Necros are so worthless....

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Now I know, I sound like I’m trolling, looking for a fight, but after three hours at that event, I have never felt so worthless in a video game.

What good are bleeds? Event bosses always have a full stack of bleeds, if you are spec’d for conditions you are a waste. You’re bringing nothing to the party except for lag.

Staff damage? …oh please.

It’s freaking embarrassing how pathetic the staff’s damage is.

If this game, ever, gets any form of damage meter, necros will be blackballed from any form of event.

We can’t do melee, we don’t even have a fraction of the survivability of a warrior, guardian, whatever…

We can’t do ranged, we don’t even have a fraction of the damage capability of a warrior, guardian, or whatever…

Our pets just stand there looking stupid… on second thought, maybe the AI is is too good, maybe they never go into battle because they know they are just gonna die in three hits anyway… worthless!

I dunno maybe I’ve spent too much time playing my guardian, engineer, hunter, mage… maybe I’ve just become spoiled from playing classes that have something to offer.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

ALL truth but you now what it won’t change because somewhere up there a few people think we are fine.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Funny enough i found the minions surprisingly responsive during the karka event. They would at best spend a second or two before running towards my target after summoning.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I ended up using the worm and the scorpion thingy.

Sending in the little guys and blowing them up worked ok, but then if I got aggro, I was a dead man, so I didn’t want to do that.

The worm isn’t all that bad. But why do we teleport to it? It’s just weird. It would be so much better if we could just move it.

Instead we have to get out of combat, change skills to unsummon it, change skills back, wait for the cooldown to lapse…

necros are just mountains of “this sucks”

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I used to have faith in Anet. After discovering they have only 2 people working on bug fixes and class balance my faith is gone. Now I understand why it literally took Anet years in GW1 to fix glaring class balance issues.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

The wurm used to move during the betas, somehow they must have fund that overpowered. Anyways, it moves to some degree if you for get to unsummon it before you head somewhere. But where it ends up may not be the most practical of locations.

As for having two people working on class balance in the general sense i could understand. But if they are also the ones fixing the actual bugs in the code it seems a bit much. Much better to have two people that can triage the incoming data, and pass the actual bugs on to whoever is in charge of that part of the game code.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You could always go with a power/crit build and be supbar to other classes built power/crit but at least you will be doing something.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Don’t lose heart. Just remember it could be worse!

You could be engineers in PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Don’t lose heart. Just remember it could be worse!

You could be engineers in PvP.

That hurt ;-;

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Lol my first class to 80 was a Necro then engineer. I really though both would get love this last patch. Guess ill stick with the guardian.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

left my necro for my guardian. Guardian is balanced, has awesome builds, is useful in and out of a group. Got tired of being last at everything. anet has no idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

left my necro for my guardian. Guardian is balanced, has awesome builds, is useful in and out of a group. Got tired of being last at everything. anet has no idea.

I love my guardian, and I the great sword leap, then the teleport to target to extend my attack to about 1800 range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

Necro was my first class, first with 100% world, first with full exotic. I thought I was good until I leveled Warrior/Guardian to 80. The difference in ability is insane. I’ve barely touched necro in over month now, even though it’s my favorite class. Why do stuff on necro when I can jump on warrior/guardian and do it 3x faster/easier?

Suggest guardian if you want to be near invincible and the most valued member of your group. Suggest warrior if you want to pull ~OMGWTF~ DPS numbers with “better than average” survivability in a “GLASS” spec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You must be new to MMOs. If everybody jumps on the flavour of the month, there will be an imminent nerf for them, so be prepared to say hai to Necro in a few months.

Really is a shame, I want to play a guardian as I like support, but they’ll be nerfed soon as they’re OP … guess I’ll go play post-nerf.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You must be new to MMOs. If everybody jumps on the flavour of the month, there will be an imminent nerf for them, so be prepared to say hai to Necro in a few months.

Really is a shame, I want to play a guardian as I like support, but they’ll be nerfed soon as they’re OP … guess I’ll go play post-nerf.

Anet is not really like that OP stuff stays OP forever with minor changes and underpowered classes will never be OP EVER. GW1 Paragon case and point.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dekazer.3017

Dekazer.3017

EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS TRUE! I played my necro and engineer to 80, now after creating guardian i wonder why the kitten there even is class called “necromancer”. I was waiting for this patch almost a month and it was so big dissapointment. And engineers got nerfs:D:D:D:Dd

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Total opposite here. Played an Elementalist to 80 and got kinda bored with it. Started a Guardian, and got it to 66 before getting VERY bored with Greatsword spinning my way to victory all the time.

Started a Necro and just love it. DS is a cool, interesting mechanic that can be traited in several different ways. Minions, if we forgive the dumb AI, are versatile and interesting additions to most builds or can be combined into a build all their own. Condition builds are great for WvW zerg fights.

Once you get past the fact that the class is just weak on burst damage, it becomes a lot more fun. Is it optimal? I think optimal depends more on player skill than trait builds. I do like it, though. The class has a lot of depth and complexity to it, which makes playing it somewhat hard at first.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Thing is that burst go hand in hand with the active defense design of this game. Meaning that you can’t really sit and do damage over time on something, but instead have to get in, burst and get out until the burst resets, and then repeat as needed.

Most of the necro abilities are built around attrition, having the foe sit there and take damage over time. But in PVP any capable player is not going to stay within your DOT AOEs. And in PVE foes are likely to be pulled off a well or out of AOE unless you maintain aggro for the duration, meaning you put yourself in harms way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Im enjoying my guardian aswell, i feel more powerful and balanced at lvl50-60 in dungeons then on my full decked exotic lvl80 necro.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Little Smoke.5916

Little Smoke.5916

My necro does fine. I enjoy it more than any of the classes I’ve ever made. I’ve specced heavily into survivability though. 0/0/20/30/20 and it takes like 3 thieves and 2 warriors to take me down, while I kill 2 of those thieves. Really fun, imo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

Problem with necromancers are two folds:

1. There is no “glory” build, that would let you deal amazing damage and shine at the frontlines/in front of the group.
2. There is no “omg support” build that would make you indispensable to the group.

All necro builds are in-between 1 and 2. You provide some support, some damage but nothing to get you noticed.

Yes, damage meters will outright kill PvE necros, your damage is just not that great.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

@Little Smoke

Surprised those thieves stay around to allow you to kill them rather than get out of there and leave the mess to the warriors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

The only time I had a thief stay around is when inability to kill me was perceived as an insult to thief’s ego. So he kept trying and trying and trying. I couldn’t do anything to prevent disengagements and resets, so much for “hard to escape from”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

It’s because Jon Peters designed Necromancers.