Necros need more source of fear

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

Usually i see in this forum debating about fear duration (specially compared to others disable like knockdown):
the point for me is not about duration (as fear is the less counterable cc in the game, as it pass even trought “defiant”) but about sources of fear.

Even as a core mechanic of necromancer, we have only 1 weapon skill (sticked to staff) and 1 death shroud skill in a normal situation and 1 downed skill and a trait that work every 90 second when disabled.

We should get at least one utility skill that give fear to allow us to use it when staff is not equipped.
As we have traits related to fear “Wail of doom” from warhorn should fear instead of dazing.
There should be even some more traits that give fear (for example a trait in the soul reaping trait line that give fear to your target when you enter in death shroud).

(Sorry for my crappy english Hope you will get anyway my point)

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I understand your point and I would love more sources of fear if I could not get a good reliable knockdown since Fleshie the flesh golem will not always knockdown the foe i want.

in Necromancer

Posted by: androidsheep.4271

androidsheep.4271

considering that the developers see the necro as the class that you shouldn’t be able to get away from I think we really need less skills that help our enemies escape, not more. I say replace all fear abilities with a paralyzing ability, it fits with the idea of being a necromancer and it makes more sense to the way the class is apparently supposed to play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Another game (whose name we can not speak) added a new CC type called “horror” which was a combination of root and fear. In this game that would just effectively be the same thing as a stun since there is no seperation between physical and magical CC.

Also, there are times when you want fear to work the way it does now. Pushing people away from stomps and/or revives or fearing people off of cliffs and edges.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

Necros should have the best fears out of the box, without traits. It shouldn’t even be a question.

in Necromancer

Tiborb.1453

Necros should have the best fears out of the box, without traits. It shouldn’t even be a question.

Best and more.
3 sec fear from thief is unacceptable: if a thief steal a sniper rifle from a well trained sniper in real life, he will be never able to do better then him becouse of the lack of trainig.
In game should be the same!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noriega.8763

Noriega.8763

Id rather more snares

in Necromancer

Posted by: androidsheep.4271

androidsheep.4271

Also, there are times when you want fear to work the way it does now. Pushing people away from stomps and/or revives or fearing people off of cliffs and edges.

there are times when that is very useful, but tbh if I could choose between pushing someone away from a revive for 1s, the very rare occasion where I can push someone off a cliff, or reliably locking down a thief for a few seconds while I hit him with wells I know which I would pick.

maybe we shouldn’t get rid of all fear skills, but for a class that needs to keep its enemy locked down we don’t have nearly enough skills to do that effectively. just now I chased a thief halfway across a map, he was down to a tiny bit of health and then he vanished into thin air, never to be seen again. I did use fear once, but as I said all that did was help him escape, if I had a way of completely stopping him he would have been finished.

I think all this fuss about fear is because its a gimmick or something, we feel that we should have fear because it fits with the idea of being a necromancer, even though most of the time it doesn’t really fit with the way our class is supposed to play. so I stand by what I said, we need less fear not more of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

This has bothered me as well. We really do lack a lot of fear options and the fact that two other classes can fear longer than is us is kinda ridiculous. We should be the most feared class!

I also wouldn’t replace the skills function. Having the enemy run away is extremely useful. I use it in dungeons and WvW to get the enemy exactly where I want them so I allies can finish them off. Not to mention the countless time is has saved me in the jumping puzzles. Fearing to their death is by far the most hilarious form of death I can think of =)

(edited by Storm of the Ages.9076)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Give the axe a fear skill. I’d love a reason to take that weapon. The lack of fear options have bugged me since BW3 as this was a mechanic originally slated as a necro’s specialty.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Warhorn’s Wail of Doom should apply a PBAOE 600range 1sec fear rather than its current effect. Master of Fear doesn’t get the opportunity to make people crap themselves by blowing on a warhorn? Ridiculous.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

I would also like the warhorn to have fear instead daze, in fact because the skill is close range it would be an excuse to have a fear longer than one second for once.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talset.1456

