Necros claimed to be able to solo "anything"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

In fractals recently, a guy (in a pug) made the statement that a necro can solo Thaumanova. I said, “How? I sure can’t.” He then said they could solo just about anything.

Now, I’m no slouch at the game, but my age does prevent me from reaching the pinnacle of adventuring. However, there’s no fractals that I think I could solo at even moderate levels.

What do I need to do to be able to come closer? Like, surviving all the way through Mai Trin or Thaumanova would be fun. (In a pug, that is.) I’m only interested in improving my Fractals game on this guy (for now). I want to be a better teammate in pugs.

I have a full set of carrion armor. It has 133 AR, so I can play up to level 90 (in fact, beat it for the first time last night — with a great team!) I generally play scepter/focus and staff.

Suggestions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I can safely say I solo’d a lvl 85 Urban Battleground fractal with a viper horror Necro.
As for the pug I’m not sure how he would be able to solo the southern laser room but the rest of the fractal is fairly easy to solo. Did he say what level it was at?

And the key to soloing (in my opinion) is lots of minions. They soak up damage like crazy.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Laser room is easy to solo

you can also do it the other way arround with spectral wlak and flesh wurm doesn’t make a diff

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Minions and viper gear. I’ve seen both of those elsewhere. I’ll take some time and investigate those.

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ikihiki.2316

Ikihiki.2316

I don’t know if soloing dungeons is even an effort, but i have soloed twilight arbor at first try.

I have never done fractals, so i can’t say whether i could solo it or not.

Here is footage of my Twilight arbor solo run:

Go big or go home

Im on fire in Ring of Fire

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Laser room is easy to solo

you can also do it the other way arround with spectral wlak and flesh wurm doesn’t make a diff

I saw that (and others), but I can’t find an explanation of how it works, and the video flies by too fast.

Is he going to the west door and using spectral, then running to the other switch and unspectralling back? That part makes sense, but how does he then get to the force field room quickly enough? And, how does he move from the left console to the right after he triggers left?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TehCorbzor.9852

TehCorbzor.9852

And, how does he move from the left console to the right after he triggers left?

Looks like he used Consume Conditions to cleanse the imob.

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

And, how does he move from the left console to the right after he triggers left?

I mean, how did he move. You’re immobilized when you trigger a console.

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Minions and viper gear. I’ve seen both of those elsewhere. I’ll take some time and investigate those.

Thanks!

OK, I looked into viper gear. I’m wondering why viper over Pahua’s? I barely survive most fractals with my carrion armor, and it has vitality. With neither toughness nor vitality, I’m not sure how I could cope with most mobs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TehCorbzor.9852

TehCorbzor.9852

I haven’t paid attention when doing that in a while, because with my group I always grab #2, but in the video only the last consoles applied imob.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Consume conditions removes all conditions from you (including immobilize).

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Ahhh, I see. Thanks!

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Can someone answer my question about why Viper is preferred over Pahua’s? I definitely like the condition damage being top dog. But, I don’t like dying all the time, which seems to be what happens to typical power/precision builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Can someone answer my question about why Viper is preferred over Pahua’s? I definitely like the condition damage being top dog. But, I don’t like dying all the time, which seems to be what happens to typical power/precision builds.

I’m a power reaper, but the principle is the same. people prefer vipers because they don’t need defensive stats to survive. Reapers already have really high passive defenses with shroud and minions.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

Makes some sense. I played a full-on minion set for the last 24 hours. I seem to have stayed alive a lot better (although the levels were only in the 80s, not the 90s).

Does precision apply to condition damage?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Makes some sense. I played a full-on minion set for the last 24 hours. I seem to have stayed alive a lot better (although the levels were only in the 80s, not the 90s).

The two main reasons for precision on a condi build are Barbed Precision (Curses minor trait) gives a 33% chance to bleed on crit and Superior Earth sigil (60% chance to bleed on crit).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Daddicus.6128

[quote=6222310;Lahmia.2193:]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

The two main reasons for precision on a condi build are Barbed Precision (Curses minor trait) gives a 33% chance to bleed on crit and Superior Earth sigil (60% chance to bleed on crit).

also target the weak, condis give additional crit chance and the precision stat increases condi damage