Signet passives stop affecting you as soon as you enter Death Shroud(with an unused signet slotted)

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Signet passives stop affecting you as soon as you enter Death Shroud(with an unused signet slotted)

Consistent with other transforms. [shrug]

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Consistent with other transforms. [shrug]

And also the reason (read: BS excuse) we can no longer weapon swap in Death Shroud. At first an unintended change, now looks like we’ll have to deal with this staying as it is. Yay ArenaNet.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Focus skill4 cooldown bug when have “II spiteful tailmans.” 20%CD on focus.

Skill4 have18sec CD from no traits.

BUT

Skill4 with traits still 18sec.(Tooltip said14sec.)

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Good work :-) What Mk II means?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Focus skill4 cooldown bug when have “II spiteful tailmans.” 20%CD on focus.

Skill4 have18sec CD from no traits.

BUT

Skill4 with traits still 18sec.(Tooltip said14sec.)

Yep. Already noted. (Trait bug > Spite > Spiteful Talisman)

Good work :-) What Mk II means?

Fancy seeing you here! It just means “Mark 2”, as in a second version of the original.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

There is a bug with Plague. If you get downed while in Plague form, your #2 downed state skill, Fear, immediately gets on cooldown – even if you didn’t fear anyone in the last few minutes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Why are these not fixed yet?

I’m frankly astonished that this game is such a horrifically bug-ridden mess 8 months after release. Would really like to see what the anet staff does with their time, because they evidently haven’t been producing any worthwhile new features or content and they haven’t fixed many of the major issues with things not working the way they are supposed to.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

There is a bug with Plague. If you get downed while in Plague form, your #2 downed state skill, Fear, immediately gets on cooldown – even if you didn’t fear anyone in the last few minutes.

Hmm… I can’t get this to reproduce in PvE or against sparring NPCs in the heart of the mists. Are you sure you weren’t just hitting 2 right as your opponent knocked you into downed? You can use downed skills before the UI for it comes up, so it’s possible you started casting Fear while trying to use Plague of Darkness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

It could be, although I don’t recall any of my opponents getting feared… I’ll try to test it as soon as I can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Softspoken.2410 thank you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

There seems to be some weird interaction with transformation skills (i.e. Plague Form) and weapon swap sigils. Exiting transformation skills triggers weapon swap sigils, but sometimes it bugs them out so that they no longer work at all until you load into a new map or you de-equip and re-equip your weapons.

The key word there is “sometimes.” Testing on the dummies in the mists I cannot seem to reproduce the bug, but it happens quite often during the course of actual game play. The reason I believe it has something to do with Plague Form (and more specifically, transformation skills) is that I have no issues with my sigils of geomancy not working when I run Flesh Golem.

I only sPvP however, I do not know if this is an issue in PvE/WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

when i am immobilized and try to pop putrid mark immediately, the skill will highlight but not trigger. is this happening to anyone else? also my death shroud fear is missing, so im guessing this attack behaves as a projectile? would be nice if it didnt as i often rely on that to get some pressure off me.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

There seems to be some weird interaction with transformation skills (i.e. Plague Form) and weapon swap sigils. Exiting transformation skills triggers weapon swap sigils, but sometimes it bugs them out so that they no longer work at all until you load into a new map or you de-equip and re-equip your weapons.

The key word there is “sometimes.” Testing on the dummies in the mists I cannot seem to reproduce the bug, but it happens quite often during the course of actual game play. The reason I believe it has something to do with Plague Form (and more specifically, transformation skills) is that I have no issues with my sigils of geomancy not working when I run Flesh Golem.

… Okay. Someone else mentioned something very similar to this before, and at the time I dismissed it as a conflict with their bleed on crit sigil. So first of all: what other sigils are you using in your weapons? Because if you’re getting the issue without other sigil interference, then we’re on to something.

when i am immobilized and try to pop putrid mark immediately, the skill will highlight but not trigger. is this happening to anyone else? also my death shroud fear is missing, so im guessing this attack behaves as a projectile? would be nice if it didnt as i often rely on that to get some pressure off me.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘highlight’ but not trigger. As in you get the targeting reticule but putrid mark won’t allow itself to be placed?

