New Necro casual PvE build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: scionofhorus.8629

scionofhorus.8629

Hey gang.

Started playing a few months ago as a Guardian/Dragonhunter and while it’s a fun class, I’m looking to play something ranged. The Necromancer appeals to me due to a misspent youth playing Diablo 2. I’m something of a “serious casual” in that I like to optimize despite having zero interest in Fractals/Raids. For this build, I wanted to focus on conditions and minions because those are the things that appeal to me most about the class. I just want to roam the world, bleed all of the things, and be virtually unkillable in HoT content.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjM0QTN2WDe1A7NOCGqYSHARwcG2hcQeCpQJA-TRSBQBNTfD2sgQL7HUOzfA4JAMNlfO7UA8MlgFU9HA-e

Since I don’t have ascended gear I tried bumping my Expertise/Condition Duration up with Nightmare Runes. Would Berserker Runes still be better in this case? Also, would it still be worth going Reaper if I won’t use a greatsword? Anyway, I’m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for any advice y’all impart.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Utilities: I personally would take rise, poison cloud, and epidemic. The biggest problem with overdoing the minion side of condi builds is that it lacks cleave damage. While running in the jungle you’ll find yourself swarmed easily. It might feel bad giving up a bunch of minions, but the amount of shambling horrors from rise usually is more than the vanilla minion master loadout.

specializations: Unfortunately if you want rise, you need to take reaper. I’d drop bloodmagic for this. Take master of corruption for the CD on epidemic and poison cloud. It also self inflicts additional conditions on yourself to transfer over with your dagger 4 or through minions for additional damage.

Gear: There’s really no reason to go vipers on half your gear. You want enough condition duration to get to 100% bleed duration. If you’re going to get viper armor, get the rest as well. There’s a few ascended viper stuff you can get in bloodstone fen by collecting blood rubies everyday so it wont hurt your wallet to get these. Usually you can drop a few viper pieces for sinisters, but I’m assuming you don’t want to be eating a ton of expensive utility items or want to spend money on an ascended set.

Here’s what I suggest http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLRD7khGo5Gs7GwbTg9GsUMYSfgQQHIKAMASAx9wiYSE-ThSAQBMc/hMqkLhq/0vDCwNVC2hTgQ+07ESlDA4BEkOTOCCYRA-e

Edit: yes, you need the cheese pizza. 20% duration on condition is a large chunk of damage. If you want to cut corners you can get a weaker version from the Permanent Portable Provisioner in WvW for 5 badges each.

(edited by KickzNGigglez.4958)