New Jagged Horror Necro (Hammer Included)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

((Originally Posted Under Suggestions))
But I wanted some feedback direct from the Necro Community

The main subject here is the Jagged Horror which I found has been a fairly overlooked aspect of the necromancer. I decided to come-up with a few more ways to implement the use of their existence by adding a new weapon (hammer) and altering some of the Necromancers traits and abilities themselves. Hopefully this can gravitate to other minds and inspire a deeper look into the relevancy of these little guys. Hope you enjoy.

Here is the Jagged Horror for use of reference.

Necromancer Skill Concepts:

Utility

• Flesh Golem / Charge: Command your flesh golem to charge a foe. All Jagged Horrors caught in it’s path explode dealing damage.
  • Signet of Undeath: Passive: Generates 1% life force per 3 seconds while in combat. Also creates one Jagged Horror every 50% LF gained (30s ICD).
    / Active: Now a channel cast

Traits

Death Magic

• Adept / Ritual of Summoning: Wells summon a Jagged Horror when cast.
  • Master (from Adept)/ Dark Armor: Gain 400 toughness and 2 seconds stability while channeling. (not JH specific but still nice and relevant to the Hammer concept below)

Blood Magic

• Adept / Transfusion: Life Transfer heals nearby allies. You gain health whenever one of your minions die.

Weapon

Hammer (New)

1. Body Smite: A bunting strike dealing damage. Gain 3% Lifeforce.
    / Body Breaker: An upward strike causing damage. Gain 4% Lifeforce.
    / Body Slayer: An arcing strike downward dealing damage. Deals bonus damage to downed enemies. Gain 5% Lifeforce.
  2. Soul Slug: Channel for 3 seconds drawing your Jagged Horrors to you. Reactivate to launch spectral energy at your enemy with an upward swing. Will launch any Jagged Horror (max 3) caught within the swing at your foe dealing bonus damage (adds Projectile Finisher).
  3. Bone Shaker: Slam the ground, crippling nearby foes. Cripple duration is increased for each condition on them. (Blast Finisher)
  4. Death Forge: Remove up to 2 conditions and summon a Jagged Horror. The Jagged Horror will cause those conditions on its next attack.
  5. Call of Power: Channel for 3 seconds and gain regeneration while sacrificing your Jagged Horrors. Gain bonus regeneration and 2% lifeforce for each JH sacrificed.
    / Blood Quake: Reactivate: Slam the ground, convert all your regeneration into might and cause damage and bleeding to nearby foes.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Minas Adun.6819

Minas Adun.6819

I, for one, would put as much support as I could behind a hammer necro, if, as suggested, it includes golf-swing-punting jagged horrors at enemies.

About the suggested hammer #5 – if the skill calls for a five-second channel to gain might and then converts it all to regeneration at the end, wouldn’t this be the same as just stacking regeneration during the channel? Or would the active skill skip the conversion, allowing for gratuitous might stacking in lieu of regeneration?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I, for one, would put as much support as I could behind a hammer necro, if, as suggested, it includes golf-swing-punting jagged horrors at enemies.

/signed.

I, for two, would love to see a Hammer Necro. I really really want to a have a true debuff, denial, control Necro available.

But! Golf-punting minions at enemies? Pure. Genius.

“Me next boss!”

Attachments:

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Thanks for the replies guys.

About the suggested hammer #5 – if the skill calls for a five-second channel to gain might and then converts it all to regeneration at the end, wouldn’t this be the same as just stacking regeneration during the channel? Or would the active skill skip the conversion, allowing for gratuitous might stacking in lieu of regeneration?

The latter. I wasn’t entirely sure how to word it to be more clear and keep it short. The activation would deny the regeneration conversion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hammer necro +1, imo if it remains more a ritual weapon, and we don’t actually hit people with it; similar to how all our weapons currently work. Also I love the ideas of playing with Jagged horrors.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

As happy as I would be with a new weapon for necromancer, and while your ideas are actually really creative and interesting, I do NOT want the weapon to be dependent on jagged horrors.

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

As happy as I would be with a new weapon for necromancer, and while your ideas are actually really creative and interesting, I do NOT want the weapon to be dependent on jagged horrors.

Thanks for the props and I understand. Maybe i’ll make a Jagged Horror-free greatsword concept :P

So I updated the hammer’s 3 and 4. The previous ideas felt kind of clunky.