New Elite Shadow Weaver

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Happiethyme.8175

Happiethyme.8175

Origin
In life there is always the Shadow of Death. No one understands this precarious balance more than the Necromancer. Journeying through the Heart of Thorns where the threat of Mordremoth lurks in every shadowy corner has awaken the Necromancers’ mastery of the Shadows. Being the master of Death they are, Necromancers have tapped into the very Shadows themselves to speed up the hour of twilight. These new ushers of Death are known as Shadow Weavers.

A new condition called Shadow Torment (stationary torment ticks/if the affected moves, “the hour of twilight” will speed up his/her clock and make them hit like a granny -10-15% physical and condition damage)

The new weapon will be Rifles with skills that range from 600-1200. 600 or less ranged skills will be more power focused, while 601 or more will be condition focused. As with the current power DH hammer auto attack build, the Rifle’s auto attack will be the main source of Shadow Torment condition application. There is a good balance of both power based and condition based attacks to utilize. I will explain in the individual skills.

Rifle Skills
1- Shadow Volley / Shadow Burst
-SV is used at 601-1200 range, shoots 3 quick bullets 1/2s activation / SB is used at 600 or less range and does a single high damage (not ridonkulous high, balanced high. I’ll let the balance team figure that out, they get paid the big bucks…) burst 1/4s activation. This is designed as a ranged condition weapon but can be utilized also as a close range power bursting option. On a side note…been using P/P Thief since I started playing this game and watching the AA on pistols is like watching paint dry, that goes for Engineers’ rifle AA to. Hopefully this way it’ll be like watching paint dry but at least you’re using a spray gun.

2- Shadow’s Embrace
- 1200 range 5sec cd 2sec channel applies blind after the channel is done also applies 3 stacks of burns that lasts 5secs. The animation should be like the Eles’ lightning whip but with black coloration.

3- Shadow Barrage
- 600 10scd instant cast, Step through the shadows and blink to your target 1/4s evade hit the first target with the butt of your rifle 1s stun and fire your rifle in a cone shaped barrage, hits 3 targets 2 times.

4- Shadow’s Lament/Wail
- 1200/600 15scd Silenced shot that creates a shadow pitch that applies 5 stacks of shadow torment at 601-1200 range. At 0-600 range it is higher pitch wailing sound that ruptures eardrums and does 2x damage.

5- Shadow Falls
- 1200 30scd 1s activation and evade ground targeted 8 hits, fall through the shadows and emerge at the targeted area unloading your clip on your target. Since it is a 1200 range blink with a long evade time but it doesn’t have a second blink like the Thieves Shadow Step/Return I gave it a 30scd. Also the blink or “fall through the shadows” part is a free form ground target blink like Shadow Step. For the actual “unloading your clip on your target” part to activate you will have to blink with 300 degree radius of your target, you can blink to the front, sides or back of your target but you have to be within 300 degree radius of your target for the actual attack to happen. Otherwise it is just a blink, which is also handy for disengaging during a fight.

It’s kind of late now and I’m pretty tired. I’ll post the info on the Shadow Shroud another day. Also the utilities and trait tree when I come up with them.

Shadow Shroud
In this particular Shroud form you would be using Life Force as another health bar but also an Energy bar. The new Life Force bar will be called Shadow Force. The energy aspect takes away the cool downs that are associated with Necromancer skills and allows Shadow Weavers in Shadow Shroud to “speed up the Hour of Twilight” and become the very “Ushers of Death” that they are known for. In other words this would allow a Shadow Weaver to activate his/her Shadow Shroud skills without worrying about CDs but at the cost of using up their Shadow Force bar. Oh yeah your rifle morphs into a giant dark shadowy Charzooka type animation that is phasing in and out of the shadows. Your eyes become dark as night as if they were 2 super massive black holes, near the event horizon you can see light being warped and bended.

1- Shadow Blast
- 1200 5 shadow force (sf for short) 1/2s activation (at for short) 3 quick blasts each bullet / shadow force ball is slightly bigger than the previous, every hit applies Shadow Torment (st for short) that lasts 3s. It pierces hitting the first target 3x, second 2x, third 1×. If it hits an ally applies 1/2s of quickness and a little heal per hit. The ally is factored in the order of the hits. For example if the ally is the first to get hit he/she takes the 3 hits and if a foe is hit second it takes the 2 hits etc…

This is designed again to be the boring AA condition applying or buffing attack similar to DHs’ AA hammer haha. I’m thinking about adding a shorter range version to keep with the Shadow Volley / Shadow Burst attacks but Shadow Blast is already a very useful AA.

2- Death’s Embrace
- 1200 15sf 3/4sat fire a ball of shadow force energy that absorbs projectiles if it’s not detonated blinds the target and applies 3 stacks of ST that lasts 2s single target. Detonate the ball consuming the shadow force energy damaging foes while healing allies and applies vigor 240 degree radius around the point of detonation hits 5 targets. If you detonate it on yourself you get regen and 25-30sf.

3- Death’s Barrage
- 300 25-35sf instant 1/2s evade Do a vertical jump yanking at your foes shadows stunning them for 1s, at the height of the jump shoot each target 3 times (3 targets total)

4- Shadow Song
- 600 10sf to activate +7sf for every second it is active absorbs nearby shadows feeding you shadow force and pulses healing in a 240 degree radius near you.

5- Twilight Falls
- 600 30sf to activate ground targeted Leap to the targeted area creating a shadow field that pulses blind and ST.

I know that a Life Force bar is at least 12000 when full and un-traited, so those Shadow Force Energy numbers I threw out are just examples. I’m sure Anet would have to bump those numbers up a bit to balance out the Shadow Force usage.

That’s it for now stay tuned for the Utilities and Trait Tree.

I welcome all opinions and critic.

(edited by Happiethyme.8175)

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Torch will fit way better, with shadow flames. And also some invisibility/spectral distortion and similar abilities. It lurks in the shadows of Death after all

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

I also want a rifle, with a short-barrel skin. Reaper traits have lot of similarities with horror movies (thats what the devs said), so i hope rifle would get some Army of Darkness inspiration
“Groovy…”

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Torch will fit way better, with shadow flames. And also some invisibility/spectral distortion and similar abilities. It lurks in the shadows of Death after all

Leave torch for support ES if we ever get one. Currently necro lacks power ranged weapon. That’s either bow or rifle, and rifle is much more awesome :P

Make Cryx technomancers happen!

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Or just fix staff and axe

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Or just fix staff and axe

Where’s fun in that? :P

Staff is pretty good for what it does – it’s just not a power weapon. As for axe, Anet said some time ago that as long as it remains non-projectile weapon, they won’t buff it.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

New Elite Shadow Weaver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Happiethyme.8175

Happiethyme.8175

I got an idea for Torch but it would have to be a main hander and I prefer the Thief to use it, in which case it can be either a main hander or off. Also YES SHADOW FLAMES. AMATERASU!!!