Necros hardcountered regardless of build

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Q:

This is not PVP or PVE.
This is about WvW solo roaming.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

Necros are the only class that gets hardcountered by some builds on other classes that necros have NO WAY to fight against.

No matter what build the necro uses, certain builds by certain classes will always have a strong advantage against the necro.

In short, any kiting build on any class is going to have an enormous advantage against the necro regardless of the build the necro is using.

I personally dislike this because I think necros shouldn’t be left without any decent way to deal with kiting builds. We should be allowed to have a build that is able to deal evenly with kiting builds.

I can think of a few:
Longbow ranger = we got no build that gives us an even fight against them
Rifle/GS warrior = if he knows how to kite, gosh they are almost as much a nightmare as LB ranger
Mesmer = er…the amount of blinks and invis…
Longrange engineers = er…I can’t catch at all while he runs and throws stuff at me and when I run away he can catch me and stay in range and throw stuff at me…

Just those above we got ZERO builds that lets us fight with them evenly.

I don’t think this is how a class should be balanced. every class should have a build that allows them to fight against another class’s build evenly.
It shouldnt be a case where I got zero builds to counter a LB ranger or zero builds to counter a longrange engineer or zero builds to counter a longerange kiter.

Necros as a class are the only class with zero builds that allows it to fight evenly against certain builds of other classes.
No other class faces this disadvantage.
Vs condi? they got condi clear builds
Vs kiter? they got gap closers builds
Vs melee? they got melee protection builds

Necros?
Vs condi? we got condi clear builds
Vs melee? we got melee protection builds
Vs kiter? we got no build against them

this needs to be fixed. give us a build that allows us to deal with kiting builds fairly and not be disadvantaged from the start.

I see a general trend in the forum.
How to deal with LB ranger? oh you don’t cause we are naturally disadvantage against them
How to deal with Mesmer? the other current active thread on this forum, the replies comes in, oh no you don’t, we naturally have a hard time against mesmers
and the list goes on.

The main problem is we got zero reliable gap closer.
This needs to be fixed.
Give us a lifeline.
Let us have a build, let us have options to fight a long range kiter.

Thanks.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

A:

So what you’ve been doing is forcing necro into a roaming role even though it’s been known for years to have weaknesses in that area, and then complaining when better roaming classes have an advantage. This is the definition of forcing a round peg into a square hole, and you’re complaining that it’s not fitting.

Again, he’s complaining that being good or bad in roaming should be a function of your build, not your class.

Some classes have to be innately better at something than other classes else there would be no reason at all to have more than one class in the game. Sure you can spec for something build wise but doesnt mean you are going to be as effective at it as another class built to do the same thing. Sure you could argue that “play your way, you build” but we know for a fact each class has a design and a designed role/philosophy behind it.

No one’s saying all the classes have to play in the same way. That is what mechanics are for. Adrenaline, Shatters, DS…these have nothing to do with roles in a team. There is no rule that says Adrenaline = better bunker, better damage, better roaming etc.

The classes are all supposed to play differently. However, each and every one of them must be able to fulfill every single role depending on how they are built. So for example, even if a mesmer is a light armor, they should be able to spec as bunker if necessary via evades, reflects, (some) stealth, CC etc.

Bottom line: Roles and playstyles have to come from builds, and not from classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Look at this way, even I’d you lose to a long range build or kiting build. You died a hero, but they live on the cowards they are. Its more of a moral victory really.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

You said solo roaming the game is not balanced for solo encounters even though they happen most of the time but yes I did notice the same thing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

I only ever solo roam, 95% on my necro. I have yet to meet a class that I can’t beat.
Do I lose sometimes? Ofc, but I’d say I win at least 75% of my encounters (no help no adding players etc). Believe me or not, idc tbh what I run works very well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I can think of a few:
Longbow ranger = we got no build that gives us an even fight against them
Rifle/GS warrior = if he knows how to kite, gosh they are almost as much a nightmare as LB ranger
Mesmer = er…the amount of blinks and invis…
Longrange engineers = er…I can’t catch at all while he runs and throws stuff at me and when I run away he can catch me and stay in range and throw stuff at me…

Hey mate.
About the classes above:
Longbow ranger: haven’t lost to it ever since patch hits.
Rifle warrior: haven’t meet one yet, but before patch they wasn’t hard at all.
Mesmer: Some are a pain, others aren’t. I say its 50/50.
Engineer: Only lost 1 fight to it after patch.