I think you may get a ‘Miss’ message if you try and Fear a target that’s in an evasion frame (dodging, Mesmer Distortion, certain attacks) besides the usual blind / no target selected stuff. Otherwise though, I thought it acted like a projectile in the same way scepter auto attacks did.

in Necromancer

Skyro.3108

… Okay. Someone else mentioned something very similar to this before, and at the time I dismissed it as a conflict with their bleed on crit sigil. So first of all: what other sigils are you using in your weapons? Because if you’re getting the issue without other sigil interference, then we’re on to something.

I’m using sigils of geomancy on both weapon sets, with a minor corruption on my offhand. There is no sigil interference. Trust me, it is a bug with the transformations because I have absolutely no issues when I run Flesh Golem instead of Plague, using the exact same equipment/trait setup.

I think if they make swapping in/out of transformations not trigger/interact with weapon swap sigils at all that would fix whatever weird coding issue is causing this.

(edited by Skyro.3108)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Danama.1462

Danama.1462

Bug: Flesh golem dies when the player enters the water.

I know the skill reads terrestrial only but it is a completely unnecessary annoyance that deters me from crossing rivers to chase people in WvW. It used to work under water in BWE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

please fix this

The problems with spectral grab are related to all projectiles in the game.

Corrupt boon has been fixed for a while. You need to have vision on your target, be in range of it and face towards it in order for it to work. Take note that if your target dodges or uses an evading skill or you have blind on you, corrupt boon is ment to fail as it is only ‘unblockable’.

in Necromancer

Skyro.3108

please fix this

The problems with spectral grab are related to all projectiles in the game.

Corrupt boon has been fixed for a while. You need to have vision on your target, be in range of it and face towards it in order for it to work. Take note that if your target dodges or uses an evading skill or you have blind on you, corrupt boon is ment to fail as it is only ‘unblockable’.

I recently learned via another thread on these forums that Corrupt Boon no longer requires you to face your target. I tested it yesterday and indeed this is true. I assume this was changed in the April patch when they made it unblockable.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I’m using sigils of geomancy on both weapon sets, with a minor corruption on my offhand. There is no sigil interference. Trust me, it is a bug with the transformations because I have absolutely no issues when I run Flesh Golem instead of Plague, using the exact same equipment/trait setup.

I think if they make swapping in/out of transformations not trigger/interact with weapon swap sigils at all that would fix whatever weird coding issue is causing this.

Alright, I’ve added something about it. My apologies to MarcusGood, whom I sort of brushed aside when they brought it up the first time.

Bug: Flesh golem dies when the player enters the water.

I know the skill reads terrestrial only but it is a completely unnecessary annoyance that deters me from crossing rivers to chase people in WvW. It used to work under water in BWE.

I’ve added a bug about this. To be consistent with other minions, Flesh Golem shouldn’t die until a Necromancer goes underwater and procs the underwater combat mode. As it is, the golem will drown upon entering water deep enough to trigger swimming mode, and is actually capable of drowning itself without the Necromancer ever swimming themselves. There seems to be a short grace period (3 or 4 seconds) before it expires, but other minions can swim indefinitely.

Obviously using the golem underwater is a different story, but I agree that it should be able to cross water if the Necromancer is careful. Although crossing a river to escape a Necromancer does sort of fit the vampire thing…

In other news, I played around with Signet of the Locust, Life Siphon & Bloodthirst some more, for formality’s sake. I don’t know the whole story there, but something is screwed up with Signet of the Locust. For the record, it’s screwed up in the Necro’s favour, generally, (woo power scaling! But the heal scaling seems a bit subpar?) but it’s still acting weird.

As for Life Siphon + Bloodthirst, its heal is short about 5 health per pulse of what it should be after the 50% bonus. The scaling seems to work correctly though.

I pruned the list a little. One I hesitated to remove, but ultimately did, was:

• Spectral Wall will not apply protection to allies who already have protection from any source. (28 Mar, 2013)

Since this is actually a fairly common limitation in various skills. If I’m not mistaken, Temporal Curtain, Symbol of Swiftness and Veil also will not stack with allies already under the benefits they provide. So while I really don’t like this behavior, it is possibly an intentional limitation, or a system limitation to prevent people from getting the same full duration buff from the AoE multiple times, and is also not profession-specific to the Necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

For weapon swaps, transforms count as weapons, just like bundles do (lich is a staff, plague is a one handed sword, they even help the weapon master chivs), so yes it will proc weapon swap sigils and if you interrupt the sigil effect it will count your elite cooldown as your sigil cooldown (since sigils place the internal cooldown on the weapon skill side), same reason why Mad king runes have like a 33% chance of not proccing with lich (it hase pre cast time and plague has aftercast unlike lich just having a funny chest puff demon cloud animation when it runs out).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Is it intended that Signet of Locust disables while in death shroud? Causing moving slow in shroud bothers me when I’m using signet if locust. The 15% movement trait while in DS is terrible and not worth picking up.

