Necromancer combo's

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hey guys,
Made this new video and also included a ‘combo’ part with tips/tricks/combo’s to do on a necromancer. It is mainly for powermancer but there are also some in there that a conditionmancer ckittene.

Link: http://youtu.be/OnLKuILB5mc

The combo part starts at > 2:06 <

Let me know what you think!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Great Stuff Holl,

thanks for putting that up

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Great Stuff Holl,

thanks for putting that up

Thanks man, appreciated!
Did I forget any combo’s? On an ele it’s easy to do some good combo’s, but on a necro not so much.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Ropechef.6192

even just the ones you had there added a whole bunch of things to try.

i had not thought about the whole well with the staff 4 mark inside trick.

you feel running full glass is the best way to go with it? or would slotting a knight amulet or something be worthwhile?

worth learning in Hot join? or just go for it and hit the solo q?

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Ropechef.6192

random…

would running 6 in curses and a sigil of strength with matching runes be an effective notion? proc more might stacks? hence more power?

or would you still suggest the 6 in Spite?

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

even just the ones you had there added a whole bunch of things to try.

i had not thought about the whole well with the staff 4 mark inside trick.

you feel running full glass is the best way to go with it? or would slotting a knight amulet or something be worthwhile?

worth learning in Hot join? or just go for it and hit the solo q?

Glad you enjoyed it!
I think glass is the best way to go, but I don’t consider it glass because in total you have over 40k HP. And, because of SG, focus #4, dagger AA and reapers precision (<33% chance on crit for 1% LF) you recharge your LF very fast.
Because of this I just want to down my opponent ASAP. The whole ‘necro gets stronger the longer the fight takes’ from Anet is bs.
TL;dr – no I reccomend going full berzerker.

And yea try it out in hotjoint. I played it In sPvP for 2 months before I found out that soloq existed facepalm (was new to the game then)

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

random…

would running 6 in curses and a sigil of strength with matching runes be an effective notion? proc more might stacks? hence more power?

or would you still suggest the 6 in Spite?

It could work in a slightly different build, but the spite GM trait (20%+ dmg under 50%) and soul reaping GM trait (50%+ crit chance in DS) make this build. Also, 30% condition duration will help you stack 20+ vulnerability.

Something to take into account; you can already stack ~24 might max with this build, so more might is not really needed IMO.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

nothing against you OP, great video. I learned a lot.
but just wondering why practically every video i watched is about ppl winning. I have not watched a video where ppl actually posted themselves losing and what can be learned from it for a long time.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Typically people only post videos of themselves either doing things perfectly or in a perfect situation. I think it’s to avoid criticism. And you will be less likely to view this persons videos anymore when you see mistakes they make more often .

If you really wanted you can watch streams of top necros in tpvp matches for some more interesting gameplay than being in the perfect spot in the perfect time and dropping people in 5 seconds.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

nothing against you OP, great video. I learned a lot.
but just wondering why practically every video i watched is about ppl winning. I have not watched a video where ppl actually posted themselves losing and what can be learned from it for a long time.

Winning would show the capabilities of the build, and make people more likely to try out the build. If you’re going to show a build with gameplay of you losing people aren’t gonna try it. Plus, losing would mean something didn’t go right and you probably wouldn’t want to show that :/ I have put a clip of me losing in one of my vids, but that was because I almost downed a person with a well executed combo, but than a 2nd person came along and killed me…

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Winning would show the capabilities of the build, and make people more likely to try out the build.

Actually, losing can show limitations of a build and pin point its capabilities more accurately than winning. It could showcase how far you can push it, if you will.

Also, I could show how I kill people with a really bad build (or even naked and without traits). I doubt anyone would be motivated to try it just because it’s in a video.

I have not watched a video where ppl actually posted themselves losing and what can be learned from it for a long time.

In a long time? Is there someone who makes videos like these?

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Ropechef.6192

Thanks Holl,

I had remembered those traits were in the power line. solid logic with those.

good to know on the might, the vid mentioned that you had some trouble with might stacking, but i may have just misinterpreted that. 20 to 25 might is a good place to be.

