Necromancer Changes v2

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

In slight cooperation with Sikari and Bhawb (who helped with Minions) I’m publishing these suggested changes to Necromancer in three segments:

1. General

2. Minions

3. Traits

Later I’ll also make a short, explainatory video about it. Keep in mind, these are by no means balanced numbers etc, but I just wanted to make it.

Posting it here, when I’m ready, I’ll also post on reddit (for some reason).

http://imgur.com/a/xyetW

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Just fyi, you forgot to include the baselined cd reduction on the mark skills.

Most of these suggestions seem reasonable on their own, but having all of them together might be too much.

And some of those are clearly overpowered, like 25% faster Shroud #1. Or healing allies for 30% of your lf regen, especially if you stack several necros with this trait.

Also, @Curses, why would you remove Barbed Precision?

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Most of these suggestions seem reasonable on their own, but having all of them together might be too much.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

If they suddenly put all these into the Necro without tuning, yes, we would be overpowered as hell. But they never will. So I can suggest everything I can think of.

Yes, I forgot to include baselined Staff CDR.

For the changes, numbers are there to be fill up the space. Can be 10% instead of 25% attack speed, 10% of Life Force Generation. What I suggest is an idea, not the number which changes hundreds of times anyway.

I removed Barbed Precision because I had better idea and I don’t really enjoy passive procs. They add nothing to the gameplay besides RNG and reducing you in optimal gear.

I also tried to keep good synergy within traitlines and provide more interesting gameplay, eliminate some bad shallowness we have here and there.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I removed Barbed Precision because I had better idea and I don’t really enjoy passive procs. They add nothing to the gameplay besides RNG and reducing you in optimal gear.

I would agree with most rng based procs that trigger weapon skills or have long icds of their own.
However, Barbed Precision being a short duration bleed with a 66% chance to proc and no icd, the damage it does is really more of a pretty accurate reflection of your crit chance rather than an unpredictable passive rng.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I quite like some of the suggestions (especially the QoL tweaks)! Some are definitely overpowered with the numbers given, but you’ve addressed that (though you may want to revisit them just for the sake of making them easier to swallow). I don’t see necros getting Resistance to deal with conditions. That’s more the revenant way of dealing with condis (and helping their allies deal with them). Ours is supposed to be transfer/consume. If anything, I’d like to see more ubiquitous methods to transfer/consume them off, such as the Plague Sending and Spiteful Renewal traits (Plague Blast for a couple of seconds on entering Shroud is a great idea!); though it would seem we need some form(s) of these to be baseline or readily accessible in every traitline and/or weapon set.

The presentation looks neat, but could use some sprucing up. The text washes out due to the background of some of the images. Perhaps a bordered font, different color, or different background image?

Things like Necrotic Traversal exploding where the necro casts, not the position of the wurm could use a thematic explanation (the wurm and the necro actually swap places because… dark magic reasons, the swap being too much for the wurm to handle makes it explode, etc.) as well as effect suggestions.

I’d love to see some more blasts and projectile hate, but I don’t know if that’s in our “theme” that the devs see : /

I’d like to see Rending Shroud have a slightly larger range, so we don’t have to be right on top of someone to see the effect.

I’d love to see Well of Blood and Vampiric Signet be stronger contenders.

If moving fast and bouncing around the field is not supposed to be our thing, I’d like to see us more resistant to movement-hampering abilities also. I’m not sure the Reaper trait is enough.

Seeing a Dark Path that pierces until it hits the intended target would be neat. That way you could select an enemy (or even ally?) on the edge of the fight, fire Path off through melee training you, and get out of the predicament. OR having Path pierce and be reactivateable to teleport you to the point it’s currently at would be a neat and more skillful form of teleport. The major issues with the above would be removing counterplay. I suppose enemies could daze/stun/cc you with the latter option, so you can’t reactivate.

