New ES idea: Vampire Hunter

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Elite Spec Name: Vampire Hunter
Weapon: Duel Swords (get both an offhand weapon and main-hand weapon)
New Skill Type: Blood Ritual
Mechanics: F1- Metamorphosis change into a Vampire Form. F2 – Spawn Coffin. Lifeblood replaces Lifeforce.
Necromancer Elite Spec becomes Vampire Hunters.

With the invasion of the demons and their Vampire lords into the lands, the Necromancer cults took the sacrifice of drinking from the Blood Ritual, to gain the strength of the Vampire themselves, to hunt down the Vampire Demons Lords that march forward on their path of destruction.

Lifeblood replaces Lifeforce. Instead of the Health Pool getting replaced, Lifeblood is consumed for Metamorphosis skills. Coffin on the other hand replaces health pool similar to traditional Shroud mechanic.

Vampire Hunters can transform into a mobile melee focused form with F1. The Vampire Hunter sleeps into a hibernation in their floating coffin for self defense and AoE group support but has slower movement speed.

Vampire Hunter takes 75% less damage while in Coffin, and move 20% slower. Coffin heals nearby allies, and damage nearby enemies every 2 seconds passively. Coffin has PBAoE Support and Damage skills as well as ground target rituals that can be used. Generates Large amount of Lifeblood while in Coffin passively and from Coffin skills.

Allies can also channel their own health back, by using their interaction command when near the coffin.

Blood Rituals skills can be used while in Metamorphosis form but not while in Coffin.

Whats your thoughts on this idea?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

You lost me at duel swords.

Describe the functional niche your specialization idea fills and how it addresses shortcomings of current necromancer builds. The theme is irrelevant.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Vin Diesel is that you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Tepes.1456

Vlad Tepes.1456

please, i had enough of this on another mmo already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

I doubt Anet will add 2 weapons for elite spec. So far we have 1 ES = 1 weapon mainhand OR offhand (or 2-handed of course).
When i look at necro i feel that we lack solid range dps (staff is slow and more of control weapon and axe is single target and only 900 range) so my next guess would be:

Elite spec name: Ash
New weapon: Rifle
New class skill: Necronomicon
Summon 5-10 powerful zombies that attack your enemies as long as you have lifeforce. Pressing f1 while necronomicon is active will detonate your zombies for extra damage scaling with remaining lifeforce
New skill set: Gadget sets (Chainsaw for melee damage, Mechanical Gauntlet for close-mid control, Elixir book for healing)
Some new traits:
“Hail to the King, baby”- Your rifle damage is increased for every summon and your cd are reduced the same way
“Swallow This”- Enemies hit by your zombie explosion cause another explosion
“Groovy”- (minor) All gadgets skills share your shroud traits

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vantooth.6347

Vantooth.6347

Vampire hunter for a necromancer where are you pulling this from? Frankly vampire lord would be much more relevant.
Focus on healing with maybe boon stealing and more condi transfer. Sword as a main weapon is fine but no way are we getting it for both hand at the same time.
Otherwise a ES more minions focused would be nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Vampire hunter for a necromancer where are you pulling this from? Frankly vampire lord would be much more relevant.
Focus on healing with maybe boon stealing and more condi transfer. Sword as a main weapon is fine but no way are we getting it for both hand at the same time.

Ah no… Better GS for offhand

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

Well in DnD Heroes of Shadow the Necromancer can become Vampires, so its not a stretch when the grandmother of fantasy genre did it as well.

also did any ES get a main hand 1 hander? Nope.
So new things can always happen with providing two single hand weapons vs one 2hander weapon.

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

What vampires are you hunting exactly?

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

What vampires are you hunting exactly?

Well there are Vampires in HoT, as well as Vampric Runes, but for references, Vampire Hunters also hunt Demons in general as well.

Just my idea is modeled after Blade(marvel) like a lot of the other ES have super hero references.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

I’d Prefer to have a Throwing Daggers Or Longbow..

(personally i dislike the Rifles Aethetics i feel its quite a boring weapon specially for Necromancer)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

Describe the functional niche your specialization idea fills and how it addresses shortcomings of current necromancer builds. The theme is irrelevant.

Doesn’t really fit with what the OP described, but I think the Vampire theme or something similar would fit with making Necromancers into a type of life siphon based party healer. Someone that might actually conceivably want to have healing power. Maybe even let them steal boons directly from enemies and spread them to their party.

Biggest issue with it is that it’s hard to think of a trait line that doesn’t just feel like a better Blood Magic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This is why we need crossbows