Necromancer suggestion

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

These changes to the necromancer are my opinion and I think they affect the area that need the most improvement. Sadly I haven’t thought of ideas for greatsword yet. If you feel like something is overpowered please try to explain what, and why it is overpowered.
General changes
jaggd horrors now lose 250 health per second
Regeneration should heal through shroud.
Traits
Death magic
Deathly armor when struck apply chill in the area. Reduce recharge the lower your health is.
chill: 3seconds
above 75%: 20recharge
above 50%: 15recharge
below 50%: 10recharge
Radius: 240
Beyond the veil apply protection in the area when you exit shroud. Protection: 2seconds radius: 360
adept
Reaper’s protection (Hesacon.8735 idea) When you are stun… (cced).Cast well of power.
Spectral attunement When shroud is recharging redirect a portion of damage taken to your lifeforce instead. Ends early if your lifeforce falls below the threshold. you gain less lifeforce while you have spectral attunement.
lifeforce threshold 30%
lifeforce generation -75%
master
shrouded removal Gain resistance and lose a condition when entering shroud. Lose a condition every few seconds you remain in shroud.
resistance: 2 seconds
Conditions removed: 1
interval: 3 seconds
Putrid Defense Take less damage from poisoned foes. When you critically hit a foe create a poison cloud at the foes location.
poison: 2 seconds
duration: 2 seconds
pulses: 2
recharge: 1
radius: 180
note: doesn’t create a poison field
Grandmaster
Foot in the grave Gain stability and break stun when you enter shroud. Gain stability every few seconds while remaining in shroud
Stability: 3 seconds
interval: 8 seconds
Break stun
Blood magic
master
Transfusion
Grandmaster
Unholy sanctuary apply regeneration to yourself and nearby allies every few seconds while in shroud. Heal in the area when you exit shroud.
Healing: 747
regeneration: 3 seconds
interval: 3 seconds
radius 360
Barbed flesh Your next attack applies bleeding when you gain regeneration. 3 recharge
bleeding4: 5 seconds
vampiric rituals (in addition to its current affects) Whenever you cast a well create a shambling horror. These minion live for 21 seconds
(because soul reaping is effected) Foot in the Grave (replacement) Vital focus (Rename possible) Gain Lifeforce when you weapon swap 10recharge Lifeforce 10%
utility skills
well of power this skill convert 2 condition per pulse.
well of darkness Target area pulses. Damaging and blinding foes. recharge 35 damage: same as corruption everything else is the same as the current skill
spectral grasp speed up projectile
Spectral walk also Removes chill,cripple and immobilize upon activation
Minion activation abilities I’m going to leave this section to the minionmancer out there
Death Shroud
I have mixed feeling about death shroud, but here are some improvement i thought would be good implentation
Lifeblast attack speed .9 (this includes the aftercast) power scaling reduce to .9
Dark path cast instant
range 900
radius 240
damage scaling .9
15recharge
ground targeted and chill and bleed are applied in radius around user
life transfer 30recharge also applies blind per hit
Tainted shackles 40recharge torment: 10seconds boons converted: 1 damage: xxx pulses 3 immobilize: 2seconds damage: xxx unblockable radius: 600
Weapon skills
_ reaper’s touch_ now creates a jagged horror on the first bounce
Mark of blood increase damage by 300%
Enfeebling blood now generates lifeforce per foe hit

edit. fix some spacing on lines added the ground target skill fact for dark path
fixed the explaination of spectral attunement finally

(edited by Tadsoul.6951)

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Spectral attunement When shroud is recharging redirect a portion of damage taken to your lifeforce instead.You gain less Lifeforce while shroud is recharging. lifeforce -400%

Care to explain why we should lose 3 times the amount of life force we would normally gain from skills during the recharge period?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tadsoul.6951

you are serverly limited in gaining lifeforce normally while in shroud(using your lifeforce) and on top it even naturally degenerates at 4%per second (untraited). So when the trait is active(you are using your lifeforce) to keep some balance you also gain less lifeforce.

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

General changes
jaggd horrors now lose 250 health per second
Regeneration should heal through shroud.

Deathly armor when struck apply chill in the area. Reduce recharge the lower your health is. chill: 3seconds above 75%: 20recharge above 50%: 15recharge below 50%: 10recharge Radius: 240

I’m not a fan of this one. It is a very specific type of defense (cooldown manipulation) will in a lot of cases just fail because it requires a hit. It also just scream reaper. I down’t want reaperfy core necro. I do like the closer to death mechanic. I would replace this with a life force on getting hit with more life force or lower cooldown when being closer to death trait to ease the requirement of soul reaping.

Beyond the veil apply protection in the area when you exit shroud. Protection: 2seconds radius: 360

I suppose some group utility would be fine.

adept
Reaper’s protection (Hesacon.8735 idea) When you are stun… (cced).Cast well of power.

This is a solid trait strong standalone effect, synergy with other trailines and good with the theme of death magic: defense.