The build i most struggle against is Berserker stance + Rampage, the auto win button!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thief.5186

Thief.5186

Honestly this is just a player problem not a class i have never had a problem with these guys we have plenty of ways to get onto ranged classes and once we do its practically impossible to get a necro off you with the amount of Cripple/Imob/Chill we have its just not gonna happen, and the only class that i even remotely have a difficult time with is Mesmer, and thats only if they are PU cuz kitten they can stealth a lot

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Game isn’t balanced around 1v1.

Ofc Necros will have problems with ranged professions as we have terrible in combat mobility and ranged pressure and it’s exacerbated in WvW where there’s plenty of land for opponents to use on you.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I agree with Donee and I will add the Bunker Condi Eles are also painful when they are played Correctly. Solo roaming on any class is one the best way to learn your class, traits, skills and to slowly increase your skill both in howto survive and howto beat other classes.

I spend 90%+ of my ingame time doing this and I still love it.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Rock- “Nerf paper please paper is OP!!”

Ps: scissor is balanced

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

you’re missing my point.
my point is, every class can build to be either paper, rock or scissors.
necro can only go paper or rock. they don’t have the scissors option.

i mean necros dont have the ability to handle kiting builds on even grounds but every other class can build themselves to handle kiting builds.

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Versus-longbow-ranger-in-WvW

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/wvw-vs-mesmer/first#post5243921

these two currently on going threads support my point.
i dont like how our class got no builds that can counter them.

If I run a build that is weaker against a kiting class, but stronger against other more melee classes, fine that is my choice.
but if I want to run a build that is stronger against a kiting class and weaker against a melee class, I dont have that option.

I can only be rock or paper. I can never be that scissors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

No hesnright, a decent longbow ranger is simply not going to be killed by a necrk. There’s nothing you can do except hide behind a rock to force melee range.

The fix to this is increase axe range and give it a pull

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I agree with Donee and I will add the Bunker Condi Eles are also painful when they are played Correctly. Solo roaming on any class is one the best way to learn your class, traits, skills and to slowly increase your skill both in howto survive and howto beat other classes.

Aw yea, i forgot diamond skin eles! When i see that immune i just ran away, no chance for me there.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

Aw yea, i forgot diamond skin eles! When i see that immune i just ran away, no chance for me there.

diamond skin eles are fine actually. if we are condi necro, naturally we are weaker/useless against them. but we have the option to go power build to fight them evenly.

you know, if diamond ele is scissors, then condi necro is paper. but we have the option to go power which is rock/scissors to fight them.

kiters are not fine for necros. we got no build to fight them. we are naturally weaker/useless against them and we got no build option that we can use to fight them evenly.

if kiters are scissors, then necros are paper. and against this particular scissors, we dont have a rock option. against them, all our builds are paper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

you’re missing my point.

i mean necros dont have the ability to handle kiting builds on even grounds but every other class can build themselves to handle kiting builds.

Since you can ONLY be one spec at one time it doesnt matter because there will ALWAYS be a hard counter.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This is exactly what’s the problem, the “Rock Paper Scissors” design.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Necromancer

bhagwad.4281

you’re missing my point.

I agree with this. Every class should be able to build for every aspect of the game and every situation. Of course, they can’t be everything at one time, but to say that an entire class in general is bad at something…that is not acceptable.

in Necromancer

bhagwad.4281

you’re missing my point.

Since you can ONLY be one spec at one time it doesnt matter because there will ALWAYS be a hard counter.

