Necromncer Power well Build - Alteration

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark Ansem.1308

Dark Ansem.1308

Takarazuka has made what seems the most useful solo build

I’d Iike to know how would you alter it in order to equip scepters and have a more “caster” feel, more similar to a pure mage, and maximize the damage inflicted without kitten conditions.

Doable, do you feel, in a way that is convenient?

(edited by Dark Ansem.1308)

in Necromancer

Dark Ansem.1308

fixed link, thanks.

in Necromancer

Dark Ansem.1308

no insight at all?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

Few things.

If you are going wells then you need wells are ground targeting.

Banshee Wail doesn’t do much for you.

Two: Wells are a power build, though you can run a hybrid build with it to go with both power and conditions you’re not going to have a lot of luck with “JUST” conditions.

Three: If your running staff it’s almost a requirement to run 10 points in death magic to get Marks are larger and unblockable.

Four: personal choice but I change my 10 points in Blood magic to the Major Trait that heals allies when I use Life Siphon. It heals me and allies around me including any minions for around 3k hp.

That’s about all i got.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

Few things.

If you are going wells then you need wells are ground targeting.

Banshee Wail doesn’t do much for you.

Two: Wells are a power build, though you can run a hybrid build with it to go with both power and conditions you’re not going to have a lot of luck with “JUST” conditions.

Three: If your running staff it’s almost a requirement to run 10 points in death magic to get Marks are larger and unblockable.

Four: personal choice but I change my 10 points in Blood magic to the Major Trait that heals allies when I use Life Siphon. It heals me and allies around me including any minions for around 3k hp.

That’s about all i got.

I disagree with almost everything you just said.

in Necromancer

Dark Ansem.1308

then please explain why

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Imho Wells Ground Targeting is only needed if u are in siege situations other then that I prefer to be in the frontline placeing them on me specially Well of Power and Well of Darkness (last for Melee Defence).

Wells works clearly better with Power builds, maybe Well of Corruption being the exception.. maybe.

I agree in WvW situations Greater Marks is very useful to hit more ppl, tho its NOT do or die thing

Life Siphon is ONLY an option if you go Well/Support Build and add a Healing set with Well of Blood Stacking (Ritual of Blood and ofc as Main Heal) imho its not needed otherwise. Not gonna save the group anyway, Well of Blood and Sigils is a better choice of heals.

However in WvW situation I always runs Well Builds, Power + Crit build with 73% Crit Chance ( Omnomberry Ghost Ftw)

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

hybrid dmg builds need wells to be ground targeting otherwise you have to go to the middle of the fight = you are dead in 3s. If you are using glass cannon necro with dagger mainhand then dont take it for sure but if you want to play with staff and scepter+dagger then its a must trait.

in Necromancer

Carrioncrow.6872

I don’t “Do” WvWvW

I think it’s pointless.

All of my advice is tailored for SPvP and TPvP.

Unblockable Marks is a must for situations where your opponent is rezing or is trying to stomp your teammate which allows you to bypass any Aegis or other defensive boon that might be up. The fact that the mark is bigger is just a bonus, and means you can hide them inside of capture points all that much better.

He clearly has both damage wells, which means he is going for a Power build. (Did you see the Link above? It’s hyperlinked in -Solo build-

I’m sorry I misspoke and said Life Siphon, what I meant to say was Life Transfer. The Number 3 ability while in Death shroud. When you use Life Transfer you heal nearby allies. That’s the ticket. And heals do not effect Life Siphon, bloodthirsty or any other ability that heals you outside of the Number 6 Heal ability. So healing set is both pointless and useless.

Now Wells are ground targeting is a must plain and simple, other wise you will miss the majority of your damage chasing him down or trying to get him to stand still in them. A mistake.

I run two necromancers. I do this simply because I don’t like having to change out gear, amulets, traits every time I feel like switching it up.

When running my Powerwell build I run with Dagger/Focus and Staff

Start with the staff to start inflicting conditions and chill him + poison.
Switch weapons to dagger.
Use the Elite Flesh Golem to knock him down.
Drop both wells on him.
Use Dark Pact while closing the distance.
Proceed to beat the tar out of him with Dagger melee.
Stomp.
Profit.

If you are not using your wells to burst with, then what is the point of running them?

Necro has so few “GOOD” traits that it ignore them just leads to frustration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Yea sry I also ment Life Transfer but I dont think its worth it in any situation, cant match Incomming dmg at all. But thats my opinion ofc ( and Iam talking both sPvP & WvW here)

Ground Target Wells imho is still a choice thats ONLY needed for certain situations, and they way I play its a weaker option.