Spectral attunement When shroud is recharging redirect a portion of damage taken to your lifeforce instead.You gain less Lifeforce while shroud is recharging. lifeforce -400%

If I’m reading this right it would that if we try to recover any life force even by accident (like death nearby or landing that weapon skill) we will actually drop in amount instead. For what? Another drop in life force when we get hit with protection type of damage reduction? That is just way to silly.

shrouded removal Gain resistance and lose a condition when entering shroud. Lose a condition every few seconds you remain in shroud. resistance: 2 seconds Conditions removed: 1 interval: 3 seconds

I see some boost to moving it to master and I see some shroud flashing support but I’m not quite sold about it. I don’t see why it suddenly needed to be switched with reaper’s protection.

Putrid Defense Take less damage from poisoned foes. When you critically hit a foe create a poison cloud at the foes location. poison: 2 seconds duration: 2 seconds pulses: recharge: 1 radius: 180 note: doesn’t create a poison field

A defensive skill requiring hits a crit no less. this is just asking for being bad. It is super niche and death magic is already packed with minions.

Foot in the grave Gain stability and break stun when you enter shroud. Gain stability every few seconds while remaining in shroud Stability: 3 seconds interval: 8 seconds Break stun

Why move foot in the grave to death magic? It sits solidly in soul reaping especially with speed of shadows.

Blood magic
master
Transfusion
Grandmaster
Unholy sanctuary apply regeneration to yourself and nearby allies every few seconds while in shroud. Heal in the area when you exit shroud. Healing: 747 regeneration: 3 seconds interval: 3 seconds radius 360

And you missed the greates thing about unholy sanctuary. It’s auto-shroud. It allowed an aggressive playstyle with shroud which is required for shroud flashing builds.

Barbed flesh Your next attack applies bleeding when you gain regeneration. 3 recharge bleeding4: 5 seconds

And where do we get this regeneration from? staff,focus? Not really the condition damage type of weapons. dodging? not the dodging type of class. Allies, WoP? Very inreliable. Also very gimmicky synergy with 1 trait. certainly not grandmaster worthy.

vampiric rituals (in addition to its current affects) Whenever you cast a well create a shambling horror. These minion live for 21 seconds

Honestly this is just place ran dom stuff and hopes it fixes wells.

(because soul reaping is effected) Foot in the Grave (replacement) Vital focus (Rename possible) Gain Lifeforce when you weapon swap 10recharge Lifeforce 10%

This is just trash.

EverythingOP

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

well of power this skill convert 2 condition per pulse.

This can turn out to be very ugly. It can possibly shut down condi builds for a few seconds.

well of darkness Target area pulses. Damaging and blinding foes. recharge 35 damage: same as corruption everything else is the same as the current skill

Some damage won’t save it.

still trash.

Spectral walk also Removes chill,cripple and immobilize upon activation

This might help the skill.

Lifeblast attack speed .9 (this includes the aftercast) power scaling reduce to .9

If this applied some bleed this would be perfect.

Dark path cast instant range 900 radius 240 damage scaling .9 15recharge chill and bleed are applied in radius around user

I’m still not sure why a shroud which is clearly ranged, needs to go close to use one of it 5 abilities. Just make the teleport an optional skill, you might seperate some chll to that teleport.

life transfer 30recharge also applies blind per hit

This is actually good. It might not even needing the recharge reduction.

Tainted shackles 40recharge torment: 10seconds boons converted: 1 damage: xxx pulses 3 immobilize: 2seconds damage: xxx unblockable radius: 600

Sure solidify necro’s boon corruption only role even further. I rather have it have criple to keep the enemies in the perfect range.

Weapon skills
_ reaper’s touch_ now creates a jagged horror on the first bounce

Why? focus is clearly offensive.

Mark of blood increase damage by 300%

Why?

Enfeebling blood now generates lifeforce per foe hit

Finally.

Also I miss something against focus fire. Unless you hope life transfer to save the necro which will most likely fail. I do think I see where this supposed to go though. Mainly defenses with flashing support while fixing some synergy issues .

EverythingOP

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tadsoul.6951

@Tim
spectral attunement reduces the amount of lifeforce you gain. You can use all the lifeforce generating abilities that you want.
for example One attack with necrotic grasp generates 4% lifeforce but since you are under the effect of spectral attunement instead you only generate 1% lifeforce.

