@ Necros

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I had a Necromancer ping his build and it didn’t include Scholar Runes.

He used this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Iamoneandiamlegion/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=p

Just how good is this build? Is it better than the scholar alternative?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Can’t you just name the rune instead of of showing a webpage with lots of videos about lots of builds?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If its might duration then no. And i assume hes running the 30/10/0/0/30 life blast build. Sadly its a pretty poor build for dungeons but every power necro seems to run it. And tbh I would rather them run that than some pvt minion build or some weird condi support crap. So its not great but its probably one of the better builds you can hope for from a necro pug.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Spoj yes it’s the might duration one.

He was talking about he had 50% crit from being in DS so going scholar the crit would be wasted.

Just how worse it is when compared to Scholar ?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Note to self: must make my build videos 3x longer and include footage of me killing trash mobs while gushing exuberantly over my epic deeps. Also, would help my view counts if I talked in a Transylvanian accent.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Spoj yes it’s the might duration one.

He was talking about he had 50% crit from being in DS so going scholar the crit would be wasted.

Just how worse it is when compared to Scholar ?

Well theres no crit chance on scholar so yeah…. Scholar runes give power and crit damage. Both of which are good on even that build. Scholar runes are far superior.

I remember when nemesis first released that build. Molch did some calcs and suggestions to improve the build and that included the 10 points in curses and using scholar runes. Nemesis acknowledged that it was far superior in damage but he didnt want to redo a 2 hour video understandably.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Seriously, why do his videos have so many views? They’re terrible.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

There’s no hope left is there Dog? None. T_T

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Well really, not even talking about the builds themselves here, his videos just go on and on dragging about so much irrelevant nonsense. Just get to the point? There is no reason at all to speak so much about so little.

Then you have the actual builds, but of course those are also terrible. His playstyle, his strategy, his approach, everything is just so slow and sloppy.

I guess his accent is kinda sexy, but nowhere near as sexy as Obal’s voice.

Do people actually listen to what this guy says?

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

@ Necros

in Necromancer

J Eberle.9312

They do. They really do. That is why I have no faith left in GW2 pugs.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

My videos are made for casual players that pug/solo most of the time. That information is obviously not nonsence for them, not everyone was born a gamer.

The builds i’ve made also help them play better and enjoy the game more while puging…

I know you great players don’t need advice or to be thought how to play, why are you even watching guides ?
Why does it bother you that i help new commers ?

If there are at least 100 people that benefit from what i have to say then i am happy with that. Shouldn’t bother you regardless… what i do in my free time is my business.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

With the amount of viewers you have Id like you to showcase the meta build aswell. Just so it gets exposure. Even though we know the meta builds for each class we cant compete with people like you for spreading builds. And that causes some people who really should be using a meta build to wrongfully take something subpar because they cant find anything else.

Casual theory crafters get so much exposure they should use it to the benefit of the entire community. Which means advertising top tier builds aswell as their own. Unfortunately noone does that.

(edited by spoj.9672)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

With the amount of viewers you have Id like you to showcase the meta build aswell. Just so it gets exposure. Even though we know the meta builds for each class we cant compete with people like you for spreading builds. And that causes some people who really should be using a meta build to wrongfully take something subpar because they cant find anything else.

Casual theory crafters get so much exposure they should use it to the benefit of the entire community. Which means advertising top tier builds aswell as their own. Unfortunately noone does that.

