Necromancer bug collection..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Please note, describe the bug’s you are running into.
no speculation about patches please or screaming at eachother..

Just write down all bug’s you can think off please..

I saw people mentioning wells being bugged, staff being bugged, marks being bugged and so on.. i would really like to know about these bug’s. so please write a short description below.

If we keep this clean and organized maybe we can offer this tread together with Balefire’s Dead Last topic.

NB: Im going trough the bug forum trying to collect all reported possible bugs, please debunk if incorrect, the better picture we can create the easier the fix will be

Also please put the skill/trait name in bold so people can easily recognize the skill being discussed

stopped at page 80 on bug forum, atm..

Cheers!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Ill start:
-Fear doesn’t interrupt, while it should.
-Rework WishAdept Trait, Ritual of Life, Create a Well of Blood whenever you revive an ally. the well is created after your ally is fully revived. and henche it’s is not usefull.
-Stomping in DS this is a bug abused to be able to stomp in DS. this should be fixed and make stomping in DS a feature.
-Staff marks not activating when someone enters the marks radius, but it does activate when you cast it on top of someone. (the activation mechanics should be looked at.)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

May I correct you?

• Ritual of Life: Always worked this way, it’s not a bug, it’s not bad nor a problem of bad tooltip, it’s probably you wanting it to work another way.
    Consider it this way, if it should proc when you start your ressing action it would be like a free healing, it would be OP enough. No risk, high reward.
ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Taking real damage while in deathshroud.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

@ luke, i reported this months ago, some people told me it was a bug..
Good to know it’s not. shame really because i don’t think anyone would use the trait. ever.. if the WoB would have an ICD i might consider this trait.

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IlMattoCavaliere.4013

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

Signet of undead (from the bug forum)

I was posting on bug directly to have major visibility.

Video of the bug here

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

@Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046:
I used to use it before the Signet of Undead nerf in 2012. So it’s direct experience.

Regarding Singed of Undead and the video… The signet actually generates Life Force every 3 seconds while in combat, where should the bug be?
It must generate LF IN COMBAT not outside of it.
If sometimes it procs multiple time out of time it’s probably because of a minimal packet loss.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

Full life: 18372
1% = 183.72
@0:18 i take the first damage, my life drop to 16781
i was thinking that at 0:21 (or 22) i will get 183 life having 16964 but as you can see i don’t get life (i was thinking that there is an error in the tooltip and it’s 1% of your current life, so i will be healed by 167 but my life stay on 16781)
@0:27 no hit and life stop @16781, 10 second or more in combat, 9 second from the first damage ( like 3 heal missed)

That’s the problem, as the tooltip says: 1%of life every 3sec when you are in combat.
I was in combat withouth life and it wasn’t working (i’ve tested in fractal with no video, next time i will make it for you )

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

1) It develops LIFE FORCE (green bar) not health (red sphere); the health you’re gettin comes from Parasitic Bond (Spite minor)..
2) As far as I know Life Force isnt 100% of your total health, so that 1% isn’t what you say it is.
3) It depends too on your Soul Reaping traits and points;
4) If you count seconds the Life Force generation comes correctly for every time you are in combat;*
5) *As I wrote before the time it jumped it clearly come later in a matter of seconds, that’s probably the consequence for packet loss or bad connection between you and their server.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

~if possible, if a bug is resolved, debunked or explained as normal behavior, please cross out or delete your post..

[ s ] [/ s] crosses your post out.

