New Changes 2 Necro - Pitiful

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

I’m going to be continuing my break from this game after watching the upcoming changes to necromancer from the guild wars 2 twitch thing.

I’m sure some of you will say these are nice perks in the right direction, but they are still underwhelming and not all complimenting what the necromancer actually needs at this time. So I take my money and time elsewhere for a bit, hope in the future this game improves more where it is needed.
As a side note … no never mind, I’ll check back after a few more updates.

If you feel like there are necromancer modifications missing in this update that you would have liked to see, please post below and let the developers know how you feel about what has/has not been changed that should have.

Good luck everyone and hope you all like the new updates.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

It’s a good decision, and I might do the same for the first time during 2 years.

My patience reached it’s limit, I’ve had enough.

in Necromancer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m going to be continuing my break from this game after watching the upcoming changes to necromancer from the guild wars 2 twitch thing.

I’m sure some of you will say these are nice perks in the right direction, but they are still underwhelming and not all complimenting what the necromancer actually needs at this time. So I take my money and time elsewhere for a bit, hope in the future this game improves more where it is needed.
As a side note … no never mind, I’ll check back after a few more updates.

If you feel like there are necromancer modifications missing in this update that you would have liked to see, please post below and let the developers know how you feel about what has/has not been changed that should have.

Good luck everyone and hope you all like the new updates.

These types of posts always make me lol. If you cared enough to post, you aren’t leaving. So, either make suggestions or just leave.

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

It’s called a notification, maybe they’ll take notice, they know my log in history and track future log ins.
You’re right I do care because it was a class that fit me so after trying it I stuck to it, honestly this always dictates whether or not I continue playing an online game, I like some of the other classes, but wouldn’t actually play them in-depth, but would welcome them in my party because they’re needed.

As for suggestions I’m asking other people that are familiar with necromancers to post.
I just don’t have the energy to re-post what necromancers need. Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anderson.6834

Anderson.6834

It’s a good decision, and I might do the same for the first time during 2 years.

I’ve had enough too. I have not played since the end of LS and I will continue for a while.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Leveling a mesmer currently. The plus side being that all the ascended armor and trinkets I bough for my necro can just be moved over to my new main.

I won’t be as good in a zerg, but roaming will be fun for a change anyways. Still gonna use my warrior for all my PvE needs though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The necromancer needs a dervish style revamp. Honestly, we aren’t going to be seeing the changes we need for at least a year.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

For some reason, everyone wants a “push a button and i become a god” type abilities. Its pretty amusing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

For some reason, everyone wants a “push a button and i become a god” type abilities. Its pretty amusing.

Nope i want a viable bloodmagic spec…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Leveling a mesmer currently. The plus side being that all the ascended armor and trinkets I bough for my necro can just be moved over to my new main.

I won’t be as good in a zerg, but roaming will be fun for a change anyways. Still gonna use my warrior for all my PvE needs though.

The thing is that nothing is keeping me in this game anymore. Unfortunatly, I made the decision to buy this game only because of necromancer design philosophy in this game. It took me 2 years before realizing in this roller coaster that their philosophy is all a big kittening lie. I can’t take it anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Minionmancer…………

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Minionmancer…………

I will never admit minions as bloodmagic, they are deathmagic…

Maybe i should say Vampmancer or Bloodmancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Why bother making suggestions if they dev team never listens? They have 2 solid years of feedback, trait reworks, skill reworks. What do we get? 5 more seconds of swiftness on warhorn 5. Bravo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

not one to complain, but anet…. come on

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

MM isn’t a bloodmagic spec, the siphon traits are really only taken due to a lack of other big options. If I could sink those 1-2 points into Spite for some better damage options (hell I’d take CtD if it worked on minions), SR or Curses for any significant offensive benefit I would. I only go into BM because Transfusion, I really don’t need the extra healing, I need more damage and VM is the only real way to get that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What’s worse is that I think Necro’s ability to shroud stomp in PvP/WvW will lead to stability stomps being considered OP and Necros will end up having their stability nerfed.

And when Anet nerfs, they nerf into the ground.

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

Just a couple of random suggestions

Signet of the Locust
Passive – Same
Active – Blind nearby foes for 1 sec.

Chilling Darkness
Increase chill to 3 seconds

Well of Darkness
Instead of blinding nearby foes have it grant nearby allies 5 secs. of swiftness

Signet of Undeath
Passive – Convert a condition to boon every 10 sec.
Active – Block for 3 sec.