Also golem even though given stability during charge. If it is cc’d while you give the command it doesn’t queue up the skill and attempts to do the ability ‘while in the cc’ and it won’t charge.

Minions ‘thank god’ don’t desummon while in shroud so why should Signet of Power/Signet of Locust not have their effect. I’m not sure if the other signets work in shroud either.

Since minions are utilities and are permanent effects until killed, wouldnt it make sense for signets to be working in shroud as well?

(edited by Berullos.6928)

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Is it intended that Signet of Locust disables while in death shroud? Causing moving slow in shroud bothers me when I’m using signet if locust. The 15% movement trait while in DS is terrible and not worth picking up.

Also golem even though given stability during charge. If it is cc’d while you give the command it doesn’t queue up the skill and attempts to do the ability ‘while in the cc’ and it won’t charge.

Minions ‘thank god’ don’t desummon while in shroud so why should Signet of Power/Signet of Locust not have their effect. I’m not sure if the other signets work in shroud either.

Since minions are utilities and are permanent effects until killed, wouldnt it make sense for signets to be working in shroud as well?

The other signets also lose their passives. I’m guessing this is intentional since DS is being classified as a transformation, and others like Lich Form and Plague also make you lose passive effects. Those ones explicitly mention that they desummon minions, so minions staying up during Death Shroud doesn’t quite break the rule.

I’ll add a note about this since I could very well be wrong with this reasoning.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by the Golem charge. Does it go on full recharge if you activate it while the Golem is CC’d, or just not activate at all? Because giving stability isn’t a stun break, so it shouldn’t be able to escape control effects with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

The charge goes on full recharge, if you give the command while they’re ccd.

I’d have to look into the other signets of other classes if they disappear during transformations to see if its consistent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IrishFreak.8047

IrishFreak.8047

with one of the latest patches, i believe it was supposed to reduce the lag in casting when in a large group… but within the past couple of days, i have found it nearly impossible to get my (staff) casts off… they take too long and most of the time cancel them selves for my auto attack… so i have to sit and wait for each attack to go before clicking another (which i didnt have to before because it was smoother).

issue number 2, and i dont know if it was intended or not but when my minions get pulled back on an enemy or get stuck on surrounding items, my speed is dramaticly reduced. I use signet of the locust and have also used spectrual walk and even though it shows that i should have great quickness… if my minions are not right next to me then im slower than i would be without any boost at all. anyone else have this problem?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

New bug I found with Dark Armor. It does NOT activate Deadly Strength!

When you activate DS #4 skill for example, your toughness goes up, but your power level stays the same. When it increases toughness though, it is supposed to increase your power as well. It doesn’t.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

This list is going to need a lot of revising today, but here is one bug that remains: Deathly Swarm still only cures one condition for each target it hits. It will copy three conditions onto the first target it hits, but it will only cleanse one. This goes against the description: “Transfer three conditions to your target on a successful attack.”

in Necromancer

Unpredictability.4086

This list is going to need a lot of revising today, but here is one bug that remains: Deathly Swarm still only cures one condition for each target it hits. It will copy three conditions onto the first target it hits, but it will only cleanse one. This goes against the description: “Transfer three conditions to your target on a successful attack.”

You could probably take over if you wanted. This bug posting seems to go through cycles. One person starts it, is enthusiastic, keeps it updated for a while, then that dies down and the topic dies… another person takes over and is enthusiastic, etc. It’s just a cycle. If somebody else wanted to officially take over, I bet they could in an instant.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

You could probably take over if you wanted. This bug posting seems to go through cycles. One person starts it, is enthusiastic, keeps it updated for a while, then that dies down and the topic dies… another person takes over and is enthusiastic, etc. It’s just a cycle. If somebody else wanted to officially take over, I bet they could in an instant.

Or you could give me a day or two. I’ve largely been waiting for this patch to do another run through the list because of rumours it was going to have more substantial bug fixes. As it is I won’t be able to start that until tonight or possibly tomorrow, but I’m still around. I appreciate the enthusiasm(?) but don’t count me out just yet.