I think some of those abilities get a bit bloated when adding some of these changes to them, and I like the idea of shroud being used in short bursts but with more power. I think a good tying together of some of the above points (and general distaste with some necro mechanics on our end and our enemies/allies) would be to give the shrouds utility skills. That way, things we rely on are ubiquitous and base-line, but require managment. Things like transfer/consume conditions, an evade-frame attack, etc., but remove the idea of sustainable shrouding. Soul Reaping would then become about amplifying these abilities (projectile destruction/reflect, life blast heals allies and puts bigger stacks of vulnerability on targets, etc.). That way shrouds go from feeling like a mobile downed state for us, potentially frustratingly inexhaustible for enemies, and become shorter more interesting choices. For instance, what if you can only go into shroud for a few seconds, and have to choose between tossing out a couple of defensive abilities OR doing some big damage / eating conditions off / whatever before you lose the shroud and have to wait for a recharge?

(edited by Dead.5829)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

death magic urber stronk lol dat auto res should be lowered to 15% u can argue that it can chain with some of the invuln sigils and keep necros too unkillable, also its hard to control damage in a team fight so if they wanna prevent a necro from auto ressing they have to kill it twice

25% faster death shroud 1 is too much 15% is fine

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Oh boy. I’ll have to come back to this one. I don’t think we’re that far off from usability but some of these changes are way too complicated and wordy or just unreasonably powerful. Let me get some sleep and I’ll be back in the morning.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I won’t list all things I dislike in these suggestion because it would be over 90% of these.

some of these changes are way too complicated and wordy or just unreasonably powerful.

^
Exactly what I think.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Really appreciate the effort and the presentation, but the majority of these changes seem to be overboard (as in way too powerful), especially the quest for a reliable blast finisher.

Here’s my condensed list: Make Consume Conditions uncategorized. Give it a cooldown of 25 seconds. Remove the Vulnerability. Please.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

I Realy enjoy :

1) The Qol Changes to minions
(I realy hate playing AI builds , but i understand people playing them).

3) CC Shelter treatment and the fact other heals have to be buffed.

4) Most of the weapons fixes.

5) Corruption and spectral changes are good.

6) I see Good ideas in trait changes , some are definately to strong , and some i dislike.
(I realy like active play —> if you do something after a fear you get a bonus for doing that etc.)

Nb : I realy ’d like to see terror and master of terror merge together.

(edited by Abimes.9726)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

death magic urber stronk lol dat auto res should be lowered to 15% u can argue that it can chain with some of the invuln sigils and keep necros too unkillable, also its hard to control damage in a team fight so if they wanna prevent a necro from auto ressing they have to kill it twice

25% faster death shroud 1 is too much 15% is fine

I liked the name I came up with. So just created an idea out of it. I wouldn’t like another minion trait or another passive stat boost. I went with something preventing focusing the Necromancer in PvP once it pops on the horizon and gave the Necromancer sort of A.E.D. from Engi. I was thinking about this refilling Endurance (theme, back to life etc.) instead of Invulnerability though.

I’d like to hear opinions on Curses traitline and Atrophy from Spite, mostly, because I quite like them.

And possibly Signet of Spite. Essentialy a “Soul Swap” as icon suggests. Wasn’t sure how to word it, if anyone could make it more clear, I would be glad.

Tried to come up with something for Lich to reduce #1 spamming and make 2-5 more rewarding & important. Dunno if with any success, though.

As for Plague, apart from making it rather short cooldown with high risk to it, I can’t think of anything better if they want to keep the Bleeding. Limited Resistance is quite good I think, even though it’s coming close to the Revenant.
Thought about Transfer in Plague, but that would be either insignificant or way too powerful.

(edited by Rym.1469)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I honestly don’t see us becoming OP even if all of these changes were added at once. People seem to forget just how low we are compared to every other profession aside from ranger. If anything we need to look at making us broken instead of small tweaking.

If we break ourselves we’ll either a) catch up to most of the other power creep going on or b) Atleast have a chance at being viable in less than 3 years.

I still think our weapons need complete reworks adding a burst option/sustain option on every weapon. I think cds need reduced. I think we need finishers. We need heals now, all of them need buffed. Our utilities could use cd reductions if they don’t rework our weapons because right now most of our sustain and burst have to come from those 3 slots. All of our elites should be reworked into more interesting/useful without a moa ruining all of them.

