Necromancer trait Focused Rituals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Capela.1854

Capela.1854

This may be an very old issue but…am i the only one who thinks that Focused Rituals doesnt make any sense on the condition damage trait line?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Theres a lot of traits which dont seem like they are in the right place. It happens a lot on other classes aswell. Although i have to say its a bit more common on the necro.

in Necromancer

Capela.1854

Im a little disapointed with this because i run a power necro and i use wells and this trait its extremely useful

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s in the Precision line. What’s the problem?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Capela.1854

wells dont dont aply condition that do damage…unless ppl use them on ao crit build

(edited by Capela.1854)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

wells dont dont aply condition that do damage…unless ppl use them on ao crit build

Well of Corruption does.

More specifically, wells hit hard. Wouldn’t you like them to crit so they hit harder?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Capela.1854

well of curruption doesnt apply condition…it converts boons on conditions…yeah but i dont think that is worth it…if i had to choose between condi or crits to use choosind the “curses” trait ill choose conditions

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

…You get both…

Well of Corruption turns Aegis→ Burning, Vigor→ Bleeding, and Regeneration→ Poison, all of which benefit nicely from the condition damage. Also, the minor trait you already have throws some free bleeds on.

But this is not the reason you go in there. The reason is for crits. 100 Precision is ~5% crit chance, and wells hit hard. Having them crit more is good.

It’s like people complaining that Dhuumfire is in the Power line. That is also the condition duration trait line. You get both. Even if you only want one, is there really a problem with getting the other?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are two wells that have synergy with power (WoS/WoC) and two with the Curses tree (WoD/WoC). I really don’t see the issue here, when there are arguably plenty of others that could be brought up.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

It’s only 2 points in and the precision is useful. I really don’t mind.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Theres a lot of traits which dont seem like they are in the right place. It happens a lot on other classes aswell. Although i have to say its a bit more common on the necro.

Yes. Arenanet does this intentionally to all professions. It keeps the builds from getting too good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

unholy sanctuary says hi! a trait based around healing in the toughness line lol!@# its basically anet saying here have some healing in ds but we dont really want you using it so put it in an un useable spot

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

unholy sanctuary says hi! a trait based around healing in the toughness line lol!@# its basically anet saying here have some healing in ds but we dont really want you using it so put it in an un useable spot

I’ve found it’s really not so unusable

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Unholy sanctuary is great. Please keep saying it sucks so it doesn’t get nerfed.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Unholy sanctuary is great. Please keep saying it sucks so it doesn’t get nerfed.

Will get you killed in pvp unless you are extremely used to using it. Still sucks btw any sustain builds besides spectral bruiser builds are awful agaisnt good pvpers. if anything it needs a gigantic bufF.

Unless of course some people get their wish for healing to go through ds then it would become almost like a engi backpack except grandmaster in a crappy trait line.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, when has every grandmaster trait been good for every build? Never. Unholy Sanctuary is a trait you build around, not just throw in. Every Grandmaster should have this to a degree.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Well, when has every grandmaster trait been good for every build? Never. Unholy Sanctuary is a trait you build around, not just throw in. Every Grandmaster should have this to a degree.

I just think it’s a horrible to trait and to build for it in pvp you need to take horrible amulets

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I run it on Zerker and Assassin’s amulets and do just fine. How terrible of amulets do you need to run?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I run it on Zerker and Assassin’s amulets and do just fine. How terrible of amulets do you need to run?

maximizing the effectiveness of us would need healing power. I’d rather use something that synergizes better with zerker amulet.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Don’t need to maximize the effectiveness, really. You can, sure, but I find it works fine with 175 healing power (all from runes). Haven’t attempted an actual bunker with it, just spectral bruiser. The sheer length of time you spend in death shroud is enough to make it worthwhile.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

i have used unholy sanctuary and watched some people try use it and fought against people using it…. it never saved them once, it never saved me once. because hitting like a wet noodle will get you nowhere.

minions are easy to counter aswell, run in a big circle makes them confused.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Don’t need to maximize the effectiveness, really. You can, sure, but I find it works fine with 175 healing power (all from runes). Haven’t attempted an actual bunker with it, just spectral bruiser. The sheer length of time you spend in death shroud is enough to make it worthwhile.

I still disagree. Necros weaknesses are cc and not being able to avoid coordinated burst. Our high health pool alone would win us the same fights you are winning with US. US wouldn’t change anything. I have tried it with a multitude of builds. This isn’t some vendetta this is an experienced pvp necro and dps over sustain in most cases is the correct way to go.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I still disagree. Necros weaknesses are cc and not being able to avoid coordinated burst. Our high health pool alone would win us the same fights you are winning with US. US wouldn’t change anything. I have tried it with a multitude of builds. This isn’t some vendetta this is an experienced pvp necro and dps over sustain in most cases is the correct way to go.

We’ll have to agree to disagree, then. I find the trait very good, even without investing in healing power (aside from runes) because it lets me have good sustain while still hitting hard. When every time I go into Death Shroud, I come out with another 3k health, that is enough to easily swing fights that would have been lost into ones that I instead won.

You seem to forget the fact that Unholy Sanctuary forces opponent to blow their burst on Death Shroud instead of health, or try to split it between both (usually ineffectively). Waiting out your death shroud really isn’t a good option for them.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

We’ll have to agree to disagree, then. I find the trait very good, even without investing in healing power (aside from runes) because it lets me have good sustain while still hitting hard. When every time I go into Death Shroud, I come out with another 3k health, that is enough to easily swing fights that would have been lost into ones that I instead won.

You seem to forget the fact that Unholy Sanctuary forces opponent to blow their burst on Death Shroud instead of health, or try to split it between both (usually ineffectively). Waiting out your death shroud really isn’t a good option for them.

You seem to be drastically overestimating the heals your getting from US. Most DPS classes can burst you out of DS with auto attacks or just CC you while your in DS 3k health is nothing. And i highly doubt you are getting 3k health unless you are only fighting 1v1 and your opponent is a braindead using a clerics build.

I would much rather deal extra damage to my opponent in an attempt to end the fight quicker as most other classes can out sustain us either by healing or disengaging. Its possible US might be made to work in a small scale wvw environment…. but i still think deeps would be better.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s amazing how long you can extend Death Shroud when you’re not terrified of going into melee. Locust Swarm, Vital Persistence, and even Reaper’s Precision all extend it to a lot longer than you would think.

I can assure you that 3k health is actually not uncommon with only 175 healing power (all from runes). Not in fights where you aren’t outnumbered, anyway. That’s only 20 seconds in Death Shroud which is not difficult at all to maintain when Locust Swarm is ticking for 15.

And that’s in sPvP. In WvW where I run Zealot’s gear, the healing is much, much higher.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)