Corrosive Poison Cloud
Remove it from applying weakness to foes instead have it steal health from foes
Reduce poison to 3 sec.

Spectral Walk
Instead of giving us life force on hit have it gives us 3 sec aegis

P.S Exploding pets == blast finisher

(edited by wiredrawn.7298)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

What’s worse is that I think Necro’s ability to shroud stomp in PvP/WvW will lead to stability stomps being considered OP and Necros will end up having their stability nerfed.

Stability stomp was already possible in the way that mattered. The lag exploit you could use to stab stomp right now was never used still, because its awful. This won’t change anything.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I agree entirely with the OP. The disinterest in our class is one of the reasons I’m on an extended break from the game. The devs don’t seem interested in our class, and there for neither am I. I dropped in when I heard they would be tweaking the necro next. We were of course dead last in the line up (not a big surprise really). And the changes ere extremely lackluster.

Being able to shroud stomp was okay, and having a minor cleave on dagger is much needed. But there are much bigger problems with our class, and none of those were addressed:

• We need better sustain, especially against focused fire.
  • They need to revert the changes made to other skills during the Dhuumfire debacle.
  • They need to fix conditions and control skills, since our class revolves around this mechanic, and PVE is completely against these two things.
  • They need to make Signet of Vampirism useful/usable.
  • They need to revert the change to DS, so damage taken in DS no longer spills in to our health pool.
  • They need to fix minion ai, so they don’t stand around, waiting for the bus.
  • They need to improve the axe.
  • They need to give us better team support abilities, so we are wanted for dungeons.
“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

8% shave off Healing signet.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

Could you at least consider this, a more reliable and consistent way to apply weakness and perhaps cripple to our enemies in combat. And if you’re feeling generous also 1 or 2 more options to apply immobilize?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Could you at least consider this, a more reliable and consistent way to apply weakness and perhaps cripple to our enemies in combat. And if you’re feeling generous also 1 or 2 more options to apply immobilize?

We can easily get perma weakness if we want, cripple as well, and while immobilize would be nice we also have 3 sources of that, one of them built into the profession.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

We can easily get perma weakness if we want, cripple as well, and while immobilize would be nice we also have 3 sources of that, one of them built into the profession.

No we can’t.

Another suggestion is to buff chilling darkness by 0.5-1.0 sec. or more daze maybe, basically it would be favorable to us necromancers to reduce the mobility, dodging, cleansing of our foes.

Wells are cool and all but usually only get the first tick off then your foe is avoiding them .. skills on weapons that spam an area are nice but same thing applies. Wells/Weapon skills with area effect would be cool is they acted like flame blast, hit the target and foes around it in area but still block-able, unless you trait it and want the manual circle placement.

It just seems we have to few ways to reduce/slow incoming damage, and I don’t mean we need protection or aegis, I mean we should be weakening our enemies incoming damage .. DS helps in a way, but our abilities change when we’re in it screwing up some of our intended rotations, it would be cool if it was treated like an engy kit, when the situation calls for it pop DS and use the abilities, but now it seems to be mainly used for I’m about to die pop this to slow my death which just makes it kinda cheesy.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Perma weakness and cripple are both extremely easy to get. Weakening shroud is base 20%, enfeebling blood is about 25%, bone minions + poison field is 50%, CPC has 37.5%, SoS is 16.7%, Withering Precision is 25% uptime. We have a lot of uptime, and very easy ways to get 100% uptime.

As for Cripple, just Flesh Golem + some condi duration is 100% under ideal conditions.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

Again, this is great in theory but I said reliably. In pvp between blocks, aegis, blinds cleansing etc and between all the delays in your abilities it won’t be up much. In pve, you’re gonna be in a niche build for all that. My current build I do run weakness, cripple and chilled as much as I can without being a ping pong but it would definitely help to have them pop up more often and more reliably. And again maybe another daze or something. In all honesty I’m looking at these specific conditions because I get the impression the developers are not gonna be doing anything big in regards to class changes etc, like healing in DS, I think they would shrug it off for now because of the testing needed to make sure it’s balanced and all that.

