Necromancer October Balance Patch Changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Q:

Traits
Soul Eater: Gain stability while wielding a Greatsword (1 stack for 3 seconds; Boon interval: 3 seconds). Reduce richarge of Greatsword skills by 20%.

Blighter’s Boon: Increased the health gained from this trait by 50%.

Weapon Skills
Death Spiral: This skill now will teleport you to your target.

Nightfall: This skill now apply Blind every second instead of every 2 seconds. Removed cripple.

Skills
Spectral Armor: Using this skill now will allow you to become a ghost, evading attacks for 3 seconds. Gain life force (5%) every time you evade an attack while this skill is active. This skill no longer grants protection.

Spectral Walk: This skill now grants you 15 seconds of swiftness and 6 seconds of superspeed. You may return to your initial position by using spectral recall. Reduce recharge to 40 s.

Spectral Wall: This skill now grants stability instead of protection. Projectiles that pass through the wall will get destroyed and grants life force to you (2%).

Summon Flesh Wurm: This skill now will istantly teleport you to the target area, leaving a flesh wurm to your initial location. Necrotic Traversal remains unchanged.

Signet of Undeath (active): Revive up to three target allies /finish up to three downed enemies in the target area.

Ok, sorry for the troll title
Unfortunately, these are only suggestions. Let me know what you guys think.

(edited by kappa.2036)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

I have read many of your suggestions in other topics from other posters^^
it seems you read the same topics like me, its funny to see that most necs want the same for the class, hope anet read some of your suggestions^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I like the Engi Juggernaut trait for Soul Eater, very nice I still think it would need a slight attack speed boost to become viable though. Just make Reaper’s Onslaught attack speed effect Greatsword too.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I honestly just expect some nerfs to epidemic coupled with minor compensation buffs (like 1/4 sec longer bleeds on scepter aa), a bunch of incredible situational bug fixes and some tooltip changes.

(edited by vicious.5683)

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Traits
Soul Eater: Gain stability while wielding a Greatsword (1 stack for 3 seconds; Boon interval: 3 seconds). Reduce richarge of Greatsword skills by 20%.

By itself good, but in combination with your other GS changes totally OP.

I like that!

Weapon Skills

Nightfall: This skill now apply Blind every second instead of every 2 seconds. Removed cripple.

Skills
Spectral Armor: Using this skill now will allow you to become a ghost, evading attacks for 3 seconds. Gain life force (5%) every time you evade an attack while this skill is active. This skill no longer grants protection.

OP without internal cooldown. Underwhelming with internal 1 second cooldown.

Spectral Walk: This skill now grants you 15 seconds of swiftness and 6 seconds of superspeed. You may return to your initial position by using spectral recall. Reduce recharge to 40 s.

OK. I still don’t like the skill, but ok.

Spectral Wall: This skill now grants stability instead of protection. Projectiles that pass through the wall will get destroyed and grants life force to you (2%).

Why not.

Summon Flesh Wurm: This skill now will istantly teleport you to the target area, leaving a flesh wurm to your initial location. Necrotic Traversal remains unchanged.

I like that.

Signet of Undeath (active): Revive up to three target allies /finish up to three downed enemies in the target area.

That ranged AOE finisher would be totally OP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I honesty just expect some nerfs to epidemic coupled with minor compensation buffs (like 1/4 sec longer bleeds on scepter aa), a bunch of incredible situational bug fixes and some tooltip changes.

lol, that is painfully accurate, it makes me both laugh and cry.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If the next elite trait line is under development, the current ones and weapon skills are probably locked down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

If the next elite trait line is under development, the current ones and weapon skills are probably locked down.

On the contrary traits will be modified wit that elite spec in mind, bitter chill eems to imply this.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Troll titles are not cool, please modify it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Im not even mad about this prank. You actually solved enought problems within necro to make it fun again. Would be awesome

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I wonder how many fail balance patches it will take before suggestion threads die.

#KeepTheNecroDreamAlive

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The Flesh Wurm change is a great idea, actually. I’m not sure how I feel about the others but it’s always fun to brainstorm.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

Traits

Yes please

Weapon Skills

Honestly, I’d much rather prefer it was a leap, maybe like Ranger GS with an evade as well. Necro desperately needs more moveability in order to both chase the enemy and to also kite/run away. Making this a port limits the kiting/running aspect of that completely.

