New skills new playstyle?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koloman.1632

Koloman.1632

I, like many, like to think over new skills and additions to my beloved classes. A thought came to me a while ago. Anet is always talking about build diversity and play-styles and all that nonsense. What if we found new ways to play said class that could bring on new skills instead of simply presenting the raw skills. So, allow me to throw some of my boring ideas out there for you to eat up and throw back.

I’ve put some thought into it and the necro is one of the few profession out there that can actually transform (other than engie, warrior and mesmer, but they don’t count). Just a thought, what if transformation utilities were to make it to the necro and give him/her a kind of kit-swap or attunment-type playstyle. Being able to swap in and out of transformations would be fun and add a new element while staying true to the necro theme I think.

thoughts? likes? dislikes? …trolls?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If they differentiated it from elementalist/engineer by making them all full transformations, as in fairly long CD without the ability to just hop in and out at will, I think it could be really cool.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Kind of like…… Deathshround ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

I would like to see risk/reward skills in the vein of corruptions except the consume health instead. Having Deathshroud allows us to play with our health a little more than other classes, so I think it would be pretty cool.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I would like to see risk/reward skills in the vein of corruptions except the consume health instead. Having Deathshroud allows us to play with our health a little more than other classes, so I think it would be pretty cool.

+1

But to make these work, siphoning should be fixed imo. Or use life force instead of health.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Using life force as some sort of mana pool could be really, really interesting if the skills were powerful and balanced.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

“Necromancers are masters of the dark arts. They summon the dead to fight for them, channel blood energy and rend their enemies’ souls. Necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and others. As a scholar profession, necromancers wear light armor.”

Would make sense. But if necro is going in that way, lf generation should be changed too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

“Necromancers are masters of the dark arts. They summon the dead to fight for them, channel blood energy and rend their enemies’ souls. Necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and others. As a scholar profession, necromancers wear light armor.”

Would make sense. But if necro is going in that way, lf generation should be changed too.

We already do this…..its just that other professions do it better.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Life force doesn’t need to be changed into a resource pool, our health should be turned into the pool, with Deathshroud actually allowing us to potentially float at lower HP due to sacrificing and then jump into DS to cover us if something bad happened.

This was one of the biggest things I really missed about GW1. I really miss the conditional abilities and the ability to use HP as an extra resource.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

And how would you apply this to skills to enhance them? What would they do after certain thresholds of HP / LF? If the fight goes longer and you keep yourself at high health (with fixed siphons) wouldnt be it op? Being at low health to get greater potencial is good on paper (high risk, high reward), but all of us know how this turns out on the live game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Life force doesn’t need to be changed into a resource pool, our health should be turned into the pool, with Deathshroud actually allowing us to potentially float at lower HP due to sacrificing and then jump into DS to cover us if something bad happened.

This was one of the biggest things I really missed about GW1. I really miss the conditional abilities and the ability to use HP as an extra resource.

+1, would bang to the heaven’s door

Keep in mind, we still have at least 6 possible future Death Shroud skill expansions. We already do have attacks, why not add DS “utilities”?

And more normal weapons/utilities playing with both Life Force and Health

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

And how would you apply this to skills to enhance them? What would they do after certain thresholds of HP / LF? If the fight goes longer and you keep yourself at high health (with fixed siphons) wouldnt be it op? Being at low health to get greater potencial is good on paper (high risk, high reward), but all of us know how this turns out on the live game.

In my opinion, I’d love to see something like:
Pain’s Reward - Damage yourself and nearby foes. (You suffer 50% damage dealt).

Think of these a the power/vitality complement to corruptions. Since we don’t have the sustain maintain our fat health pool, let me burn my health in order to kill foes faster.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

that ‘and others’ part really made me giggle.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It does make me giggle when I can heal my teammates for more than their own healing skill with the single highest scaling healing skill in the entire game.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

Two more days folks! Pass the word on!

Scrubbiest Necro NA.