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

• Somebody told some time ago that multiple Tainted Shackles effects doesn’t stack, so only 1 is applying the torment stacks and the immobilize. It has to be verified.
  • Reaper’s Touch not jumping between minions, it has to be verified.
  • Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend actived abilities are unresponsive, they come after some delay. (I know they have a casting time, but sometimes they delay)
  • Minion’s UI it’s again a mess. Minions Unresponsive, sleeping bad, not attacking in both PVP and PVE
  • Plague Signet once was marked as bugged by the moment its passive didn’t remove conditions from your teammates. It has to be verified. And verify Gathering Plague too by the moment it has a similiar effect.
  • Blood is Power allows the might stacks even if the target hasn’t been hit or you have no target.
  • Corrupt Boon may be blockable. It has to be verified.
  • Flesh Golem is hyrdophobic, it goes on full cooldown touching water.
  • Plague aoe marker depends on the scale of the model. An asura’s marker will be smaller than a norn. It should be just a graphical bug, the effect should hit on the same area.
  • Fetid Consumption (Blood XI) tooltip is wrong, Minions draw conditions from every ally near you not just from yourself. The conditions aren’t drawn they’re removed.
  • Mark of Revival (Soul Reaping VII) doesn’t apply the mark when starting the ress but when the player revived is fully ressed. This was working correctly in early 2013, can’t say if it’s a ninjanerf to prevent the abuse in terror builds.
  • Dark Armor (Death Magic I) doesn’t interact with Deadly Strenght (grandmaster minor from the same line) so not allowing addictional Power.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Lich Form: When summoning bone horrors, the bone horrors repeatedly retreat from combat, or stand around doing nothing. Also, skill number 1 should have auto attack.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

1) It develops LIFE FORCE (green bar) not health (red sphere); the health you’re gettin comes from Parasitic Bond (Spite minor)..
2) As far as I know Life Force isnt 100% of your total health, so that 1% isn’t what you say it is.
4) If you count seconds the Life Force generation comes correctly for every time you are in combat;*
5) *As I wrote before the time it jumped it clearly come later in a matter of seconds, that’s probably the consequence for packet loss or bad connection between you and their server.

My bad.
I will remove the post from the bug forum. Thanks for the explanation (sorry but as you can see my english is not that good so i have misinterpreted it )

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

My bad.
I will remove the post from the bug forum. Thanks for the explanation (sorry but as you can see my english is not that good so i have misinterpreted it )

np.
i also took this as a total bug

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Well known bug, anecdotal description.

-Minion AI Sometimes minions are completely passive throughout the whole fight. This occurs only with the minions with melee attacks, as far as I can tell. It has been this way at least since the start of the eotm patch.

-Minion damage They don’t seem to scale with the power stat at all. I’m assuming this is a bug because the tooltip description does indicate scaling with power.

The Shadow Fiend and Bone Fiend active abilities have significant delays attached to them. Often you have to wait 3-5 seconds between using the ability and getting a result. Lag is not a possible explanation.

I assume this is a correct description of the problem.

From the bug forum: i am not sure if this is looked at.

-Vampiric master Not sure if this has been reported before.
But on the tooltip when you use the II Trait with vampiric master, as you can see in the picture it’s lowered, instead of increased by 20% The damage is increased, but the deal is decreased. (need confirmation)
-Fear of Death Triggers twice, when downed and triggers when stomped.(could use a workover)

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Lich Form: When summoning bone horrors, the bone horrors repeatedly retreat from combat, or stand around doing nothing. Also, skill number 1 should have auto attack.

On that note, if you summon Jhorrors on a wall, half of them will spawn on it and half down next to you randomly instead of as all other marks them spawning appropriate to % of the mark on the wall.

Other stuff:
Lich and Plague form (and all other transforms) tend to not proc Mad King runes

Minions scale up most events (bar summoned ones, not jhorrors)

Signet of the locust has a range indicator despite being PBAOE

Plague Signet can be blinded despite working as a blind removal.

Signet of vampirism passive only procs on actual attacks, not script based damage
Signet of vampirism active doesnt work on Wurm, Tequatl, Claw, etc anymore (since they count as structures)
Tshackles doesnt work on structures.

Bloodthirst interacts weirdly with the following: Sigil of Blood, Sigil of Leeching, Rune of Scavenging, Rune of Vampirism, Signet of the Locust, Signet of Vampirism (usually increasing healing but not damage, on some damage not healing, on some it plain Fs up the power/hpower scaling, and quite often plain doesnt work with them).

Lich form if interrupted after the first part of the animation goes on full cooldown without ever actually getting activated.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-Chilblains (more descriptive)
If you place this mark on the ground and an enemy walks/runs into it the chill part of the skill NEVER affects the enemy. If you place this mark ON an enemy the chill part of the skill ALWAYS affects the enemy.