Our support is still terrible. It’s all way too gimmicky and niche. How is siphoning ever going to be viable in PvP with those numbers? Considering our non existent fast attack rate besides dagger which is suicide in a lot of cases during a PvP match they need much bigger buffs.

I don’t see why we have to have so many gimmicky themed terrible things like the corruption skills that are nowhere near powerful enough to warrant conditions, or life transfer transferring a downed body. Anet acts like it would be a sin to give us basic group interaction by denying us any heal support which we almost always desperately need with our lack or active defense.

And this is all just from a PvP perspective, we’re still beyond useless in dungeons no one will want a necro, and WvW, mesmers are going to be taking potential necro spots in guilds/zergs.

I don’t see why the devs or a lot of players can’t see this. Have they not played other professions? Do players like living in certain bliss of their minion build killing a doe in open world? Or their condi build only taking 30 seconds to kill a npc?

Necro will always be mediocre with the way it is designed currently relative to the other professions. And the balance philosopy of small tweaks over long amounts of time will always make it so. It’s so frustrating having over 5k hours on a profession and you literally get asked by friends to swap because it’s not wanted anywhere besides WvW. Do people realize necros are actually gimping groups?

It’s a kittening shame people whine about a bleed stack here or there or 1% extra lifeforce on a skill when it will have nowhere near the impact we need. At this rate we’ll never be wanted. Either Robert is the only dev who cares about balance, or he’s the dev that doesn’t know balance. We’re getting balanced on such a terrible curve relative to other professions.

I really don’t see why people don’t think we need an overhaul or how this is even acceptable.

Edit: I know this is more of a rant than actual feedback on your proposed changes, but I felt this was the best thread to put it in, and I do think a lot of these changes still won’t do anything for us.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

the death magic’s auto res needs a bit nerf i think although it prevent people from focus firing necros so

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Now that I’ve had a chance to rest lets reply to this. I’ll be replying to each picture separately so lets do this.

Picture 1:

• Unholy Feast: I actually feel that the life force you get from this skills is in a good spot. If you had a off hand that gave life force you wouldn’t notice a problem here. Because its usually paired with Dagger which doesn’t provide life force the focus becomes much heavier on this skill. I do Agree that it should apply a condition. and with the damage bonus instead being a condition bonus. I think 2 stacks of Vulnerability per condition will make this skill really good as it will increase the base damage of all your other conditions making this rather valuable.
  • Putrid Mark: Yeah, I actually agree with this one. We’ve lost allot of our support and it would be nice to have at least a small amount of it back.
  • Mark of blood: Yes.
  • Grasping dead: Yeah.
  • Unholy Feast: This one I think would be much better as a blast finisher. But as we go further down I don’t think blast finishers should be a major theme on necromancer. So One more would be nice but the others you suggested are too much.
  • Rending claws: I don’t think this should steal life. Instead I think this should have a 1/2 second cast time and be a chain skills. So it could be Rending claws > Tearing claws > Murderous claws. The first two would be identical to each other and cause vulnerability while the last one will be a channel skill that takes 1 second to complete, applies 3 stacks of vulnerability, strikes 3 times and does much more damage than the other two. Its damage would be slightly increased as well.
  • Ghastly claws: I Think the damage on this one needs to be increased. OR, alternatively it should deal damage to your target AND deal damage where you are spinning the axe making it a whirl finisher as well.
  • Axe conclusion: Personally, I feel the axe should reward you for getting in closer. Much like Life blast does currently. So having it function like a reverse mesmer greatsword or revenant hammer would be my preference. Sure, have a trait that increases its range to 900, but maybe give it a damage bonus only while you’re under 600.

