Necrominion Build

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shafi.8952

Shafi.8952

Q:

“Play any profession”, they said. “Play any build”, they said.

I can’t play at the same level as other professions. What am I doing wrong?

ver.1: http://tinyurl.com/a3ertag | en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQNAodWjEa961aua07JCpHRjaTb6B3AX4gK8eA;T0AgzCmoIyQkgILROikEtaYExBi3CzNA

ver.2: http://tinyurl.com/abtld4l | en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQNAodWjEa961aua07JCpHRjaTbSB3AHki3LNA;T0Ag2CroIyQkgILROikEtaYExBi3CzNA

ver.3: http://tinyurl.com/c58gf7u | en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQNAndWjEaF71aua07JCpHNjaTbqQ3ge8ep5MA;T0AA1Cto2yslYL7WutkbtaYAxJi3CTIA

Underwater:
Skills (or the lack of it)

*Flesh Golem -> Plague Form (Out of the wide verity of choices we have, this is the best elite skill to use underwater: especially for a minion build)

Please criticize.

Necromancer: Unfinished, Not Broken.

(edited by Shafi.8952)

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grumpy.8365

Grumpy.8365

A:

The part that you’re doing wrong is the part where you chose to do a MM. Minion AI is so horrible, it’s not worth using it.

And why is the minion AI is so horrible?
It was made that way.

I don’t even know where to start…
Often, they don’t attack your target. Sometimes even with a full MM bar, not a single one of them will attack your target.
Sometimes, they just go run off and attack a yellow mob for no reason.
Sometimes, they don’t follow you and do their own things.
Sometimes, they’re so far away and not catching up with you, they don’t even appear on the minimap if fully zoomed. Don’t worry about it catching up, it’ll just die.
Your minions have zero dodging or dispersing or formations. They’ll often clump up and die all together by a single aoe. There goes your entire skill bar.
Blood Fiend, being the ranged often attacks first and becomes the target in pve. There goes your healing (I would still find it not viable even after recent buff to blood fiends).
Your minions being targeted by mobs will often cause you to run slowly too since you entered battle. So, they make utterly horrible exploration companions especially combined with the above mentioned random attacks. Though 1 flesh golem sometimes helps when running to divert attacks to the minion in a really thick mob area.

Minions aren’t even that good compared to gw1 either.
You can’t heal them.
The max minion damage output if far worse than gw1 comparatively. If you jumped someone in gw1 with full minions, they’ll often lose. If you jumped someone in gw2 with full minions, you’ll lose.

(edited by Grumpy.8365)

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

“Play any profession”, they said. “Play any build”, they said.

I can’t play at the same level as other professions. What am I doing wrong?

http://tinyurl.com/a3ertag

Underwater:
Skills (or the lack of it)

*Flesh Wurm -> Bone Minion
*Flesh Golem -> Lich Form (Out of the wide verity of choices we have, this is the best elite skill to use underwater: especially for a minion build)

Please criticize.

I don’t think that you are a pure MM !!
Check my build >> http://tinyurl.com/Pure-MM-build
You should have +30% minions damage .
As you will use Staff as main weapon because of Mark of Blood , it’s better to have -20% staff skills recharge.
My armor set focuses on Vitality and Toughness ( Hearty set )and some healing power.
My main weapon is staff ( got DD too > using it for siphoning in serious situations ).
now I’m level 68 and my hp is 22K, it’s rarely to drop to 10k(thanks to my minions which I rely on the to damage my foe and heal me all the time ).
I’m the last man standing in all dungeons and events because of that I got one of the biggest HP ever and much toughness too , death shroud helps me alot to avoid death.
I believe that MM build is the best for Necromancers

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grumpy.8365

Grumpy.8365

The part that you’re doing wrong is the part where you chose to do a MM. Minion AI is so horrible, it’s not worth using it.

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

To be honest , they are undead which means that they are not supposed to have mind !!!
Did u see resident evil films ? zombies are very stupid XD

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

To be honest , they are undead which means that they are not supposed to have mind !!!
Did u see resident evil films ? zombies are very stupid XD

To be honest, they are undead controlled by the necromancer’s will, which means they follow the necromancer’s mind.

Did u see resident evil films? those are not zombies, those are the livings that got infected by a virus (different from undead – minions were never alive to begin with).

You make a good businessperson – things that don’t work are “working as intend”.
This is a fantasy game, please don’t limit it’s possible capacity with thoughts like that.

I’m just kidding dude
I really hope that Anet fix Al specially as I’m a pure MM.

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

Even with a working AI they would still be terrible, as they get plastered all over the place to seemingly trivial amounts of AoE damage. Their survivability is severely lacking.

Necrominion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

And why is the minion AI is so horrible?
It was made that way.

Blood Fiend, being the ranged often attacks first and becomes the target in pve. There goes your healing (I would still find it not viable even after recent buff to blood fiends).

Actually the buff wasn’t implemented properly. In 90% of the zones it’s still the old value.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard