Nerf incoming???

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakula.8405

Drakula.8405

As Jonathan Sharp mention in:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/sPvP-balance-a-little-philosophy-and-life
necro will suffer some changes .Hope we necros won’t end to the be last choice class to play due to this changes.

Our class is still far from “Fix” . We got what we don’t want and get nerfed in other part that didn’t need nerf. (looking at u corrupt boon also res signet)

I don’t know how they will change “shave” our class but i hope they take in calculation the other aspect where necro don’t shine .

Fell free to add comments on this with what we want and the result of which we get .

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

Noone was complaining before the update when necro was an easy target or better free frag in wvw or pvp. Now that we can defend and stryke back, its on every corner “OMG OP NECRO”.

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

“Epidemic now work only for 1 target”

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Thank you Jeezus that I do not use epidemic, at all….

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

Noone was complaining before the update when necro was an easy target or better free frag in wvw or pvp. Now that we can defend and stryke back, its on every corner “OMG OP NECRO”.

This is a problem that has been here for almost a year. Almost a year necro was a “punching bag” and he was unable to effectively strike back and community get use to it. After the famous necro patch he is much more stronger and can kill his opponent very easily and that completely shattered community believes about necro being easy toothless class.

This “necro” patch change which made necros being super OP mutha***** was because of one thing. Necromancers fans who were still playing the class, sometimes killing op shatter mesmers etc. even with quite underpowered class. After the patch, they are able to utilize every buff to the limit and that is why they are OP.

Devs forgot about necro and when they buffed him, they created monster who is able to kill everyting!

Now even mesmer have to use utility skills to deal with necromancer! OMG nerf!

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

(edited by DriV.6203)

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Sometimes i just want to punch a baby watching the community.. (not the necro community, you guys are great!)

Everytime i watch a stream or something people are like “NECRO SO OP! Its soo broken!” But seriously?

We was unplayable before (According to people) and necro was one of the weakest classes. We got burning + torment and 17% DAMAGE REDUCTION to fear. That made us broken OP? What?

Also, we can kill fast yes, but get a stun breaker and condition removals if it really bothers you. A necro has NO defence whatsoever. No escape abilities, no block, no invuln, we are useless if you break our fear chain..

Luckily i like wells more than condi, so hopefully i wont get nerfed to bad… I feel so sorry for the community…

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I read that post entirely and must have missed the part where he mentioned necros. The shaving he was speaking of was about Rangers (spirit builds I believe as they wanted to buff and are shaving back that buff). OP, can you quote his reference to Necro?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I feel that we will probably actually escape the nerf hammer this time, save for perhaps a couple of small numbers tweaks (Dhuumfire numbers I’m sure will stay the same though -.-). People keep screaming “necros OP”, but they’ve started to learn to adapt to it. It’s not dominating the meta anymore.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

There is no mention about necros on that post. Actually, it just seems the opposite. He mentions nerfs to AI (so maybe minion master is getting the hammer), but then says that they dont want to whack a mole balance, and are trying to do small changes and wait for awhile to see what kind of impact they have.

I dont think necros are getting nerfed, i think that other classes are getting buffed, probably with more condition removals (looking at you mesmers). Pretty much the same way that warriors got buffed with Berseker Stance. Which would be a direct counter to all condition builds.

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

He said something about toning down condition output of some classes in general but he did not mention necros or any other class specifically .

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I wouldnt mind a nerf to our damage IF we got escapes… Right now, necro is in the position of being very strong, but very easy to kill AKA NOT OP! If we had escapes, ok i see, but we dont.

you can’t say something is OP just because its super strong. As long as they have some very bad sides aswell, its balanced. people should just stop crying

Necro 4 life!

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

A good point is made in this thread – How to avoid the next balance disaster

The current game right now has terrormancers, spirit rangers and stunlocking warriors running rampant. The terrormancers have been around long enough now that people know the counters (ie CC, and condition removal work wonders). Spirit rangers currently offer far too much reward for far too little risk. Stun lock warriors are incredibly powerful against condition heavy builds, but are generally warriors only option right now.

The thing is, these builds came about after buffs that were done to counter the old meta of mesmers and elementalists ruling the roost. I have a feeling that a lot of the “old guard” want to return to the old meta, because that’s when they started playing, picking the classes that at the time dominated.

Personally I think they are trying to get to the point where you can’t go glass cannon and win without high skill levels. They want people to make choices about their build so that they can cope with all other builds in some way, with varying levels of skill. The old GS Mesmer being able to burst down at 1200 range doesn’t work now because condition spikes at similar ranges can stop them in their tracks. The aim now would be to make sure they can trait and build to cope with condition spikes which should mean they take a hit to the damage they do.