Picture 2:

• Wail of doom: Shouldn’t be a blast finisher. Its pretty good. I’d probably like to see it with its original function which was fear and confusion.
  • Spinal Shivers: I agree.
  • Deathly swarm: This is basically my suggestion. So of course I’m in favor of that.
  • Life Siphon: I actually disagree with part of this. I think its numbers should be exactly the same. HOWEVER! I think its channel time should be cut in half.
  • Consume condition: Please for the love of Grenth return this to its original version.
  • Well of blood: Yeah, revert the healing nerf but rather than it healing through shroud make it a water field.
  • Signet of Vampirism: I’d say replace its active with granting allies an actual vampiric aura. So that we have an actual aura that can combo with allies and gain some function with runes. Change its trait to trigger its active as well so it doesn’t have to be a lesser signet of vampirism. Although it doesn’t combo with the new signet trait very well. Make its activation a pulse dealing small damage to foes around you and granting the aura to allies and yourself so it will combo with the trait.
  • Epidemic: Yes, reduce the cast time. No to making it a blast finisher.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Picture 3:

• Corrosive Poison cloud: I actually have a completely different idea for this. Keep the self weakness application but a dramatic change is in order. Change it to a stunbreak that casts a aoe at your location that actually moves with you and blocks projectiles with its normal function. Up its cool down to 60 seconds since now this would be a really powerful defensive skill for us. Also give it a 1 second of 1 stack of stability to cover its cast time. I think its important that if you’re going to run a corruption build that you have a stunbreak.
  • Signet of Undeath: I kinda like that change. I’d add one thing. Drop its cool down to 120 second recharge.
  • Signet of Spite: I think maybe it needs a recharge drop but not that far. Maybe 40 seconds. But its active I don’t think it should have that active I really like it as is.
  • Spectral walk: I like the idea of it removing those conditions. I’d keep its current cool down though and have it grant 3 stacks of stability as well as making you immune to those conditions while the walk is active. And ending the walk could grand 3 more stacks of stability. This could give some incentive to keeping it active or ending the walk. And of course keep its swiftness.
  • Well of Darkness: Personally, I think it doesn’t need to block projectiles. Perhaps make it slow enemies inside as well as blind.
  • Lich Form: I think Arena net should just look at this entire skill and perhaps redesign it. At the moment we don’t have incentive to do anything in it besides auto attack for days. And to me this is a major flaw and I don’t think the suggested changes would be enough.

Picture 4:

• Should probably increase the bleed stack. Maybe. But it shouldn’t be a blast finisher.
  • Spectral grasp: I’d say increase its speed as well as increase its range to 1,500. We don’t have allot of ways to close the gap and having something that could grab those engineers or rangers and force them on our turf is a good idea in my opinion.
  • Shroud: Yeah I actually agree with you. It shouldn’t spill over and signets should work in shroud.
  • Plague: I say redesign the skill. Have it plus out poison as it always does but rather than giving you skills like a transform make it similar to Rampage as one used to work. Have it do the aura of poison as well as copy conditions off of you to foes. Because revenants straight up stole our skill we should get it back but stronger.
  • Healing in shroud: Not sure. I’d have to see how this might work in the future with proper defense to see how I feel about this one.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Picture 5:

• Minions: Not much to say on my part. I agree. Minions are not fun to play and could use some much needed love.

Picture 6:

• More minions!: Again I completely agree. Except for one thing. I personally think it would be hilarious if the bone minions flew screaming through the air and fell down at the target location in an explosion. But that’s just me.

Picture 7:

• Spite: I really don’t think this line needs much work at all. The Spiteful spirit grand master needs some work and I don’t think with the suggestion to make unholy feast a blast finisher this would be good for us. I don’t think we should actually have a tone of blast finishers so That should be completely changes.

Picture 8:

Picture 9:

Master of corruption: This honestly shouldn’t apply additional conditions to us. It should grant 3 seconds of resistance though when we activate a corruption skill. This is a master not a grand master so improving their function shouldn’t be what this does. Save those kind of abilities for the Grandmaster slot.

Picture 10:

• Reaper’s Protection: Its good as is. No need for it to change at all.
  • Deathly strength: This is rather offensive for a defensive line. I’d keep it as is. Maybe have it increase condition damage as well as power so it has a dual function but that might be a bit much.
  • Phylactery : This is a bit too strong for a minor.
  • Unholy sanctuary: Keep it as is but if you’d take fatal it should stunbreak, remove all conditions and give 1 second of invulnerability. Self applied Aegies really isn’t our theme.
  • Corrupter’s fervor: Actually looks really good as is. 300 toughness is pretty high.

