Necromancers need buffing

in Necromancer

Posted by: drakor.3705

drakor.3705

Necromancers are suppose to be the source of fear yet we can only fear for 1 second and the hunter and thief have better fears than us what the hell? i find in most situations in WVW i cannot 1vs1 someone unless they are already low health i have little escape ability i just get snared and killed, Were is the innovation in this class it seems so poorly designed….. ,But come on just because were focused more for aoe and dots that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to kill someone effectively as every other class can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KTKTKT.1853

KTKTKT.1853

going to say this as nicely as i can….i can 1v1 anything but a mesmer its a l2p issue or if your in wvw your probly not lvl 80 go scepter/dagger staff conditions build problem solved

in Necromancer

Posted by: drakor.3705

drakor.3705

what your trait setup? becuase iam using mostly power and some condition but i feel i get steamrolled every encounter…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

KTKTKT.1853 – please solo a solid built guardian or a wolf/bear beast sigil ranger and post a video of it, second true that there is a L2P issue since necros have the highest learning curve (mesmers might have the highest skill ceiling power, but necro ele and warrior do actually take the most to master, yes i am including the warrior since while he can do great with facerolling, you can squeeze out at least 40% more damage with good adrenaline control and combo weapon swap attacks).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

Let me get this straight.

Necromancers suck because you can’t kill someone one on one in world vs world, which is defined IN ITS VERY NAME AS A GROUP ORIENTED GAME MODE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karandor.4201

Karandor.4201

definitely a L2P issue.

I play a power/toughness/precision/vit well build with mostly dagger + warhorn and I have no problems in 1v1s ever in WvW. I use to have trouble with mesmers and thieves but I dominate pretty much anything now.

Necros have some problems with traits and bugged abilities and some very dumb design decisions but we are one of the 1v1 kings.

Karandara, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

andele i am on the gates of madness server i run tourneys most days and challenge any guardian to a 1v1 you may come and watch my necros name is nisseesi i KNOW my necro can kill a solid built lolguardian or ranger so plz bring some challengers as for my spec i run a slight variant of my tourney bunker build just moved a few traits around and added some more dmg its 0 in spite 10 in curses pick up hemophilia 20 in death magic grab marks cannot be blocked and wells apply protection for 3 secs 20 in blood magic grab reduced cd on wells and mark of blood when u dodge 20 in soul reaping grab redcued cd on death shroud skills and marks generate life force when used my armor set is the undead 6 pc with shamans amulet and carrion gem hydromancy on staff +condition dmg for each kill on scepter and 50% endurace restored on wep swap on my dagger i hardly EVER stay on 1 wep and spam auto attack and such im always poping in and out of death shroud the second its off cd or switching between my weps for life force/cc’s and dmg as you can see im NOT a glass cannon and i use well of blood and well of darkness/corruption/power so i have 3 ways to remove conditons via staff and dagger/well omg no stun break? bad necro nah death shroud=free stun break and Andele im not going to go through the trouble of going into tourney matches over and over until i find a “solid built guardian or ranger and 1v1 them” ive done it be4 i know i can and thats enough for me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

going to say this as nicely as i can….i can 1v1 anything but a mesmer its a l2p issue or if your in wvw your probly not lvl 80 go scepter/dagger staff conditions build problem solved

Not everybody like running around like a headless chicken and spamming ground template spells the entire fight. I tried condimancer for a while and came to the conclusion that it does not take much more skills than the popular faceroll classes thief/mesmer/guardian. Generally I figured that a balanced build is the hardest thing to play in GW2 (no matter the class). Most of these burst and bunker builds are boring easy-play builds not worth my time.

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

Ezekeel you dont “spam gound template spells” the entire tbh a full condition build actually uses mainly death shroud skill number 2 and scepter skill 1 and 2 and offhand dagger skill 5 obviously you have no experience with the condition build and i doubt necromancer itself so please stop posting

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Death Shroud doesn’t remove stuns…

Symbolic

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

didnt say it removed stuns but if a warrior bull charges you or you get knocked down or dazed you can still go into death shroud and still can fear or if you feel like it eat the burst with your life force in death shroud

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

definitely a L2P issue.

