Necros as a means to escape..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

So basicly guildgroups in wvw take a necro along now to ensure an escape for the group.
The mobility is so bad that when a zerg comes our commander uses us as a distraction with blind/chill on plague with cripple and then runs.

When retreating the call always comes out for “marks/wells behind” while leaping ahead with melee and blinks leaving necro’s to die and put the enemy into combat.

I am really glad with the necro’s new/old role in WvW providing cover “Agains our will” simply because we can’t escape.

It’s pretty discouraging to hear the words “disengage” and “cover behind” because you can simply not get away from leaps blinks or get out of combat etc..

So I would like to welcome everyone to the new necro meta in WvW…Dying.

PS: I would like to note that the necro is the class that stays in combt the longest .. even without minions/conditions or any enemy near i can still take up to 40 seconds to get out of combat. (1.20 min my personal record)
apparently the system is based on replenishing your hp and endurance to full.

Things i experienced:
As a necro i have to travel twice the distance than any other profession i play to get out of combat.
This then takes me 4 times as long and god forbid an enemy still has a condition of me on them.

I don’t know how this in/out of combat system works. but i know it doesn’t work to the benefit of a necromncer.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

PS: I would like to note that the necro is the class that stays in combt the longest .. even without minions/conditions or any enemy near i can still take up to 40 seconds to get out of combat. (1.20 min my personal record)

Things i experienced:
As a necro i have to travel twice the distance than any other profession i play to get out of combat.
This then takes me 4 times as long and god forbid an enemy still has a condition of me on them.

I don’t know how this in/out of combat system works. but i know it doesn’t work to the benefit of a necromncer.

Thanks for this, i always felt sooooo long with necro while i leave combat, meanwhile my warrior insta drops combat. Time for testing and bug reporting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

So true, but fighting in the northern half of a borderland > fighting in the southern half, purely because of cliffs and spectral walk. That’s the only way we can escape.

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Necro can be a good support…with plague u can hinder the enemy and sometimes escape Also running with spectral walk, and go ds+tainted shackles can really make a difference^^ same with putting mark#3 or #5…ok maybe we dont do long distance jumps but we have means of crippling the attacker

lol’d about the ooc thing, 100% whiners attitude

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Necro can be a good support…with plague u can hinder the enemy and sometimes escape Also running with spectral walk, and go ds+tainted shackles can really make a difference^^ same with putting mark#3 or #5…ok maybe we dont do long distance jumps but we have means of crippling the attacker

lol’d about the ooc thing, 100% whiners attitude

whiner attitude?

please explain? i always like to better myself in whining.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Pelopidas.2140

getting out of combat takes longer for necros…we might have problems with the class as a class, but saying we need longer to get ooc makes me think that the general frustation leads to imagining problems that arent there

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

getting out of combat takes longer for necros…we might have problems with the class as a class, but saying we need longer to get ooc makes me think that the general frustation leads to imagining problems that arent there

Not necessairily it could be that there some variables that detemine if you can be removed from combat make it so that necro’s have a harder time leaving combat. Just because it sounds stupid doesn’t mean it is and should be disregarded immediately.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Necromancers suffered and suffers now from more stupid things then this, so dont be rude with us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Not necessairily it could be that there some variables that detemine if you can be removed from combat make it so that necro’s have a harder time leaving combat. Just because it sounds stupid doesn’t mean it is and should be disregarded immediately.

Even of the variables we do know, some of them make sense that the necro takes longer to get out of combat than others.

For example, we know that if you’re dealing damage, you are “in combat”. Necromancers have the longest duration bleeds in the game, which can keep you in combat. However, even this is inconsistent, as condition damage does not always put you/keep you in combat (though sometimes it does).

In addition, since necros have no way to open gaps outside of attacking, the “proximity to enemies” keeps us in combat longer due to being chased, even if we aren’t caught.