Picture 11:

• Mark of blood: Combat only should be a thing. Yes, I agree with that.
  • Banshee’s Wail: I say it should cause bleeding rather than protection. But that’s just me.

Picture 12:

• Unyielding blast: I think it should stay as is. However I personally feel that Life blast should pierce 2 targets as a passive without this trait and up to 5 with it. So the reaper’s scythe would also get a bonus of striking up to 5 targets for each strike as well giving necromancer the highest possible cleave in the game.
  • Feast of Souls: That’s an interesting idea. I don’t have too much to say about this because I don’t know if it really fits soul reaping.
  • Dhuumfire: I was actually thinking that either it was upped to 4 seconds or changes so that all your attacks while in death shroud cause burning.

Added note:

• Life blast, Plague blast and Necrotic Grasp: These all should be projectile finishers with a 100% chance to trigger. this 20% nonsense needs to stop.

(edited by Lily.1935)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

@lily

I thought the same thing. 3 pierce baseline on life blast and the trait increase the targets hit with Shroud 1 skills to 5. That would be an amazing niche for Necromancers.

Same with Dhuumfire. My thoughts were either bumping it to 4 or leave it 3 and make Shroud 4 pulse 2 (or even 3) burn and be like a more burst oriented skill.

Personally, I’d prefer leaving it 3 and allowing it to affect shroud 4 would be amazing.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I just want everyone to know that I got infracted for posting a completely reasonable comment about Necro’s in an Engineer thread. No harsh words or anything of the like… Just asking for some dev attention.

I’m actually laughing pretty hard about it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

If those changes went live as you have suggested I would kitten myself with joy. Those are great changes and we can only dream

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

That thread…

When all the hard work/contribution goes unnoticed by the devs or the necromancer developer.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

That thread…

When all the hard work/contribution goes unnoticed by the devs or the necromancer developer.

I will say props to us. Necromancers go through so much work for presentations and idea displays, more than I see on any other class.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

@lily

I thought the same thing. 3 pierce baseline on life blast and the trait increase the targets hit with Shroud 1 skills to 5. That would be an amazing niche for Necromancers.

Same with Dhuumfire. My thoughts were either bumping it to 4 or leave it 3 and make Shroud 4 pulse 2 (or even 3) burn and be like a more burst oriented skill.

Personally, I’d prefer leaving it 3 and allowing it to affect shroud 4 would be amazing.

I would agree with 3 if it effected all your shroud skills. The issue with dhuumfire and allot of the necromancer’s offensive design is that it encourages the necromancer to just auto attack. But if we had burning on all the shroud skills players could be encouraged to use their other skills as well without fear of their damage dropping. If burning turns out to be too strong, go with torment. Just make it so we don’t lose out on damage by being in Death shroud.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

More minions!: Again I completely agree. Except for one thing. I personally think it would be hilarious if the bone minions flew screaming through the air and fell down at the target location in an explosion. But that’s just me.

This would be even better if they finally gave us fluffy bunny bone minion reskins.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

@lily

I would agree with 3 if it effected all your shroud skills. The issue with dhuumfire and allot of the necromancer’s offensive design is that it encourages the necromancer to just auto attack. But if we had burning on all the shroud skills players could be encouraged to use their other skills as well without fear of their damage dropping. If burning turns out to be too strong, go with torment. Just make it so we don’t lose out on damage by being in Death shroud.

For many reasons I’d prefer it day burning (Flame legion/Team play ideas/Dps).

Like I said, currently, a curses Scepter can do like 15% more damage than a reaper with Dhuumfire. The only part that makes it real powerful is that it cleaves, which isn’t even a huge concern as Bleeds built up are long and able to be epedimiced where burns are short and bursty but not as easily spread. A slight boost to Dhuumfire would actually make for a great alternative between the two, except epedimic will still be better because i believe many more people will run conditions in pve now too.

Overall, I just think it needs a minor nudge one way or the other but should remain burning. It’s so close to being perfect.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

More minions!: Again I completely agree. Except for one thing. I personally think it would be hilarious if the bone minions flew screaming through the air and fell down at the target location in an explosion. But that’s just me.

