New idea for Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

Death Shroud is suppose to be a life battery generate from things dying around the necromancer. Necromancer can tap into this battery of stored life to generate very deadly and high damage attacks. Outside of entering DS for those set skills, just having a full DS battery bar should increase all nercomancer attacks by 10%. One of the main purpose to the battery bar will represent in group play, by allowing the necromancer to rapidly heal a downed teammate from range just fusioning life directly into him at a great drain to the battery. If the person is defeated, the necromancer will need to transfer battery life into the person equalling the defeated person total heath. (i.e. defeated person has 18k heath, that player will be restore to full heath at a cost of 18k drained from the battery). There maybe additional cost to this skill like the necromancer recieving a buff causing him not to enter DS and absorb death energy for 3 mins or place a big CD on the resurrection skill. This new twist on using the DS life battery will give the necromancer many more options and a unique skill to a dungeon groupand WvW. There can many ways designers can maintain game balance by reducing the amount of death energy we absorb per death around us, CDs, or a elite skill. Just food for thought……….always looking for way to give a class I enjoy playing more purpose in group play. Tell me what you think or any other ideas you have.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strength_of_Undeath

Imo DS is fine as it is. Id like boon removal on life blast but im not too fussed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Sounds fun, but I can’t see anyway to make it meaningful without being OP.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Imo DS is fine as it is. Id like boon removal on life blast but im not too fussed.

I like the idea of Life Blast being different depending on weapon used :P.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I like the idea of Life Blast being different depending on weapon used :P.

But would we get in DS weapon-swap back for that? Because such a thing would make the mechanic pretty relevant.

It’d be a very welcome change as well, allowing alot more diversity on how people use DS.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The major problem I have with death shroud is that it doesn’t contribute to all builds you might want to use. For example, I use a condition build and if I enter death shroud, even with my high critical and gaining fury, along with causing bleeding and weakness while entering, It still isn’t a piratical or good idea for me to stay in it longer then 5 seconds.

On the other hand if you are using a power or tanking build, death shroud becomes far more useful. The high damage output of its auto along with the Life Transfer. If you are using minions, life transfer works well as a healing skill for the minions, but you still don’t want to be in the death shroud very long. Even for a power build once you hit the 50% mark, you want to drop out of death shroud as soon as possible.

I would like to see more of a reward for using it. And to make it more of a bonus for using it with multiple build types rather then being harmful to many of them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Don’t forget that DS cuts you off all healing sources, unlike every other damage mitigating state in the game.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

I understand DS is find as it is for some necros; especially, power base builts. This is just a idea to take a skill and give the necro a unique death/life transfer. To bring a defeated dungeon-mate or server-mate back to life will be inplaceable. I recall the days of EQ where necros were very limit in large raids outside of mana batteries for wizards and healers, and one very simple change happen-necros could summon a corpse from anywhere in the dungeon at his feet, and BAM! Raids went from one necro to 3 or 4 necros. Raid wiping was no longer a raid ender for the day. guilds were allowed to see more game content afterwards. Necros need something, maybe this might be the answer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tareck.4853

Tareck.4853

The major problem I have with death shroud is that it doesn’t contribute to all builds you might want to use. For example, I use a condition build and if I enter death shroud, even with my high critical and gaining fury, along with causing bleeding and weakness while entering, It still isn’t a piratical or good idea for me to stay in it longer then 5 seconds.

On the other hand if you are using a power or tanking build, death shroud becomes far more useful. The high damage output of its auto along with the Life Transfer. If you are using minions, life transfer works well as a healing skill for the minions, but you still don’t want to be in the death shroud very long. Even for a power build once you hit the 50% mark, you want to drop out of death shroud as soon as possible.

I would like to see more of a reward for using it. And to make it more of a bonus for using it with multiple build types rather then being harmful to many of them.

Same for me, I totally agree with your opinion. For conditions necro, its bad compare of what you can do with your other skills. Otherwise, i think that DS form power should depend on wich weapon is equiped

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Death Shroud is extra HP, and 4 more abilities. Everyone can find something to do with more HP and more abilities. Not to say it benefits everyone equally, but not a single profession mechanic benefits every build equally.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Death Shroud is extra HP, and 4 more abilities. Everyone can find something to do with more HP and more abilities. Not to say it benefits everyone equally, but not a single profession mechanic benefits every build equally.

except the necro is also one of the least mobile professions in the game(if not the least mobile). They also don’t get vigor either. So much of the damage mitigation that other professions get is balanced out with the extra health that death shroud gives. And it doesn’t cost the other professions their whole mechanic to get this damage mitigation either.

My mesmer, who has far worse armor then my necromancer, survives just as well as my necromancer in most situations. And the reason for that is because she has lots of stealth and clones to drop agro, vigor to recharge her dodges quicker, movement skills, and even distortion to help her further. Granted she can’t drop from the sky and pop death shroud to prevent death. But that isn’t a very common occurrence.

I don’t mind that the necromancer doesn’t have as many movement skills, vigor or anything like that. And death shroud does work well for that. At the same time, because the necro doesn’t have those abilities, that means that a whole mechanic is spent just to make them on par with other professions at damage mitigation. And this isn’t even mentioning how beneficial the other 7’s mechanics are to them vs how the death shroud is to the necromancer.