Dagger MH is imo the best Weapon we have as a power Necro

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Carrioncrow.6872

Well Life Transfer when you use it, your in Death Shroud so you are not taking anymore “HP” damage. But the Life Transfer itself is still “healing” your HP as well as gaining LF.

Like I said it’s a quick 3k heal to you and every ally around you including Minions / pets that also deals damage and continues to build Life Force.

Combo it with Death Shroud Abilities recharge 15% faster to drop it’s recharge form 40 to 34. Now you could go further and get the Trait that heals you for a small amount when you exit Death Shroud. but honestly that heal is rubbish.

You want a real hoot.

Put x6 Runes of Lyssa on your necromancer and run a Flesh Golem.
The rules have a internal cooldown of 50 secs but they trigger off both your summoning of the Golem and you using the charge ability.

Food for thought =)

in Necromancer

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

I don’t “Do” WvWvW

I think it’s pointless.

All of my advice is tailored for SPvP and TPvP.

Unblockable Marks is a must for situations where your opponent is rezing or is trying to stomp your teammate which allows you to bypass any Aegis or other defensive boon that might be up. The fact that the mark is bigger is just a bonus, and means you can hide them inside of capture points all that much better.

He clearly has both damage wells, which means he is going for a Power build. (Did you see the Link above? It’s hyperlinked in -Solo build-

I’m sorry I misspoke and said Life Siphon, what I meant to say was Life Transfer. The Number 3 ability while in Death shroud. When you use Life Transfer you heal nearby allies. That’s the ticket. And heals do not effect Life Siphon, bloodthirsty or any other ability that heals you outside of the Number 6 Heal ability. So healing set is both pointless and useless.

Now Wells are ground targeting is a must plain and simple, other wise you will miss the majority of your damage chasing him down or trying to get him to stand still in them. A mistake.

I run two necromancers. I do this simply because I don’t like having to change out gear, amulets, traits every time I feel like switching it up.

When running my Powerwell build I run with Dagger/Focus and Staff

Start with the staff to start inflicting conditions and chill him + poison.
Switch weapons to dagger.
Use the Elite Flesh Golem to knock him down.
Drop both wells on him.
Use Dark Pact while closing the distance.
Proceed to beat the tar out of him with Dagger melee.
Stomp.
Profit.

If you are not using your wells to burst with, then what is the point of running them?

Necro has so few “GOOD” traits that it ignore them just leads to frustration.

Why is “do” in quotation?

by the way this entire game is pointless unless your having fun. I bet just as many of these peeps have fun talking smack to you on these forums.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pmargeti.7680

pmargeti.7680

I’m sorry I misspoke and said Life Siphon, what I meant to say was Life Transfer. The Number 3 ability while in Death shroud. When you use Life Transfer you heal nearby allies. That’s the ticket.

Number 3 ability while in Death shroud is called ‘Doom’. Life Transfer is bound to number 4.

But the Life Transfer itself is still “healing” your HP as well as gaining LF.

Like I said it’s a quick 3k heal to you and every ally around you including Minions / pets that also deals damage and continues to build Life Force.

This isn’t true. Traited Life transfer [Blood magic VI, Transfusion] does not heal you.

Have a good day, sir.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

I can’t udnerstand why so many players doesnt play stun breakers with the actual metagame..

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Amityel.5324

stun breaker wont save you on necro if you dont have any DS (for example from the start of the match) its way better to have ress signet and dmg wells than long cd stun breaker not to mention if you are focused they will cc chain you and one stun breaker wont save your life at all on necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

That’s why Spectral Walk and Flash Wurm are the best.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Amityel.5324

spectral walk wont save you for sure

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

No Focused Rituals or Vampiric Rituals.

This Well-o-Mancer is not impressed. >_>

in Necromancer

Carrioncrow.6872

I’m sorry I misspoke and said Life Siphon, what I meant to say was Life Transfer. The Number 3 ability while in Death shroud. When you use Life Transfer you heal nearby allies. That’s the ticket.

Number 3 ability while in Death shroud is called ‘Doom’. Life Transfer is bound to number 4.

But the Life Transfer itself is still “healing” your HP as well as gaining LF.

This isn’t true. Traited Life transfer [Blood magic VI, Transfusion] does not heal you.

Have a good day, sir.

Many times I pop Life Transfer just before my DS runs out so my Necro is still using the skill even when he is not in Death Shroud.

I see my HP tick up.

Is there a reason for me to believe that my HP ticking up is only a illusion?

Perhaps it’s an assumption on my part that my HP is being healed while I am in DS, I’ll test this out.

in Necromancer

Dark Ansem.1308

I kinda like the Blood Magic trait. but perhaps I’m a biased dragon age player ;D