This would be even better if they finally gave us fluffy bunny bone minion reskins.

You’re speaking my language! Undead bunnies from the underworld! Can Flesh Golem become a pony?

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

You’re speaking my language! Undead bunnies from the underworld! Can Flesh Golem become a pony?

I still want Risen minions.

Don’t start with lore either, I’ll kill you all. I want my zombie horde….

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

If you want to check, I added it to Reddit.

A.k.a. better chances to be noticed by any Dev than within 1000 years on Necro forum

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aghyy/graphics_necromancer_changes/

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The devs see the Necro forums too

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

But I don’t want my changes to be found in new Revenant build ;/.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

But I don’t want my changes to be found in new Revenant build ;/.

I laughed. :P

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

oh you.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Abimes.9726

Based on this thread this is what i have comme with , i think it will be easyer to implement and is a bit more balanced if you combine them all.
I din’t revew Heals , minions but they need a buff also.

(I think spite , blood and death exept one minor, are fine.)

FEED BACK APPRECIATED

I apologize for my english

Attachments:

(edited by Abimes.9726)

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Really appreciate the effort and the presentation, but the majority of these changes seem to be overboard (as in way too powerful), especially the quest for a reliable blast finisher.

Here’s my condensed list: Make Consume Conditions uncategorized. Give it a cooldown of 25 seconds. Remove the Vulnerability. Please.

Yeah. And as they mentioned, Consume Conditions is now the starting healing skill for Necromancers. Interesting that they would give new players a starting skill that applies 10 stacks of Vulnerability to themselves. “Oh oh. Need to heal. There we go…hey…what the..? I JUST consumed conditions – why do I have 10 stacks of a condition on me.”

Seems to be a poor design.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Abimes.9726

Yeah. And as they mentioned, Consume Conditions is now the starting healing skill for Necromancers. Interesting that they would give new players a starting skill that applies 10 stacks of Vulnerability to themselves. “Oh oh. Need to heal. There we go…hey…what the..? I JUST consumed conditions – why do I have 10 stacks of a condition on me.”

Seems to be a poor design.

I think It’s ok , if Coco is a corruption but i’d rather see it give a bit poison or tourment or whathever than 10 stack of vuln. If you can gime feed back on what i’have done above , that’s cool man.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

It is a bad design, it’s a hurtful design and I’m so shocked they did it.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Not only are the changes to CC a bad, bad decision…especially as it’s now the starting heal, but removing the ability to pop Spectral Walk mid-fall is just petty to the point of being antagonistic.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Based on this thread this is what i have comme with , i think it will be easyer to implement and is a bit more balanced if you combine them all.

FEED BACK APPRECIATED

Hey,

Really cool stuff! That could’ve been implemented very easily!

Only thing I don’t really like is your change to Parasitic. Even now, with 5%, it really does barely any healing unless you have 5 targets and Epidemic. Then it’s around 200 hp/s, which, honestly, isn’t great. Especially since it doesn’t and won’t heal in Shroud.

I’d like to keep that 10% because that could at least be noticed in regular PvP combat. And because that would heal only outside of Shroud, Siphons would still have that unique value (healing through Shroud).

I’ll later include it in the reddit post, if you don’t mind.

Necromancer Changes v2

in Necromancer

Abimes.9726

FEED BACK APPRECIATED

Hey,

Really cool stuff! That could’ve been implemented very easily!

Only thing I don’t really like is your change to Parasitic. Even now, with 5%, it really does barely any healing unless you have 5 targets and Epidemic. Then it’s around 200 hp/s, which, honestly, isn’t great. Especially since it doesn’t and won’t heal in Shroud.

I’d like to keep that 10% because that could at least be noticed in regular PvP combat. And because that would heal only outside of Shroud, Siphons would still have that unique value (healing through Shroud).

I’ll later include it in the reddit post, if you don’t mind.

Yeah i’m ok with that i’m just unsure of how much it healed so i put tiny numbers there , but like you said these are numbers and can be changed any time