I play a power/toughness/precision/vit well build with mostly dagger + warhorn and I have no problems in 1v1s ever in WvW. I use to have trouble with mesmers and thieves but I dominate pretty much anything now.

Necros have some problems with traits and bugged abilities and some very dumb design decisions but we are one of the 1v1 kings.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS INSIST ON USING THE USELESS WARHORN!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

Post videos I highly doubt the people you have played are skilled then.

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

Post videos I highly doubt the people you have played are skilled then.

better idea bring skilled people 2 gates of madness and we can take turns dueling my necro??? let me rephrase that go into a empty spvp match there

(edited by KTKTKT.1853)

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

didnt say it removed stuns but if a warrior bull charges you or you get knocked down or dazed you can still go into death shroud and still can fear or if you feel like it eat the burst with your life force in death shroud

oh wait the warrior bulls rushed you with balanced stance and frenzy, now what?

oh, and the people you’re ‘1v1ing’ are most likely baddies.

Symbolic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Well, like he said, your DS will eat the warrior’s damage (provided that you have enough lifeforce).

So, you might want to rephrase your question as “oh wait the warrior bulls rushed you with balanced stance and frenzy while you have no lifeforce, now what?”

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lythium.7153

Lythium.7153

Well, like he said, your DS will eat the warrior’s damage (provided that you have enough lifeforce).

So, you might want to rephrase your question as “oh wait the warrior bulls rushed you with balanced stance and frenzy while you have no lifeforce, now what?”

Not to mention, if they use that combo, they just blew 3 out of 4 of their utilities, and you can proceed to stomp them.

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

well since you’ve just ate a full 100b with no life force you’re pretty much kittened after the eviscerate on axe.

Symbolic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Compared to the 3 alpha classes the necro is lacking – bugged traits or not.

Power Spec:
Survivability: You need to get too close to melees if you use the axe. If the dps stays the way like it is now, the spec needs either range or a good escape mechanic or better life force build-up. A thieves rips through your life force bar in what feels like 2 seconds
DPS: Not bad but no real eye-opened either considering the burst damage which is dished out by other classes

Condition Spec:
Conditions get wiped off repeatedly. It is not bad but it is not that strong as some people make it out.
Possible solution:
1. An ability where the necro can remove the conditions themselves before the enemy does and deal x% of their total damage. That way he has to gamble and would get a little burst damage

2. A flat dispel protection over a certain time

Tank Spec / Minion Spec
The horrible minion and pet pathing issues aside the build is bland.
1. At least some of the minions should be linked to weapon skills like the mesmer. It would open up new avenues for the spec because some utility slots would be available

2. The minions should be commandable. That way you could play tactical. At the moment it feels like playing in autopilot mode

3. Some traits to further individualize minions like additional condition damage etc

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

I’m curious as to why you think the warhorn is useless, the 2 second daze gives you a lot of breathing room, and lets you maintain offensive momentum.

The number 5 when traited gives 13 seconds of swiftness, and each second ticks 2 seconds of cripple (without investment in condition duration), which makes it extremely difficult for them to pull distance; and of course it generates life force, and can proc all the on crit traits, which helps maintain permanent weakness.

I’m not saying its better then dagger or focus, but with dagger mainhand it’s very useful, atleast.

Edit: And to the people talking about bull’s rush + stability, you can either corrupt boon him if you activates stability before the bull’s rush, turning stability into fear, or if he does it after simply use your stun break to get out of it, and he’s wasted all his utilities.
If you don’t have a stun break for precisely this reason, then there’s your problem. Hell, our few stun breaks are actually not that bad.

(edited by War Mourner.5168)

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS INSIST ON USING THE USELESS WARHORN!

Cone daze is strong (and way bigger than the animation makes it seem to be) and it has great life force generation with dagger… why else? Also no, no you can kill a CoPurity Wrath Whirl guardian… pretty much noone can in 1v1 (except Sword/Focus mesmers speced into interrupts).