So advertise builds that rely on exploits, broken mechanics and team coordination ?…
I should advise the casual players to take your melee glass cannon necro and go in fractals ? They’ll go splat in under 3 seconds…

I could do that, but i know full well not even half of them would make it… we established once that in the perfect circumstances your melee build does 5% more damage then my range one…

Now think about how many of them would survive in fractals with yours ?…
Yesterday someone called me to help them in AC p1, they were new commers… they were dying every 10 seconds at trash mobs…

Would you send people like that melee in fractals ? If i would have done it since the beginning, no one would have taken me seriously… they would all say that my builds work only on paper… even so i have people saying that the “conditionmancer” is too squishy… imagine that…

edit: My safe playstyle that is for everyone doesn’t hurt you guys… maybe makes a dungeon take 5 minutes more to complete. But on the flipside… what you guys are promoting is hurting everyone…

The entire game is filled with speed killing elite wannabe’s that die every 10 seconds, and flame and blame it on everyone else. They do that because they copy what they saw someone else do… they saw big numbers not understanding why or how… they drolled, they copied and they use it wrongly with the wrong people which is bad for everyone.

And of course they are never to blame even though they are more downed then alive… how could they, after all they copied the guy that did 54000 whirling wrath by exploiting the bug, with a perfect party composition…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its a bit more than 5% but ok. Im not saying advertise it as a build people should use. Im saying advertise it as something people should consider using if they want to speedrun. I dont understand this hate for efficiency and meta builds. Its completely unwarranted.

And something people always assume about my build is that you have to play it in melee. You dont. I advertise only melee weapons on it because thats the optimum weapon sets for the optimum rotation. But if you need some range you can take an axe or even a staff. Which i do explain in my guide.

(edited by spoj.9672)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Its a bit more than 5% but ok. Im not saying advertise it as a build people should use. Im saying advertise it as something people should consider using if they want to speedrun. I dont understand this hate for efficiency and meta builds. Its completely unwarranted.

You’re not a bad player, or a stupid person… you must realize if this goes on the game is done for…
If they don’t fix all these speed runs… condition builds will be out of PvE for ever alongside any and all form of tank or support builds.

Mix that with the lack of expansion / new dungeons… the game will soon turn into a 1 build only, 3 “viable” classes only… speed kill only… grind fest.

People are already too use to doing speed runs… it’s killing the game, you have to see that…

edit: i am not the only one fighting for a complex game filled with diversity, just that too many people had enough and left… i am not going to be the last one…

When they said they went “away from the holy trinity” i don’t think any of us thought… ohhh… well then, we’ll have only ONE BUILD TO SPEED KILL. If we knew that back then… not even half of us would have bought the game…

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Thats not really the case. Yes there are issues with pve which hinder build diversity such as condi specs. But when going for record times builds are often tweaked to suit the path. Warrior build is stable. But there are many variations of the eles build and mesmers use different setups for different dungeons. Same can be said about guardians and maybe thieves?

The game wont be done for. The speedclearers are the more loyal and longterm playerbase. And many casual players eventually join the speedclear community because it adds a new level of challenge to a rather dull pve experience.

I want a more complex game aswell. So does everyone else. But when they said no holy trinity you must of known there was going to be a meta which involved mostly dps. Its just logical. Even games with a holy trinity have a meta where only very few builds are regarded as good. Just because the meta is pure dps doesnt mean the game is bad. Because the reality is that the defense and support side comes in the form of damage mitigation so we can run full dps and still survive. I think thats a really good and interesting concept.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Thats not really the case. Yes there are issues with pve which hinder build diversity such as condi specs. But when going for record times builds are often tweaked to suit the path. Warrior build is stable. But there are many variations of the eles build and mesmers use different setups for different dungeons. Same can be said about guardians and maybe thieves?

The game wont be done for. The speedclearers are the more loyal and longterm playerbase. And many casual players eventually join the speedclear community because it adds a new level of challenge to a rather dull pve experience.

I want a more complex game aswell. So does everyone else. But when they said no holy trinity you must of known there was going to be a meta which involved mostly dps. Its just logical. Even games with a holy trinity have a meta where only very few builds are regarded as good. Just because the meta is pure dps doesnt mean the game is bad. Because the reality is that the defense and support side comes in the form of damage mitigation so we can run full dps and still survive. I think thats a really good and interesting concept.

You actually enjoy running from corner to corner, stacking DPSing mindless mobs… then speed kill a boss before he has a chance to hit twice ?
Or the fact that the new trend is to weapon switch – buff before the speed killing commence… they are making the inventory into a small slot to weapon switch fast…

You think this is “working as intended” gameplay ?