The reason for the shrouded removal move was to make certain pairs of traits.

putrid defense I think you misunderstood. It doesn’t use corrosive poison cloud it creates a poison puddle on the target, it also has a 1 second recharge so you can effectively perma poison someone if you crit them consistantly.

death magic trait line toughness, and defenses Thats why i moved foot in the grave to the death magic trait line. Stability give you defense vs cc and being hard to cc makes you tough.

dark path i forgot to mention is suppose to be changed to ground target

focus necromancers have a lot of traits for minions but not many way to create minions. Now if you want to be a minion mancer you are going to use minion utilities but with some of these changes you might notice you get enough minion to make the minion traits worth taking. Other reason include so it can bounce vs single targets when your not within the bounce range, similar to mesmer greatsword #2

Mark of blood. staff is a hybrid weapon. Hybrids weapons like mesmer scepter, warrior sword, longbow, theif shortbow, pistol all have low cooldown skill that hit moderately hard. staff has a long cooldown #4 but it needs it low cd skill that can hit hard… mark of blood

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

@Tim
spectral attunement reduces the amount of lifeforce you gain. You can use all the lifeforce generating abilities that you want.
for example One attack with necrotic grasp generates 4% lifeforce but since you are under the effect of spectral attunement instead you only generate 1% lifeforce.

Ok, that number -400% actually says your life force regen is (100%-400%)*"life force gained" which would result in -300% “life force gained” which is negative. So you would lose life force instead of gaining it.I think you meant -75%.

The reason for the shrouded removal move was to make certain pairs of traits.

I got that later you basically try to make a shroud flashing build with spectral attunement + shrouded removal + foot in the grave. You clear a condi, gain stab,gain resistance, gain protection and reduce damage when you take damage by reducting a part from your life force. You even can go further in blood magic and heal up a bit. It will fail because with a 75% drop in life force regen it will be nighly impossible to actually flash shroud since you need to use skills worth of 40% life force to enter on cooldown or you wait with gaining life force for a least 7 seconds and then gather life force which is downright suicidal. Let’s not forget that the enemy is bashing in your life force as well. So for at least 7 seconds your opponent deprived you from any life force gain. You could try save up but then you have to prolong your flashing of the shroud. So either you deprive yourself from life force (which fuels ironically SA protection) or you artificially extend your shroud flashing.
I could be mistaken and you didn’t aim for a shroud flashing build with SA but then I don’t see how the trait is really a help.

putrid defense I think you misunderstood. It doesn’t use corrosive poison cloud it creates a poison puddle on the target, it also has a 1 second recharge so you can effectively perma poison someone if you crit them consistantly.

I know, the problem is you need at least 50% crit chance investment for a defensive skill. This makes that a lot of builds can’t actually use it. On top of that you need to actually hit your foe. For a defensive skill this is bad. Thiefs will drop you to half before you can even gat a hit in, guards will block you for ages while doing damage, cc will stop the trait when you need it the most, weakness -_-, … . When you finally get that hit in you didn’t crit. It seems better as a heal denial skill.

death magic trait line toughness, and defenses Thats why i moved foot in the grave to the death magic trait line. Stability give you defense vs cc and being hard to cc makes you tough.

fair enough.

dark path i forgot to mention is suppose to be changed to ground target

Still not good for a condi necro.

focus necromancers have a lot of traits for minions but not many way to create minions. Now if you want to be a minion mancer you are going to use minion utilities but with some of these changes you might notice you get enough minion to make the minion traits worth taking. Other reason include so it can bounce vs single targets when your not within the bounce range, similar to mesmer greatsword #2

The first reason wouldn’t work because minion utilities work better with it’s traits then wells. So you are better of swapping your wells for minion utilities because the synergy with your minion traits is better. The second reason I can actually see as a good improvement.

Mark of blood. staff is a hybrid weapon. Hybrids weapons like mesmer scepter, warrior sword, longbow, theif shortbow, pistol all have low cooldown skill that hit moderately hard. staff has a long cooldown #4 but it needs it low cd skill that can hit hard… mark of blood

For a hybrid weapon staf does poor condi damage.

EverythingOP

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tadsoul.6951

Im sorry I was so bad at explaining spectral attunement properly.
Spectral attunement end early if you fall below 30% lifeforce and i changed that percent thing.
I don’t know if that will change what you think

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

focus necromancers have a lot of traits for minions but not many way to create minions. Now if you want to be a minion mancer you are going to use minion utilities but with some of these changes you might notice you get enough minion to make the minion traits worth taking.

That’s a problem though. We already have enough ways to create minions without running any actual minion skills (Rise, Death Nova and Lich Form). Really they need to change the current minion skills to something more desirable rather than adding more cheesy ways of creating them as you have suggested.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

Vampiric rituals could get wells to pulse protection and make wells last longer +2seconds

Well of darkness also pulse confusion

In addition wells generate 1%life force when hitting something like well of corruption

Edit: well of suffering also cripple
Elite well: well of abyss (90cd), first pulse cause all foes struck to be teleported in to air and fall down, vertical distance is scaled as 50% of your base power, well gain 3% lifeforce per tick. (Note falling damage can cause insta defeat)

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

(edited by Zantmar.5406)

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The only thing I agree with.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Necromancer suggestion

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Im sorry I was so bad at explaining spectral attunement properly.
Spectral attunement end early if you fall below 30% lifeforce and i changed that percent thing.
I don’t know if that will change what you think

Concepually I’m fine with this, but the numbers will matter seriously here.

EverythingOP