There’s no definitive way to say “necros take longer to drop combat than any other class”, but the few factors we do know can make sense.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

place your fleshworm at a good location beforehand and the guardians will be the one who will be the sacrifices (unless they are meditation guards but those are rare in group settings)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

So basicly guildgroups in wvw take a necro along now to ensure an escape for the group.
The mobility is so bad that when a zerg comes our commander uses us as a distraction with blind/chill on plague with cripple and then runs.

When retreating the call always comes out for “marks/wells behind” while leaping ahead with melee and blinks leaving necro’s to die and put the enemy into combat.

I am really glad with the necro’s new/old role in WvW providing cover “Agains our will” simply because we can’t escape.

It’s pretty discouraging to hear the words “disengage” and “cover behind” because you can simply not get away from leaps blinks or get out of combat etc..

So I would like to welcome everyone to the new necro meta in WvW…Dying.

Things i experienced:

in short necro = meatshield …

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

And the in and out of combat mechanic appeares to be based on the distance to the target you last attacked/were attacked from ( i also think there is a timer if the distance isnt met). So because of our poor mobility it will take us the longest to go out of combat (And if being chased it takes longer^^). But hey maybe its sometimes buggy like our down state was…

Those are at least my conclusions when testing it in the mists on golems.

Edit: I tested it with different classes and with no movment buffes/leaps/teleports the time was always roughly the same for all classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Depends on your build. Staff leaves behind marks that keep us in combat when someone runs through them. The jagged horror also creates issues here as well if you have that trait. It’s not imagined.

For the same reason, things like mass invis to escape are hit or miss with the necro.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Not true. People used to say this about Necros always getting aggro in dungeons (dunno if it still happens or if I just learned), until we figured out all the aggro mechanics, and found out that certain Necro builds are literally built with a giant sign saying “HEY MOBS, FOCUS ME FIRST”. It was due to us always having the highest HP, often having a ton of front-loaded ranged AoE damage, and pretty strong sustained damage after that. All of that put us really high on the aggro table for an entire group of mobs right off the bat, which led to them getting into melee range of us (another aggro table mechanic), and then us frantically throwing out as much damage in melee range as possible.

Everything just kind of compounded so that most Necros, especially at launch, being the unofficial meatbag tank for their groups. It was humorous when it worked well, as Necros could actually handle it well (although it looked hilarious running in circles throwing crap behind you to kite); it wasn’t quite as funny with crap like the 8k per shot snipers in CM downing you in two shots.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Pelopidas.2140

@Dalanor: sorry :P
@Bhawb: must agree, kitten lupi always hunts me with guardians in group
@Oozo: jagged horror, i get how it can go attack something, hasnt bugged on me though
@Drarnor Kunoram: <-that guy said it right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Things i experienced:

Thanks for this, i always felt sooooo long with necro while i leave combat, meanwhile my warrior insta drops combat. Time for testing and bug reporting.

Don’t report it as a bug or they’ll come out in the next patch and tell us it’s working as intended. Heck, they may even increase our in-combat time more.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Necro has 3 lives, and easily causes a train wreck of damage through conditions, and even power build.

Give them an escape/movement skill, and they’re even more op than they already are.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Necro has 3 lives, and easily causes a train wreck of damage through conditions, and even power build.

Give them an escape/movement skill, and they’re even more op than they already are.

3 lives? You dont play a Necro do you….
Necro is far from overpowered.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Do you even GW2 bro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Either of you are very good at necro then.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Either of you are very good at necro then.

You’re not counting the elites as a health bar are you, because you do know that they are just an extension of our normal health bar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

we have 9 lifes, like cats yo!

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

we have 9 lifes, like cats yo!

like this one ^^

Attachments:

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Thats doesnt fit in the design of the necro. However this …

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Thats doesnt fit in the design of the necro. However this …

yes it does fit the design of the necro!
Do you see that cat escaping a fight?

E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mookzen.4583

Mookzen.4583

The only form of the vitally needed disruptive CC that cat has is looking a bit menacing.