Yes… i am afraid in time more and more people will join the speed kill community, in this otherwise “rather dull experience”.
Like i said… when ever one particular playstyle is so much more effective then all the other combined, there is an imbalance there… it’s scary to see that a lot of people don’t find that problematic.
For example killing Lupicus the old fashion way, vs killing it via melee bursting + reflect… can you tell me that a boss in an “end game dungeon”, once viewed as the hardest boss in the game, should be killed in under 30 seconds ?…
It is should that should happen ?… In any game… their hardest boss… 30 seconds…

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

It can only be killed in under 30 seconds with experienced players. Casual speedruns dont phase skip so its usually around 50 seconds. And theres more room for mistakes because you have to deal with attacks in phase 3. Kill time is not indicative of difficulty. I think it would be rather boring to have to take 5 minutes on lupi every time just because they decided to buff his hp. If a speed clear group took 5mins to kill lupi a ranging pug would take about an hour. And thats a long time to keep yourself alive for.

(edited by spoj.9672)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Lich King… vs Lupicus…

What do you think the 13 mil players of WoW back then would say if people found out they could speed kill the Lich King ?

I think all servers would have been downed immediately for “emergency maintenance”.

In Guild Wars 2… just another day at the office…
It’s so ridiculous it’s not even funny, and some people even defend it…

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Fror.2163

For doing quite a lot of ranged lupi (yes, pugging), it takes no more than ten minutes per attempt and max 2 attempts. Solo vids show quicker kills than a ranged pug group. So please, one hour is only for newbies.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This thread is so painful. I feel like I’m a silent cheerleader rooting for one side.

Necros… Necros…. I just dislike the camping staff and placing trap circles on bosses that don’t move….

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The difference is wow has a holy trinity and does not reward players for being skillful (dodging and reading tells). So there isnt a dps meta. But there is gearcheck elitism in wow. So its not really any different in that regard.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

For doing quite a lot of ranged lupi (yes, pugging), it takes no more than ten minutes per attempt and max 2 attempts. Solo vids show quicker kills than a ranged pug group. So please, one hour is only for newbies.

I meant 1 hour if they buffed lupi so a dps group took 5mins to kill. Might be a slight exaggeration but with lupis current hp ive seen ranging pugs take 20 mins to kill him.

Considering dps groups take <1min and a pug takes 10mins. If we assume with a hp buff a dps group takes 5mins then a pug would take 50mins. You get the idea.

(edited by spoj.9672)

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: mahariel.4981

mahariel.4981

What a surprise, the popular streamer once again has a million and one misconceptions about speed clearers. And they once again think they know how ArenaNet intended the game to be played. Yes, as far as I know, switching out weapons out of combat is intended. Also, as far as I know, speed running isn’t killing the game, it can actually add variety to the meta as people try and find the strongest classes for certain content. For example, the meta was once quite strictly warrior/guardian/mesmer, but speed runners in casual runs (from guildies … in pugging not so much) will take people of basically any class since they can play them properly, and in record runs/kills they’ll happily take classes outside that trio if they’ll be more suitable.

And for the record, I’m complete trash at fractals, and when I did some pugging and with guildies today, meleeing was pretty much fine. To be honest I normally faceplant in fights that involve any stupid puzzle mechanics because I hate puzzles to the point that I think I purposely resist learning them, looking at you Mai Trin.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) | [LOD]
Morrï Mahariel | Serah Mahariel | Morrï
A bunch of amateur solos from yours truly

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I just watched a Lich King kill video because I was curious about so called challenging boss. It consisted of 10 minutes of people standing still and dpsing/healing/tanking. Fun and engaging fight! Also really challenging! Nothing to do with gear at all.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Fror.2163

I meant 1 hour if they buffed lupi so a dps group took 5mins to kill. Might be a slight exaggeration but with lupis current hp ive seen ranging pugs take 20 mins to kill him.