Those hard counters should counter builds, not classes. The philosophy of Anet is that all classes can play all roles. There are no dedicated healers, damage dealers, or tanks. The builds you choose determine what role you play. The class you choose should be able to spec any type of build and fulfill any role. Including that of roamer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

So what you’ve been doing is forcing necro into a roaming role even though it’s been known for years to have weaknesses in that area, and then complaining when better roaming classes have an advantage. This is the definition of forcing a round peg into a square hole, and you’re complaining that it’s not fitting.

in Necromancer

bhagwad.4281

Again, he’s complaining that being good or bad in roaming should be a function of your build, not your class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Actually,there is a build that can match all your encounters. mostly around foot in the grave trait and using spectral grasp and dagger-warhorn

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Some classes have to be innately better at something than other classes else there would be no reason at all to have more than one class in the game. Sure you can spec for something build wise but doesnt mean you are going to be as effective at it as another class built to do the same thing. Sure you could argue that “play your way, you build” but we know for a fact each class has a design and a designed role/philosophy behind it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

You said solo roaming the game is not balanced for solo encounters even though they happen most of the time but yes I did notice the same thing.

Can anyone direct me to where anet offishally announced what they balanced the game around and if they mentioned it solo play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Necros are one class that you’ll run to and kill without a thought. It’s funny because when in WvW, I see a necro, I go for it. Sometimes it takes one to know one. I think we all know our weaknesses and what makes us tick. Lack of escapes is still the #1 reason why people always gun for the necros, and this continues to plague us.

Another reason I like to gun for the necros is because they can be easily interrupted. I know our heals are slow, if you’re a melee and you can’t interrupt me when attempting to CC, then it’s a l2p issue. I also know necros don’t get invulnerabilities, which surprisingly so many other classes have.

If we use our elite abilities, unlike other classes that have strong elites, ours can be ignored…literally. If you see a plague, run out of range, we have no swiftness in plagueform and no way to close gaps, gg mobility. If you see a lich, put up wall of reflection, or again, run away or use los. Or better yet, just side strafe left & right and watch our highest damage attack miss.

I wouldn’t pick a necro to solo roam in WvW, seriously. But I continue to play my necro because I’m needed in WvW group/zerg meta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Bottom line: Roles and playstyles have to come from builds, and not from classes.

As long as classes have inherent differences is class design and functionality there wont be equality. Some classes ,because of design, are going to inherently be better at some things than others. Its literally part of the design of the game.

Some classes have weaknesses and shortcomings by design because the game is balanced around 5v5 and its meant to e if you cant do something or your classes is inherently bad at it that someone else on another class that may be better at that aspect of the game by design can cover you for it.

If you are roaming by yourself in a roaming build regardless of what because you are just one person on one class you will suffer the shortcomings of that class or build because of design. You may have the best roaming build your class can offer but doesnt stop others doing better at you than it on another class just because they are that class. Nobody should be able to do everything just as well as everyone else just because they want to.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s probably ok if Necromancers have a difficult matchup against mobile ranged players

It is NOT OK that Necromancers are hard countered by mobile ranged
It is horrifying to think that necromancer is worse outside of conquest when it is bottom tier in conquest.

Anet has to address this. Either we get some sort of proper ranged weapon, buffs to axe and scepter to make them viable, or some sort of reflect (it ones not even have to be good, just exist).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

@Spectral Grasp.

Spectral Grasp could use a buff. (I think Spectral mastery, which does three things for spectral skills, should do three things for spectral grasp). Other spectral skills get their duration extended, but this does nothing for grasp which isn’t a Spectral buff. Maybe spectral grasp could get a inflicted chill duration buff.

But it’s real problem is that pulls don’t work in this game very well.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I haven’t had much problem with LB rangers I fought one I thought was decent and he caught me off guard. I been running plague and locust signet and usually corrupt boon with staff/scepter+warhorn. A lot of roaming builds rely on boons so I just keep corrupting their boons to keep condi pressure up. Nightmare runes are good if you are worried about being caught of guard.

Warriors have been a little difficult with rampage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

I think bhagwad gets my point totally and put it very clearly.

