Necromancer downed state bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.7430

Tristan.7430

Sometimes,
when i go down, i get defeated in couple seconds, receving only ~8k dmg (from log). Also it seems I do not get invulnerability at all, when I go down. I have no deathpenalty and my toughness is around 1500 and 23k hp

Trist N
Officer in Necro Raiders [NR] | Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Sometimes,
when i go down, i get defeated in couple seconds, receving only ~8k dmg (from log). Also it seems I do not get invulnerability at all, when I go down. I have no deathpenalty and my toughness is around 1500 and 23k hp

No one knows why, but it has been like that for quite sometime. It’s happens to everyone randomly, the worst is when you are in DS at low health pop out and insta-death with no record of you being hit for anything bad.

My guess is it’s a A-net server error that registered damage to you but the delay just caught up to you ;p. I actually have no idea why and no one else does either. It happens so randomly and so wide between times that no one can accurately say what happens.

in Necromancer

Tristan.7430

Are devs able to repair it? because it is gamebreaking bug with current rally system

Trist N

in Necromancer

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

There is something fishy about necro’s downstate. Not always, but sometimes I am almost insta-killed in downstate.

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Same thing,

Yesterday I was roaming in WvW. I’M pretty glassy but I was using 50% more damage in downed and the food that give 100% more hp in downed and 20% more damage. (Was running it for fun :P)

Sadly, I was dying really freaking fast. like 1-2 sec and I was dead. Not sure what’s happening but our HP in downed state doesn’t seems right.

Usually when I’m downed, I can do a lot of damage and if they don’t stomp me, they will have a hard time.

But yesterday, It was really weird. Sometime it looked ok, but many time 1-2 guys hitting me would kill me in 2 second. Wasn’t like that before, especially when I use 100% more hp in downed food.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Are devs able to repair it? because it is gamebreaking bug with current rally system

It happens to a few other classes as well, but from my understanding of talking to players the Necro seems to be hit the most. I have no idea why, and I am not sure anyone ever asked a dev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

That… would explain a lot actually… it never did seem like it sucked so bad in theory.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I’ve DEFINETLY noticed this happening various times (especially when comparing survivablity with other classes in downed state vs lupicus blasts)

We need to keep this up.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

So I performed some testing about this issue.

First off I’m assuming following premises are true:
1) Downed state health is directly in related to your normal health.
2) Downed state damage taken per tick is a percentage of your downed health.

Me as a necromancer and my friend as an elementalist simply got downed against a normal wolf without any special abilities (besides summoning another when low health) and we watched how much damage we got each second when not using bandage. This was done in PvE, in a level 80 zone.

My necromancer had 19453 health while elementalist had 17019. My necromancer was damaged while downed at a rate of 486 hp per tick, while the elementalist was damaged 1276 per tick.

Assuming the premises are true, and if I had same downed health as the ele, I should’ve been damaged by (19453/17019)x1276=~1458 health per tick.
Instead I only got damaged by 486 per tick. Roughly, that means elementalist in general (cant speak of other professions yet) has (19453/17019)x1276/486)=~3 TIMES MORE health than necromancer in downed state.

That is all for now.

It may need more testing such as counting all resurrection ticks to get the real downed health calculated, taking the reviving while in both downed and defeated and in combat/out of combat, recording the downed health bar while taking damage and testing it with all professions and in the mists. Also comment if my premises are false and what it could change.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Targuil.3741)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

So I performed some testing about this issue.

First off I’m assuming following premises are true:
1) Downed state health is directly in related to your normal health.
2) Downed state damage taken per tick is a percentage of your downed health.

Me as a necromancer and my friend as an elementalist simply got downed against a normal wolf without any special abilities (besides summoning another when low health) and we watched how much damage we got each second when not using bandage. This was done in PvE, in a level 80 zone.

My necromancer had 19453 health while elementalist had 17019. My necromancer was damaged while downed at a rate of 486 hp per tick, while the elementalist was damaged 1276 per tick.

