Necrotic Grasp 100% projectile finisher

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thefire.1583

Thefire.1583

Since necromancer’s staff auto attack is slow it shouldn’t be over power to change it to always be a projectile finisher.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d much prefer it gain an effect like weakness on hit so we can finally say it actually has utility without lying to ourselves.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Doesnt matter cz the projectile still wont hit

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I’d much prefer it gain an effect like weakness on hit so we can finally say it actually has utility without lying to ourselves.

You mean something like this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stoning?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Could do with both to be honest.

Stoning is one of eles worst auto attacks. But its better than our staff auto. If our staff auto had weakness and 100% finisher it would be almost the same. Except it would have pierce, life force and a very minute damage advantage (which can be ignored because of ele damage traits). I think thats fair seeing as staff is terrible for everything except for mark spam in zerg vs zerg.

At the very least we need the 100% finisher though. RNG finishers are the epitome of bad design.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Actually yeah, I forgot stoning was a projectile finisher (should have known its ele), both would be great.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s really sad when people are making compromises about staff to be just as kittentaff ele earth auto instead of worse lol.

Necro staff as well as any weapon that isn’t greatsword needs sizable buffs, period.

in Necromancer

Thefire.1583

Could do with both to be honest.

Stoning is one of eles worst auto attacks. But its better than our staff auto. If our staff auto had weakness and 100% finisher it would be almost the same. Except it would have pierce, life force and a very minute damage advantage (which can be ignored because of ele damage traits). I think thats fair seeing as staff is terrible for everything except for mark spam in zerg vs zerg.

At the very least we need the 100% finisher though. RNG finishers are the epitome of bad design.

Agreed

It’s really sad when people are making compromises about staff to be just as kittentaff ele earth auto instead of worse lol.

Necro staff as well as any weapon that isn’t greatsword needs sizable buffs, period.

necro in general needs buffs I’m just stating one thing that should happen atm since the staff’s auto is very slow which makes it difficult for the attack to become a projectile finisher.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vigil.8205

Vigil.8205

Mind if I cut in. As I see it the weapons skill system for the necro needs a return to the fact overall. Our weapon skills suck. I have play nerco since the start of GW2 and I have to say it’s weak in a lot of areas. First lets look at the Axe the first weapons new players get when they start the nerco. Its damage output is all over with a focus on stacks of V and boon removal with a life force gain skill in the center. Next we have the dagger the only weapon most nercos run now and it our best options due it fast attacking CC and life gain skills. While its off hand counterpart is a sad skill set of a 4sec blind that might bounce if u r lucky and a cripple/bleed which is an aoe. Then we have the scepter our best condi based weapon which attacks slowing and hits like a wet noodle unless we have quickness. Thats just leaves our Focus and Warhorn the off hand weapons. The Focus is a condi based weapon u would think but nope is a boon removal and a small heal pulse. While the has a hit or miss hard CC with a speed boost that cripples people around you. The last weapon we have is our Staff the prime weapon used by all mages in all game know to kill waves of enemies and what do we get a slow attack with a 20% to create a finisher that goes in a line not a row a line which just side step and we miss with a low damage. With the options of using our four marks which are a dodge roll or block before they r useless. Only time I can use them is we the people are focused fight other and not focused on me. But then again us nerco having an any AOE is wrong or condi burst or condi clear. If our weapon are at all going to get any better is if they all gave us a set amount of Life force on usage of attacks and some sort of synergy between them.

Timekeeper’s Condi Reaper
David Mortem
Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Thefire.1583

@vigil well thankfully Robert stated that he is working on axe and scepter. Best thing we can do right now is give him other ideas on improving necro and the idea of having all necro’kittens apply life force is great one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Think it’s fair to note that Stoning isn’t really used that often either. Singe target weakness and a projectile finisher on an attunement with no combo fields is kinda meh. There is almost always something better the ele could be doing than casting Stoning. I’d honestly prefer some unique mechanic for Necro Staff auto. Maybe have it stick to the AoE nature of staff and explode on hit like Lich Claws. Or have it apply a debuff that increases the effectiveness of marks that hit the target within a certain period of time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Difference is that we would actually have a use for the projectile finishers if it was guaranteed. Because our fields are on utilities. So we could life steal in our dark fields. Or poison/confusing bolt with CPC/spectral wall. The problem is that right now the RNG destroys that possibility. The fields dont last long enough and necrotic grasp is too slow so you are lucky to get even one projectile finisher proc in any field (yours or an allies).