Considering dps groups take <1min and a pug takes 10mins. If we assume with a hp buff a dps group takes 5mins then a pug would take 50mins. You get the idea.

Ok, I misunderstood what you meant. In that context, you’re right.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Ok so the vid i watched was actually part 1 of 2. So it was actually 20 minutes. How is that any better? Thats just even more dull. I played some wow a few years back and quit because all it was a geargrind so you could do enough dps to kill raid bosses before the enrage. How is that good design?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Ok so the vid i watched was actually part 1 of 2. So it was actually 20 minutes. How is that any better? Thats just even more dull. I played some wow a few years back and quit because all it was a geargrind so you could do enough dps to kill raid bosses before the enrage. How is that good design?

It wasn’t good design… that’s why i came here, looking for something better, not something worse…
The fights there were harder for the wrong reasons, here the fights are only hard for stupid reasons or are not hard at all…

There’s no further reason to discuss this, it’s my opinion after all and it is subjective…
I always found, and always will find games in which you can kill bosses in under 40 seconds… and it takes longer to get there, even by skipping… which btw wtf is that… let’s skip the entire dungeon, reach a boss… kill it in 40 seconds, then do the same thing again… today or tomorrow… same dungeons btw…
I will always find these type of games broken, unrewarding and unchallanging… to me it’s something companies use as an excuse when they can’t make something worth playing.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

mahariel.4981

So let’s get this straight, we’re in the wrong for wanting to efficiently kill bosses, but you deceiving tens of thousands of viewers in to thinking your trash builds are fine is perfectly ok?

Do you understand why I hate almost the entire game community?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Lilith Ajit.6173

So let’s get this straight, we’re in the wrong for wanting to efficiently kill bosses, but you deceiving tens of thousands of viewers in to thinking your trash builds are fine is perfectly ok?

pats on shoulder it’s okay… It’ll be over soon.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Deceiving tens of thousands ?… I must be a really good deceiver then, thank you.

My builds are not trash, they do not perform as well as those designed for coordinated speed kill… only because speed kills are allowed. But then again… no condition build is viable, no support build is viable… no tank build is viable if you put it like that…

I don’t care how much or who you hate, the fact you found a loop hole that i saw, and preached against even before you were in this game, doesn’t give you the right to talk to me like that…

You think you are so good because you guys brainstormed together a way to abuse bad gameplay design into speed killing, and then you decide to talk trash about anyone who doesn’t do that ?…

Really ?… Well then… make a youtube channel, start preaching your ways… you are free to do so, learn from me to be a deceiver, or better yet… you don’t have to, because you are the actual pro, not me.

You’re funny man…

PS: At this rate i’ll get flamed by botters saying how crap i am cause i can’t bot 10 characters at the same time… is this what this game has come to ?

First and only time i will answer you, you are seriously not worth my time not because i am so great and you are so bad… but because you are arguing with one of the few people that actually wants to make the game better… if you’d have it your way, the game wouldn’t even be playable.

Exploit to win FTW.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

J Eberle.9312

Deceiving tens of thousands ?… I must be a really good deceiver then, thank you.

My builds are not trash, they do not perform as well as those designed for coordinated speed kill… only because speed kills are allowed. But then again… no condition build is viable, no support build is viable… no tank build is viable if you put it like that…

So uhm, what does your build actually do…

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Lets see it from the dev point of view…. if we keep speed running everything the dev will just nerf down ALL dps spec damage by half and then well be forced to do the game the right way again? I can understand the players will to do everything the easy way but that doesnt actualy mean its right. Nemesis here support the community by offering build that are easy to play works in prety much all situation (no need for a super group to actualy use it right) and actualy dont get new players downed in less then 5 second, its not actualy behing misleading at all, hes even helping the newer player find a balanced yet usefull build to play,