For example these should be looked at by the developers
Axe – Conditions it applies
Focus – Reaper’s Touch
Off-Hand Dagger – Enfeebling Blood
CPC – Cast time reduction, maybe cast on target and hit aoe like flame blast and a trait to make it target-table for manual ground casting

Don’t get me wrong some are good abilities but vulnerability etc would be good after the fact we have a good way of debuffing incoming damage first because we don’t have much to get away compared to what our foes have at closing the gap.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

The changes are boring and minimal at most. If anything, the class is not very fun or dynamic to play which should be priority #1. Many of the “changes” read as bug fixes as well. Being able to do things while in deathshroud, the Last Gasp being spectral… these are not changes or any form of balance, they are simply skill consistency fixes.

The balancing team of GW2 is nothing like GW1 and it deeply disappoints me. GW1 had big skill changes, reinventing the functionality of things multiple times. They also weren’t afraid to shake up the meta and/or release overpowered skills. They could always tone them down whenever they wanted (no “ONLY BIG PATCHES ARE WORTHY” rule). GW2 is way too conservative. You would never know GW2 was related to GW1 if you compared combat style.

in Necromancer

Posted by: needbeer.1687

needbeer.1687

i miss the devs from gw1.those guys knew what balance was. BRING THEM BACK!

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

i miss the devs from gw1.those guys knew what balance was. BRING THEM BACK!

Seconded. And we’re dead last again in the balancing. They just don’t seem interested in our class. And who can look at Signet of Vampirism and contain their laughter? Any decent player can look through their list of healing skills, and instantly determine which one is least likely to keep them alive. So thanks a lot game designer Karl McLain. Thanks for looking at Signet of Vampirism, and increasing the active time by one second! A healing skill that basically requires you to get hit by enemies, and returns less health than the health that is lost in the process. A healing skill that is basically killed by it’s internal cool down (it only heals every few seconds, meaning that if multiple enemies hit you, which they will, you lose more health than you gain).

Right now SOV is not a healing skill. It’s a delayed suicide button.

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

It would be awesome for a developer or a some kind of community manager to pop onto the forums here and let us know, they are in talks to adjusting things and acknowledge our concerns or our posting is futile as the changes are concrete and there is no room for adjustment.
At the very least it would be cool for someone to point out they have at least read some of our concerns and took it upon themselves to either test the mechanics of the necromancer or had someone do the testing against various enemies under the different situations we’ve all addressed.
Hey another thing, if a developer or moderator could, how about making a new post in each forum asking for feedback regarding each of the upcoming class changes because I could have sworn someone said they are accepting feedback and they do listen, but I could be mistaken. Thanks.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you can’t understand that ANet obviously wants every profession to be viable, them telling you won’t change anything. No game developer in their right mind makes a game with characters that they hate.

Them posting here would change nothing for the better, except creating even more unrealistic expectations.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

If you can’t understand that ANet obviously wants every profession to be viable, them telling you won’t change anything. No game developer in their right mind makes a game with characters that they hate.

Them posting here would change nothing for the better, except creating even more unrealistic expectations.

The might not hate them , but they definitely aren’t showing the love

in Necromancer

wiredrawn.7298

That’s not true, I have experience in this field and a lot of times I’ve had to approach the higher ups with concerns and imbalances, it does take active involvement though on the ones actually doing the work. It would of just been nice to have a moderator make a post asking for feedback on each class forum, unless of course I misinterpreted their message.

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The might not hate them , but they definitely aren’t showing the love

I agree. Why are we always dead last in any balance pass, when we are the most broken class in the game? Why do they rush over our fixes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

A healing skill that basically requires you to get hit by enemies, and returns less health than the health that is lost in the process.

errr

i’m an amateur at math, so forgive me for my inept ministrations, but

surely if you get an equal amount, or more health than you lost, you would become indestructible?

i mean, healing signet DOES exist, but that seems like it might be a bit too powerful

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

errr

surely if you get an equal amount, or more health than you lost, you would become indestructible?

i mean, healing signet DOES exist, but that seems like it might be a bit too powerful

I think you’re missing the point. That’s for normal healing skills. This is not a normal healing skill. You ONLY heal if you take damage from enemies. So if you want to be healed, you have to make sure you get hit. And if the return from that is less health than the damage you are taking, then it’s not a heal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think you’re missing the point. That’s for normal healing skills. This is not a normal healing skill. You ONLY heal if you take damage from enemies. So if you want to be healed, you have to make sure you get hit. And if the return from that is less health than the damage you are taking, then it’s not a heal.

erm.

it has an active use =/

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The active is rubbish.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

errr

Most #6 skill signets require something to heal. they should be worse since they are easymode passives, and signet of bad wont fix necro problems, as we have a perfectly fine working #6.

On side note, warior healing signet is actually an elite.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/