I haven’t had much problem with LB rangers I fought one I thought was decent and he caught me off guard. I been running plague and locust signet and usually corrupt boon with staff/scepter+warhorn. A lot of roaming builds rely on boons so I just keep corrupting their boons to keep condi pressure up. Nightmare runes are good if you are worried about being caught of guard.

Rampage is fine. Necros have options to counter it. Elite plague form or lich form counters it very well. traited shroud stability and stun breaks counters it to some extent too. Even berserker mode, if you are condi, counter it with spectral walk/wurm or just use shroud to tank through it.
It is fine because we can build to counter it.

BUT KITING IS DIFFERENT.

To all of those who said necro should inherently be weak against something like kiting because of class design/philosophy, I totally dont agree. like bhagwad says, a counter should be against a certain build, and not as a class totally.

Name me one class that can’t build to counter melee. Every class can.
Name me one class that can’t build to counter condi. Every class can.
NAME ME ONE OTHER CLASS THAT CAN’T BUILD TO COUNTER KITING.

Every class can EXCEPT necro.
By counter I don’t even mean to hardcounter kiting, but just to fight fairly and evenly. Necros don’t even have that option.

Even Guardians the 2nd least mobile class in the game can build to counter kiting!
Judge intervention, GS leap, sword blink, healing block, wall of reflect, invulerbility, focus shield.

Guardian is my 2nd most played class and I can fight evenly against a kiting class.

Please give necros the option to build to fight evenly against a kiting class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Eremite, you seem to hardcounter yourself and your previous opinions with every following thread.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

Eremite, you seem to hardcounter yourself and your previous opinions with every following thread.

i am many personalities…not sure if that is a medical condition….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

I have never met a class/build that can counter my mm While roaming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I think bhagwad gets my point totally and put it very clearly.

Rampage is fine. Necros have options to counter it. Elite plague form or lich form counters it very well. traited shroud stability and stun breaks counters it to some extent too. Even berserker mode, if you are condi, counter it with spectral walk/wurm or just use shroud to tank through it.
It is fine because we can build to counter it.

BUT KITING IS DIFFERENT.

To all of those who said necro should inherently be weak against something like kiting because of class design/philosophy, I totally dont agree. like bhagwad says, a counter should be against a certain build, and not as a class totally.

Name me one class that can’t build to counter melee. Every class can.
Name me one class that can’t build to counter condi. Every class can.
NAME ME ONE OTHER CLASS THAT CAN’T BUILD TO COUNTER KITING.

Every class can EXCEPT necro.
By counter I don’t even mean to hardcounter kiting, but just to fight fairly and evenly. Necros don’t even have that option.

Even Guardians the 2nd least mobile class in the game can build to counter kiting!
Judge intervention, GS leap, sword blink, healing block, wall of reflect, invulerbility, focus shield.

Guardian is my 2nd most played class and I can fight evenly against a kiting class.

Please give necros the option to build to fight evenly against a kiting class.

I think you need to be a little more specific take Guardian that builds to counter condi then it would probably be a shout build which should end in a stalemate with a condition necro. He converts conditions to boons you convert boons to conditions. He sacrificed because he won’t kill you. I wouldn’t call it a hard counter unless he is always going to win the fight, but he probably doesn’t do enough damage to you or anyone else for that matter. No way a shout guard can put out enough dps to kill a Warrior.

I’d look at those classes/builds you named look at their strengths then compare the weakness of that build vs the weaknesses of the ones you mentioned about necro.

A guard isn’t catching a gs/sword ranger or a thief so in that respect when it comes to kiting there is nothing the guardian can do at all to overcome it. JI is to long of a cooldown to stay on top of them indefinitely which is why you would want to run medi and be able to push out alot of damage while you are on top of them. Still you gave up the part of condition counters. I personally don’t find medi guards that difficult on my necro many of them lost alot of vitality from the stat gear changes so out sustaining them isn’t to hard, especially since traiting to take selfless daring is kind of out of the question now.

Kiting classes are harder on a necro, but I don’t feel they are impossible rangers/nike warriors/thieves are either built that way because of their utilities or weapons which is the inherent part of the weapon sets they chose. Wurm is probably the worst teleport in the game, but I don’t think it’s class breaking with the changes.