Meta build are in no way balanced punish player with beginner skill for using them and are by far only good when you have a fully specialised party with specific composition because they generaly lack a field of effect they neglected because another class will suposedly provide it. If everyone started using meta wed quickly run in a dead game with no newcommers and only leavers. Even us the actual player who speed run stuff would eventualy get bored and leave one after another from playing in an empty world.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Fror.2163

If they could simply take phases and randomize them. See Lupicus, it has 3 phases and slight variations in phase 2. Make bosses with a dozen possible phases and select a few randomly that occur in sequence. Those should be designed to be best efficient against a type of play. The boss could even “decide” “hey, they’re going melee? Let’s give the phases against melee more weight in the random phase selection.” “Oh, they melee again? More weight to those anti-melee weight”.

In short, make the boss analyze the type of play and give him tools to play against it.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Lets see it from the dev point of view…. if we keep speed running everything the dev will just nerf down ALL dps spec damage by half and then well be forced to do the game the right way again? I can understand the players will to do everything the easy way but that doesnt actualy mean its right. Nemesis here support the community by offering build that are easy to play works in prety much all situation (no need for a super group to actualy use it right) and actualy dont get new players downed in less then 5 second, its not actualy behing misleading at all, hes even helping the newer player find a balanced yet usefull build to play,

Meta build are in no way balanced punish player with beginner skill for using them and are by far only good when you have a fully specialised party with specific composition because they generaly lack a field of effect they neglected because another class will suposedly provide it. If everyone started using meta wed quickly run in a dead game with no newcommers and only leavers. Even us the actual player who speed run stuff would eventualy get bored and leave one after another from playing in an empty world.

Exactly my point… people quit because no expansion… allow/facilitate the death of the little diversity that is left in the game, people will quit even faster.

Except for those who like to speed kill things for the rest of their lives for no reason other then to measure best time vs other people’s best time, in this… casual game…

How weird is that ?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

If they could simply take phases and randomize them. See Lupicus, it has 3 phases and slight variations in phase 2. Make bosses with a dozen possible phases and select a few randomly that occur in sequence. Those should be designed to be best efficient against a type of play. The boss could even “decide” “hey, they’re going melee? Let’s give the phases against melee more weight in the random phase selection.” “Oh, they melee again? More weight to those anti-melee weight”.

In short, make the boss analyze the type of play and give him tools to play against it.

All they have to do is punish stacking enough so that the PvE is played as intended.
Why do you think melee has more damage then range ?
Is it because they wanted everyone to play only melee ?… why even have range option then ?
No… it is because melee has higher risk = lower DPS uptime = balance.
In this game higher risk = no = max DPS uptime = imbalance… which automatically destroys most of the other builds, such as tank, support, condition and so on…

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Lilith Ajit.6173

Devs haven’t stopped people from speed running throughout the entirety of the game. A year and a half. What makes you think they’re not okay with it?
Also, I’m a believer that build diversity is for wvw and pvp. It is irrelevant in dungeons, which is supposed to be the high end pve where good players go to challenge themselves. Of course noobs will faceplant. Of course bads can’t wear ideal gears. It’s high end pve. There will always be a best build in this situation, and the best players will use it and succeed.

All gears were not created equal for every play style. That’s impossible to do without classes being the exact same.

[ARES]

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Devs haven’t stopped people from speed running throughout the entirety of the game. A year and a half. What makes you think they’re not okay with it?
Also, I’m a believer that build diversity is for wvw and pvp. It is irrelevant in dungeons, which is supposed to be the high end pve where good players go to challenge themselves. Of course noobs will faceplant. Of course bads can’t wear ideal gears. It’s high end pve. There will always be a best build in this situation, and the best players will use it and succeed.

All gears were not created equal for every play style. That’s impossible to do without classes being the exact same.

So… condition, tank and support builds are PvP/WvW only ?… If you are trying to do advertising for this game you’re not doing it right… know what i mean ?