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arolas.5209

Arolas.5209

I got to agree that this is mainly a l2p issue. Yes, the necro falls severely behind when it comes to what other classes can perform, but that doesn’t mean we suck if played correcly. I fear that if we get buffed too much before all the bugs and errors are fixed, we will become just another faceroll class. This is what I love about the necromancer, if you’re going to be good at it you simply can’t faceroll it, you have to think and use your utilities and skills to their absolute best. DS is awesome for boon/condition application and to soak up damage from Bull’s Rush + 100 Blades faceroll warriors for example, Axe 3 + in-out of DS + a healing skill (provided you have the traits) will give around 10 secs with reflective damage, which is awesome against warriors, thieves and other bursters and our boon and condition convertions are mind-blowing against professions that uses a lot of conditions/boons. The choices are vast. It really isn’t as bad as many would make it out to be. With that said, I can’t speak for PvE as I’ve only been 80 for a day.

Arolas, lvl 80 Necromancer
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Arolas.5209)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Was sick of my 80 Necro, made a 80 Guardian and I eat Necros all day np.

Conditions beins the only viable build makes Necros too easy to counter.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Considering you as troll untill you prove it on video.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

KTKTKT.1853 – please solo a solid built guardian or a wolf/bear beast sigil ranger and post a video of it, second true that there is a L2P issue since necros have the highest learning curve (mesmers might have the highest skill ceiling power, but necro ele and warrior do actually take the most to master, yes i am including the warrior since while he can do great with facerolling, you can squeeze out at least 40% more damage with good adrenaline control and combo weapon swap attacks).

Now if only Ele and Necro behaved like Warrior, in that one could get by with the profession equivalent of faceroll but with effort could really shine.

But both Ele and Necro have some very clunky profession mechanics. Want a quick heal with Ele, that is two keys, three if you want to go back to the previous element. Similar with Necro if you want to fear someone, first you need to enter DS then you need to hit Doom. Then you will need to exit DS again if you want to continue attacking with your skill setup.

in comparison a warriors profession mechanic involves monitoring a progress bar and hitting F1 when it is full to dish out soild dose of hurt.

Guardian have what is in effect 3 sigils as his mechanic, again just one key away from application.

Thief, again one key press.

Mesmer, same.

Ranger, same.

Engineer, also one key pr toolbelt slot.

The difference seems to be like playing piano with just index fingers vs playing using whole chords once you select Elementalist or Necromancer.

So to me Necro and Ele are left fighting the UI as much as they are fighting the enemy.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

The difference seems to be like playing piano with just index fingers vs playing using whole chords once you select Elementalist or Necromancer.

So to me Necro and Ele are left fighting the UI as much as they are fighting the enemy.

Wouldnt be a problem if DS were a true transformation and on a ele, despite the hate, fire/earth actually works in pvp (better than Cond necro, but mostly just because of the buggy nature of our skills, doesnt mean that having one viable build is ok, but i know that this one is).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJArdhMmYbvx4QlDAhHEwAAjHg4BJlCzA;ToAgyCtoAzUkoILYOwkgNCY6B

(only casting 3 and 4 in water and air upon need, mostly staying in fire then when fights break out to earth after laying down burning)

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

Considering you as troll untill you prove it on video.

He offered to pvp anyone. PvP him and put it on video.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

QSpec.4298 – yes since you can totally actually host a game and invite people cross servers… /facedesk

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Anet is working on that, if you feel like gathering or buying tickets…

in Necromancer

Karandor.4201

I’d just like to say that the warhorn gets a bad rap. The AE daze and damage + cripple + lifeforce gain + swiftness is actually really underestimated. The graphic on the cone REALLY needs to be changed to show its actual size.

Swarm of locusts is a totally baller skill. The damage is good, the lifeforce gain is crazy and the cripple + swiftness is perfect for staying on an enemy in melee range.