Many world vs world builds are countered by something I make sacrifices on just about every class I play and some fights are definitely harder than others.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer can roam with a PvP build or zerg with a wells build. Do not recall if there are any 1v1+ proof builds.

Necromancer was designed to be kited. Reaper is the same.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I really hope they take a look at reaper now that they nerfed the effect of chill on movement skills. Up the distance on our ds 2 leape or something

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Dark Path is too slow to connect at range with real players. I wish the dev’s would make DP a leap or teleport without the slow projectile and Grasping at Straws an instant port with a blast finisher.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

@Spectral Grasp.

Spectral Grasp could use a buff. (I think Spectral mastery, which does three things for spectral skills, should do three things for spectral grasp). Other spectral skills get their duration extended, but this does nothing for grasp which isn’t a Spectral buff. Maybe spectral grasp could get a inflicted chill duration buff.

Honestly all grasp needs is some more chill/LF. Say 6s of chill base and 20% LF would probably be enough, that’s 25% LF and 9s base chill every 24s with the trait, which solidifies its niche as the best chill/LF skill.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

It is worse now then before, I was able to deal with kiting by using spinal shivers and spec grasp but the current changes made to movement skills really hurt chills ability to slow people down.

Kinda sad and ironic that chill took such a big hit right after the big deal was made about how chill was the anti kite tool for reaper.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Necromancer

bhagwad.4281

As long as classes have inherent differences is class design and functionality there wont be equality. Some classes ,because of design, are going to inherently be better at some things than others. Its literally part of the design of the game.

Some classes have weaknesses and shortcomings by design because the game is balanced around 5v5 and its meant to e if you cant do something or your classes is inherently bad at it that someone else on another class that may be better at that aspect of the game by design can cover you for it.

If you are roaming by yourself in a roaming build regardless of what because you are just one person on one class you will suffer the shortcomings of that class or build because of design. You may have the best roaming build your class can offer but doesnt stop others doing better at you than it on another class just because they are that class. Nobody should be able to do everything just as well as everyone else just because they want to.

We’ll have to disagree. Mind you, nothing is stopping Anet from adding a few necro options for either:

1. Teleport (reliably I mean…you can’t count on DP to hit a 1200 range enemy)
2. Reflects
3. Some movement skills

None of these options are inherently antithetical to the necromancer. Classes are different, yes. The mark of a well designed difference is one that allows you to do the same things differently. It’s simply not a good option to say “xyz class is bad at abc”. The ideal is that you should be able to say “xyz build is bad at abc”.

No one wants to do everything. But everyone wants to be able to do each thing individually.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

If you like to roam, Necro is the wrong class for you. The Necro lacks simple core abilities you need to have for roaming which is mobility and disengages. If i were you i would level a Mesmer or a Warrior for solo roaming.

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

If you like to roam, Necro is the wrong class for you. The Necro lacks simple core abilities you need to have for roaming which is mobility and disengages. If i were you i would level a Mesmer or a Warrior for solo roaming.

that is precisely the problem. why is necro the only class without this ‘roaming’ ability?

every other class can engage or disengage at will if they build for it.

trapper ranger
GS+S/D ranger
any thief
PU/blink heavy mesmers
GS+S/x warriors
GS+S/x medi guards (engage kiters easy, disengage depends on situation)
rocketboots perma swiftness engineers
cantrip dd eles with flaming sword elite

every class can.
except…

edit: anyway thats not my gripe here. my gripe is that in combat against any class with a kiting build, a necro doesn’t have a build option to fight them evenly. this is a problem that no other class faces.

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

People seem to be mixing up two things here:

1. Necro as a roaming class.
Arguably necros can’t solo roam as well as other classes because of their low mobility.
Imo being able to escape a few situations has its advantages but it doesn’t mean you accomplish anything more as a roamer than a low mobility class like the necro.

2. The original post here says that necros – regardless of build – lose straight up 1v1s against certain classes. This has nothing to do with roaming, mobility or escapes.
Also, I completely disagree with this statement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

Why should this be acceptable? Just because I happen to like necro the most I’m excluded from a LOT of game modes.

