Necromancer Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Meszarlock.4783

Meszarlock.4783

There is something i wish to confirm if anyone know something about i liek to know because i wana try out few stuff with MM.

Minions Gets any Stat benefit from us like in gw1(DM trait line)? Minions power depends on anything im wearing or they get any % of the stats i have ? How much my minion hp? any info on that i mean at lvl 80? it would be good to know, (for me At least)
there is or there will be any Controll for the minions like in gw1 ctrl+space or something ? or the ranger pet attack F1 button works for them later? even if there is no button?

thnx for the response, sorry if anyone asked this before

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Minions scale based on level.

The Ai is horrendous. It is meant to attack what you attack, but that fails so hard atm.

The only minion that is guaranteed to attack what you want is the flesh wurm.

All the minions have an ability that you can cast with them.

in Necromancer

Meszarlock.4783

yeah i know that since i playing necro from the start but still there is no info on that if they use necromancer stats or not there are some rumor mesmer “clones” use toughness so its poke my interest in doing MM if that is true on them

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Nope completely based on your level and the traits.

Mesmers class ‘mechanic’ in that their clones/phantasms scale with their stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

My armor set focuses on Vitality and Toughness ( Hearty set )and some healing power.
My main weapon is staff ( got DD too > using it for siphoning in serious situations ).
now I’m level 66 and my hp is 21K, it’s rarely to drop to 10k(thanks to my minions which I rely on the to damage my foe and heal me all the time ).
I’m the last man standing in all dungeons and events because of that I got one of the biggest HP ever and much toughness too , death shroud helps me alot to avoid death.
I believe that MM build is the best for Necromancers.http://tinyurl.com/My-Pure-MM-build

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Meszarlock.4783

Still wich trats the traits give bonust to minions or only the major trait slots?

in Necromancer

Meszarlock.4783

and im not going to use other ppl builds ,because i like to come up with mines ^^ and until pet AI(or control) get better probably stay cleric

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

minion master (20% cooldown reduction), flesh of the master (50% more minion health), training of the mater (+30% more minion damage), fetid corruption (minions each can take off one boon on attack, 10 second cooldown individually for each minion), death nova (minions release a poison cloud on death), vampiric master (minions siphon health on hit), and fetid consumtion (minions draw conditions from thier master) all boost minions in some way.

Minion base stats are based on your level. (However putrid explosion damage from bone minions scales off of your power, and taste of death from the blood fiend scales off of healing power.)

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Duleshna.7430

Duleshna.7430

minion master (20% cooldown reduction), flesh of the master (50% more minion health), training of the mater (+30% more minion damage), fetid corruption (minions each can take off one boon on attack, 10 second cooldown individually for each minion), death nova (minions release a poison cloud on death), vampiric master (minions siphon health on hit), and fetid consumtion (minions draw conditions from thier master) all boost minions in some way.

Minion base stats are based on your level. (However putrid explosion damage from bone minions scales off of your power, and taste of death from the blood fiend scales off of healing power.)

Yes, so what I have understood is that no matter what you wear/wield, it will not affect the stats on your Minions. You could be naked or fully geared for Condition Damage (kinda odd but whatever), Powerbuild ect… and Still no effect on Minions statwise. Only the level you are matters. (Even attributes themselves don’t matter, only the Major Traits you choose?)

I do hope I made mistakes on that one… Honestly, if that is really the case, I should probably just go and shoot myself in the leg. That is just… kitten

Current build – MM/Condition Necro: http://goo.gl/XSQmhj
Theoretical build – MM/Reaper (WIP): http://goo.gl/0Drlka

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Yes, so what I have understood is that no matter what you wear/wield, it will not affect the stats on your Minions. You could be naked or fully geared for Condition Damage (kinda odd but whatever), Powerbuild ect… and Still no effect on Minions statwise. Only the level you are matters. (Even attributes themselves don’t matter, only the Major Traits you choose?)

I do hope I made mistakes on that one… Honestly, if that is really the case, I should probably just go and shoot myself in the leg. That is just… kitten

Nope, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Originally minions were much stronger, and the necromancer had abilities in his trait line that increased the number of minions his utilities summoned. However, Anet found minions to be too strong on their own in builds which didn’t spec for them, so they nerfed minions and gave us traits to boost them (this all happened before BWE1).

During BWE2 jagged horrors didn’t lose health overtime. However they brought back the degen on BWE3 for reasons I don’t personally know (apparently the little rats were overpowered in PvP).

There aren’t any attributes that boost minions directly. Reanimator lets you summon a jagged horror when you kill an enemy, however it has no influence on fights. Protection of the horde increases your toughness per minion, however that’s only your own personal toughness.

In my opinion with these booster traits we have now, minions are pretty damaging. The bigger issues with minions are:
1. In most dungeons there are tons of AOE, rendering minions useless. (even with the 50% health boost they die within moments of an AOE being dropped).
2. Their AI is wonky making them unreliable in PvP.
3.minion master doesn’t reduce minion active cooldowns (this probably isn’t a bug however it is an issue)
4.Both plague form and lich form kill all currently summoned minions.
5. The flesh golem cannot swim, and our only elite underwater is plague form. So you basically don’t have an elite underwater.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Meszarlock.4783

Just as i feared.. i know its not gw1 but really… why do they ahve to do this to the minions :| poor little fellows :’( so there is no reason for specing into minion master.. (im mainly do dungeons) they are pointless as the ranger pets at least necro have the change to not even use them and annoy the ppl in the dungeon with them unlike ranger pet aggro everything u can see in the dungeon and if u get hit once your pet pop up and dance the death for u how lowely. May grenth bless us Necromancers! tyvm for the answers guys Have nice day