Devs haven’t stopped people because back then they were isolated cases, and people weren’t selling the information on how to exploit on LFG. I feel that it has gone to far, if the devs don’t step in now…

Besides… it’s not like the devs are perfect, look at the current state of SPvP, EVERYONE is complaining… that should tell you something about the state of the game.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Lilith Ajit.6173

So… condition, tank and support builds are PvP/WvW only ?… If you are trying to do advertising for this game you’re not doing it right… know what i mean ?

And open world pve, yes. I’m not trying. To advertise the game. I’m talking about dungeons. There’s more to the game than dungeons.

Devs haven’t stopped people because back then they were isolated cases, and people weren’t selling the information on how to exploit on LFG. I feel that it has gone to far, if the devs don’t step in now…

Back when? And people have been talking about how to exploit parts of the game since the beginning. Should they stop chat capabilities too?

Besides… it’s not like the devs are perfect, look at the current state of SPvP, EVERYONE is complaining… that should tell you something about the state of the game.

It’s actually impossible for everyone to be unhappy. If everyone was unhappy, the game would have to be completely balanced. Someone has to be happy, else the devs have done their job.

We are talking about high end pve here. Dungeons. A miniscule part of the game. People here are amazing players. What you call an exploit, is actually skill. Please, understand that.

[ARES]

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Lilith Ajit.6173

And open world pve, yes. I’m not trying. To advertise the game. I’m talking about dungeons. There’s more to the game than dungeons.

Back when? And people have been talking about how to exploit parts of the game since the beginning. Should they stop chat capabilities too?

It’s actually impossible for everyone to be unhappy. If everyone was unhappy, the game would have to be completely balanced. Someone has to be happy, else the devs have done their job.

We are talking about high end pve here. Dungeons. A miniscule part of the game. People here are amazing players. What you call an exploit, is actually skill. Please, understand that.

Hahaha… corner stacking is skill ? Jumping on edge of the walls and on threes in fractals is skill ?… Luring the bosses into the water so they don’t attack is skill ? Whaaaaattt ?

Let me see now… jumping on the edge in SE, going through the stairs in Arah, going through under the map in CM… disabling “melee assistant” to do double damage with bugged skills then posting it on forums to trick players into thinking they are awesome, then coming on MY youtube channel calling my builds crap because i refuse to do the same…

You people really think i don’t see through all this bullkitten ?
I probably don’t even know all the exploits, but i know enough… and i’ve been in places in this game most of you have never even heard of. I just chose not to advertise and use them…

But you people trash talk me and call it skill ? Ahahahahaha…

I never trash talked you. Please calm yourself. Frankly, I haven’t even heard of those interesting tactics you’re using. Stacking on a boss and killing him can’t be an exploit. If it is, then hurting a boss is an exploit. So don’t even touch him.

[ARES]

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Why would anyone take any of his builds seriously when he promotes celestial gear?

(Talking about his hybrid build)

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Hahaha… corner stacking is skill ? Jumping on edge of the walls and on threes in fractals is skill ?… Luring the bosses into the water so they don’t attack is skill ? Whaaaaattt ?

Let me see now… jumping on the edge in SE, going through the stairs in Arah, going through under the map in CM… disabling “melee assistant” to do double damage with bugged skills then posting it on forums to trick players into thinking they are awesome, then coming on MY youtube channel calling my builds crap because i refuse to do the same…

You people really think i don’t see through all this bullkitten ?
I probably don’t even know all the exploits, but i know enough… and i’ve been in places in this game most of you have never even heard of. I just chose not to advertise and use them…

But you people trash talk me and call it skill ? Ahahahahaha…

I never trash talked you. Please calm yourself. Frankly, I haven’t even heard of those interesting tactics you’re using. Stacking on a boss and killing him can’t be an exploit. If it is, then hurting a boss is an exploit. So don’t even touch him.

Yes, you didn’t… i said “you people” instead of creating a few more replies. I am not using those tactics, that’s why i get kicked sometimes… i learned that people don’t appreciate when someone says “it would go a lot faster if you guys would just stop exploiting”.