I have tried to roll other classes but I just can’t enjoy playing with them knowing that its not the character I really want to play.

I AM NOT BUYING HOT

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

People seem to be mixing up two things here:

1. Necro as a roaming class.
Arguably necros can’t solo roam as well as other classes because of their low mobility.
Imo being able to escape a few situations has its advantages but it doesn’t mean you accomplish anything more as a roamer than a low mobility class like the necro.

2. The original post here says that necros – regardless of build – lose straight up 1v1s against certain classes. This has nothing to do with roaming, mobility or escapes.
Also, I completely disagree with this statement.

it isn’t a straight up 100% lose but a fight that doesnt give the necro a 50-50 chance.
i am not even asking for a build option to hardcounter a kiting build, but a build option to fight evenly with a kiting build.

as of now, 2 equally skilled players, kiter vs necro, kiter has a 70-30 advantage at least.
and we got no builds currently on the necro to even make it 50-50. let alone a build that allows us to 70-30 a kiter.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

After reading all this I think necros should have a stealth skill. It’s thematic, Dark scary monster appears out of no where. How many movie monsters (Jason, Freddie etc) just vanished when the victim looks back. Vampires vanish in a puff of smoke or swarm of bats. Our escape and possible answer to mobile characters should be some kind of stealth and better pulls. Our teleport and pulls would work better (even slow as they are) if our target didn’t know which direction they were coming from.
Agree? Disagree? Or just know it may never happen.

How about a Master trait called Ghost Form where the necro seems to dissolve into a pool of blood (leaving behind a cool graphic) when they use their heal skill granting them stealth and mist form for 3 seconds.
OR an elite skill that does the same thing for a 5 second duration but the necro can’t attack in that form.

(edited by Akrasia.5469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

The low mobility of necro should guarantee he is the best in combat but we carry some wannabe design in skill,weapons and traits the excuse was always necro is part of GWEN most forgot they gutted mesmer so we could get a spot. Don’t quote me on that but I blame it on DS.

I’m sure we are never getting stealth same reason we are not getting fire fields and not stupid blast finishers and after what Robert did to PU or whoever did it I’m not supporting stealth on necro some nasty nerf will happen because we have to facetank. Necro should have taunt and more pulls even as mostly range class we are so slow.

Another thing you can’t really balance WvW necro especially since it’s possible to have full LF before every fight yes I’m blaming DS again. Sticking to a small squad has always been more effective.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

@Spectral Grasp.

But it’s real problem is that pulls don’t work in this game very well.

It could be that i misunderstand you but spectral mastery actually increases the chill duration of spectral graps by 50% (makes the 4 second into a 6 second chill). For some strange reason it doesnt show in the tooltip though.

That said spectral graps should be far more relaible. Even without dodges/blocks etc. it is to easy to avoid.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Alright, I’d like to see some builds if everyone is saying necros can’t solo roam. Solo roaming is about 70% of my playtime nowadays and I feel stronger than ever with the last patch. Before I could barely solo a fully upgraded camp, while now Blood Magic is helping me sustain in shroud.

From my experience a power spec with wells is good to flip camps, while a build with spectral skills is easily the most sustain we can get. I roam against zerker warriors and guards, condi thieves, condi mesmers, power engis and power/condi rangers and while I have a hard time against rangers (ugh Longbows) and Mesmers and Engis after the last patch (luckily grenadier is disabled), guards, warrs and thieves are rather easily scared.

One thing to note tho is that I don’t use any of the necro elites. I either use warband support (charr racial) or Mistfire Wolf for the burning and chill.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I’ve always solo roamed on my necro and I’ve never had any issues killing off most classes 1v1, so you’re just doing it wrong. I believe the only time I’ve had issues are with warrior who’s running GS/Sword and board With zerker stance and rampage amongst and is able to disengage enough times to drain my life force and then return back to finish me off. I’ve had a few issues with mesmers but not much recently. I’am running a terrormancer with perplexity runes though, so again I feel I have the upper hand in most fights as it is.