Need A Troll Build For WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Something fun and annoying, like Fear spam or something.
Mainly for small group roaming/guild zergs.

I find the regular Staff Necro mind numbingly boring.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmmm…. For Necro alone it could be something like clever usage of Spectral Walk, Flesh Wurm and Spectral Grasp, but we don’t have that many fun stuff.

However, there’re some hillarious thing you can do with buddy Ranger. One of Ranger’s Pets, Boar, can drop a skull which fears for 4.5 base and has no cap. With Moment of Clarity trait and + condi duration, your Ranger will be able to put over 15 secomd single target fear. You can spread it with Epidemic endlessly, spreaded fear is affected by your feae and condi duration and procs terror.

Watching people running in fear for 30 sec+ is quite enjoyable

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

THe max you can get with that fear is probably around 9 sec… still strong though.

Max condition duration cap is 100% 4.5 × 2 (or + 100%) = 9

Also when you epidemic your condition duration will effect the base spell not the buffed version so 2 × 4.5 not 2 × 9

Still a fun combo, and fear stacks so you can drop your fear chain before epidemic for a longer chain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Did anyone tried a troll build with Signet Mastery, Superior Rune of Resistance, Life stealing, Signet of vampirism, locust and spite?

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Sig of vamp is self trolling.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Sig of vamp is self trolling.

Ya, lol. That signet of vamp. I forced myself to use it for a month then went back to consume conditions and thought, “Why did I ever use that thing?”

Anyway, for a build, go terrormancer or condimancer. I know you said that the staff is boring, but if you know how to use it, it can be quite rewarding.

But with the upcoming dhuumfire nerf, if you plan to go full condition-mancer, I’d say don’t invest in the power line at all. Go 0-30-20-0-20 or something like that; just use scepter/dagger most of the time, and then spam a few marks here and there.

in Necromancer

Nick.6972

Yeah, the Staff is great and all, against zergs spamming conditions (running 0/20/0/20/30 build), but its just boring.

Got my Necro to lvl 80 with crafting and scrolls an I just can’t seem to find a way to enjoy it – my main characters are all Melee – Guardian, Warrior and Thief.
The most fun skill so far i’ve found is Spectral Walk – jumping of the cliffs and teleporting back just before you’re about to hit the ground.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

THe max you can get with that fear is probably around 9 sec… still strong though.

Also when you epidemic your condition duration will effect the base spell not the buffed version so 2 × 4.5 not 2 × 9

Still a fun combo, and fear stacks so you can drop your fear chain before epidemic for a longer chain.

Do what?

Fear caps at 5 no matter your duration except for the ranger boar dug up item. You can chain it longer than 5 if you do one after the other, but not much. Epidemic has nothing to do with base duration vs. increased, it just uses the current duration on the target. Maybe I am just misunderstanding you.

On topic necro doesn’t troll well. To troll you need to be able to survive and kill people in out numbered situations, but at the least stay alive and harrass them. Mesmer and thief and warrior troll great, not so much on necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Yeah, the Staff is great and all, against zergs spamming conditions (running 0/20/0/20/30 build), but its just boring.

Got my Necro to lvl 80 with crafting and scrolls an I just can’t seem to find a way to enjoy it – my main characters are all Melee – Guardian, Warrior and Thief.
The most fun skill so far i’ve found is Spectral Walk – jumping of the cliffs and teleporting back just before you’re about to hit the ground.

Yup, spectral walk is awesome. But did you know that spectral return resets the fall counter when you’re falling?

So, for example, you can climb to the top of mount malstrom, jump off, and then right before you hit the ground, start/end spectral walk.

I’ve done it a million times—just double click the skill right before you hit the ground, and you’ll survive when you hit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Me and Mkoll tested it out like a month ago. With 50% fear duration in spvp (100% avalible in PvE/WvW) + Moment of Clarity, my own fear was about 12 seconds on first Target, Mkoll achieved +16 second fear on first spread.
It does not have a cap, fear is stackable, it obeys only PvE rules, none of PvP so you can abuse it to max.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

you cant turn tail and run like hell when things go south so if you are looking to troll people then you are using the wrong class xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Ok follow these exact steps

1.) Log out to the character selection screen
2.) Select your thief and login
3.) Use a random build, it does not matter really
4.) Go to wvw and troll the kitten out of people

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Me and Mkoll tested it out like a month ago. With 50% fear duration in spvp (100% avalible in PvE/WvW) + Moment of Clarity, my own fear was about 12 seconds on first Target, Mkoll achieved +16 second fear on first spread.
It does not have a cap, fear is stackable, it obeys only PvE rules, none of PvP so you can abuse it to max.

That is the one broken(?) item, it doesn’t work like that for anything else. You are using the boar skull fear. Any other fear caps at 5 in single target or aggregate.

in Necromancer

Nick.6972

Alright then, I guess Necro isn’t that great for trolling.

Anyway, Which is/will be the best Zerg Necro build after the next big patch?
Could anyone give me the link to build, would really appreciate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Go for max zoo team comp
spirit ranger
spirit weapon guard
mm necro
pu/phantasm mesmer

win

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE