Necros lack escapes! (WvW)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Will I bound to use flash wurm? or spectral walk? both of these are our only escapes as far as I know,and the flash wurm is kinda useless in wvw combat,we only got the spectral walk which is also not that great.Being power necro,I really cant avoid CC(except with dodges or getting stability via elite O.o) + cant really avoid pressure.

My question is,do you have tricks or ways to avoid constant pressure(for example getting 2 sticky warriors attack you or ranger from far) I just shout to my temmates help me im gonna get downed :[ I really dont know how to avoid pressure when it happens,cant escape!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Not any specific tips, but for any solo roaming (if thats what you play) watch this:

You can maybe pick up some tips on how to avoid pressure/getaway/etc

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dark Path on ambients also works wonders, and that is available to every build.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Its our achilles heal for having so much cc and relative tankiness. I would like to see one leap with the new weapon however..

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

As mentioned, spectral walk is good for juking. Wurm is meh and DS 2 is also meh. As for getting pressured on 5v5 and stuff: I often run this build when im with my zerker party. Incredible sustain and theoretically 42.8% uptime on stability! But the damage is somewhat low for my tastes, i do miss close to death and death perception but hey, why am i in a party with 2 thieves?

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fRUQNBmQDbkjmabbtx4GOcTgLUQ+mBQkhQJQdcEGfBA-TlDEwAwUBRvOgoKFIcFA2qEkpSOWqQoVZQHNCt1Ekb/BAPAgHHEAXqPQGgqtA-w

Id go more zerker if i wasnt too lazy to switch gear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Yeah, lack of stability and some kind of teleports or dashes - our weak point.
But we have tons of HP because of this. In the WvW we are able to have up to 38k HP in the full Zerk gear!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Then stop trying to flee, coward! :p

The necro is defensive by design and pretty much the opposite of an offensive thief or mesmer. You arent meant to have escapes, you are meant to hold your ground – ground that incidently have a tendancy to kill anyone who walks on it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avery Faustus.3015

Avery Faustus.3015

^

Send your foes fleeing with fear! and chill them to make them slower! :o lol I have noticed this too. I can hold my own for a decent bit against 3 people before going down in PVP. >_< then I get over whelmed and die T_T

Zatamiri – Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The good old ‘stand there and take it up the …’ motto.

Generally speaking classes are either swift and nimble or slow and steady. The Necromancer is neither.

How do you expect the class to hold its ground and fight through every engagement without stability? On top of this, a lot of the Necromancer’s skills have long cast times or are channeled so they’re easy to avoid and interrupt. Especially if you play a power spec.

Something needs to change. Either the class needs to be given the tools required to escape a melee train and repositon itself to reliably deal damage, or it needs to be given the tools to reliably deal damage while face to face with the enemy.

Personally, I’d prefer it be given 1 or 2 more reliable methods to escape a melee train so it isn’t so reliant on its team in PvP and can also roam more effectively outside of a condi spec in WvW. But it also needs stability so it can be more self sufficient in WvW and PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Kite.

As a Necromancer, it’s difficult to stay ahead of your opponents but if you play the field properly you can easily kite people in to your favor. That’s the best part about WvW roaming, you can fight on your terms. Keybind a lookbehind key and use it often so you’re not caught off guard. Sometimes you will be regardless of how often you’re checking behind you, dying is a part of roaming, don’t let it discourage you.

A roaming Necro is difficult to get the hang of, it takes a lot of positional awareness and strategic timing when flipping camps, killing yaks, etc. You’ll get ganked from time to time but that’s not a problem that is unique to the Necromancer, it happens to everyone.

Bringing 2 stunbreaks is a good idea if you’re solo roaming. Personally, Spectral Walk and Spectral Armor are frequently on my utility bar although from time to time I’ll swap out Spectral Armor for something else depending on the situation.

Use bridges, trees, hills, towers what ever you can find to obstruct people and kite them around. This isn’t the method you should always be using but if you need to go on the defense, kiting them is a good way to wait for cooldowns and force your opponent to play in to your favor.

Also note that due to our naturally high HP and our ability to deal rather high damage we can go balls deep from the get go. Personally, I find it best to start fights as aggressively as possible when on my Necromancer and opening with a Dark Path is a great way to do so. Try not to let people get the first hit on you because the sooner you lay on the pressure the more health you have to deal with damage later on.

P.S. Develop a spidey sense for danger if you’re really keen on roaming as a Necro. I’m a fan of it as well and I’ve found having an intuition for zergs or ganks really helps to keep me alive.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Thank you for all good advices!

@Holl,will watch that thank you!
@Drarnor,ambient are not always present,especially after I use DS #4 and #5 ^^
@Kilger,really looking forward to it ^^
@akaCryptic,would check it out,thanks!
@Dawdler,But when I do try to make a stand I just get CC chained
@Atherakhia,I hope the new GS would answer it!
@SpellOflniquity,these are some very good tips thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Random deer or moas also work, but you get put into combat (on the rare occasion you weren’t already).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver