Necromancer Build -Distraction- A WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Theorl.3491

Theorl.3491

the link is to a half-done engineer build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

I would love to try a build like this out see if it’s any fun/good problem is pretty expensive to gear up and might not like it / be effective.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Tanky but it seems to me that too much has been put into vitality (including the Dolyak runes). Regular PVT armor should be more than enough vit and provide a lot more power to make up for the lack of crits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

I tested this out in sPvp for about an hour and a half and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Most mobility I’ve ever had with this class, people didn’t really expect it. The burst is pretty good if you immobilize with the bone fiend then flesh golem charge then toss all your marks. Tons of fun/mobility/control.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Thanks for the feedback again, I really appreciate it.

Tanky but it seems to me that too much has been put into vitality (including the Dolyak runes). Regular PVT armor should be more than enough vit and provide a lot more power to make up for the lack of crits.

You could do that I guess, but you’re not trying to do damage really your just trying to distract people while your teammates easily attack things without hassle. I guess if you want to be a bit more aggresive then go on ahead. I always think strategy over power.

Strategy is fine but I don’t really understand how this build is distracting. It’s basically an MM tank build with a focus on HP. It seems like its only purpose is to stay alive. And that’s okay; I prefer a bit of tank in my builds as well. But, if you’re actually trying to draw focus fire, the necro is really the wrong class with which to do it. What’s more, in a group fight, when I see a MM, I tend to simply ignore them. Necros are dangerous because of the conditions they can stack and spread of left alone. MMs can be dangerous 1v1 but in a group are, for the most part, low priority targets.