Nemesis Necro Mossman LvL50 Solo 6:22 Min

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

His videos at this point are on par with climate change deniers or creationists releasing “science” to “support” their opinions. His complete refusal to accept what our issues are right now serve only to hold us back by avoiding the actual source of our problems (and therein denying the changes we need) and instead blaming them on the “berserker meta” or people just not following his most recent build.

I do not think he denies our issues. He actually has videos explaining the problem with necromancer’s balance (for example the lack of scaling defenses).

His main problem with the “berserker meta” is not the berserker meta as such but those who blindly follows the metabattle “rules” without understanding the logic behind them or without acknowledging they are not good enough players to adhere to the “meta”.

He knows necro does less DPS than other classes “in ideal conditions” and has less (=almost none) direct support. But he also knows that the lower DPS comes with higher sustain (though with the problem of lack of active/scalable defense) which is why necro is pug-friendly and can out-DPS other classes if not in ideal situation.

Again, I just think he insults so much everyone we could forget what is his message.

This, this is so true, please can we all agree to that.

@Zudet Also, there you go:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Reasons-the-Necromancer-is-bottom-tier/first#post5279012

I’m not seeing the wrong part? You claimed that necro was a condition burst class. That claim as horribly laughable and I showed you the math to back it up. You responded in your typical manner with personal insults and no reply of substance.

With the development of the cele signet build we can actually burst using other peoples conditions pretty good now, though our own condition burst is still terrible.

Of course the devs know that I am right, hence the upcoming condition changes to give necro significantly faster ramp up and a burst condition move, hopefully ending this problem once and for all.

I will continue fighting for necros to help correct our class. I fought for 2 years to get conditions fixed, and a number of months to get our condition burst up to reasonable levels. Both of these have been addressed. We have gone from completely unviable to viable but not optimum.

Now I will continue to fight against uninformed people until our overall condition dps is brought up to the correct level, and our group utility is brought up to acceptable levels. With the introduction of raids and reaper I have high hopes that my mission will be complete before the end of the year.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

Im sorry are we listening to the same commentary? Nemesis is always quick to insult and spew cringe worthy ego comments. He also has a very abrasive tone in most of his videos which just irritates a lot of people. Honestly i feel his tone reminds me more of a child than many of the insults provoked against him. Maybe thats just me?

Im pretty sure he continues to do a lot of these things because it gets him exposure and views. I personally could never bring myself to say such cringe worthy things and embarrass myself like that though. Props to him for having no shame in that department.

Point is, you cant really blame people for not properly listening to him. When often times it makes you want to drink a bottle of bleach and scrape out your eardrums with a rusty needle. Also along with his sometimes valid points you get a load of contradictory bullkitten which makes no sense or is just flat out incorrect, irrelevant or just a pointless bash the meta comment thrown in. So its difficult to take him seriously. “DPS uptime” anyone?

I don’t disagree with you. Nemesis’ attitude is annoying to say the least.
But do we really need to have 10 page threads about that instead of the actual thing said in the videos?

So yes, I do blame people for not listening to him when they come into the threads just to troll and flame regarding him.

The way I see it. He raises some good points (e.g. Icebow even though that’s just a minor thing in the whole thing; pre-fight buffing instead of just in-fight buffing). And he made some dumb/stupid remarks. Talking about how we shouldn’t look at short burst moves for DPS and then follows that up by using his Lich form burst in his DPS calculations for necro, etc.

Thing is, discuss those things and form an opinion and arguments based on that stuff.

Yet instead we see people:
- Simply flaming him / discarding anything he says because he’s kicking the shins of their favorite Twitch streamer
- Simply ignoring every point he makes, because one of the things he stated makes no sense. “So the rest is probably bullkitten as well”-attitudes.
- Praising him into high heaven, when he clearly is doing some stuff wrong as well. (Because IMO this goes both ways).
Or worse yet, saying necromancer is fine because “The nemesis” did 40k kitten dps.

Too many fallacy’s and toxicity are used in any discussion regarding him and his videos.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AngryBear.8741

AngryBear.8741

Ok, so let me tell you a story (it is on topic I promise). And for the record, I am not calling anyone a monkey, monkeys are just part of the story and nothing more than that.

You take large cage and put 5 monkeys in it and in that cage you also make stairs with hanging banana on top. So of course monkeys will immediately go for the banana, but the trick is to splash them with cold water when they try to do that. But, further more, the trick is that even if just 1 reaches for the banana, you splash all 5 monkeys anyway.

So, they will probably try to go for the banana few times, but in time they will realize that reaching for the banana = cold water splash no matter who goes for it and eventually they learn that going for banana is a bad thing for all.

