Malchior.1928

Only every moment of downstate ever!

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Hyperbole – I’m calling it!

Seriously, the BIG PATCH Did nothing to improve Necromancer’s biggest faults. Where is the profession on group utility? Nice that Necro has more sustain and group healing but that was not what other professions wanted. BiP is in corruption and is the only thing that might be of use unless players are going down all over and need healing.

Still looking for that Necro “thing” groups and teams want.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Only time I feel OP on necro is when I’m fighting 1v1 against someone that sucks.

[qT] Necro main.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I don’t feel oppressed, I just think the devs lack inspiration, and interest. Whenever Anet talks about the necromancer they always talk about things that necromancers can’t have simply because they are necromancers. I don’t even think it is lore related, they just think necros have to be devoid of boon support, cc resistance, burst, mobility skills and whatever else because that is their vision. Anet doesn’t seem to consider that their vision is neither what the customer base wants nor what will work in terms of balance.

I don’t expect necromancers to be giving out a tremendous amount of boons, but lacking the tools to solo dungeons, survive in teamfights, roam successfully, and be meta in every game mode is simply poor design. What Anet needs to do is look to the community for design ideas, and then put the effort into implementing these ideas (not that they don’t listen, but they need to do it much much more). Save the balance for afterwards, other classes feel awesome because they were built to be awesome not balanced.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

(edited by zapv.8051)

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

You know if they upped our syphons, and allowed more healing in DS I think we could do better in all areas. I’m talking like double the numbers on syphons and allowing regen and other self generated healing be allowed in. It would solve some focus fire problems and we would be unique. We could compete in high tier and roam in wvw as well as solo pve content since we still are not optimal in dungeons etc.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

This would definately account for all the damage we do to ourselves if they upped it to the rate of GW1 but alas that isn’t going to happen.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I just want the double standards to end. They need to stop singling out necromancers for their completely off base flavor reasons. There shouldn’t be any profession that can’t move around freely in combat. There shouldn’t be any profession that loses access to their utility bar just because they use their class mechanic. There shouldn’t be any profession without some combination of active defenses (block, reflect, invuln). I’m sorry, but active defenses are the cornerstone of this game…neglecting necromancers in this respect just doesn’t make sense. If they are so set against giving us a true block/invuln…they need to revert that old nerf to shroud where damage done to shroud carries over to our actual health bar. At least that was a make shift block. Balance it all after they fix these disparities.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The patch was a step in the right direction.

The Guardian, Engineer, and Mesmer are good candidates to get Dhuumfired after their insane buff patches. If this happens, you’ll see that it’s quit possible to build defensively with a lot of life force, stun breaks, & condition removals (and still do decent damage).

That wolnt get the class out of the pvE ghetto, but almost gets you out of the pvp ghetto.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I don’t think that much needs to get nerfed though. Burn needs to go down like 10% damage, bleed might need to go up like 10% damage. Other than that conditions are fine. Mesmers need a damage nerf, but nothing outrageous. Again, 10% on a few skills at most. Eles are too tanky for me at the moment as well, but again a few small shaves.

Necros don’t succeed in high tier pvp because most of their skills and in fact the whole class has far too much counterplay. We are supposed to be weak to cc chains, but right now we get utterly destroyed by them. The only things we bring that are comparable to every other classes best stuff are the two damaging wells, SOL, Plague Signet, Plague, staff, CB, and a few of the DS skills. Every other weapon, utility, heal or elite is subpar or down right buggy in some way.

At the same time, it is hard for anet to justify buffing us because we have so much health, condition transfers, boon corruption, and can be intimidating to more casual players who still don’t know how to use active defense and offensive pressure effectively.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

People were asking for sustain so you just don’t sit there like a chicken when your life force is out. For many builds it was/is still difficult to keep up life force. There was absolutely no need for life stealing buffs, it was already working well enough. What they did was add braindead healing/life steal builds for casual pve heroes for no obvious reason.

Another thing about sustain was many defensive skill and DS nerfs like weakness and DS hp thing which no one really complained about, some dev just hates necros (or he has wife playing casual pve hero necro) so he wanted those things gone like all other nice things. As if it wasn’t enough here comes chilling darkness nerf to nerf new op things but in same time make old things just useless crap. Great job, imho.

Consume conditions nerf was no needed, I was already running signet heal on most of my pvp builds before, now what they did was made it most stupid healing skill in game. Their king idea on paper was probably use dagger #4 or automatic new op trait whatever after healing but in practice it just doesn’t work like that, except pve but who really cares about pve balance as long as you win?

All this leaves me a feeling that only allowed build is some kind of useless tank with signet heal or gtfo. Just sayin’

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Actually, jalmari, life stealing buffs were called for often. There have been many posts about it. I think they did a good job with it and were very creative.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Whenever Anet talks about the necromancer they always talk about things that necromancers can’t have simply because they are necromancers.

This sums it up perfectly. It’s very apparent if you sit down and just listen to their so-called “balance streaming”, aka 3 people that don’t know what to do babbling while the character sits idle in heart of the mists for 10 minutes.

Another honorable mention in the “class that are kitten on”: “We like the design of ranger’s sword, it’s unique, therefore it’s fine and we’re not gonna change it, because we enjoy the concept”.

Necros are, cutting it short, a class that is entirely “design” and “concept”, not just a few weapons or traits.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

I definitely feel OP everytime to got ping ponged around to death

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Whenever Anet talks about the necromancer they always talk about things that necromancers can’t have simply because they are necromancers.

Quoted in sig for truth.

edit: Kitten too many lines mate.

The last time I heard that another class couldn’t have something was when warrior was supposed to be weak to conditions the first few months after release. Well …

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

While I definitely disagree with their design choices I somewhat understand the feel they want for the necromancer, so I somewhat understand being slow and things like that (reluctantly), but then they just go over the top with things like, “Blast finishers don’t fit necros” you’re just like oh come on you’re going over the top.

Their current design of the necro lacks almost everything that makes a good profession in this game and I sometimes wonder how they don’t see that.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Honestly the core of most if not all the necro problems is life force &death shroud and the way they are designed.

Death shroud can be incredibly powerful in 1v1 situations when you start a fight with high life force, sucks when you start without life force and unlike other defense mechanics other classes have it doesn’t scale vs the number of enemies your fighting.

If life force worked more like energy (or the power that revanents are designed to use) that would be a large leap forward in terms of design & balance.

As for death shroud, it really needs to be redesigned into f1-f5 skills with each consuming a set % of life force per use or per second.

Then necro would be much better designed/balanced and be able to get things like support, boons, stability etc…

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

For a ping pong ball I feel pretty OP. Most ping pong balls can only be white and bounce back and forth. I can turn all sorts of colors and even give people paper cuts sometimes!

As a master of death the only thing I seem to be good at is dying.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: InfectionX.8745

InfectionX.8745

The only thing Necros feel OP at is…giving away bags, or points.

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

You can feel the potential that is always out of your grasp with a necro. Always feel like we are almost there every rung down the year long nerf ladder and that’s the frustrating point because our target keeps dropping too as our expectations do.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Necromancer OP (pressed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

I used to feel op with my necro. Jump into a group of players. Soak up all their damage. Wait for my team to capture objectives. Then help pick everyone off once my team showed up.

Now when i jump into a group of players. I die. Right away. Not even fun anymore x_x