New ES idea: Vampire Hunter

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Elite Spec Name: Vampire Hunter
Weapon: Duel Swords (get both an offhand weapon and main-hand weapon)
New Skill Type: Blood Ritual
Mechanics: F1- Metamorphosis change into a Vampire Form. F2 – Spawn Coffin. Lifeblood replaces Lifeforce.

Necromancer Elite Spec becomes Vampire Hunters.

With the invasion of the demons and their Vampire lords into the lands, the Necromancer cults took the sacrifice of drinking from the Blood Ritual, to gain the strength of the Vampire themselves, to hunt down the Vampire Demons Lords that march forward on their path of destruction.
Lifeblood replaces Lifeforce. Instead of the Health Pool getting replaced, Lifeblood is consumed for Metamorphosis skills. Coffin on the other hand replaces health pool similar to traditional Shroud mechanic.

Vampire Hunters can transform into a mobile melee focused form with F1. The Vampire Hunter sleeps into a hibernation in their floating coffin for self defense and AoE group support but has slower movement speed.

Vampire Hunter takes 75% less damage while in Coffin, and move 20% slower. Coffin heals nearby allies, and damage nearby enemies every 2 seconds passively. Coffin has PBAoE Support and Damage skills as well as ground target rituals that can be used. Generates Large amount of Lifeblood while in Coffin passively and from Coffin skills.
Allies can also channel their own health back, by using their interaction command when near the coffin.

Blood Rituals skills can be used while in Metamorphosis form but not while in Coffin.

Whats your thoughts on this idea?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Am I unaware of some vampiric invasion going on? This kinda reminds me of Witcher 3 DLC but for Tyria I think it’s a bit off-canon, as I don’t think Tyria actually has vampires.

You describe the mechanics far too vaguely to have an idea of how this would perform but it would seem the gameplay would be a bit… jumpy, let’s say. Popping the slow coffin, and then onto a fast mobile melee character?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

2 things :
- On an e-spec, weapon is merely flavor while traits and mechanisms are important.
- Forgot about getting 2 new weapons for an unique e-spec. This is the most unlikely thing that’s gonna happen, to much balance work for the devs.

Am I unaware of some vampiric invasion going on?

There are those weird winged things in maguma forest that are a pain to kill because of excessive life stealing and are conveniently called vampir. Maybe it’s that, however I’m not sure it’s necessary to dedicated a whole profession to to the eradication of those pest.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

2 things :
- On an e-spec, weapon is merely flavor while traits and mechanisms are important.
- Forgot about getting 2 new weapons for an unique e-spec. This is the most unlikely thing that’s gonna happen, to much balance work for the devs.

There are those weird winged things in maguma forest that are a pain to kill because of excessive life stealing and are conveniently called vampir. Maybe it’s that, however I’m not sure it’s necessary to dedicated a whole profession to to the eradication of those pest.

you forget that Dragon Hunters are also a similar concept of a name, but doesnt really limit them from fighting non-dragons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

2 things :

you forget that Dragon Hunters are also a similar concept of a name, but doesnt really limit them from fighting non-dragons.

Dragons are a big thing for the story though unlike vampires. And given the fact that there are some dragons left i dont think the focus ill shift.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Vampires in Tyria are non-sentient and inspired by East Asian concepts (see GW1’s Hopping Vampires). They’re basically just mindless, hungry beasts. They are not related to demons (pure Mist creatures of varying intelligence and self-awareness) in any way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The coffin sounds a bit silly to me. I would expect them to add a straight up Vampire spec rather than a hunter. It would come with more life steal abilities, but the cost is some of the shroud abilities would actually drain your base health as well as life force and maybe do extra damage if you have full health. This would make vitality useful for DPS creating a niche for underused types of gear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Vampire HUNTER? I think you misunderstand which classes do what flavor wise. You should hit up the ranger or guardian forum. Vampire spec is somewhat already in there, but its not too flashy right now so its kind of overlooked.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

Ritualist from gw1 – Shaman (totems what work like banner-summon spiritual animals) -Alchemist ( have elixir what can change necromancer into Hyde with new set of weapon skills)