Necromancer in PVE??

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: Willycat.7310

Willycat.7310

Hi guys,I would like to get some suggestions/advice from everyone.

I am making my next character so I was interested in Necromancer,But everyone says Necro arent good in dungeons/fractals(Selfish class,cant cleave,lower DPS than Elementalist)

What I love about them is that they have good survivalbility,I am not sure about DPS.I am now very troubled over Necro or Ele

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

necros are good in pve. id recommend spoj’s build thats pinned in this forum.
that said pretty much everything we can do for the pve aspect of the game can be preformed better by a different class.

on the complete other side of the coin in pvp/wvw necros excel in a number of roles. keep this in mind if youre going to level a necro. theres more to the game than stacking AI.

good luck with it.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Willycat.7310

Hows the survivalbility with Necro Vs Eles?

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ele has a lot more options to survive but when going glass it is very unforgiving. Many attacks will near enough 1shot you if you miss time an evade, block or invuln. Necro has a lot easier time in this regard but also only has the base dodges + extra if you use energy sigils. This is enough for most situations but it can make some encounters difficult if you arent familiar with them.

Its a case of whether you want plenty of options and you trust your knowledge and ability to time things right (This may take practise and experience to get to this point with an ele). Or if you dont mind missing a dodge or two and still living because of your larger hp pool and DS. Basically you are sacrificing damage and utility for passive defence on the necro. Whereas Ele sacrifices passive defence for superior damage, utility, buffing and active defence.

Utility and damage wise ele is far superior to necro in every way. But it is harder to play well.

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Willycat.7310

Ele has a lot more options to survive but when going glass it is very unforgiving. Many attacks will near enough 1shot you if you miss time an evade, block or invuln. Necro has a lot easier time in this regard but also only has the base dodges + extra if you use energy sigils. This is enough for most situations but it can make some encounters difficult if you arent familiar with them.

Its a case of whether you want plenty of options and you trust your knowledge and ability to time things right (This may take practise and experience to get to this point with an ele). Or if you dont mind missing a dodge or two and still living because of your larger hp pool and DS. Basically you are sacrificing damage and utility for passive defence on the necro. Whereas Ele sacrifices passive defence for superior damage, utility, buffing and active defence.

Utility and damage wise ele is far superior to necro in every way. But it is harder to play well.

Thats a very awesome summary of the two classes!Is the Necromancer DPS lower by alot than the Elementalist?If its just a little,I dont mind as I am not the elitist type

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necro dps is fine when your group supports you and fully buffs you. But ele is the top class for dps in that situation and can also help with the buffs. Also ele has certain op abilities like Fiery greatsword (FGS) and Icebow which do ridiculous amounts of burst. FGS can do potentially 150k damage in a few seconds.

But for the standard sustained DPS and ignoring burst. In a fully buffed group ele will do about 13k DPS and necro will do about 11k DPS. Most classes do around 11k DPS. Ele and thief are a fair bit ahead with 13k. You will pretty much never achieve these values though as they are unrealistic even in the most organised groups. But it gives you an idea of how the classes compare to each other.

Heres a video of my guild maximising eles burst. It is op FGS abuse but it took many days of attempts to get this kill. Anet have said its not an exploit, but they may nerf it sometime in the future if it gets out of hand. http://youtu.be/vdCWwcZDXrM

I also have some ele povs of full dungeon records on my channel (shameless self promotion). https://www.youtube.com/user/Spojo1/videos

(edited by spoj.9672)

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Willycat.7310

TY Spoj for helping me with this,I am sorry I decided to play Elementalist,Even though it is more difficult to play,I will take my time to learn it well

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Willycat.7310

Necro dps is fine when your group supports you and fully buffs you. But ele is the top class for dps in that situation and can also help with the buffs. Also ele has certain op abilities like Fiery greatsword (FGS) and Icebow which do ridiculous amounts of burst. FGS can do potentially 150k damage in a few seconds.

But for the standard sustained DPS and ignoring burst. In a fully buffed group ele will do about 13k DPS and necro will do about 11k DPS. Most classes do around 11k DPS. Ele and thief are a fair bit ahead with 13k. You will pretty much never achieve these values though as they are unrealistic even in the most organised groups. But it gives you an idea of how the classes compare to each other.

Heres a video of my guild maximising eles burst. It is op FGS abuse but it took many days of attempts to get this kill. Anet have said its not an exploit, but they may nerf it sometime in the future if it gets out of hand. http://youtu.be/vdCWwcZDXrM

I also have some ele povs of full dungeon records on my channel (shameless self promotion). https://www.youtube.com/user/Spojo1/videos

Ok Spoj,After reading some Elementalist guides,it seems that to be a good elementalist,You will have to put out combo fields/Stack might/Some other Party utilites/buffs,I dont think i can play a elementalist well,I am not good with such stuff(Thats why my main is a warrior,just throw some banners)

I guess i will have to consider what class to play again,Thanks for the information!

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: UberMey.1825

UberMey.1825

Willycat.7310

You should try it, its hard to master, but not that hard to have fun and do good tons of damage…

I have a nec, but I wish I could change it for Ele…

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: smallbears.6402

smallbears.6402

whelp i don’t know much about ele’s, but i’ve been having the time of my life running a d/d wells necro in pve. if you take the protection and vampiric trait for wells, your little life sucker vomits this fantastic death cloud every 20 or so seconds that keeps everyone you want alive and everyone you don’t dead. if someone still wants to punch you, pop DS. by the time you get out, the death vomit is ready to go again.

but i’m just one of those rampaging face tank engi’s on her second toon and her second bottle of wine.

Necromancer in PVE??

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

The might stacking rotation is pretty simple for scepter/dagger. If not you could always play staff ele, that’s basically press 4 buttons that are easy to remmember. Play whichever you want, they are both fun classes, though, as said, ele has many more things going for it, squishiness included.