Nerf necro and make it fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Ive been playing necro since BWE1, but now lately when i have tried other classes in PVP i just cant return to necro. Necromancer is very powerful yes indeed but kitten it has nothing fun at all, i have spent quite alot of time just looking at our utility skills and their all are like boring versions of other class skills.
All that you do on necro is stack bleeds + poison heals, many of our utility skills have granting life force as its active component which really isnt very fun thing.
So maybe instead of giving us crappy versions of other class skills just nerf the class overally and give us some fun abilities and mechanincs… if all i want to do is kill people then i can do it on engi using knockbacks, combo fields and other fun mechanics instead of spamming scepter #1

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I think you mean fix necro sir not nerf.

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

I think you mean fix necro sir not nerf.

No i mean nerf, we have passive defense, passive attack and load of boring attacks… How do you suppose to get active defense + active offense while keeping the passive crap and not becoming OP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I can be built to be fantastic bunker build with ok bleeds and can survive things well enough but we are not OP in anyway. We cannot chase down other class’s, our spectral grasp and dark pact often miss targets, our corruptions beside epidemic are not that good. Our minions do poor damage, have poor health, and like to attack whatever they want. We have numerous bugs in our traits. O and our traits are just boring over all. If and when they fix our traits and change reanimater for the better of the class I might say we could be OP but no more OP then any other class for a change. I will admit though we are a very boring class to play since we are a attrition class over all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProAlex.4723

ProAlex.4723

I understand what OP feels. I started playing GW2 as necro, played like ~220 hours, mostly PvE because I found Wv3 boring. 2 weeks ago I created a mesmer and grinded it to level 80, bought full exotic set of power/prec/crit damage gear+weapons+trinkets (said bye-bye to almost all of my money because I want this stuff to look good lol) and tried to play some Wv3. And I LOVED it. It feels so good when you can kill someone really quick. Yes, I run pure glass-cannon build and I have to be REALLY careful because with 15k hp with 0 toughness you can die in seconds. Still, I love my necro but after playing a direct damage dealing class going back to necro to stack bleeds is boring. Also, I want MOST of the major traits as mesmer while as necro I don’t see anything useful often and actually DON’T want some minor traits but I have literally no choise.

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

I can be built to be fantastic bunker build with ok bleeds and can survive things well enough but we are not OP in anyway. We cannot chase down other class’s, our spectral grasp and dark pact often miss targets, our corruptions beside epidemic are not that good. Our minions do poor damage, have poor health, and like to attack whatever they want. We have numerous bugs in our traits. O and our traits are just boring over all. If and when they fix our traits and change reanimater for the better of the class I might say we could be OP but no more OP then any other class for a change. I will admit though we are a very boring class to play since we are a attrition class over all.

Im not saying we are OP but i see why we dont have any interesting active skills like all other classes, because we have passive stuff. All minions are boring, all wells are boring (and pretty crap), basicly all signets are pretty boring
Only fun and unique things we have are – deathsrhoud, spectral grasp and epidemic, everything else is nerfed versions of other class skills

in Necromancer

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

i dont see many necros are overpowered forums… but i think death shroud could be spiced up a little. as it stands its azz specially underwater.

edit: i imagined death shroud as me summoning a bunch of minions and becomming something other classes need to run away from. either nerf and make death shroud more rewarding to use…. (bad idea limits skill uses then waiting to get into death shroud) or make death shroud hard to accumulate and a lichform equivilant in power but, and i do mean much harder. it would basically be a second elite. so it should experience the same kinda setbacks as race specific skills.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

(edited by poe lyfe.5879)

in Necromancer

Posted by: danni.1824

danni.1824

if you want a powerhouse necro with a lot of damage, try this build — i believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You are all missing what he is saying.

The necro is boring once you had a taste for other classes active skills. I chose necro because reading forums even dev comments it was supposed to be the hardest to master. Its not a faceroll class but its not a class that requires the skill of a good ele or eng.

Everything tying into the boring weak DS and lifeforce gain is really limiting the class.

Look at spectral armor and compare it to what an ele gets. Stability and protection we get a short protection and lifeforce gain…. Stability > lifeforce gain.

Other classed and respond and react to whats happening with use of key skills Necro response is always ‘tank it’ gettign knocked all over the node because of a good eng… Well too bad you dont have stability and you only have two dodges with no energy regen boost mechanic.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

^

If you’ve ever played any of the other classes you will see this.

I’ve been delving into every class since beta just so I can try to find my true “main” profession. It was even worse back then TBH, wells sucked, traits were pretty much the same. Atleast we were strong, now we’re not strong, but still boring.

Necro is my “main” however ;p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

I feel completly the opposite of this thread i started as a thief with high end burst but am loving my conditionmancer for pve and pvp atm a simple response is dont enjoy the class then reroll but im 90 percent happy with necro as is

in Necromancer

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

I understand what OP feels. I started playing GW2 as necro, played like ~220 hours, mostly PvE because I found Wv3 boring. 2 weeks ago I created a mesmer and grinded it to level 80, bought full exotic set of power/prec/crit damage gear+weapons+trinkets (said bye-bye to almost all of my money because I want this stuff to look good lol) and tried to play some Wv3. And I LOVED it. It feels so good when you can kill someone really quick. Yes, I run pure glass-cannon build and I have to be REALLY careful because with 15k hp with 0 toughness you can die in seconds. Still, I love my necro but after playing a direct damage dealing class going back to necro to stack bleeds is boring. Also, I want MOST of the major traits as mesmer while as necro I don’t see anything useful often and actually DON’T want some minor traits but I have literally no choise.

the thing is thats opinion based…“you” enjoy a glass cannon kill em in seconds class, but not everyone does…also imo a condition dmg necro can be more useful to teams in wvw then a glass cannon insert class…with the right abilities its pretty easy to spread conditions+ aoe condition large groups slowly wearing them down and also allowing for ur teammates to more easily get kills

Necro as a class really doesnt need “buffs” they need “fixes” so many bugs still that make the class somewhat broken

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Stun-lock says hi vs. Necros. They have a way around it yeah but stun-locking them can make it unforgiving. Too bad not a lot of players actually know how to stun-lock.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?