Necromancer community survey - Post Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.6973

Kill.6973

Doing something that has not been done before on this section, at least from my knowledge. Hopefully this will show ANET where they are standing with their customers.

Who here made one of the three decision after seeing these patch notes, and months of neglect + disrespect ANET has shown the necro community:

1) Quit the profession, and moved onto a different profession.
2) Quit the game.
3) Continuing to give hope in ANET to change and try to listen to the community.
4) Loved the recent patch, still playing the necro.

I’ll start and say i chose number 2, because the necro is the only profession i enjoy and the neglect to key bugs/balance threw me off after waiting since BWE3.

State the number/reason behind your decision.

(edited by Kill.6973)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hugo the Great.1426

Hugo the Great.1426

4.) Still playing and enjoying my Necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Agreed with 2 for exactly the same reason as yourself. I will keep an eye on changes they make but I doubt they will ever recover the “magic” we all wanted the necro to be. We have been ignored and treated with contempt for too long.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

So if you guys are quitting, feel free to Mail me any swag you’re leaving. No sense leaving it behind. Looking forward to logging back into my necra on Wednesday and to actually play for the first time in almost three months. I’ll consider it an early Christmas Gift.

Oh, and I’ll join Hugo and take Number 4. Left Canada enjoying my time spent playing my Necro main, and he’ll be the first character I log back in with upon my glorious return to the homeland!

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

I haven’t made my decision yet. I don’t use my necro for any kind of heavy lifting, and she’s my only viable puzzle-jumper right now (other 2 are Norn and Charr, last slots taken by chars I’m using as bank space).

if I do one of the options, it’ll be 1. Either I’ll start using my bank char warrior actively or roll a Asura Elementalist. They have better freeze durations anyway.

(edited by Manticore Five.9867)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

3.5) Staying and hoping ANet starts working on Necro problems, whilst probably playing a new class.

No reason to quit the game over, that’s just over-reacting.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Glad you enjoy it….it is the neglect and contempt that is pushing me away. I could “get by” with the hotch potch necro as it is but ANet’s treatment of the necro community is intolerable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

3. But I’m putting my necro in the bank until something good happens to the class. It just takes phenomenal amount of effort to make it shine nowadays (it can still shine, but seriously… they’re choking it)

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

So if you guys are quitting, feel free to Mail me any swag you’re leaving. No sense leaving it behind. Looking forward to logging back into my necra on Wednesday and to actually play for the first time in almost three months. I’ll consider it an early Christmas Gift.

Oh, and I’ll join Hugo and take Number 4. Left Canada enjoying my time spent playing my Necro main, and he’ll be the first character I log back in with upon my glorious return to the homeland!

So, let me get this straight. You left to Canada about three months ago, came back without even playing a necro (post-launch) and decided to give your three year old answer “feel free to mail me any swag you’re leaving”.

Interesting logic there. Feel free to reply to this post after playing and agreeing with me your experiences. Judging by the fact you just logged on, you most probably don’t know which skills/traits are bugged, so come back after a week.

Oh and p.s – this is a survey, don’t worry about others matter on things, you are just a typical moron. Moving along now…

(edited by Kill.6973)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

Answer #4 can also be read as “I love this class and I am a PvE carebear”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hugo the Great.1426

Hugo the Great.1426

lol. Sorry I enjoy an aspect of the game over another. Carry on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

No. I left to Europe three months ago, after playing every open Beta, and the game for about 3 weeks post-launch. So yeup. Have played, and have enjoyed watching feeds while away from Canada. Even managed to get my crap netbook traveling toaster to suffer through the Mad King’s finale before I gave up on actually doing anything in the game before coming home.

@Bellocchi: To each their own. PvE is part of the game, no less reason to enjoy it than other aspects of the game.

Now, the crazy thing about surveys, it’s to gather everybody’s opinion on the game. Not just to reinforce your own views. So if this was supposed to be a “I’m quitting” QQ thread, it should probably be renamed because Survey is a little misleading otherwise.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

Now, the crazy thing about surveys, it’s to gather everybody’s opinion on the game. Not just to reinforce your own views. So if this was supposed to be a “I’m quitting” QQ thread, it should probably be renamed because Survey is a little misleading otherwise.

Uh, i did not reply to any other comments that said they either are still playing the game or quiting. No clue where i enforced my own opinions on people.Once again your logic amazes me.