I can repeat this infinitely and it has been this way for a very long time.
(havn’t tested personally, but assume correct)

-Spiteful Vigor (II in Death Magic) does not proc peroperly on heal activation as it should when well of blood is used and ground target wells trait (VI in Curses- Focused Rituals)nor does it proc on Summon Blood fiend as it should like other on-heal effects do.
(assume correct)

-Master of Terror (needs to be checked) explained.
Increasing fear duration by 50% but actually only 25% or maybe 33%.
1s to 1¼ s and 1½ s to 2s
It is not a tooltips display problem, in game 1½ s fear can apply 2 times of terror damage. It can be test by Doom in 600 range without any extra duration.
But 1¼ s fear with Master of Terror can only apply 1 time of damage.

(not sure about this one, needs to be looked at/explained)

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

-Spiteful Vigor (II in Death Magic) does not proc peroperly on heal activation as it should when well of blood is used and ground target wells trait (VI in Curses- Focused Rituals) nor does it proc on Summon Blood fiend as it should like other on-heal effects do.
(assume correct)

-Master of Terror (needs to be checked) explained.
Increasing fear duration by 50% but actually only 25% or maybe 33%.
1s to 1¼ s and 1½ s to 2s
It is not a tooltips display problem, in game 1½ s fear can apply 2 times of terror damage. It can be test by Doom in 600 range without any extra duration.
But 1¼ s fear with Master of Terror can only apply 1 time of damage.
(not sure about this one, needs to be looked at/explained)

Actually as mentioned, on release week we had a dev plain say, Summon BF is not a heal thus will not proc it, the actual heal/taste of death (i think thats the name of it… i never use BF) will.

MoT – you can apply 2 ticks with just 1 1/4 time on terror, anything above 1 second can proc 2 ticks, its a thing of timing, also remember second 0 exists too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Wow there are a lot of untested things being thrown around here… I have extensively tested Master of Terror and everything around fear and there are no bugs there, other than the tooltip inaccuracies, which are not a big deal to me.

Tainted shackles has an “odd” interaction when there are two necros casting it at the same time. Essentially only one person can initiate the tainted shackle, and if another necro casts his at the same time, the effect (the actual TS debuff) will not reset it’s duration, but will just continue to run.

However it will apply torment from additional necros that “pile” on so to speak, but their length of time to drop the torment incremental applications will only be as long as the first cast. At the end there is ONE immobilize pulse.

The end result being, if multiple necros time it at the same moment, most or all of the appropriate torment will get applied, but only one immoblize pulse. If they time it poorly, the second casting necro may do nothing with his TS at all, save for maybe one torment application.

The chillbains thing is news to me…. i may look into that.

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-DS Hp related (anecdotal, havn’t tested)
For some reason i go into Deathshroud with 100% health and my HEALTH starts going down, this has happened several times today alone. I went into DeathShroud with 100% Health when i came out of Deathshroud i had like 10% health left…

it is kicking me out of Death Shroud when I cast it instantly. It give me a 10 second cooldown and no skill use.

-Breaking water surface bug/or intended.
Using Spectral Walk underwater cancelled when breaking the surface and boon stops, yet the spectral animation continues.
(assume intended, also experienced this behavior)

Necromatic Corruption (Death Magic XII) just doesn’t work. (form the bug forum, not tested)

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Bweaty wrote a little while ago:

-Putrid Mark – Removes ‘some’ condi, and not off allies. (need fix confirmation)

-Foot in the Grave – Only works ‘sometimes’. Example: Twisted Invasions, Can press Breaks Stun + DS & still be chain CC’ed 5 times in a row (server issue/latency also bumped into this mayny times on different prof’s)

-Litch Form – Auto-Attack Auto-Turns-Off. (Wish for default autoattack on all transformations)

-Leaving a Transform – no heals/until buttons for 1sec + lag. DS fix soon (But about the other transformations, i would not know)

-Golem – Die’s when wet. Wish for a 3 sec fizz spell CD, instead of full 1min CD for walking thru a puddle. (known bug)

-Projectiles – Can’t hit our feet/brake us out of roots. Doesn’t hit objects in WvW. (WvW part needs confirmation)