Assuming the premises are true, and if I had same downed health as the ele, I should’ve been damaged by (19453/17019)x1276=~1458 health per tick.
Instead I only got damaged by 486 per tick. Roughly, that means elementalist in general (cant speak of other professions yet) has (19453/17019)x1276/486)=~3 TIMES MORE health than necromancer in downed state.

That is all for now.

It may need more testing such as counting all resurrection ticks to get the real downed health calculated, taking the reviving while in both downed and defeated and in combat/out of combat, recording the downed health bar while taking damage and testing it with all professions and in the mists. Also comment if my premises are false and what it could change.

If you were using your 1 attack while downed, than you need to remember it heals :P.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Snip

If you were using your 1 attack while downed, than you need to remember it heals :P.

I didn’t use it but it wouldn’t have made much relevance to this as you continue to get damage in downed normally. I dont know exactly how much health we have in downed but I assume you’d need ~150ticks of ~200 healing it heals (vampirism helps it a bit), to make things equal. If you somehow can survive that long in downed, chances are you could’ve just used bandage and healed up much faster anyway. In almost any realistic situation you’re not going to get even CLOSE with those who enjoy 3 times more downed health.

(edited by Targuil.3741)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This would explain why once i go down I get finished off so quick. Most things will kill me in downed state in 1 or 2 hits whereas on other classes its fine even with full zerker. Also I always feel bandage heals alot more/faster and builds up quicker on any class other than the necro. life transfer doesnt even counteract the degen while downed. Downed state on necro definately needs to be looked at.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

This would explain why once i go down I get finished off so quick. Most things will kill me in downed state in 1 or 2 hits whereas on other classes its fine even with full zerker. Also I always feel bandage heals alot more/faster and builds up quicker on any class other than the necro. life transfer doesnt even counteract the degen while downed. Downed state on necro definately needs to be looked at.

I can’t comment bandage as I haven’t really played any other class besides necro, but I assume it also ticks for some percentage of your downed health making it equal speed to others.

About the life leech, if nobody damages you while in downed, but you are actually in range of something, you can rally from spamming life leech over and over. Though this may need some special foods like mango pie (gives health every second) or omnomberry ghost (lifesteal chance on crit), or the bloodthirst trait. In that scenario its better to just bandage most of the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I can’t comment bandage as I haven’t really played any other class besides necro, but I assume it also ticks for some percentage of your downed health making it equal speed to others.

About the life leech, if nobody damages you while in downed, but you are actually in range of something, you can rally from spamming life leech over and over. Though this may need some special foods like mango pie (gives health every second) or omnomberry ghost (lifesteal chance on crit), or the bloodthirst trait. In that scenario its better to just bandage most of the time.

Well it hasnt worked in my experience while using lifesteal traits and lifesteal food. Though i guess its possible it works with mango pie seeing as the hp pool while downed seems to be very low. It does get your hp up a bit for the first couple of seconds but then the degen starts to get a little more painfull. Ive never once managed to heal myself to rally with life leech i either had to avoid damage and use bandage (slowly) or kill a mob or wait for a teammate. And seeing as i seem to die so fast in downed state if something still has aggro on me, I need my teammates to be very fast. Its a bit of a pain but thankfully i dont get killed often enough for it to really bug me.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Well it hasnt worked in my experience while using lifesteal traits and lifesteal food. Though i guess its possible it works with mango pie seeing as the hp pool while downed seems to be very low. It does get your hp up a bit for the first couple of seconds but then the degen starts to get a little more painfull. Ive never once managed to heal myself to rally with life leech i either had to avoid damage and use bandage (slowly) or kill a mob or wait for a teammate. And seeing as i seem to die so fast in downed state if something still has aggro on me, I need my teammates to be very fast. Its a bit of a pain but thankfully i dont get killed often enough for it to really bug me.