@Lopez: Deathly Swarm’s behavior is inconsistent between PvE and PvP, which is already noted in the bug list. I’ll look at it again, but as I recall in PvE you need three targets and they each get one of your conditions, while in PvP it spreads the same three conditions to all three targets.

When you activate DS #4 skill for example, your toughness goes up, but your power level stays the same. When it increases toughness though, it is supposed to increase your power as well. It doesn’t.

Percentage stat boost skills that draw from other stats (5% of X stat is used as Y stat, etc) work in respect to your base + gear stat values, not temporary bonuses from traits or boons.

Edit: Heh. That used to be on the bug list, actually. It isn’t anymore.

in Necromancer

Unpredictability.4086

Or you could give me a day or two. I’ve largely been waiting for this patch to do another run through the list because of rumours it was going to have more substantial bug fixes. As it is I won’t be able to start that until tonight or possibly tomorrow, but I’m still around. I appreciate the enthusiasm(?) but don’t count me out just yet.

I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just noticed when I posted above, the forum thought I was bumping a dead topic, since it was 7 days since the last activity. Plus, it’s kinda natural for people to lose interest and then pass the torch, that’s all. Thought that was the case.

Percentage stat boost skills that draw from other stats (5% of X stat is used as Y stat, etc) work in respect to your base + gear stat values, not temporary bonuses from traits or boons.

Edit: Heh. That used to be on the bug list, actually. It isn’t anymore.[/quote]
That’s kind of lame if you ask me. I consider it a bug.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Alright, I went through most of the list. Some of the bugs (Lich 5 ripping Aegis?) are pretty difficult for me to test solo, so I’ll have to get to them later.

Something interesting I found was that they have been messing around with Reaper’s Touch. It now bounces towards minions intentionally, something I know it didn’t do before.

Also, I removed

• Deathly Swarm: inconsistent behavior between PvE and PvP (Heart of the Mists). In PvP it transfers a copy of the 3 conditions to each enemy hit (Conditions are still cured from the caster), in PvE it transfers the conditions one at a time, one to each target. (21 Jan, 2013)

Since it’s not quite like that on either mode. (I probably wasn’t paying close enough attention at the time.) Hilariously, the wiki has had its behavior noted correctly since November, but nobody corrected me on this. Tanpopo, whoever you are, your testing is appreciated. (LATE EDIT: Also a thank you to Lopez who brought the topic up in the first place, and was exactly correct in their description.) In both modes, deathly swarm:

• Hits 4 targets if available (can bounce between targets it has already hit, but prefers new targets)
  • Copies three conditions the necromancer has and applies them to each target hit
  • Cures a condition from the necromancer for each target hit.

I re-listed that as a bug, just under the rule that the tooltip doesn’t really imply the (consistent) behavior, but the severity of the bug has definitely dropped for me.

I also removed the “Trait boosts damage of X skills by Y%, but tooltips don’t update” bugs since I don’t think there’s a single trait fitting that description that actually does alter the tooltips appropriately. That is, it’s not a Necro thing, it’s a game-wide limitation.

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

I’m willing to do video recordings for the bugs we have if that’s what it takes for ANet to get it together and fix the Necromancer. Should I just do ALL of them or which would we need video proof of? Sent you a PM about this, Softspoken.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I’m willing to do video recordings for the bugs we have if that’s what it takes for ANet to get it together and fix the Necromancer. Should I just do ALL of them or which would we need video proof of? Sent you a PM about this, Softspoken.

Got your PM, still trying to decide on which ones!

• I’d say Spiteful Talisman (10 in Spite) needs a video, especially if you can show it once in a PvE context and once in PvP (Heart of the Mists is fine) so it’s clear it works in one, but not the other.
  • I just found out about a bug with ethereal wall: If you use Spectral Attunement (20 in curses), the combo field fades long before the wall does. It’s best seen with a bone fiend equipped, since it’ll do 2 stacks of confusion again and again until suddenly nothing, with nothing changing position.
  • Chill of Death (20 in Spite) not working at all underwater would be good. Just make sure you attack something that actually survives for a few hits past 25% so it’s clear nothing happens? Also, it should show up in the combat log if it procs. (Shows up as Spinal Shivers)
  • If you could show that Last Gasp (15 in SR) isn’t increased in duration by Spectral Attunement (Proc it once with, once without) I’d be appreciative.
  • The delay on Bone Minions applying their blast finishers would be nice too. All you need for that is bone minions + well of blood, then watch for the retaliation boon.
  • There’s a bug where taking Focused Rituals (20 in curses) makes Spiteful Vigor (20 in Death Magic) stop working for well of blood. It should be pretty clear to show: use well of blood once with FR and once without, and you can see where retaliation does and doesn’t show up.