Poison – Doesn’t reduce some heals.
(Andele explained it best with: "some healing effects (including swap sigil siphons) dont get reduced by poison sometimes, rare bug but i think it has to do with the fact that the game sees health gain, siphoning and healing as 3 different things, siphs being in the middle of the road (for example vampiric gets reduced by poison in the rata sum fractal, but the swap sigil proc doesn’t when i use it on my ele in pvp). [i]needs confirmation, explanation, disgarded if fixed)

Weapon Swap in DSAlso DS feels tied to Staff as it’s got highest weap dam/DS dam (Feature Fix)

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Bweaty wrote a little while ago:

-Putrid Mark – Removes ‘some’ condi, and not off allies. (need fix confirmation)

-Foot in the Grave – Only works ‘sometimes’. Example: Twisted Invasions, Can press Breaks Stun + DS & still be chain CC’ed 5 times in a row

-Litch Form – Auto-Attack Auto-Turns-Off. (Wish for default autoattack on all transformations)

-Leaving a Transform – no heals/until buttons for 1sec + lag. DS fix soon (But about the other transformations, i would not know)

-Golem – Die’s when wet. Wish for a 3 sec fizz spell CD, instead of full 1min CD for walking thru a puddle. (known bug)

-Projectiles – Can’t hit our feet/brake us out of roots. Doesn’t hit objects in WvW. (WvW part needs confirmation)

Poison – Doesn’t reduce some heals.
(Andele explained it best with: "some healing effects (including swap sigil siphons) dont get reduced by poison sometimes, rare bug but i think it has to do with the fact that the game sees health gain, siphoning and healing as 3 different things, siphs being in the middle of the road (for example vampiric gets reduced by poison in the rata sum fractal, but the swap sigil proc doesn’t when i use it on my ele in pvp). [i]needs confirmation, explanation, disgarded if fixed)

Weapon Swap in DSAlso DS feels tied to Staff as it’s got highest weap dam/DS dam (Needs confirmation, explanation)

Sadly more than half of these aint necro only bugs or fixable with a easy patch.
FitG happens when the server and client dont sync up, client not detecting stability but server ticking off time from it (on the rare lag spikes that happened during invasions and especially during the first karka event when they were all over i had like 1s stability actually work). Pretty much confirmed if you play from EU on NA/reverse or have bad net.

Putrid is a intended nerf from devs that got pushed aside in the patch notes as a tooltip “fix”, same for DS weapon swap sadly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

I absolutely swear by Ritual of Life as it is because it essentially rewards the Necro for others going down, which I find sublime. And once it pops, it’s almost doubling your healing output.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Well of Corruption - retaliation corruption is bugged. it only gives 1 stack of confusion instead of 3.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Well of Corruption – retaliation corruption is bugged. it only gives 1 stack of confusion instead of 3.

Again pretty sure intended nerf…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Well of Corruption – retaliation corruption is bugged. it only gives 1 stack of confusion instead of 3.

Again pretty sure intended nerf…

Might be, I just want them to come out and say it.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

Wow there are a lot of untested things being thrown around here…

I don’t have time to test them, I just know these bugs are still unfixed.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Who knows, there have been a lot of stealth bug fixes… well a lot of the bugs themselves have been unknown but stuff has steadily been fixed. In comparison to last years 120~100 bugs we are maybe at around 40 (and even so a lot of those can be fixed in groups of 5+)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Simply saying that a bug thread full of may or may-not be bugs is not going to be of any use, unless the thread creater wants to take the time to ferret out the actual bugs from the heresay bugs.

Also I thought all bug threads were suppose to be over in the bug thread forum? Didn’t they close our bug thread here after they moved all of them and swept them under the rug? (like fear interrupting, which was acknowledged as under investigation 6 months ago and then promply never mentioned again)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Spectral Walk ends as soon as you enter Plague (didn’t check about other transformations). This used to not happen, so it’s a bug that came about in one of the latest patches.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fai.2018

Fai.2018

Vampiric rituals trait : this trait works fine by itself with all wells excepts blood well.
The life steal is less there than what is stated for well of blood.
Dont know if thats or intended bc blood well is a heal skil?