Degen in downed is constant, it doesn’t change unless you use bandage. For me the biggest problem of this issue comes in wvw zerging. When you get down, chances are you die. Much higher chances than any other profession in downed if you don’t take aoe tagging into consideration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

My Necro doesn’t die, so this isn’t a concern.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Anyone else has any constructive insight on this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

I noticed too that I die pretty fast while downed, but it doesnt seem to be always the case.

Just a thought here, our DS was our old down mechanic, could it still be tied one way or another to how many “life” we get while down? My DS bar is normally empty when I’m down, that’s the only explanation I can see vs another class.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

I noticed too that I die pretty fast while downed, but it doesnt seem to be always the case.

Just a thought here, our DS was our old down mechanic, could it still be tied one way or another to how many “life” we get while down? My DS bar is normally empty when I’m down, that’s the only explanation I can see vs another class.

Makes sense it could be that as so far necro is the only class i’ve noticed to have such weakness and the only one to have his downed state changed. In fact, It could be that necro has exactly same hp in downed as normally. It’s tough to calculate though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Minor nitpick – DS wasn’t exactly the old down state. When you hit 0 hp you would automatically go into DS. When DS ran out you would go down. They changed it because they wanted to add more skill to the class. Pretty sure they talked about this in the last SotG.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Frig it.

Could someone please take a necro into the mists with a buddy, and experiment with HP with 0 and 100% LF, then also as another class with the same toughness and HP?

This is the sort of thing one should be able to test in 5 minutes rather than debate over 5 days. I’d do it myself but I’m halfway thorugh cooking

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Time to bring some math to the table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmyNeYH2QDd_dEV2ZUZuRTVjUHRsWUdDNHVuNllNbXc&usp=sharing
Excuse my horrible table-editing skills.

Everything was done in lvl80 area with lvl80 character and heart of the mists.
What we can see here is whole a lot of rounding errors due to game rounding numbers. That aside, numbers in PvP are virtually same, every profession is equal in terms of downed health. In PvE however, we can notice a huge anomaly. Necromancer’s Health/Tick ratio roughly 40,0 while other professions have roughly 13,3. This is important to get every profession on same footing as test professions had different amounts of maximum health.

Conclusion: Necro takes 1/3 of the tick at same maximum health as the other professions. As things work with percentages, it means that there is 2 possiblities, one of which is highly unlikely.

1)Necro has 1/3 of the downed health compared to other professions.
2)Necro takes 1/3 per tick compared to downed health compared to other professions.

And here we disprove that: I made my self down, counted the ticks it took me to die from first down. I died on 31th tick. The elementalist did the same and counted 31 also. With the higher ticks.

Final conclusion: Necromancer in PvE has 1/3 of the downed health compared to every other profession in the game. This issue does not exist in PvP.

Other things I tested but not include in spreadsheet:
Healing power has ZERO effect (WvW bonus may have effect, can’t really test it reliably, though it wont matter in this case, everything was tested at same bonus %)
Ticks are directly increased in same ratio as your maximum health increases.
Current deathshroud % (or maximum deathshroud if traited) has ZERO effect

(edited by Targuil.3741)

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

No feedback at all? I guess it doesnt matter that we have 67% less downed health in more than half of the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

very… interesting… just wondering, how does this affect allies who start reviving you in comparison to other classes being revived?

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

kitten’s sake ANet, get a kittening grip already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Wow I knew there was something fishy when downed!

Did you post it in the bug section of the forum?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Sadly, this’ll jsut get added to the list of kitten which wouldn’t have gone live if ANet had a halfway decent QA team, and then to the list of kitten ANet would know about if they actually read the necro forums.

Your work, Targuil, is exceptional. Unfortunately the work of ANet cannot be said to be of the same standard.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

very… interesting… just wondering, how does this affect allies who start reviving you in comparison to other classes being revived?