Those are the bugs that in my opinion are truly hindered functionality. I tried to put them in order of most concern to least concern (I’m sure some forum posters would be glad to disagree with me!) based on severity & popularity. If you can manage to get high enough resolution on the recording that you can read the tooltips, that would be excellent.

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

• I’d say Spiteful Talisman (10 in Spite) needs a video, especially if you can show it once in a PvE context and once in PvP (Heart of the Mists is fine) so it’s clear it works in one, but not the other.

Spiteful Talisman “should” be fixed soon. So I’ll skip that one. I’ll get working no the others. Let me know if you want more. I’ll try and get them done ASAP.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Spiteful Talisman “should” be fixed soon. So I’ll skip that one. I’ll get working no the others. Let me know if you want more. I’ll try and get them done ASAP.

We can hope. Spiteful Talisman is probably the oldest bug on this list and I want it gone.

These ones will be good for a start, I just want to make sure it’s clear what the bugged behavior is in these videos. Thanks again for this.

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

• I just found out about a bug with ethereal wall: If you use Spectral Attunement (20 in curses), the combo field fades long before the wall does. It’s best seen with a bone fiend equipped, since it’ll do 2 stacks of confusion again and again until suddenly nothing, with nothing changing position.

Spectral Wall etherial field Video, should show the issue. Spectral Attunement trait extends the duration of Spectral Wall from 9 seconds to 16 (tool-tip does not update to show this) but the duration of the etherial combo field still only lasts 9 seconds. Spectral Mastery has no effect on the bug as far as I can tell. Same issue in PvE/PvP.

• Chill of Death (20 in Spite) not working at all underwater would be good. Just make sure you attack something that actually survives for a few hits past 25% so it’s clear nothing happens? Also, it should show up in the combat log if it procs. (Shows up as Spinal Shivers)

Chill of Death Underwater video here. Happens in PvP and PvE. Works fine on land in both.

• If you could show that Last Gasp (15 in SR) isn’t increased in duration by Spectral Attunement (Proc it once with, once without) I’d be appreciative.

Last Gasp + Spectral Attunement Spectral Attunement trait extends the duration of Spectral Armor from 6s to 8s. The trait Last Gasp that gives Spectral Armor at 50% HP does not receive the duration increase. Happens in PvP/PvE.

*There’s a bug where taking Focused Rituals (20 in curses) makes Spiteful Vigor (20 in Death Magic) stop working for well of blood. It should be pretty clear to show: use well of blood once with FR and once without, and you can see where retaliation does and doesn’t show up.

Focused Rituals + Spiteful Vigor

• The delay on Bone Minions applying their blast finishers would be nice too. All you need for that is bone minions + well of blood, then watch for the retaliation boon.

Bone Minion blast finisher delay Flesh Wurm shown for comparison as it does work instantly.

Tell me if any of the videos do not suffice and I will make a new one if necessary. Also, attach the video to the bug on your main posts for more visibility if you will. I can only pray to Grenth that this helps ANet fix our kitten bugs. Thanks.

I am The No.

(edited by ReMortis.4287)

in Necromancer

ReMortis.4287

Adding a few more of my own.

Spectral Grasp
1200 range on Spectral Grasp pull, but only pulls enemies for about about ~900 units. Staff auto attack used for range comparison. Mark of Blood has a 240 Diameter and the golem still doesn’t touch it when pulled at Spectral Grasp’s max range. PvP/PvE bug. Video

Taking request for bugs people want on video if you give me a description. I’ll see if I can capture a few others on the main post list of bugs.

I am The No.

(edited by ReMortis.4287)

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Thank you so much for these, ReMortis. I’ve got the links put in at the correct spots for each bug video now, assuming I copy / pasted correctly. There aren’t many other bugs I’m dying to have video evidence of: the only one is the Plague Form AoE, and it’s kind of hard to show if your character is human, which yours appears to be, since the circle is scaled correctly.