You came out trying to be a troll with the cliche “can i get your stuffz” comment but failed. Try better.
Let me redirect you to this thread —→ https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/December-14-patch-notes-Feedback/first

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fireline.6093

Fireline.6093

1)

80 Necro → 40 mesmer

Lvl 80 Norn Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

5.) this patch had no effect on me. I rolled kittenes in PvP before, I’m still rolling kittenes now.

some of you act like we got nerfed into the ground. this patch wasn’t the “big patch” we might have been lead to believe it would be, but it’s not like we got stripped down and left on cinderblocks in ANet’s front yard.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

4) Still playing and enjoying the hell out of my bloodmage, my guild now always leaves a slot open for my heals, condition purge and signet of undeath, sometimes even kicking pugs to get me in.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

4) Love my class and ill continue to play it. Like ill stop playing a class because it didn’t get buffed in the last patch lol. This tread is pointless… The issues and bugs will be fixed in their due time and classes will be balanced more thoroughly when game reaches certain maturity. I f someone wants to stop playing a class or quit the game no one stops you, no need informing everyone on the forums about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

I’m leveling second necromancer.
Sorry I don’t fit your complain thread. Although I still have complains about necro and like to see some changes… I still enjoy this class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

3) without the sarcasm

I accept we have issues but they are not so major to to discourage me from playing the class I enjoy

As it stands I see the current issues as:
Pet AI
DS UI
Overeliance on staff secondary and underwhelming axe

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

Sorry I don’t fit your complain thread. Although I still have complains about necro and like to see some changes… I still enjoy this class.

What complain thread…people really got to learn the purpose of matters. This is a survey do you not know what the definition of a survey?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sirface.3061

Sirface.3061

2) Quit the game.
I just thought I can try some other games I missed latly. (I will be back again).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Niblit.7452

Niblit.7452

3) but starting to lose hope, i still love my necro but i’d like to see a little more versability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

3.5- just moving to another profession to i see they fix the bugs that annoy me more then anything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I made my necro 3 days ago, craft-leveled it by selling all mats I had for a legendary, and here’s my thought.

I love it. I serious do. I don’t know what all the complaining is about. I can roam around in WvW easily with the new speed boost, win almost any 1v1 battles (never lost yet), rush into a zerg, pop 10+ stacks of bleeding, fear, and life transfer back into our zerg like a boss.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ellimist.2619

Ellimist.2619

3) But I have lost hope for any real sweeping changes. I don’t plan on switching my main class, but I am not pleased with where necros are at right now. Nor do I plan on leaving, just grumbling in the corner with my broken class, lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deadfly.3268

Deadfly.3268

4. Was fine with my necro before the patch, fine with it after the patch. Real no brainer there.

@Kill.6973 Don’t hate on Ratphink.4751 for calling you out on what this post is all about. This is a thinly veiled “QQ i’m quiting post.” When you went back to edit in the 4th option you forgot to switch out the “three decision” part. Crying on these forums has been done before and is getting old.

Who here made one of the three decision after seeing these patch notes, and months of neglect + disrespect ANET has shown the necro community:

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

4. Was fine with my necro before the patch, fine with it after the patch. Real no brainer there.

@Kill.6973 Don’t hate on Ratphink.4751 for calling you out on what this post is all about. This is a thinly veiled “QQ i’m quiting post.” When you went back to edit in the 4th option you forgot to switch out the “three decision” part. Crying on these forums has been done before and is getting old.

Did i forget to put a 4th additional option, to make the answers more diverse? Sure. I thought the third option was reasonable however the options shouldve had more to it, sue me…

Your argument is invalid. I edited it long before he had wrote and even seen that there were three options to start with. I changed it the minute i saw the first reply/post on this thread. I was hating on him because of the troll comment “can i haz your stuff”.

Please you got nothing on me, no one called me out on anything…

The thread title stayed the way it did. A survey.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

#2, but with a bit of #1. I haven’t been playing at all these past few months, since mid october but lately I’ve been trying other classes. I’m having a really hard time getting into the game again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

#4. Although I didn’t like the Defiant change relating to Fear, everything else was a buff for necros. Underwater combat was dull before and the introduction of a lot more combo fields and finishers makes it more interesting. Necros were already some of the top in underwater combat (I’ve soloed a Guardian, the quaggan he just recruited, and 6 or so Krait all simultaneously in WvW. Killed every last one of them too). The buff to Signet of the Locust was nice for running/farming. Terror damage buff and Gluttony buff made things nice as well. Yes, Gluttony is small, but it is at least doing something now.

Finally, Giver weapons are awesome for my conditionmancer-build. Getting 100% bonus Bleed and Fear duration (+80% with everything else) with no points in Spite? Sure!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Deadfly.3268

@Kill.6973

To make them more diverse? All you had where 3 options about whining. You had to add more cause it was a biased survey from the get go and not everyone feels that way about necros.