From my observations and assumptions, you are healed by the same percentage as other professions, and because we have this disadvantage we receive 67% less healing when others try to heal us. In practice this means its much easier to out-damage a downed necro whos getting healed in addition to having less overall downed health.

Sadly, this’ll jsut get added to the list of kitten which wouldn’t have gone live if ANet had a halfway decent QA team, and then to the list of kitten ANet would know about if they actually read the necro forums.

Your work, Targuil, is exceptional. Unfortunately the work of ANet cannot be said to be of the same standard.

I posted the same thing on bug repost section. I really hope they read it.

E: A random observation: When I counted the ticks down and died on the 31 (31 because it seems to round down, so you survive 30th which should probably be when you die), I thought if I could figure out the exact downed health we have. Assuming downed state without penalties starts at 75%/100%, or 3/4, we can multiply the number of ticks taken by 4/3 to get the total downed health lost from ticks, which is the whole bar. 40*482=19280. And my necromancer had 19291 health. If we assume there is a rounding error there, the numbers look pretty much identical to me. That means in PvE, necromancer’s downed state is 100% of his normal health, while other professions have 300%. You can do the same calculation for other professions and end up with 300%. Easiest way to test this is to down vs random single animal without damaging it at all, have a friend to kill the mob so it doesnt attack you even once when you are downed, count all ticks it takes for you to die and do the calculation.

(edited by Targuil.3741)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

All that testing seems to concur my first thought: We had DS as a buffer between death, so our down state health was lower to compensate for the “double” downed state.

Now that DS is no longer a death effect, our health was not buffed to compensate.

I can only see this as to why our downed health was so low to begin with. Or it’s a very bad typo from a programmer.

Really nice testing by the way! Kudos to you!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

All that testing seems to concur my first thought: We had DS as a buffer between death, so our down state health was lower to compensate for the “double” downed state.

Now that DS is no longer a death effect, our health was not buffed to compensate.

I can only see this as to why our downed health was so low to begin with. Or it’s a very bad typo from a programmer.

Really nice testing by the way! Kudos to you!

Thanks, I’ve never used google spreadsheets before and graphs even less so I couldn’t figure everything out, but it should show the message clearly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alex.7364

alex.7364

so in other words its just another nail in the coffin for the few select group playing necromancer ? just another “downside” to chosing necro ?
The funny part is ive read posts from original gw1 players who are crazyly enjoyng beating the C**P out of us necro because it was such a “op” class in gw1& now its just a nuisance

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

so in other words its just another nail in the coffin for the few select group playing necromancer ? just another “downside” to chosing necro ?
The funny part is ive read posts from original gw1 players who are crazyly enjoyng beating the C**P out of us necro because it was such a “op” class in gw1& now its just a nuisance

There is no stable argument to defend that mistake. Anet WILL fix it. When it’s happening is another story…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

There is no stable argument to defend that mistake. Anet WILL fix it. When it’s happening is another story…

well the thief community found a bug last patch and it was emergency patched in a day or two.

We on the other hand have bugs that have existed since launch that are as easy to fix as changing the range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

From my observations and assumptions, you are healed by the same percentage as other professions, and because we have this disadvantage we receive 67% less healing when others try to heal us. In practice this means its much easier to out-damage a downed necro whos getting healed in addition to having less overall downed health.

I posted the same thing on bug repost section. I really hope they read it.