Ok, so now you take 1 monkey out of the cage and put totally new monkey in the cage. New monkey will of course immediately go for the banana. But what happens now is that 4 “old” monkeys will jump on him to stop him. Since he won’t understand what is going on he will keep trying to go for it and they will keep stopping him by using any means necessary. Eventually, after a lot of beatings, “new” monkey will learn that reaching for the banana is a no no. Pay attention that by now you don;t even need cold water to make a point.

Now, imagine that in time, 1 by 1, you replace all 5 “old” monkeys with totally new monkeys. Eventually you will have group of monkeys beating any new monkey going for the banana, but none of them will know why they are doing that. All they know is that “it is how things there are being done since forever” and they acquire it as normal behavior.

Now you understand why no video will change people’s acquired behavior no matter how hard you try because you will never change opinion of the entire community with 1,2,3…10 videos. Not because videos necessarily suck, but because people are people. Until metabattle lists necro as meta for PvE, old monkeys will keep beating new monkeys going for that banana.

(edited by AngryBear.8741)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

May be a bit of an “out there” idea, but he and brazil should work together more. Nemesis often comes up with some great points, but then gets bogged down in arguing with everyone, he needs to get someone else to present the points with him (or someone else to do it on his behalf) to tone down some of the silly comments he makes and let people discuss what’s being said rather then who is saying it.

Back on topic, that run is a great baseline and thanks for doing it, but could be optimised further; better gear choices, need to have a look to see if power or condi could do it better (power dummy dps is better but does condi have better uptime in the fight or enable kiting that can’t be done with power?), way fight was executed ment that time was “wasted” on utility skills and healing instead of higher dps options. Still a kitten sight better then I can do though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

May be a bit of an “out there” idea, but he and brazil should work together more. Nemesis often comes up with some great points, but then gets bogged down in arguing with everyone, he needs to get someone else to present the points with him (or someone else to do it on his behalf) to tone down some of the silly comments he makes and let people discuss what’s being said rather then who is saying it.

Back on topic, that run is a great baseline and thanks for doing it, but could be optimised further; better gear choices, need to have a look to see if power or condi could do it better (power dummy dps is better but does condi have better uptime in the fight or enable kiting that can’t be done with power?), way fight was executed ment that time was “wasted” on utility skills and healing instead of higher dps options. Still a kitten sight better then I can do though.

I think the reason for which both nemesis and a bit after Sesshi use condi builds is because most of the AOE of necro are on condi weapons. There are wells, but except for that nothing. The dagger cleaves only 2 targets which is not enough for the wolves and also require melee which is a bad idea. Also, condi allows more defensive stats without having crap DPS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nah its because condi is better dps for solo on most classes. Especially given boss armour and it having less reliance on buffing. Also on necro in particular self buffing is really easy with a signet condi build. Using signet might on a power build means you lose well’s and close to death. So its a no go.

This is old knowledge that weve known about since the DnT condi meta : https://youtu.be/KEBsMa6iV1A

Although on mossman the superior sustained aoe of condi certainly helps with wolves. Shouldnt need staff though. That weapon is bad. :P

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

The problem is. In all the content we have, there is not a single fight were the “ideal meta condition” does not matter.

Not a single one.

Is does not matter wich dungeon, or which fractal. A mediocore GS camping warrior or even a staff fire 1 and 2 pushing ele is usually better then the best necro.

The unrealistic point of view is NOT the meta of view. Because the screnarios were a necro could be better don´t exist in the game as we play it right now.

Probably raids can change it. We will see. But at the moment Nemesis is simply wrong, cause his so called “facts” are based upon non ecxisting scenarios.
He just wants to bash all people who disagree with him. In alot of videos he don´t even use "arguments. He´s just insulting people.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
Read it, think about it, and watch the nemesis videos again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

This is old knowledge that weve known about since the DnT condi meta : https://youtu.be/KEBsMa6iV1A

This is now my favorite GW2 video on Youtube
And I’ve seen that gw2 Smash kitten

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Although on mossman the superior sustained aoe of condi certainly helps with wolves. Shouldnt need staff though. That weapon is bad. :P

Booo! :P

Seriously though, I think he used the staff because of the geomancy and hydro sigils. And the cd of Mark of Blood is low enough to land 2 + Chillblains + one or two utility skills before going back to scepter or into Shroud. So I think in that case it was a good choice because it’s more aoe against the wolves than simply staying on scepter the whole time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I would have used scepter dagger + warhorn. And i would have used epidemic on a wolf to condi bomb mossman and cleave wolves at the same time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I would have used scepter dagger + warhorn. And i would have used epidemic on a wolf to condi bomb mossman and cleave wolves at the same time.

I’m no fan of nemesis, but I sure want to see you do it. Just because I’m a main necro and I like too see “good stuff”. Even if I think soloing a boss is kinda useless meaningless.