Skills

I love the ghost idea behind this Although I think you should be given a % of LF regardless of whether you evade an attack or not, as well as still being a stunbreak of course.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Thank you all for the feedback bois

Here are some things that I thought:
-The new Soul Eater would combine perfectly with blighter’s boon, providing more sustain while using the greatsword;
-I imagined the new Death Spiral as a similar skill to Flashing Blade (# 2 guardian sword skill). Other options may be: 12 stacks of torment instead of vulnerability (for some sort of power/condi hybrid builds) or a 2 seconds block while you cast the skill.
-The new flesh wurm teleportation while you are casting gravedigger for the deadly combo ;D
-Spectral mastery for a even longer Spectral Armor and a lot of superspeed with Spectral Walk. Also don’t forget Last Gasp (soul reaping minor trait) for something like the engineer double invulnerability.
-The new Signet of Undeath will be a very situational skill. Not OP, but certainly very strong in certain situations. We are not the lords of death?:)

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Blighters Boon really needs a buff indeed. But I don’t think a 50% increase in gained health will solve the issue. It might be better to make it as it was again, in which buffs from allies also triggered this trait, but then with a lower health gain modifier than we have now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Blighters Boon really needs a buff indeed. But I don’t think a 50% increase in gained health will solve the issue. It might be better to make it as it was again, in which buffs from allies also triggered this trait, but then with a lower health gain modifier than we have now.

Self Boon Application without running Spite is so limited that even now this trait is almost useless (in that case only Sigil of Strengh makes it semi-useful). Toning down the healing would make it completely useless for non Spite solo players and nerf Power Reaper even more.

possible change (to solve the “Necro can’t be healed by allies in shroud” issue):

Blighter’s Boon:
-Increase base healing for self applied boons by 50% (~300HP per boon)
-add self healing with a lower multiplicator for boons applied by allies (~100HP per boon)

Problem: This would favor Revenant (Herald) even more because it could be used as a healbot for the teams Reaper.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Self Boon Application without running Spite is so limited that even now this trait is almost useless (in that case only Sigil of Strengh makes it semi-useful). Toning down the healing would make it completely useless for non Spite solo players and nerf Power Reaper even more.

possible change (to solve the “Necro can’t be healed by allies in shroud” issue):

Blighter’s Boon:
-Increase base healing for self applied boons by 50% (~300HP per boon)
-add self healing with a lower multiplicator for boons applied by allies (~100HP per boon)

Problem: This would favor Revenant (Herald) even more because it could be used as a healbot for the teams Reaper.

Yeah current wvw meta even tiny heals per incoming boon would be insane. Might be ok in PvP. The trait kind of brings up a serious issue with necro atm. A lot of traits are almost necessary just to make necro workable (wvw/pvp) and many others are necessary to prop up other traits (spite for bb) just to make them barely useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

About Death Spiral, why don’t make the reaper throw it’s GS in that place and follow it as a shadow? it will count as a Leap, but will be way more cool XD
The problem will be that it’s one of the few (if not the only one) skills that truly work with the Reaper Traits (Decimate Defenses) and if you make it a teleport you will need to shave it’s LF generation, making it really bad, expecially why the GS already don’t have any real good way to build up LF out of that skill (The LF from the AA is really bad compared to dagger AA -our only other melee weapon-).
Make it a Block skill can be better, eventually a directional block (similar to the DH Virtue but with a really small duration, to make an example).

A permanent Stability will be too much, but add it on the GS trait can make it viable, granting us a stack of stability for 3 seconds every time we active a GS skill (instead of that useless gravedigger life steal that make me sad every time I read it).

Make Nightfall blind every seconds would also be a good way to make it viable, also there’s still other classes with similar skills (the thief can spam it’s blind AoE all the time long and is not op at all)

about Blighter Boon, increase it’s HP also by 100% can be good. make it affected by other players boon would make us unkillable. Try to fight a reaper with a revenant that spam boons all the time, he will be always in shroud XD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Gain 5 seconds of Stability (1 stack) when you hit with Gravedigger (no ICD). Remove lifesteal.

That would turn Soul Eater into an actually good trait, IMO.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

I actually enjoyed reading it so much
:( i really thought for a moment this are the changed they will implement .

this are great ideas but i dislike the idea of teleportation with death spiral
over than that i wish everything else was real