E: A random observation: When I counted the ticks down and died on the 31 (31 because it seems to round down, so you survive 30th which should probably be when you die), I thought if I could figure out the exact downed health we have. Assuming downed state without penalties starts at 75%/100%, or 3/4, we can multiply the number of ticks taken by 4/3 to get the total downed health lost from ticks, which is the whole bar. 40*482=19280. And my necromancer had 19291 health. If we assume there is a rounding error there, the numbers look pretty much identical to me. That means in PvE, necromancer’s downed state is 100% of his normal health, while other professions have 300%. You can do the same calculation for other professions and end up with 300%. Easiest way to test this is to down vs random single animal without damaging it at all, have a friend to kill the mob so it doesnt attack you even once when you are downed, count all ticks it takes for you to die and do the calculation.

now we just need someone to come in here and tell us how we would be so OP if we were equal to other classes in downed health and then rattle off a bunch traits and abilities as if the rest of us had never heard of them before…

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

I would just point them to look how things are in pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guenselmann.9637

Guenselmann.9637

This might explain why I always feel that my Warrior (even when full Zerker) is much more durable when downed and attacked by some trash mobs compared to my full rabid Necro with more Toughness and HP.

Thank you for the great investigations!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

This makes a lot of sense. I’ve found that my Guardian nearly always recovers from the downed state, but my necromancer pretty much never does. Sure, I’m not a very skilled player but I’m glad to know it may not be 100% because of my play style.

I’m glad to see it was posted in the bugs forum. I really hope they fix this.

(edited by Mimir.4690)

in Necromancer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Well that explains why my necro dies so much faster than my other characters after being downed in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Okay, I tested this a bit. I don’t know if it makes you feel any better, but I’m adding it to the list at the top of the forum.

One thing to note: your spreadsheet makes a point of the health per tick : total health ratio, but it doesn’t point out that between professions a tick of health constitutes the same percentage of their downed state health. As it is I was confused for a bit because it implied that necromancers take less damage than other classes from the downed state degen. (On a static scale they do, but on a % scale relative to their downed health pool, they’re the same as all other professions.) Maybe you could add another row that shows the size of the downed health pool for each profession, and compare that to their ‘standing’ health pool?

Edit: For the record, does this show up in WvW as well? It tends to use the same numbers as PvE, but there have been exceptions to that rule.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

I always consider myself double-downed if I go down on a Necro. Fortunately the class is so strong that it kind of evens out, but it’s easy to the naked eye to see that there is something off about necro downed state.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Okay, I tested this a bit. I don’t know if it makes you feel any better, but I’m adding it to the list at the top of the forum.

One thing to note: your spreadsheet makes a point of the health per tick : total health ratio, but it doesn’t point out that between professions a tick of health constitutes the same percentage of their downed state health. As it is I was confused for a bit because it implied that necromancers take less damage than other classes from the downed state degen. (On a static scale they do, but on a % scale relative to their downed health pool, they’re the same as all other professions.) Maybe you could add another row that shows the size of the downed health pool for each profession, and compare that to their ‘standing’ health pool?

Edit: For the record, does this show up in WvW as well? It tends to use the same numbers as PvE, but there have been exceptions to that rule.

True enough, it could be confusing. I pointed out it was wrong later on that post. It isn’t included in the spreadsheet either because I don’t have accurate information for all classes regarding to that. Just necromancer and elementalist. Still, dying after same amount of ticks (precicely 30, but in reality 31 as ticks are rounded down), and assuming your first downed state starts at 3/4 of your downed health, we can say clearly how things are. As necro doesn’t follow same rules as other professions, there might also be another profession which does not follow these rules same way as other professions and my test wouldn’t detect all of those. This is just enough to know that necromancer downed state in it’s very basic calculations is in serious disadvantage compared to elementalist and VERY (99% sure) likely compared to other professions.

And yes, it applies to PvE and WvW as those follow almost same rules.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alex.7364

alex.7364

enyone else notice that fear dosen’t always work in wvw? oh and tested it also with e down state in wvw we die instantly almoust when down while other clases are so strong that u think there not even downed yet…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atrabelos.7584

Atrabelos.7584

I think it’s safe to say that with this bug intact, the Necromancer now officially surpasses the Engineer for the honor of the worst downed state in the entire game. Our life-leeching attack is decent, our single-target fear is very weak, and our third skill is nearly unusable – but on top of this we also get 1/3rd of the health as any other profession in the game.