He trolled you cause you made a QQ post in the guise of a survey and acted like no ones ever done that before. Pretty cut and dry.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

1 leaning toward 2

without a doubt the other classes offer so much more in terms of buffs, damage, and utility, but this is the only class I really enjoy.

The problem is, A-net has no intention of buffing necros, and it seems, every intention of dragging the other classes down to our level.

My grenade engineer went from throwing three 500 damage grenades to throwing three 290 damage grenades… and they called that a 15% damage nerf!

..and they say you can make up that damage loss with two sigils…

Honestly jaw dropping nerfs like that, to classes that weren’t fun to play in the first place, are just baffling to me.

I don’t mind niche classes, but they are nerfing the niches, and now the classes that have become niche classes, like engineers, are completely unplayable.

Guardians are a niche class. Their niche is self healing, and a-net just nerfed the holy hell out of it. So the only real viable option left for guardians is going to be the greatsword.. and I’m sure when all guardians are GS guardians, they will nerf that too.

I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. What the hell are they thinking.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

(edited by Ezeriel.9574)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Crying on these forums has been done before and is getting old.

Ignoring buggy incomplete classes in new MMO’s has been done before and is getting old.

Thanks for showing up…

in Necromancer

Posted by: carlos the dwarf.1038

carlos the dwarf.1038

#3.5 This patch had virtually no effect on the necro unless you’re underwater, which is practically never in wvw and sPVP, and didn’t really need the buffs anyway. Change to defiant is annoying, sig locust buff is decent but we have easy perma swift so really not that useful. I’ll stick with the necro for now for the epidemic lulz in dungeons and wvw

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

The MAJORITY of patches, from what I’ve noticed, affect the gameplay that PvP has on the necro.

Because I play Wellomancer in PvE and Wells are horrible in PvP compared to other skills, imo, I wasn’t affected.

I am happy that Terror was buffed. I didn’t have it on before. Now I do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

2)
But i do check the patch notes to see if anything interesting is coming up that makes it worth trying again. So yeah i quit or put the game on standby.

Still see the core problem with necro is the “high health” + “Death Shroud” combo making it impossible to balance without having all skills feel weak.

And ofc the horrible DS ui, minion ai, no melee cleave, no hp regen on minions.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

@Kill.6973

To make them more diverse? All you had where 3 options about whining. You had to add more cause it was a biased survey from the get go and not everyone feels that way about necros.

He trolled you cause you made a QQ post in the guise of a survey and acted like no ones ever done that before. Pretty cut and dry.

um three options
1) quit the game
2) quit the profession, to a different one
3) continue to hope on ANET to change and listen to the community

WTF is the problem with those three? Still you forget, because your reading comprehension fails, that i changed it after the first poster. Bro you are just really dumb, you are making yourself look really bad.

Please just leave…go troll somewhere else

(edited by Kill.6973)

in Necromancer

Deadfly.3268

Ignoring buggy incomplete classes in new MMO’s has been done before and is getting old.

Thanks for showing up…

And blowing the problems out of proportion has been done before and is getting old.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

6) Ignore the idiots whining and making flame bait posts and appreciate what we have as a class.

I like the underwater buffs, as fighting underwater in general is a humongous pain in the kitten Locust and gluttony buffs are also very nice. Makes it easier for my axe build to get over 50% meter so that I can get the damage buff.

Yeah, I’m a bit frustrated that Necros need a bit more, but Anet is sincerely trying to find ways of helping the class out without making them OP. I prefer the bit by bit approach they’ve been taking rather than just throwing a bunch of crap out at once and then causing all hell to break lose. The majority of the people complaining are probably just the typical whiny children that want everything to be fixed ASAP and anything less makes them feel inadequate.

I mean, last night fractals I was hitting 4k Ghastly Claws in my axe build. Sure, I’m still improving my gear, but that damage, combined with the Gluttony buff, means that I had no shortage of meter. All those speed buffs is also only going to mean good things when I start working on my vampiric dagger build.

TL;DR: Shut the kitten up and stop whining like children just because you’re not the OP flavor of the month. Trust me, it’s not as fun as you may think.

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Thanks for showing up…

And blowing the problems out of proportion has been done before and is getting old.

what problems are you talking about specifically?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

6) Ignore the idiots whining and making flame bait posts and appreciate what we have as a class.

I like the underwater buffs, as fighting underwater in general is a humongous pain in the kitten Locust and gluttony buffs are also very nice. Makes it easier for my axe build to get over 50% meter so that I can get the damage buff.