Talset.1456

I am not trilled about fear and do not remember experiencing a non-necromancer causing fear before. It often helps enemies evade and escape at bad times. I generally use it as a response to being in a vulnerable state which I suspect a new fear spell would not cover. Fear feels situational, and it is often double-responded to with stealth and stability which is fine too, in my opinion.
Like a few others in here I do not ask necromancers to have more fear abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I just hate that outside of DS and down state, we have only 1 skill that specifically applies fear, however we have 2 traits that specifically enhance fear. I think this is clear evidence that originally the necro was to have more fear options, but it was taken last minute. I want my fear back, as a necromancer all should see me and despair with fear!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I would like to see Fear on both the Warhorn (Wail of Doom) and the main-hand dagger. The main-hand dagger just kinda loses to everything (need straight damage? Go axe. Conditions & control? Scepter. Durability and utility? Staff), so giving it some Fear would do wonders to making it worthwhile.

Perhaps a 1/2 second fear on the last strike in the auto-attack? Makes the dagger an extremely disruptive weapon, then, and have a reason for existing.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Perhaps a 1/2 second fear on the last strike in the auto-attack? Makes the dagger an extremely disruptive weapon, then, and have a reason for existing.

I don’t think you realize just how over powered any interrupt on an auto attack chain would be. Even if it was a 1/4th second fear it would make necromancer a staple in PvP due to the ability to make it impossible to stomp any ally you are near ever.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laef.4519

Laef.4519

The main-hand dagger just kinda loses to everything (need straight damage? Go axe.

Your kidding right? Axe for damage over dagger? or for damage at all for that matter.. lol.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find exitsurvey.guildwars2.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The main-hand dagger just kinda loses to everything (need straight damage? Go axe.

Your kidding right? Axe for damage over dagger? or for damage at all for that matter.. lol.

Consider that the Axe stacks vulnerability (so the damage is higher than listed, always) and has higher Power scaling than the dagger, grants retaliation, and has a shorter, higher-damaging channel with a faster recharge. Factor in the fact an Axe has a significant range advantage over the dagger, plus the weapon strength is always higher on an axe.

Yeah, the Axe does more damage than the main-hand dagger. Significantly so, in fact. I’ve seen people spouting about how awesome it is that they get Life Siphon to hit for 9k damage. If I’m not hitting that with my axe 2, the target must have Protection or I’m under Weakness (it usually hits for 10-11k). That’s before I get Might/Fury. I also am running 0/30/20/20/0 on traits, so my Power isn’t that high and I don’t have the axe damage amplification trait.

I don’t think you realize just how over powered any interrupt on an auto attack chain would be. Even if it was a 1/4th second fear it would make necromancer a staple in PvP due to the ability to make it impossible to stomp any ally you are near ever.

I realize the power of that, and no, I would never expect that to actually happen. I would put the fear on Dark Pact, actually. The immobilize, while nice, just doesn’t seem very… “dark pact”-ish.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laef.4519

Laef.4519

Yeah, the Axe does more damage than the main-hand dagger. Significantly so, in fact. I’ve seen people spouting about how awesome it is that they get Life Siphon to hit for 9k damage. If I’m not hitting that with my axe 2, the target must have Protection or I’m under Weakness (it usually hits for 10-11k). That’s before I get Might/Fury. I also am running 0/30/20/20/0 on traits, so my Power isn’t that high and I don’t have the axe damage amplification trait.

I hate to break this to you but other than for the retaliation on axe 3, the axe is just awful for damage. Life siphon is not very good for damage it’s from the auto attack the dagger gets its damage, life siphon is very situational..
I suggest you do some testing comparing the kill time of the two.. or if you don’t wanna do that I suggest you read this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Axe-what-is-it-s-use/
or any other thread where people have done some testing..

Don’t get me wrong I like the axe and would love to swap my dagger for it but the damage is just way too low.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find exitsurvey.guildwars2.com

in Necromancer

Tiborb.1453

Guys, please, stay on topic!

Necro should be an friction fighter AND a class hard to escape.
Fear, more often don’t simply “help” people to run away, because fear help you to don’t let the enemy use escape skills. Why? Because fear is a disable: a well timed one will prevent people to evade skill like spectral grasp.
Fear is a great mechanics to interrupt high killing manouvre like a thief combo or a warrior HB, helping us to fulfill better the friction role and whould be NOT op, as other classes still have better disable (better in duration and disponility but counterable with stability).

(edited by Tiborb.1453)