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

my client data was corrupted and ive like 2 weeks i havent log, is this real?

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, it isn’t.

I’m a Geeleiver

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Yup – now, Epidemic doubles the conditions on your target but leaves everyone else alone.

Of course it isn’t – don’t you see that bulge in his cheeks?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

omg i was just thinking ok.. time to delete necro and lv another profession then wel.. no.. better delete gw2 files -.-’’

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakula.8405

Drakula.8405

Told u we got nerfed in pvp and this is just the start .

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

My necro was OP even before the Dumfire patch.
I dont even run the Faceroll meta 30/20/0/0/20 build and I still end up doing really well.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Told u we got nerfed in pvp and this is just the start .

you are right, reducing the bleed stacks for grasping dead from 3 to 2 has made us completely unplayable now.

/s

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Sometimes i just want to punch a baby watching the community.. (not the necro community, you guys are great!)

Everytime i watch a stream or something people are like “NECRO SO OP! Its soo broken!” But seriously?

We was unplayable before (According to people) and necro was one of the weakest classes. We got burning + torment and 17% DAMAGE REDUCTION to fear. That made us broken OP? What?

Also, we can kill fast yes, but get a stun breaker and condition removals if it really bothers you. A necro has NO defence whatsoever. No escape abilities, no block, no invuln, we are useless if you break our fear chain..

Luckily i like wells more than condi, so hopefully i wont get nerfed to bad… I feel so sorry for the community…

It’s viewed as OP now because of how easy reapplication is combined with a crap ton of condition covers and soft CC, given that to after the necro buff patch Necro’s getting torment, and burning, you have a total of 4 DoTs You can apply It’s not fun to get condi bombed multiple times by engis and necros, there’s not enough condition removal to keep up most of the time, and it makes classes that have to get up in your face(melee) so much harder then it needs to be.. Survivability comes from Death shroud, high health,Soft/hard CC(cripples, chill, Fear) and depending on your traits, some protection.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

From the original idea of the necro, we aren’t suppose to escape. They said something like when you lock horns with a necro, one of you will die. The necro can’t run away but the necro prevents you also from running away. But then again they haven’t stuck to their original ideas anyways. We are having event after event of killing enemies in a circle.

Quite frankly I wouldn’t hold your breathe anymore if things will get better for us. WoW solved the pet idea years ago and GW2 isn’t that much different where they can’t take the concept and implement into this game. A year later and a simple mechanic still hasn’t been implemented so they are at least usable in dungeons and boss mobs.

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On the mention of design philosophy, I wonder how much making it so you couldn’t teleport (or shadowstep) out of Immobilize would do to help the necro be difficult to escape from. Rangers, Engineers, and Warriors would notice no change, but the other classes would.

I’m a Geeleiver

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

On the mention of design philosophy, I wonder how much making it so you couldn’t teleport (or shadowstep) out of Immobilize would do to help the necro be difficult to escape from. Rangers, Engineers, and Warriors would notice no change, but the other classes would.

to be pedantic… you cant shadowstep out of immob… you’re still immobed, just in a different location (the biggest exception being ranger elite entangle… which reapplies immob from the vines… so shadowstep/teleport out and they do pretty much nothing – unless you’re stupid enough to walk back into them… which is humorous)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Anyone that is saying the Necro is OP is just an f’n returd and doesn’t know how to play their class against a Necro.

BEFORE the patch, I was owning fools and now after the patch….well…I’m still owning fools…

The only thing they did was make a hybrid class viable…which is something that I have wanted for a looooooong time.

L2P B!+ches

-EDIT-

The only classes that consistently gave me trouble before the patch was Thief and Mesmer…now, I destroy most thieves because they expect that I am straight PPT and not a hybrid…so when my bleeds and dhuum start hitting for 103/tick and 575/tick they get ripped apart. A good mesmer can still get me, but they’d better be on their game.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

(edited by Kitedyou.1720)

Nerf incoming???

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

to be pedantic… you cant shadowstep out of immob… you’re still immobed, just in a different location (the biggest exception being ranger elite entangle… which reapplies immob from the vines… so shadowstep/teleport out and they do pretty much nothing – unless you’re stupid enough to walk back into them… which is humorous)

Fair enough, though I do maintain you shouldn’t be able to shadowstep at all while immobilized.

I’m a Geeleiver