I do use focus too and I am trying to work in more dagger, but once you get good with that warhorn daze it’s tough to play without it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

I agree. warhorn daze is awesome. It actually has a pretty good range.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Yes it is so please stop spreading that… people will start to use it more and more and then we might get a nerf to it…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Necros need bug fixing first. Once we have the majority of our bugs fixed then we can come back and see how things are. We are a strong class right now even with the bugs so we’ll likely only go upwards with fixes.

At this point I’d really like to see some trait improvements but I honestly can’t see much being done without subsequent nerfs otherwise we’d be OP. The only thing I could see being flat out buffed without issue is the axe since it’s a complete joke of a weapon atm.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

It is really hard to judge how good a class is in WvW. TBH I have no issues when I play with my necro in WvW. I can tank and do a ton of damage and it is fun. It is also easy to play when you are fully geared with 1500+ toughness and 1500+ condition damage and I think I have over 22k hp.

I now have a lvl 80 thief. Lets just say that the current build I have on my thief will decimate any necro before they even realize it. Most of the people in WvW are pretty bad.

I do feel that compared to a thief… our traits are crap. I don’t think necros are anywhere at the top of the best classes list… though epidemic is fun as hell and we can basically survive and have fun with ds. I do think necro could use some nice buffing though. In WvW necros are decently strong just due to people dying all around you which allows you to generate life force quickly when you are condition build.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

QSpec.4298 – yes since you can totally actually host a game and invite people cross servers… /facedesk

actually you can just add them to your friendslist and grp up i run tournaments with people on jades quarry and anvil rock and we all grp up and do spvp together as well one of you just enter a match and the others right click that persons name and hit join friend in pvp and let me rephrase my previous comment i do not run a condition spec atm i run a bunker spec during tourneys and if im solo running spvp i take out the last 10 points in soul reaping and put them into +20% condition duration and take my +healing increase with each kill off my dagger and exchange it with a +condition for each kill i also exchange the shamans jewel for a carrion but i still keep my shamans amulet and i could easily record and post videos of me 1v1ing guardians and such in spvp but we all know 90% of the people in spvp are 1.just learning their class 2.trying out weird and out of the box specs so they wouldnt be viable and im the bunker for my tourney team so the fights usually last several minutes and even if im winning their team’s roamers or my team’s roamers come and jump in to either help him or me which is why i said it would be easier to do it the way i suggested i have a fatal muscular breakdown diease that is not curable so im on GW2 quite often

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

That was a very long sentence.

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

That was a very long sentence.

lol ya it was just trying to show people that we have the best aoe condition/boon removal in the game via our wells and that tournaments are a heck of a lot different than spvp or pve (spvp=zerging and fighting off nodes tpvp=fighting on nodes they r kitten if they stand off the node to get out of our wells we then cap the point or they r kitten if they stand in them having no buffs and a ton of conditions

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

KTKTKT.1853 – you can do a tournament group, but thats losting tickets for testing when you could just play with friends… Also true that Well of Blood, Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness are really strong when it comes to fighting about a point of ground, but the thing with them is that its well worth giving up 60% of a cap time for plain not fighting when necros have em up on the ground and just charging back in, light field, whirl finisher, save into purity and in either spvp, wvwvw and tpvp (if it aint a lone offensive guardian what i never actually saw), you wont be able to do anything to stop em.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

Ridiculous. Necromancers are overpowered, I’ve been saying it for the longest time, same with elementalists. They do NOT need buffing, both professions need massive nerfs. The noobs have finally seen the great overpoweredness of these 2 professions and we are increasingly seeing TPvP setups containing 2 necromancers and 2 elementalists.

in Necromancer

Karandor.4201

Heh, you can’t choose to not be in wells when you get immobilized, crippled or dazed or chilled or whatever else and then ran over by a flesh golem.

A good necro won’t use well of darkness until you actually attack him. Most will drop offensive wells, you run away, he starts capping, you run back in, well of darkness, have fun with the blind.