I’m personally very surprised at how nobody found this out sooner. But a core mechanic of the game being bugged out on 1/8th of players is a pretty huge thing. Patiently waiting a quick resolution to this issue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

True enough, it could be confusing. I pointed out it was wrong later on that post. It isn’t included in the spreadsheet either because I don’t have accurate information for all classes regarding to that. Just necromancer and elementalist. Still, dying after same amount of ticks (precicely 30, but in reality 31 as ticks are rounded down), and assuming your first downed state starts at 3/4 of your downed health, we can say clearly how things are. As necro doesn’t follow same rules as other professions, there might also be another profession which does not follow these rules same way as other professions and my test wouldn’t detect all of those. This is just enough to know that necromancer downed state in it’s very basic calculations is in serious disadvantage compared to elementalist and VERY (99% sure) likely compared to other professions.

As it is, I think your information is sufficient as long as the 30 ticks of degen to die rule is constant. (Or at least near-constant, give or take say 2 ticks.)

And I’ll note that it’s in WvW in my thread. Also, this could explain some of the ‘instant death’ effects people are seeing in other threads: say for a particular profession, taking 5000 damage between dropping into downed and the UI makes them ‘start’ at 1/2 health. Doesn’t sound too crazy, right? But for a necromancer with similar health, that same damage would drop them straight to defeated, before the UI even pops up.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atrabelos.7584

Atrabelos.7584

I can confirm that it happens to classes other than the Elementalist. On a whim, I decided to take out and test this theory in Cursed Shores with both my necromancer and my ranger, each of whom had roughly 22,000 health. While my necromancer lost 534 HP per tick in downed state, my ranger lost 1663 – just over 3 times the amount, which synchs up very well because I think that my ranger has a bit under 1k HP more than my necro.

I tested to see if there was some glitch in the game coding that was linking up Death Shroud HP to downed state HP, but nope. The amount of HP I lost stayed at 534 with 0 points in Soul Reaping and 30 points.

Beyond the shadow of a doubt, the Necromancer has 1/3rd the downed state HP. The data is pretty conclusive, and it’s noticeable even without testing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I think the reduced HP is probably to balance the healing on his 1 downed skill. Still, I’m pretty sure there’s a bug somewhere, which triggers randomly, because getting one shot by PvE normal mobs while downed is NOT normal. Even with red downed penalty on other classes I’ve been able to take more hits than on necro with no downed penalty. It just seems to be random, because I know I can take quite some hits, but sometimes just one hit and you’re dead, and not even from bosses.

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

The fact you cannot argue it on balance is based on few things: The healing from first skill is only relevant and has some impact because we have lower downed health so we get lower ticks while in downed so that the low.(And chances are you could just bandage anyway and be way more effective). Second thing is that every other class has something in it’s first downed skill too (except maybe warriors, unless it’s damage, not sure about eles). Thiefs have bounce+cripple, mesmers confusion, rangers bleed etc. Yet all of their downed health is identical.

This does not trigger randomly, it happens every time, at least at lvl80. I haven’t tested below that or downleveled but i’m fairly sure this doesn’t affect it in anyway. It’s just a missing multiplier in equation that dictates necro’s downed health in pve.

in Necromancer

Tristan.7430

Today I tested a downed state and necro really has a 1/3 hp of other classes.

I think this is a problem big problem especially in the WVW, where enemy get quick res from necro. But I doubt that we will see the bug fix, because devs probably dont read this forum.

Trist N

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Today I tested a downed state and necro really has a 1/3 hp of other classes.

I think this is a problem big problem especially in the WVW, where enemy get quick res from necro. But I doubt that we will see the bug fix, because devs probably dont read this forum.

They do, we even got a developer post regarding epidemic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

The fact you cannot argue it on balance is based on few things: snip

Don’t forget that probably the strongest argument that is not intentional and in place for balance reasons is that the bug does not exist in sPvP.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer