Necros should be angry about minion AI

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I asked Hamm (PvP designer guy) and he said controlling minions is fine, lack of sunbreaks is fine because DS has fear, and some other stuff. It made me feel very unsure of ANet, it sounded more like too lazy to fix than a genuine “I feel like necros are in a good place”. After asking him a few questions, I don’t feel quite a bright about the future of fixes lol

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I’ve given up being angry at minion AI.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I give you this:

Try pressing one.

And also:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necromancer-pets-will-not-always-attack/page/2#post2059121

2nd page about halfway down. There’s your answer. Stop complaining already.

Yeah… That was four months ago. Not really relevant to current time.

On the upside, they don’t aggro as badly as they used to as of the April patch. The pathing is the current issue it seems. If there’s a ledge or uneven ground, there’s a fair chance that the AI will detect impossible pathing and so they just sit there. I find that staying mobile usually works, as they’ll be forced to move in your direction and then possibly find a working path to the enemy. Annoying, yes, but still workable.

Even so, the pathing issues make the build unreliable with a full bar of them, and the unresponsiveness of some of their abilities doesn’t help either. Shadow Fiend always waits a few seconds to use the Blinding ability, and more than half the time the Bone Fiend’s immobilize skill won’t even go off.

I think that the April patch was a sign that they will eventually get to it, I just think they’re swamped with a mountain of other things. We just have to be patient.

…Very patient. xD;

Hoopa doopa.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I asked Hamm (PvP designer guy) and he said controlling minions is fine, lack of sunbreaks is fine because DS has fear, and some other stuff. It made me feel very unsure of ANet, it sounded more like too lazy to fix than a genuine “I feel like necros are in a good place”. After asking him a few questions, I don’t feel quite a bright about the future of fixes lol

Doesn’t surprise me. Honestly, if ANet actually thought that there was anything wrong with necromancers, they would have already come out and said something. The fact that there are barely any devs posting on these boards, the only fixes we really get are tooltip corrections and some minor bug fixes while the major bugs are left ignored, and the fact that minions are so hilarious busted right now is a pretty big indicator that they really do believe necros are fine, or they really just don’t give a skritt as you say.

The only response we’ve gotten regarding the actual state that necromancers are currently in hasn’t even been on this board, but on the sPvP forum. That really should tell you where ANets priorities are right now.

Its been 9 months since this game released and there hasn’t even been so much of a hint that they intend to do anything with us balance wise.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

The minion part is true, controlling them works wonderfullly in pvp. The problem is that it works like total kitten in PvE and WvW, it is somehow understandable that a PvP designer guy might not know or give a kitten about PvE and WvW.

The worm is one of the best stunbreakers in the game, as it is also a teleport to a convenient location (And a lot more things). PvP Guy is also correct with his appreciation of deathsrhoud and fear, deathsrhoud does work like a stunbreaker of a kind in the sense that you can use it to tank a burst that takes advantage of the cc. Furthermore there are traits for stability on deathsrhoud and Runes of Sanctuary synergize nicely with the necro. Fear is incredible once you start to predict a stun is coming instead of reacting to one that already did, this just means a way higher skill req to work.

What PvP Guy might not know is that Doom is currently bugged and will do nothing (but trigger cooldown) if activated just as you enter DS. You have to br like half a second standing there for it not to bug. This kittens PvP Guy’s argument, he should look into fixing it.