Bloodthisrt: this trait works with the minor trait vampiric( which procs on wells pulse)
but when i combine bloodthisrt with vampiric rituals(52dmg—>62dmg),
the vampiric rituals siphon deals less dmg than before (20dmg) while the
minor trait vampiric still does the siphon that is noted(43dmg)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

• Somebody told some time ago that multiple Tainted Shackles effects doesn’t stack, so only 1 is applying the torment stacks and the immobilize. It has to be verified.
  • Reaper’s Touch not jumping between minions, it has to be verified.
  • Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend actived abilities are unresponsive, they come after some delay. (I know they have a casting time, but sometimes they delay)
  • Minion’s UI it’s again a mess. Minions Unresponsive, sleeping bad, not attacking in both PVP and PVE
  • Plague Signet once was marked as bugged by the moment its passive didn’t remove conditions from your teammates. It has to be verified. And verify Gathering Plague too by the moment it has a similiar effect.
  • Blood is Power allows the might stacks even if the target hasn’t been hit or you have no target.
  • Corrupt Boon may be blockable. It has to be verified.
  • Flesh Golem is hyrdophobic, it goes on full cooldown touching water.
  • Plague aoe marker depends on the scale of the model. An asura’s marker will be smaller than a norn. It should be just a graphical bug, the effect should hit on the same area.
  • Fetid Consumption (Blood XI) tooltip is wrong, Minions draw conditions from every ally near you not just from yourself. The conditions aren’t drawn they’re removed.
  • Mark of Revival (Soul Reaping VII) doesn’t apply the mark when starting the ress but when the player revived is fully ressed. This was working correctly in early 2013, can’t say if it’s a ninjanerf to prevent the abuse in terror builds.
  • Dark Armor (Death Magic I) doesn’t interact with Deadly Strenght (grandmaster minor from the same line) so not allowing addictional Power.

About the Minion AI – SO TRUE… Was 1v1’ing against an engineer when I noticed during fight my flesh golem and bone minions were just standing at 900-1100 range away from me watching me fight..

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Random slot skills not working : Corrupt boon, Blood is Power, Signet of spite, plaque signet and epedemic. There maybe more…….

These skills just don t work..

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Chill of Death – Does not activate at 50% hp, activates at 25% trait tooltip was updated but not the actual trait….. TESTED

Random slot skills not working : Corrupt boon, Blood is Power, Signet of spite, plaque signet and epedemic. There maybe more…….

Yes they do

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Chill of Death – Does not activate at 50% hp, activates at 25% trait tooltip was updated but not the actual trait….. TESTED

Yes they do

Actually, they changed it from If enemy under 20%, on next hit cast spinal shivers to if enemy hp 50%, before next hit cast spinal shivers. Now it actually functionally works (it might still be 5% off but its at least functional, what angers me tho is that it now goes on full 20s cd instead of a 3s cd if the target is out of range).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

staff mastery in pvp
tooltip error
mark of blood remains at 6 sec

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Dark FQ.1038

Yes they do

Hmm sry I wasn t specific. The slot skills won t work sometimes. I believe I have a vid up where spite is activated but it won t put any condi at my target (not dodgeing, blocking or out of range).

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

@Dark FQ: Just describe the situation, don’t be so much general..

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Dark FQ.1038

@Dark FQ: Just describe the situation, don’t be so much general.. Elseway it’s just spam.

Alright (The bugs happen sometimes)
-Signet of spite,corrupt boon and blood is power doesn t work if an enemy is moving flank. This is how I experienced it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

Spectral Armor still explicitly states in its tooltip that it is “removed when you enter Death Shroud.” This does not appear to be the case, and I’m pretty sure this was changed quite a while ago (in June). Spectral Walk isn’t removed either.

Death Shroud also states that “entering this form removes other spectral effects,” which is, again, not true. It’s also quite strange that Death Shroud says “other spectral effects,” as if it’s in the same category as the utility skills.

Oh, and of course Putrid Mark still doesn’t say in-game that it now only transfers 3 conditions (although the wiki includes this information).

These are well known, but it bears repeating considering how long it has taken for these tooltips to be updated.

(edited by amiavamp.9785)

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Thanks for the reports, keep em coming..! even if you think it might not be a bug it can be usefull.

Was away for a bit..

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

• Death Shiver (Death Magic IX) when underwater applies 3 stacks of vulnerability on the Necromancer self. It should just apply stacks to enemies.
    Related consequences: you won’t be able to send conditions with Plague Blast.

(edited by Luke.4562)