Yeah, I’m a bit frustrated that Necros need a bit more, but Anet is sincerely trying to find ways of helping the class out without making them OP. I prefer the bit by bit approach they’ve been taking rather than just throwing a bunch of crap out at once and then causing all hell to break lose. The majority of the people complaining are probably just the typical whiny children that want everything to be fixed ASAP and anything less makes them feel inadequate.

I mean, last night fractals I was hitting 4k Ghastly Claws in my axe build. Sure, I’m still improving my gear, but that damage, combined with the Gluttony buff, means that I had no shortage of meter. All those speed buffs is also only going to mean good things when I start working on my vampiric dagger build.

TL;DR: Shut the kitten up and stop whining like children just because you’re not the OP flavor of the month. Trust me, it’s not as fun as you may think.

Go back to your Fractals, PvE hero, we’re discussion serious things in here.

in Necromancer

Deadfly.3268

Thanks for showing up…

Calling the class “buggy incomplete” is what i was referring to.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

@Kill.6973

um three options
1) quit the game
2) quit the profession, to a different one
3) continue to hope on ANET to change and listen to the community

WTF is the problem with those three? Still you forget, because your reading comprehension fails, that i changed it after the first poster. Bro you are just really dumb, you are making yourself look really bad.

Please just leave…go troll somewhere else

The problem is i’m a troll that like to make false assumptions and i like to whine and moan at people. There are plenty other threads out there stating the problems with the necromancer with no red post, go try to fix it there. These forums need a bunch of new posts filled with people trying to make the class better. brrrrroooo.

Fixed the post for you.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

Hmm interesting

Complaining over a complaint. Crying over a cry. The real child is you, no one here is cursing and banging their heads on the pc (with the exception of Deadfly.3268).

in Necromancer

Posted by: HamOnRye.6048

HamOnRye.6048

For those of you using option 2 you can get your $59.99 bucks back on a refund. I just got confirmation that they would refund the box price, and I was outside the 60 day window.

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Thanks for showing up…

Calling the class “buggy incomplete” is what i was referring to.

and how is that an exaggeration in any way, shape or form?
what do you feel is blown out of proportion?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

I’m going no.3

I’m going to keep playing my Necromancer as my main because this exact thing happened with guild wars 1 we were one of the last classes to get balanced…. We became the best attrition class after the balance but it took them so long to put it in place….. like nightfall was out by the time they got around to us So I’m going to hold out hope that they can get us fixed by exp.1 or 2……. The class isn’t as buggy or weak as others say but it does need quiet a few tweaks to really live up to it’s potential as a attrition based class….. ATM though we are just outclassed as attrition by thief/mes/engie…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I’m going to go with 3 but leaning towards 2. I don’t really have an issue with there vision for the class. I signed up figuring I would be placing DoT’s, spreading disease, and outlasting opponents. Problem is what they saw we are supposed to be is NOT what we are. The frusterating thing as that this class could be fine with very minor changes as fixes. We arent asking for a huge overhaul, just to fix what is broken and maybe add the option to have on par burst for pvp (which I believe should come at a cost of some of our other skills if we choose that route). Still, I an completely outraged at Anet themselves which is pushing me towards #2. The treatment of the community, overall lack of very basic fixes, and blatant bait and switch tactics of leading us on then screwing us (and other classes) over repeatedly is getting to an un-paralleled level. At heart the game and the class ARE good, but as someone who has been playing MMO’s for the better part of a decade I have never seen a company behave in such an arrogant and deceitful manner.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

2. Nothing interesting to do with my necro in pve anymore. Never enjoyed the WvW here, and Spvp is still lacking.

I’m mostly burnt out on the game overall, so I’m quitting and will just be watching for changes that will come extremely slowly.

If they allow a class change I may turn my necro into a mesmer and enjoy another few weeks of playing who knows, way too boring leveling up another character. =/

I have other games atleast, Torchlight 2, Orcs Must Die 2, steam sale incoming, Dragon Nest (has SUPERIOR combat than here yessum!)

(edited by Knote.2904)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I stopped playing about 2-3 weeks ago, with intentions to return when PvP is more enjoyable and balanced (balance isn’t too bad to be fair, it’s just extremely 1 dimensional, game modes/viable builds).

I was looking forward to the December patch as it was supposed to be a big balance update, but after reading the notes I was so disappointed, like 50% of the class changes were underwater combat, which very few actually care about.

Will just have to wait until the January patch, which was also promised as a balance patch, to see if they actually make the buffs and nerfs that are so desperately needed….even though I know for sure they won’t.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exodrim.6312

Exodrim.6312

2. Unfortunally…

I have 600h on my necro and i play this class when the beta start…. Arenanet you must take the necro on the top of your priority before the others.