Nerco....?

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: psykobabble.8095

psykobabble.8095

I have a level kittenco (my only 80) since i’ve been back ALL I hear is about how much they suck, their dps is awful, I should roll a Elley

are they really that bad?? what builds should i go for if they are utterly useless? I hate that I can’t go anywhere with out someone saying “Oh Neco’s suck” I loved my nerco and still do but kitten I get alot of unwanted comments.

BUT let me say this; I came back to this game not really expecting much but this game has changed so much and I have fallen in love with it all over agian not only that but the community here is simply amazing people are helpful and SO friendly not toxic and mean like I’ve seen in other games (Tera and Skyforge)

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

necro is awesome.

all professions are awesome if you enjoy playing games.

if you enjoy min/maxing, forums, and complaining, then none of the professions are awesome. some of them are only tolerable, and a few are barely playable.

also: what on earth did you type to make necro hit the profanity filter?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Kittenco!

(note: I actually typed Kittenco. I have no idea what he did to activate the filter)

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Kittenco!

(note: I actually typed Kittenco. I have no idea what he did to activate the filter)

80 is leet speek for Bo, and behind it you wrote ner.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

necro, if done right, can nail any class to the floor and melt them.

www.metabattle.com

^ check the site for builds/ideas and see how it goes.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ellye.9123

Ellye.9123

necro is awesome.

all professions are awesome if you enjoy playing games.

if you enjoy min/maxing, forums, and complaining, then none of the professions are awesome. some of them are only tolerable, and a few are barely playable.

Someone should enshrine this.

Seriously, GW2 can be played with any class in almost any build (I think you’d need to go out of your way to make a build that flat out doesn’t work).

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Necromancer is a nice class, especially with manipulating conditions and boons, as for problem in PvE is the lack of condition and boon using foes.

Well, if you love to look at DoT popups, which I do.

Exceptions are Southsun Cove, Dry Top and Silverwastes, where foes use boons (SSCove) and exhibit more conditions and armor (Dry Top and Silverwastes).

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

In pve is a necro bad? The answer is no.

But any other class can easily have better sustained dps. Can offer more support. And is generally just more wanted.

But if your necro is the only 80 you have, you wouldn’t notice the awful dps as you haven’t compared. But one thing I will add is that necro is very very fun to play. So stick with it

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

But if your necro is the only 80 you have, you wouldn’t notice the awful dps as you haven’t compared.

I have at least one of each class. I wouldn’t call necro’s dps worse than all other classes all the time.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Kittenco!

I don’t understand :<

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Kittenco!

I don’t understand :<

Better ask mom or dad what it means.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Bad in this game( and mmo’s in general i supouse) means “not the best” most of the time. All the classes do OK in PvE dungeons, it’s just that Warriors, Thieves, Guarians and Eles are just much better when it comes to dungeons. Their damage is higher and they all have way better utility.
Necro’s have some neat tricks but nothing that compares, but that doesen’t mean they can’t do well in dungeons. I recently had a smooth run of Fractal 47(Well until it bugged out) with 2 necros, a ranger an engi and a warrior.

The player> the class, every time.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

love my condi necro. watching Gurads/ele’s melt in seconds.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

But if your necro is the only 80 you have, you wouldn’t notice the awful dps as you haven’t compared. But one thing I will add is that necro is very very fun to play. So stick with it

You dont need to compare.

Just grind for the sinister gear, go to any dungeon and load ine mob with bleeds till you have enough to pop epidemy and watch all the dots pop….

Except you won’t, because by the time you cast epidemic, all the mobs are already dead.

Necro is like a regular guy playing a football match with barcelona players. He will win, but he won’t even smell the ball during the whole match.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

But any other class can easily have better sustained dps. Can offer more support. And is generally just more wanted.

but I can step on people to make them stop bleeding with my necro! Can’t do that on my other characters. :p

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

Wb to GW2. Necro has received a pretty long stream of nerfs. You’ll find if you used Lich Form as your elite in the past that, now you’re only able to get a few autos off before it dies down. Nobody knows how many more series of nerfs the Necro is in for so you may be in for a rough ride. Make sure you truly love the class or you may end up very frustrated.