Necros are an amazing 1v1 class. The only better duelist is a mesmer.

in Necromancer

KTKTKT.1853

Karandor is so right and with the reduced cd on wells from what Andele said:Also true that Well of Blood, Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness are really strong when it comes to fighting about a point of ground, but the thing with them is that its well worth giving up 60% of a cap time for plain not fighting when necros have em up on the ground and just charging back in, light field, whirl finisher, save into purity and in either spvp, wvwvw and tpvp (if it aint a lone offensive guardian what i never actually saw), you wont be able to do anything to stop em. thats why we have 3 a bad necro throws them all down at once….
a good necro times them i wait until my target has 5+ boons be4 i lay down my well IT REMOVES ALL 5 BOONS IMMEDIETLY so even if they “step out” they still have conditions allowing me 2 switch to scepter and add bleed ticks on them THEY LOSE EITHER WAY you rly need 2 stop downing everything about a necro andele sounds like a l2p issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: militiaman.9803

militiaman.9803

I play Condition, I use Staff and Mace/focus. Focus is nice for the slow it gives on 4.

The only classes I have a real issue with are mesmer (super OP) and Thief, only Thief if they are the Lawl2secondblinkdeath spec. If the Thief does not kill me in the first 3 or so hits, he wont win against me.

A lot of issues are L2P with Necro, but there are still issues. Like how Thief and Guardian get a better fear then I do which is a joke…

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

I play Condition, I use Staff and Mace/focus. Focus is nice for the slow it gives on 4.

The only classes I have a real issue with are mesmer (super OP) and Thief, only Thief if they are the Lawl2secondblinkdeath spec. If the Thief does not kill me in the first 3 or so hits, he wont win against me.

A lot of issues are L2P with Necro, but there are still issues. Like how Thief and Guardian get a better fear then I do which is a joke…

you probably mean thief that steals your fear and makes it 300% better and the warrior fear i never saw a guardians use fear before can be me thats wrong tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

That Thief Fear I find so kittening overpowered. If he uses it when you’re getting low on health then it’s an instant win for him. He gets to spam heartseekers on you for 3 seconds with no risk.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Funnily fear is the one thing that can bypass stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

After making an elementalist alt and playing him for a while, I have a greater appreciation for the necro, and I feel that we’re not UP or OP, but rather middle of the line. So we’re average.

For the most part, other classes can do what we do better except for condition control (even with plague form STILL bugged!), but that doesn’t mean that the necro as a whole is unplayable as some people here like to suggest. Wells are fun, DS is nifty, the elite skills viable, our DPS is good, and the minions… well… about the minions. I guess flesh golem has a nice charge

PvE I don’t think anyone has a problem with, and in PvP, where most of the complaints come from, we’re still a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. When the bugs get fixed and the AI on the minions improved, we’ll be in a good place. I play a glass cannon power necro, and despite this handicap ( =D ), I do OK in sPvP, and if I switch to a condition spec then its even easier to kill people.

I will admit, however, that one thing is true — to play a necro decently requires much more knowledge, awareness, and finger dexterity than just running around spamming 2 like a certain very annoying, faceroll-friendly profession. If elementalists are playing Bach on the keyboard, we’re at least performing Chopin’s fifth over here

edit: and whoever said warhorn is useless, that’s blasphemy! if you run dagger MH, it’s almost a necessity

(edited by Hufflepuffer.4201)

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

“I will admit, however, that one thing is true — to play a necro decently requires much more knowledge, awareness, and finger dexterity than just running around spamming 2 like a certain very annoying, faceroll-friendly profession. If elementalists are playing Bach on the keyboard, we’re at least performing Chopin’s fifth over here”

And this may well be the main culprit. I can understand classes that need effort to shine. But it seems ele and necro need effort to be “passable”. And that to me sounds more like a balance issue than a l2p issue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

you guys didnt recieve a nerf…stop complaining

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Nah, we were nerfed before launch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Rofl talking about finger dexterity. Have you guys not played other mmos or something? You need hardly any keybinds in this.