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Our undead army is good in dungeons , it will keep u alive as long as possible if u have much vitality and toughness. ( I’m the last man standing in dungeons and I’m a pure MM that focuses on vitality , toughness and healing power ).
This is my build
http://tinyurl.com/My-Pure-MM-build

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Our undead army is good in dungeons , it will keep u alive as long as possible if u have much vitality and toughness. ( I’m the last man standing in dungeons and I’m a pure MM that focuses on vitality , toughness and healing power ).
This is my build
http://tinyurl.com/My-Pure-MM-build

So you are perfectly fine with them sometimes running off and attacking something, or just having them stand around that is up to you but most of are not. Arah boss Lupi is a perfect example of what is wrong with minions since the jagged horror alone has made him many times harder then he should because of a little grub spawned at its location and the boss absorbed it. Heck the flesh golem is a fine example of a bad minion AI right now, he has pulled mobs for me more often then u want to fight and this has lead to groups dying to trash in dungeons since trash in this game just insane amounts of health and hit overall to hard. Now i want them to work, i want to be a minion master from GW1 so much but right now with buggy AI, horrible damage, long reuse cooldowns since its once they die and not spawn, sometimes getting you stuck in combat, and no way to de-spawn them when you want if you just used a skill on 3 of the minions is just horrible design for them.

Also you are lasting longer then most is because you invested into vit, toughness, and healing power. You have more health and can take hits compared to others which does not mean it is a good build it just means other players have invested into actually trying to kill something more then you since you want your minions to do damage for you which is not reliable damage right now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

A Necro needs a pet control function.. To simply order them to attack (F2), go passive – follow (F3), and hold still or explode (!) (F4).. That way, weird and unwanted aggro like the one the Flesh Golem gets will be eliminated, and the class will be a lot more stable to play.. You can’t be a Minion Master if you have no Mastery over your pets!

In any case, i personally prefer to run my Necro with all his minions out, it’s what makes the class unique and fun to play, if you ask me..

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schiann.8620

Schiann.8620

If you’re playing minion master, and you find your minions are constantly running off and attacking random targets, double-check Options, and make sure Autotargeting is unchecked (first page, near the bottom, under “Combat”). It will make your life a bit easier.

That said, Necros do need better pet control functions, as well as a way to de-summon minions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Can’t be sure, since I’m at work, but I thought if you swapped the skill out for a different utility it desummoned the pet as well. It’s only out of combat, but it’s something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

yes, minions scale. small piles of worthless garbage become bigger and bigger piles of worthless garbage as you level up

Fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Since I read this thread, I started a MM build, to know how bad it is.

And it is…. not thta bad actually! :P

Surprising really! In PVE I gotta say, I have a harder time tagging mobs in DE since I don’t use staff anymore.

But It was more about WvW. It actually pretty decent. I was a powermancer before, and my survivability lacked. I got dps gear, so I died really fast.

But with MM build (20/0/30/20/0) with all traits to benefit MM, and life syphon traits in blood, my survivability really went up a notch. And my DPS is actually really good (I thought it would be the worse thing ever! Dps + MM?)

Here how my fights goes. I see an ennemy, I cast Flesh worm around me.

Cast my chilled focus spell, then my focus #4 and axe #1 for vuln stack. I then explode my bone minions (I can do up to 6k damage if both crit). I switch to dagger and use my elite minion stun and my scorpion CC to keep them in range.

I can burst down people really fast with the amount of Vuln I get. I also have vuln sigil on my weapon, so it stack well.

I had some issue vs mesmer, but if it get bad, just port up to you worm. Life saver, I love my Flesh worm.

Overall, I didn’t try in sPvP, but in WvW it’s really effective. Too bad I miss staff range, but with my worm I can charge in a group, and just port back in safety.

With a minion army, you also hit Door for a lot of damage. Our Elite minion activate hit the door like 10 time on use.

Also note, the buggy Minion AI is still a pain in the kitten I have to charge people for my bone minon to explode, since sometime they just won’t go to them.

But seriously, It’s a surprinly good and fun build!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Since I read this thread, I started a MM build, to know how bad it is.

And it is…. not thta bad actually! :P

Surprising really! In PVE I gotta say, I have a harder time tagging mobs in DE since I don’t use staff anymore.

But It was more about WvW. It actually pretty decent. I was a powermancer before, and my survivability lacked. I got dps gear, so I died really fast.

But with MM build (20/0/30/20/0) with all traits to benefit MM, and life syphon traits in blood, my survivability really went up a notch. And my DPS is actually really good (I thought it would be the worse thing ever! Dps + MM?)

Here how my fights goes. I see an ennemy, I cast Flesh worm around me.

Cast my chilled focus spell, then my focus #4 and axe #1 for vuln stack. I then explode my bone minions (I can do up to 6k damage if both crit). I switch to dagger and use my elite minion stun and my scorpion CC to keep them in range.

I can burst down people really fast with the amount of Vuln I get. I also have vuln sigil on my weapon, so it stack well.

I had some issue vs mesmer, but if it get bad, just port up to you worm. Life saver, I love my Flesh worm.

Overall, I didn’t try in sPvP, but in WvW it’s really effective. Too bad I miss staff range, but with my worm I can charge in a group, and just port back in safety.

With a minion army, you also hit Door for a lot of damage. Our Elite minion activate hit the door like 10 time on use.

Also note, the buggy Minion AI is still a pain in the kitten I have to charge people for my bone minon to explode, since sometime they just won’t go to them.

But seriously, It’s a surprinly good and fun build!

Finally someone to support my favorite build !!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah, still not sure if its really a viable build. Might have fought some low level or bad player. Will test it for a week then come back!

Add to it that I’m still working on this build, changing traits, and I still do mistake during fight because I’m not used to MM.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]