I ended up rerolling another character and love it because no longer am I kicked from dungeons and I also feel like I’m really able to support my team, and also do comparable, if not more damage than I was doing as my Necro… but games are about fun so if open world and world bosses is all you think you may want to get serious on, Necro may be ok.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nah, just play Nerco and enjoy it. It could be worse. You could be playing a Necro.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Kittenco!

Clearly they play a nekomancer.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

So, what would make it bad? Is being worse than all other classes and being unwanted in groups not sufficient? Why are people jumping through hoops to not admit the necro is terrible when even they say and define just how terrible it is.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

So, what would make it bad? Is being worse than all other classes and being unwanted in groups not sufficient? Why are people jumping through hoops to not admit the necro is terrible when even they say and define just how terrible it is.

Necro for pve in my opinion is hard to kill. So that helps it out a lot lol

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Can necro work in any game mode ? Yes

Is it something you should use if you want to min max ? Not really

Is life force & shroud well designed for this game ? No and short of a complete redesign it won’t get better.

So ya you can use necro and do most things but that doesn’t mean it don’t have more then its fair share of design problems.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I run PvT necro. Having both armor and power over 3K is very nice. Necro’s have crap healing power scaling so Pvt is one of the tank-y-est possible builds for it while at the same time my necro out DPS’s any other char I try to run soldiers.

I believe celi is more meta. Zerk is always meta in PvE because the meta does not care about anything that isn’t damage and seems to be focused around brain-dead easy 3-year-old dungeon content.

PvP can be annoying for me. Less stats in that mode. I hate CC spam, it makes 2v1 nearly impossible against competent opponents, but you can bunk like a mofo and you do enough damage that ppl tend to fight you for longer than they should. If I 2v1 at far for 2-3 minutes then the match is basically won.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Most people who are saying “Necros suck” often don’t fully understand what makes other classes preferable in min/max (or speed-run) dungeons. They’re the kind of people who have heard that eles, warriors, thieves and guards are preferable for leet teams, and then jump to the conclusion that other professions are rubbish.

I also find that people putting lots of weird requirements in (for PUG groups) aren’t necessarily running min/max or speed-run builds anyway, so it wouldn’t really make much difference if there was a necro in the mix or not.

Anyway, if you want to play necro, go for it!
-They’re great fun in WvW, especially using fear builds in EotM.
-Wellomancers used to be very powerful and fun in PvP- not sure about their current state but did bump into a particularly powerful necro the other day.
-I’m having great fun levelling my new zerk necro in PvE- I’m using axe/warhorn and d/d and using a rudimentary well build. It’s early days, but he’s particularly powerful and it’s enjoyable watching things melt.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nah, just play Nerco and enjoy it. It could be worse. You could be playing a Necro.

Stop saying it could be worse please. Necro is just there it has a decent role in WvW/PvP but there are still steps to go through PvE it’s slowly progressing if you’re optimistic, just wish the rest of the game wasn’t faster.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

usually I am not into these things, but come on… you did not manage to spell your favorite class correctly once!

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I don’t see the point in doing something you don’t enjoy unless it’s something you need to do to survive. And you don’t need to play video games to survive.

If you like it, play it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadowsrb.6241

Shadowsrb.6241

Necro is great class but its joke.In one update they can ruin half of your skills,in one update they can ruin your weapon set or ruin some 3years old skill…there isn’t rule, its joke class.They like fix conditional because of this joke classes,then nerf it to work only with op classes.Its not worth time as main class,it can be completely destroyed as prefession and nonone would care about,its not like war,ele,guard….

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

You can do anything in PvE, open world exploration, solo champions, hold a fort in SW by yourself. Necro is a very sustain class with great DPS, but does not bring enough utility for the group in Dungeons. In Fractals the constant weakness and life steal can be very helpful though.

I play necro in every area of PvE no problem, I don’t even need join groups to get the gold medal in big events, but just don’t take your Necro to a Dungeon group asking for Zerk Meta and stuff like that. Level up a Warrior or Ele to do dungeons, and enjoy the rest of the game as Necromancer.

To be fair, dungeons is the most boring stuff I do lately, I’d rather only play SW and kill World Bosses, unfortunately it doesn’t give as much gold.

Nerco....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Compare the DPS of a Zerker Thief to a Zerker Necro if you wanna see how unballanced this game really is.