Gonna give this one a shot as soon as i can

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Ropechef.6192

So I gave this a go tonight.

lots of fun even though i got my butt handed to me.

Tried the 6 in curses first just to see, and then went to spite. personal opinion follows your notion, the 6 in the power line just synergized better with the build over all. Good call.

things i struggled with:

MM necro.

General:
If it was a 1v1 I held my own considering first time running this style. Soon as someone else showed up I was done for. I found I had more success if I palled up with someone.

this was also the chaos known as hotjoin. It was a good time, Have to see about doing it a little more and getting better at it. Figured a couple more days in the mess before i head into Solo Que for some actual thought..

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Winning would show the capabilities of the build, and make people more likely to try out the build.

Actually, losing can show limitations of a build and pin point its capabilities more accurately than winning. It could showcase how far you can push it, if you will.

Also, I could show how I kill people with a really bad build (or even naked and without traits). I doubt anyone would be motivated to try it just because it’s in a video.

Noone will show off something they cant be proud of. It might be entirely the builds fault for the loss but that loss will still effect your credibility. Its pretty much why noone shows videos of bad plays. Whos going to put effort into uploading something which demonstrates them losing or playing badly unless they are making a point? Only way to see that stuff is to watch streams and stream vods.

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Noone will show off something they cant be proud of. It might be entirely the builds fault for the loss but that loss will still effect your credibility. Its pretty much why noone shows videos of bad plays. Whos going to put effort into uploading something which demonstrates them losing or playing badly unless they are making a point? Only way to see that stuff is to watch streams and stream vods.

+1

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Its pretty much why noone shows videos of bad plays.

Not intentionally anyway. And it’s not like Holl needs to persuade anyone to use his build because it’s pretty much a standard power build. He showcases his skill – or in this case he even explains some combos – which is of course nice to see.
But in regards to losing fights, I wasn’t talking about bad gameplay, but a well played situation in which a good player ends up losing and explains why. Maybe something like “If I used this skill instead… or dodged to the right instead of left…”. I would definitely be interested in seeing videos like that because it would go beyond simple advertising of one’s build and maybe even teach an old necro-dog a few new tricks.

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah but thats something only really committed players would do. Its a lot of effort to show that stuff when its not something you can truly be proud of. The only people I can imagine doing that are experienced players that already have a good following and are asked to create some indepth teach vids. But barely anyone does teaching vids anyway.

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Quick question: I recently watched nemesis’ power DPS necro guide and he went 2 into death magic. While I go 2 in curses. Which is better?

Death magic has boon uptime and toughness which I could use. The minor trait is ok, but the adept traits really don’t fit this build well.

Cursed has condi damage which i don’t use, and precision which is great for this build.
The minor trait is OK because I crit a lot so it will overall do ok dmg, and it will cover my vulnerability so it’s less likely to be cleansed. The adept trait is nice because it allows a constant flow of life force.

Which in your opinion is better?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Curses is clearly better. Nemesis’s reasoning for death magic is his weird build philosophies which make no sense. “Never invest in something we dont use” referring to the condition damage portion of the curses line. Also he used the arguement of bleed stacking, but thats not an issue because noone goes condi anymore in PvE.

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Well I really don’t use this build for PvE so that’s not a problem.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah but the other reason is enough to discount his suggestions. Besides like you said, the extra crit chance is pretty important and bleed as a cover condition is actually really helpful in pvp.

And from the other perspective the toughness and boon duration is going to have pretty much no effect.

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Yeah but the other reason is enough to discount his suggestions. Besides like you said, the extra crit chance is pretty important and bleed as a cover condition is actually really helpful in pvp.

And from the other perspective the toughness and boon duration is going to have pretty much no effect.

I’m only at 39% crit chance with the 10 in curses, while Im aiming for 50%. So yea curses is better? And if I went into death magic, what adept trait would you reccomend?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Necromancer combo's

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well i would never use death magic in the first place. If i had to choose i would use staff mastery or Shrouded removal. But thats like picking the least useless trait of a bad bunch in a bad line.