Stacking on a boss is not an exploit, the fact that you can do that… is bad gameplay design, which you… indirectly admitted to.

You said in PvE condition, tank and support builds have no room… that means bad PvE. They advertised the game “play the way you want” and also “you don’t have to wait for a tank or a healer”… it was never “you don’t need a tank or a healer, you should only be DPS” they never said that… the fact that now you sort of have to or be kicked is BAD GAMEPLAY.
The fact that you personally like it like this doesn’t make it any less true… and bad gameplay will eventually kill this game.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Learning to dodge and meleeing bosses is an exploit? Wow, you are confused about a great many things.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

@ Necros

in Necromancer

mahariel.4981

If your builds aren’t meta, how are they not trash? If they fit some kind of niche (a bit like how 30/30/0/0/10 on mesmers is the raw DPS build) then that’s fine, they’re more fringe builds, but what purpose do your builds have that other builds won’t do much better?

You think you are so good because you guys brainstormed together a way to abuse bad gameplay design into speed killing, and then you decide to talk trash about anyone who doesn’t do that ?…

How is LoSing and cleaving (melee) bad gameplay design? It’s a problem when it disables attacks entirely (Subject Alpha’s teeth) but it’s good when stacking simply presents the party different threats. Since everyone likes to go on about it, Spider Queen doesn’t use poison in melee but she does use an attack that applies I believe 6 bleeds and weakness. Weakness is absolutely crippling to a party’s DPS so it’s an attack that’s very useful to dodge out of.

Really ?… Well then… make a youtube channel, start preaching your ways… you are free to do so, learn from me to be a deceiver, or better yet… you don’t have to, because you are the actual pro, not me

I have a youtube channel but I haven’t bothered to make guides because everyone has pretty much already covered the meta builds, plus I wouldn’t say I was as qualified as some other people to talk about builds.

First and only time i will answer you, you are seriously not worth my time not because i am so great and you are so bad… but because you are arguing with one of the few people that actually wants to make the game better… if you’d have it your way, the game wouldn’t even be playable.

You think I don’t want the game to be better? I want ArenaNet to fix all of the moronic exploits in Arah, either remove dredge fractal or shorten it by like 2/3rds , make bosses with interesting mechanics like Lupicus (not hurrrdurrr jumping puzzle fights which is the kind of things they’ve done with Mai Trin and Thaumanova, I don’t play dungeons to do ****ing jumping puzzles) and it would be nice if they made condition damage specs viable too.

If I had it my way, ArenaNet would actually have a dungeon team, but they don’t, because Living Story > all.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Of course… internet rule nr 1. Never get involved aka don’t feed the trolls.
Trolling rule nr 1. always put words in people’s mouths, usually exactly the opposite of what they say.

I hope you all have a lovely gaming experience, best of luck to you.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I appreciate you having the bravery to come on this forum. Its a shame we will never agree on whats intended and whats breaking the game.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Fror.2163

Using a DPS build does indicate in no way an exploit. I don’t know why you started that way and now you’re confusing everybody in this thread with that.

Zerker is no exploit.

I’m playing zerker on all my pve characters, yet I report the TA jumping puzzle or the CoE/HotW exploits I witness. Should I report myself for using zerker gear?

@ Necros

in Necromancer

mahariel.4981

I appreciate you having the bravery to come on this forum. Its a shame we will never agree on whats intended and whats breaking the game.

I too appreciate people going “la la exploits” and ignoring literally everything that is said at them.

It really adds to the warm feeling in this subforum.

@ Necros

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Where did people learn that TA puzzle? First time i saw it was when pugs used it so i started kicking them. A large amount of TA pugs seem to know it. :/

@ Necros

in Necromancer

Fror.2163

I don’t know but I witness it in every run now.

I say I’m not good at jumping puzzles and say I’ll wait for the WP to appear. This gives me plenty of time to make screenshots and report them. Only when a mesmer ports me I feel obligated to follow.