Necromancer needs... something

in Necromancer

Posted by: Squeesidhe.4761

Squeesidhe.4761

This isn’t a criticism post, just feedback after playing awhile.

I love my necro, but feel she needs… something. It’s a qualitative impression, not based on any kind of numbers crunching. I like her current skills and weapons, and can’t really comment on what’s bugged or underpowered…

I just think she needs something… else. There’s that final cherry on the top that is missing.

Right now, not yet 40, I kind of feel like I’ve already experienced everything my necro has to offer. My impression is that I need something more to play with. More depth, more toys, more tools… something.

I’m not even sure exactly what it is that I think is missing. Another weapon? Another F-skill? More pets?

If I had to choose, I think I’d say we need another weapon. I’d love to see the addition of a weapon that further challenges the idea that necros are just ranged casters.

On the other hand, I also think Death Shroud needs to be fleshed out more, or supplemented with a separate F-skill.

Or something else entirely. I don’t know, but I know that it seems like my necro needs… something… else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

A revamped deathshroud and a greatsword skill set that is purely based on summoning minions would be cool. The greatsword would have the dark scythe thingy and each hit would have some sort of ability that summons a minion.

^ My dream.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Squeesidhe.4761

Squeesidhe.4761

I was thinking greatsword too, because it seems like the least obvious choice. Funny you also mentioned having the skills for a new weapon focused on minion summoning, because I was thinking that would be cool for bow.

I know someone recently suggested pistols.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Pistol’s don’t fit the genre of “scholar.” Ok, I know mes has them but they can’t necessarily use them. Rifles are the same. I don’t imagine my necro using any weapons that have “technology” behind them. I’d rather stick to weapons that have plausible “magic channeling”

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

If any weapon were to have summoning abilities, killing those minions must NOT activate Second Wind. It is already bad with the Death Magic 5 Trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

A greatsword for power builds would be great.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I think a less cumbersome DS would go a long way, as i suspect a lot of people avoid firing up DS unless they really want to crank out those blasts or LT (unless they play around with the trick of quick-tapping DS to gain boons and such, and have it traited for 5 sec cooldown).

As far as i can tell, no other profession has a as their custom mechanic something similar.

I would much prefer seeing a DS that behaved somewhat like Grenth’s Reaper. Providing some kind of benefit but otherwise leaving me able to utilize the setup i have tuned my traits around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Please no more talk about necros with greatswords… already enough classes want em, need em etc, normal one handed dual wield swords would be much better.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: riotnrrrd.9582

riotnrrrd.9582

eh if we get new weapon should add a scythe as a necro unique weapon