Necros at 41-50 Fractals (Breakbar Question)

in Necromancer

Posted by: AdmiralSnackbar.4859

AdmiralSnackbar.4859

The 41-50 fractal instability applies boons to enemies on critical hits, which means against bosses you’ll often be hitting something that is fully buffed.

I noticed a few times that If I used Corrupt boon on a foe with stability (stacks?) applied, the break bar tended to drain very rapidly. What I can’t tell from the few times that I did it whether the break bar draining was caused by the acts of other players in the brief window that stability wasn’t active, or whether the fear was doing most of the heavy lifting.

So might a few more experienced necros have answers to the following:

1. How do Boon corruption skills [Including sigils and the well of corruption] affect foes with multiple stacks of stability? Does it inflict 1 second of fear regardless of how many stacks, or does it inflict 1 second of fear for every 1 stack of stability?
2. How does Fear affect the break bar of bosses if they are immune from the actual effects of fear? I know that bosses are immune to all movement impairment effects but I know these things still count as conditions applied to them (So reaper chill will not affect a boss phyiscally but if you have deathly chill the boss is still taking damage)
3. How does fear when applied affect a boss that has another stack of stability applied to him?

The obvious reason I’m asking is because for a few instances it seemed as if a boss with multiple stacks of vulnerability can have that turned into several seconds of fear, which unlike chaining crowd control abilities at fractals 41-50 would apply consistent damage to the break bar. I emphasize the word ‘Seemed’ because this might be too good to be true.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

I’ve also observed that when i corrupt the high stability stacks the bar disappears instantly, so its probably 1 stack stab=1 fear. Im not even sure if that much stability translates to long fears, since the bar breaks immediately. It’s not how corrupt works in pvp though

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

1- I think its 1 second fear no matter how many stab stacks it has. Not sure about that but i think that is how it works.

2- Fear is great to break bar, but its overtime.

3- That idk how to answer, if we follow the logical stab will make it the fear not work, tho.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

1) As I’ve seen, yes, it’s just one second of Fear. Also, if I’m not wrong, it seems to be affected by our condition duration. I have no proof of this, just empirical data.
This means 25 stacks of stability is just one second of Fear, however it may last longer due to condition duration.
2) If the boss is immune to fear it affects no break-bar at all. You also don’t deal damage if you have Terror
3) Stability prevents the crowd control preventing the fear to be applied, so you don’t even deal damage if you have Terror.