Necrotic Grasp - Why 20% finisher?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josh.4016

Josh.4016

Let me preface this with I’m still getting the hang of combos in general. This seems like it would pair great with Chillblains poison field if it was reliable. It seems like that or changing/making our blast finisher Putrid mark cause a bleed with enfeeble via the weapon or from the curses talent weakening shroud.

Any thoughts? Just seems like two neglected skills that could really improve the QoL for necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

100% finisher would be good just like Rev hammer.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Let me preface this with I’m still getting the hang of combos in general. This seems like it would pair great with Chillblains poison field if it was reliable. It seems like that or changing/making our blast finisher Putrid mark cause a bleed with enfeeble via the weapon or from the curses talent weakening shroud.

Any thoughts? Just seems like two neglected skills that could really improve the QoL for necro.

heh, I would like it to be just actually able to hit targets more often. As it is now, due to high mobility of oppnents, + buggy terrain travel handling, + evades, reflects, blocks, dodges, invuln, stab, etc. etc. it has become an almost useless skill.

If I wanna catch someone then I am 100x better off using corrupt boon + RS 2 on them followed by scepter 2 or staff 3 rather then necrotic grasp. its just a waste of utility slot.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

heh, I would like it to be just actually able to hit targets more often. As it is now, due to high mobility of oppnents, + buggy terrain travel handling, + evades, reflects, blocks, dodges, invuln, stab, etc. etc. it has become an almost useless skill.

If I wanna catch someone then I am 100x better off using corrupt boon + RS 2 on them followed by scepter 2 or staff 3 rather then necrotic grasp. its just a waste of utility slot.

Necrotic Grasp is the staff auto attack…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Doh, mah bad. I was thinking Spectral Grasp…. I don’t even understand why they named it “grasp”, since it doesn’t grasp anything just causes some damage. Maybe it should, so it lives up to its name a bit.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Doh, mah bad. I was thinking Spectral Grasp…. I don’t even understand why they named it “grasp”, since it doesn’t grasp anything just causes some damage. Maybe it should, so it lives up to its name a bit.

The AA animation looks like a grasping hand

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

should be instant grab on oponent and able to place oponent on our targeted area dealing massive aoe damage where it lands.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

So you want 100% combo chance AND the life force gain on a piercing projectile? Sure, there are enough situations where you can’t reliably use it for the pierce but still.
It’s quite powerful for the auto attack on what is essentially a support weapon (yes, i mean that).

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

So you want 100% combo chance AND the life force gain on a piercing projectile? Sure, there are enough situations where you can’t reliably use it for the pierce but still.
It’s quite powerful for the auto attack on what is essentially a support weapon (yes, i mean that).

I’d say generally balance doesn’t count life force gain on skills. Rather its just a profession bonus. So no I don’t think it would be considering overpowered.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

All we need is faster projectile with a bit higher damage. But we know this will never be changed, so why bother…

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

All we need is faster projectile with a bit higher damage. But we know this will never be changed, so why bother…

Which is why 100% projectile finisher would be good. Means those chill fields we use staff 1 in can have some use with deathly chill and all the other traits. And all the other good condi fields too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer definitely needs finishers added to core skills. When the game was released, Necro had, and still has, plenty of fields for other professions to proc finishers off of but they are not desirable fields. The original concept of Necro being “needed” to start combinations simply backfired and has never been fixed. It is like the old downed-state problem that went on for years, only this one is subtle enough that Arenanet finally let Reaper shroud combo with a leap and a whirl, along with adding another undesired field.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Arenanet finally let Reaper shroud combo with a leap and a whirl, along with adding another undesired field.

Rofl

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, undesired for everyone but Reapers, maybe. Reapers crave ice fields like a crack addict.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Remove the physical projectile (aesthetically it’s not physical) which would remove the reflect issue. I’d prefer a hit area around target like Fragmentation Shot which make it an AoE attack and would give it better purpose considering the slowness of travel time. Adding a condition (like Vulnerability for theme) per attack wouldn’t hurt either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Its kinda funny because Hammer Bolt (revenant hammer 1) also has more base damage and better stat scaling.

Get rekt necros xd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Its kinda funny because Hammer Bolt (revenant hammer 1) also has more base damage and better stat scaling.

Get rekt necros xd

It also has a faster attack speed and projectile velocity.

Hammer bolt is superior in every respect to necrotic grasp (apart from lf generation but revenants dont have lf at all hence i wouldnt count that).

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Get rekt necros xd

It also has a faster attack speed and projectile velocity.

Hammer bolt is superior in every respect to necrotic grasp (apart from lf generation but revenants dont have lf at all hence i wouldnt count that).

And it can hit targets slightly out of range, like SMC 2nd floor cannons, which Necrotic Grasp cannot do.