Need help with my Well'o Mancer!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

I am an avid Necromancer, currently playing my own version of a hybrid well’o mancer. I’d like to ask the expert Necromancers out there if they have any suggestions for improving my build.

This is what I have at the moment -

TRAITS:

Spite: 0
Curses: 20 with Terror and Focused Rituals.
Death Magic: 20 with Greater Marks and Staff Mastery
Blood Magic: 30 with Mark of Evasion, Ritual Mastery and Vampiric Rituals.

Currently I am kitted out in full TA armor.

Utilities and skills:

Well of Blood for healing (unless I am roaming alone then I switch to Consume Conditions). Well of Corruption and Well of Suffering since they do wonderful aoe damage and at 900 range they can be great for sieges in wvw! Well of Power is another utility that I run with, especially in wvw. Fleshie is my elite skill since he can trample an enemy and I can drop wells and marks around the poor soul. Sometimes though I switch out to Plague Cloud, or even Take Root (Sylvari racial).

I am mostly fighting with my staff, but I carry a scepter and dagger along with me for those really intense fights.

While I am no expert in theory-crafting and creating builds I have had a ton of enjoyment from this build. I am tanky enough to survive most burst damage, and throwing wells and aoe’s around me can even hurt those stealthy and sneaky backstabbers. My wells and marks is also great for keeping a team going with condition removal, regeneration and dark fields!

In the end this is what I want to ask, keeping in mind that I want to fight with wells, and prefer ranged combat, how would you suggest I change or possibly improve my build? Am I using the right armor? Runes? Traits? Please help!

Sylvari for life. <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

I am using http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/ and your idea of using Curses IX (Focused Rituals) to modify my tank build.

When sieging are you able to drop wells onto walls? I can get marks there without a problem (range 1200), but ’twould be fun to drop wells there also (range 900).

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Necromancer

DayLight.9603

Oh yes! I need to be (of course) much closer to the wall in order to drop the wells with Focused Rituals, but most of the time it creates a ton of havoc for the defenders on the walls. So it is fun dropping wells onto the walls, especially certain points are easier to “reach” and aim for than other but almost always effective.

When I click the link I am taken to a clean build. What traits are you running with?

Sylvari for life. <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/necromancer-massive-aoe-damage-and-siphon-damage-dps-aoe-dungeons-survivability-9388.html

My own build, used it for 600 hours and loving it. GREAT AOE with the marks on staff + wells, aswell as the 20 points in the vitality tree gives me healing on each hit which counts everytime my 2 wells and marks hit an enemy, and combine that with tons of enemies…. Around 700-1000 healing a second. Amazing survivabilty aswell as damage.

Trais:
30/0/20/20/0 Watch the youtube video in the link above, its a demonstration (its not that good demonstraiton TBH, it works better than that, because of the build was still in the making when i made the video)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

What’s your goal with the build? WvWvW or PVE?

If you are running staff plus wells – Learn to Lich Well bomb to wipe out 5 man Havoc squads while your teammates lock them down.

Flesh Golem is nowhere close to as much fun as Plague signet tanking in wvwvw or Lich Well bombing :P.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dylninja.4216

Dylninja.4216

http://youtu.be/fq3vnyIholQ

my vid, with my take on well mancery

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lexvia.4087

Lexvia.4087

http://youtu.be/fq3vnyIholQ

my vid, with my take on well mancery

What gear/traits are you using?

Daevorah – 80 Guardian | Anna Svanhildr – 80 Warrior
Liscent – 80 Thief | Virenn – 80 Necromancer
[SoF] Sorrow’s Furnace

in Necromancer

Dylninja.4216

0/20/0/20/30
1 pvt 5 knight armor ruby orb on all
3 zerker 3 pvt accessories exquisite ruby jewel on all
zerker daggers axe focus and staff
reapers precision, focused rituals, and sometimes the one that makes spectral skills last longer.
siphon hp on critical/dagger recharge faster, quickening thirst.
spectral mastery, lose lf slower, 5 sec. ds cd

Shrouded Bomber

in Necromancer

DayLight.9603

Thanks for the great feedback and contributions everybody! You may not know this but Ichor also created a nice Well build which I have yet to test out. Check it out and perhaps we can start comparing notes
- http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQNAoYWjMaV6ZaiaM8KApCXPpI7xhKsbMjiDmWAA

:)

Last night in PvP I have removed the 30 points in Blood Magic and placed it in Spite for the power. It gave me a some steady numbers – 1.9k power, with 1.4k condition damage. The build seemed to be effective but i was too pressed for time to try it out in WvW. Another concern might be survivability in dungeons. Having had Vampiric Rituals in my previous setup was a life saver in dungeons!

One more question – shouldn’t a Well Mancer also have Greater marks on his/her staff? To me it feels as if that just increases the opportunity to create more havoc?

Sylvari for life. <3

in Necromancer

Dylninja.4216

well in my build when i’ve built up 25 stacks of bloodlust i switch to staff, and it seems okay without greater marks. If Im going just for targeted wells and just staff only then i go
20/20/10/20
marks deal 10% more dmg, targeted wells, greater marks, and wells recharge faster

Shrouded Bomber